• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

dirtydirtyharry

Aug 20, 2009
My phone never booted when I patched twrp using magisk. This is also mentioned in the OP.

Steps that worked for me right away (coming from stock CTC9):
root using https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root
install (original, untouched, unpatched) twrp from https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ecovery-twrp-3-3-0-galaxy-s10-exynos-t3924856 using following terminal command (su first obviously):
boot to recovery
format data
wipe dalvik, cache, system
flash beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from OP to boot
install los
install multidisabler from https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ynos/g97xf-multi-disabler-encryption-t3919714
install gapps if required
reboot

Basically exactly what OP says, never bothered with vbmeta.

I was up most of the night again. Had 3 hours sleep. Still can't manage. I appreciate your advice though. I did manage to get LOS working twice in about 20 attempts but only when my phone was unrooted. Rooting seems so hit and miss. Can anyone see a reason why when I follow the TopJohnWu system as root guide and magisk does its final reboot (and it has rooted fine) my s10 won't then allow me to enter recovery by doing the usual power, vol up and Bixby button combo. I power off after rooting . I then do the button combo. Each time however it won't enter recovery and tries booting and gets boot loop. I therefore don't get chance to install LOS and multidisabler etc etc.
This failure to enter recovery only ever seems to happen as soon as I've got root working following Johnwu guidance . Please someone advice before I throw this phone through the window. :(

t.l

Dec 11, 2016
I was up most of the night again. Had 3 hours sleep. Still can't manage. I appreciate your advice though. I did manage to get LOS working twice in about 20 attempts but only when my phone was unrooted. Rooting seems so hit and miss. Can anyone see a reason why when I follow the TopJohnWu system as root guide and magisk does its final reboot (and it has rooted fine) my s10 won't then allow me to enter recovery by doing the usual power, vol up and Bixby button combo. I power off after rooting . I then do the button combo. Each time however it won't enter recovery and tries booting and gets boot loop. I therefore don't get chance to install LOS and multidisabler etc etc.
This failure to enter recovery only ever seems to happen as soon as I've got root working following Johnwu guidance . Please someone advice before I throw this phone through the window. :(

Try
Code:
reboot recovery
from terminal, then keep pressing volume up.

nluan001

Jan 16, 2014
It shouldn't be patched. I think, according to post #505, the vbmeta image should be flashed after TWRP but before booting into anything other than download mode. Also try and use the vbmeta image from the LOS 16 post, if you didn't use that one.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

How did you install Magisk? If you got it to show on the stock rom that method won't work on this one.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Oh also, you did put the vbmeta file in a .tar file right? That's the only other way I see you might have gone wrong.
I used 7zip to tar twrp and vbmeta img. Is it wrong? Or just rename it?

That's new for me, but it works indeed! But somehow I get a black screen in 'Camera' mode. Video and Panorama do show the image, but 'Camera' is just black. For both the front as the back camera.
One other thing I noticed is the front camera is not sharp at all. It looks like it's unable to focus correctly.

You need to modify the lib file and load a config file, there is a telegram group you can find wich will provide you with all the necessary steps and files needed to get you up and running

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

OK, sorry, which does not work, the telephoto?

I have not found a way to get the zoom lens working in zgcam and i think that's not possible, for that maybe you can find another app that could use the telephoto lens

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Its very rude to correct others with your stupidity bro, maybe your the one who needs to check your eyes and even your brain while your at it...

There is no way a ZGCAM mod is better than a stock camera and never will, plain and simple, but placebo makes some people blind...Whats next? Donkeys fly?!;)

Now you're being rude on purpose, a lot of people say (including me) that zgcam is better and it's not a placebo effect... Test it yourself and you'll see (if you set it up correctly of course wich i doubt very much)

dirtydirtyharry

Aug 20, 2009
Flash TWRP:
Boot device into Bootloader (see instructions above).
Rename the twrp-beyondXlte-3.3.1-101_ianmacd.img to recovery.img and tar it with 7-Zip (twrp-beyondXlte-3.3.1-101_ianmacd.tar).
Use Odin to flash the twrp-beyondXlte-3.3.1-101_ianmacd.tar via the AP slot (uncheck Auto Reboot in Odin).
REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER AGAIN and continue with flashing vbmeta_disabler.

Apologies if this is me being stupid but how do we effectively go from Bootloader straight back into Bootloader again. I was trying yesterday but couldn't manage it!

I am assuming we can't flash the two successive files without relaunching Bootloader in between. Thanks

Gabs-1

Apr 10, 2020
Hey!
I have a problem with zgcam, after installing new lib (from telegram group) and config file, I get a black screen in camera. Worked perfectly on previous version of lineageos.
Any idea? Thanks

hariskar

Nov 10, 2010
Kavala
Yes latest, but I have used many previous versions too.
Did you put libexynoscamera3 S10 oneUI2.so in Vendor/lib, rename it to libexynoscamera3.so and give permissions 0644? And then restart?

