[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for Note10/Note10+/Note10+ 5G Exynos

Search This thread

iron android

Apr 21, 2016
Hello everyone i want your opinion if should i install the rom or not? Pls i am confused and afraid if i gonna break my phone

ReoL98

Aug 11, 2016
Only thing I've noticed is that the camera doesnt work. And I need the camera, so I installed 420ROM instead. idk if theres anything else that doesnt work

PieceofSlice

Oct 27, 2013
Seattle
Did he? I really liked the rom when I installed it, sadly had to change due to camera not working.

There hasn't been an update, or any word from him in months. Pretty sure it's abandoned.

Pretty ****ty considering this phone has like 3 ROMs and all of which are pretty bleh

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Did he? I really liked the rom when I installed it, sadly had to change due to camera not working.

There hasn't been an update, or any word from him in months. Pretty sure it's abandoned.

Pretty ****ty considering this phone has like 3 ROMs and all of which are kinda bleh

zener05

Apr 12, 2009
I would like to have a new update with working camera as well. Is there any guess when it can be? I flashed friend's Note 10+ 5G (d2x) and I don't know if I should give it him back or wait till new update. Thx.

Reactions: PieceofSlice

CommanderSozo

Jun 16, 2020
SPenCommand & GCAM?!

Hey,
Is this a daily driver for any of You? I choose this because of privacy issues with stock. (i don't flash gapps - i use microg)
Any suggestions about how to take notes with S-Pen?
Any option to port Notes app from original samsung rom?
Which camera do you recommend?
Other cool tricks?

Thanks
——————————————

Have you tried SPenCommand? If so what is your experience? Also, have you tried GCAM? If so, what has been your experience?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy Note10 Series

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
    - Advanced S-Pen functionality like gestures
    - 5G conectivity on N976B as android doesnt have standard implementation for it in place yet (Will be implemented soon)

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps and addonsu installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on latest stock firmware (Older Q stock firmwares should work too tho)

Download twrp from here
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    Once in twrp flash multi-disabler
    format data
    wipe cache dalvink system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

If you are updating from previous release just flash the rom on top of old one and wipe cache/dalvik(art) cache

Downloads:
    Mega.nz
    (Select build coresponding to your devices codename, Note10 = d1 | Note10+ = d2s | Note10+ 5G = d2x)
    If you are coming from previous build and were using magisk in it make sure you also flash a magisk image
    after installing the rom otherwise you will have to remove screen lock

Gapps
    READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android Q
    Changelog

- Merged N976BXXU2BTB4 source for D2X
    - Merged N97*FXXU2BTB5/N97*FXXS3BTB9 source for D1 and D2S
    - Fixed issue where there were no default notification/ringtone sounds set on clean install
    - Merged march 2020 security update together with pixel feature drop 2
    - Synced with LOS source

- D2S/D1 merged N97*FXXS2BTA7 kernel source
    - Merged february security update
    - Fixed magisk boot images for D2S and D1
    - Synced with LOS source

- Rebased kernel on top of samsungs Q source drop
    - Fixed kernel not properly reporting deep sleep state to userspace
    - Reimplemented sensor reporting to allow access to proximity sensor to more apps
    - Updated build fingerprint to Q one
    - Updated TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM flag to reflect samsungs changes to same
    - Removed releasetools which was failing on new-ish twrp releases anyway
    - Removed P vndk libs
    - Fixed power hal race condition
    - Fixed manual network selection
    - Replaced S pen icon with circle instead of mouse pointer
    - Fixed double tap to wake
    - Updated camera cutout settings on d2x and d2s
    - Performance and stability improvements

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for Note10/Note10+/Note10+ 5G Exynos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_universal9825

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any Q stock firmware should work but latest is always recommanded

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-23

Created 2019-11-29
    Last Updated 2020-03-23
    Reserved

Screenshots

pj2PQMI.jpg

CwPc3FZ.jpg

3UBq4jP.jpg

LVFUpxQ.jpg

Reserved

Magisk boot images are provided within each device folder named d*-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed d*-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub ( Use this branch for for d2x) if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh d2s, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy
    I was talking with Ivan some days ago, and he said me that a New Version is coming ASAP, the thread is not abandon, he was busy!
    Just installed the latest 17.1 version on my Galaxy Note+ (SM-N975F) and it is working fine. Only Android Auto is not working when I connect it to my car display and also bluetooth in call audio is not working. Not in the car and not with my headset. Just the same like it is in Phusson AOSP v210. With stock ROM this is working fine. Android Auto is not a big issue, bluetooth call audio is. This rom is stable and fast and thanks for sharing this with us.