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
My s10e had Magisk installed, and verified to be rooted.
However, when I proceed to flash a magisk_patched.tar package that contains patched TWRP recovery img with the remaining original BL+CP+HOME_CSC, the next reboot will always fail and goes straight to download mode with the following error:

(AVB Fail)
Recovery: Error Validating Footer (0)
Recovery: Error verifying vbmeta image: Invalid vbmeta header (0)

I would need to flash the stock firmware in order to boot up the phone afterwards.

TWRP version I am using is twrp-beyond0lte-3.3.1-103_ianmacd

May I know what should I do? I have tried many times :/

Last edited:

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
My phone never booted when I patched twrp using magisk. This is also mentioned in the OP.

1. root using https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root
  2. install (original, untouched, unpatched) twrp from https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/development/recovery-twrp-3-3-0-galaxy-s10-exynos-t3924856 using following terminal command (su first obviously):
    Code:
    f=/storage/emulated/0/Download/untouched_twrp.img; dd if=$f of=/dev/block/sda15 bs=$(stat -c%s $f)
  3. boot to recovery
  4. format data
  5. wipe dalvik, cache, system
  6. flash beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from OP to boot
  7. install los
  8. install multidisabler from https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/samsung-galaxy-s10--s10--s10-5g-cross-device-development-exynos/g97xf-multi-disabler-encryption-t3919714
  9. install gapps if required
  10. reboot

Basically exactly what OP says, never bothered with vbmeta.

May I know how do you execute the following steps?

- install (original, untouched, unpatched) twrp (is it via windows adb command, or a terminal app in s10?)

- flash beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from OP to boot (is this the magisk patched twrp image itself? is this being flashed in twrp to boot option?)

dirtydirtyharry

Aug 20, 2009
I was so close!!!
I managed to get S10 rooted. Then in twrp:
- formatted data
- multidisabler
- LOS
- GAPPS
**** and then i tried to install the magisk image to boot slot*** I got the following ERROR in TWRP - "Size of image is larger than target device"

I didnt have a clue what to do so didnt flash nagisk image and when LOS booted sure enough Ive lost root. Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone PLEASE advise - i have no hair left after all this. Thank you. :(

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
I was so close!!!
I managed to get S10 rooted. Then in twrp:
- formatted data
- multidisabler
- LOS
- GAPPS
**** and then i tried to install the magisk image to boot slot*** I got the following ERROR in TWRP - "Size of image is larger than target device"

I didnt have a clue what to do so didnt flash nagisk image and when LOS booted sure enough Ive lost root. Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone PLEASE advise - i have no hair left after all this. Thank you. :(

How do you install twrp after rooting with Magisk?

Fernix_

Jun 26, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Because somewhere in booting non stock software, in this case TWRP, I think you just forgot to flash the multidisabler. Your best bet rn is to flash everything stock and follow post #505. Vbmeta images can be found in the old LOS 16 thread

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

root using https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#samsung-system-as-root
install (original, untouched, unpatched) twrp from https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ecovery-twrp-3-3-0-galaxy-s10-exynos-t3924856 using following terminal command (su first obviously):

May I know how do you execute the following steps?

- install (original, untouched, unpatched) twrp (is it via windows adb command, or a terminal app in s10?)

- flash beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img from OP to boot (is this the magisk patched twrp image itself? is this being flashed in twrp to boot option?)
TWRP can only be flashed in Odin if I'm not mistaken, in the same way you would flash the rooted TWRP. The boot img Is installed like a zip, at the end of the entire process, but you have to click s little button at the bottom of the screen when flashing so you can choose .img files

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

My s10e had Magisk installed, and verified to be rooted.
However, when I proceed to flash a magisk_patched.tar package that contains patched TWRP recovery img with the remaining original BL+CP+HOME_CSC, the next reboot will always fail and goes straight to download mode with the following error:

(AVB Fail)
Recovery: Error Validating Footer (0)
Recovery: Error verifying vbmeta image: Invalid vbmeta header (0)

I would need to flash the stock firmware in order to boot up the phone afterwards.

TWRP version I am using is twrp-beyond0lte-3.3.1-103_ianmacd

May I know what should I do? I have tried many times :/
The error message tells you everything you need to know. If you want to boot that thing, flash an empty vbmeta image first. Now I don't get why you would want to even install the Magisk patched TWRP. Just install it unpatched, then flash the vbmeta.img, just like it's stated in post #505, which is probably the most important resource on the thread.

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
I have installed magisk_patched_boot.img, and device boots up all and well. But Magisk is still not installed.

May I know what is the next step I should do to install Magisk?

Last edited:

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you for all the help guys, I managed to get everything up and running!

However, is there a fix for Chrome browser crashes? This includes Chrome Beta and Chrome Dev browsers as well...

Edit: I uninstalled EdExposed and the issue goes away. But my ctsProfile now fails

Last edited:

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
I have created a Boot Warning Fix for the S10 line to get rid of the annoying "Unlocked Bootloader Warning" message.
It replaces it with the LineageOS Logo (see attachment) and also fixes the red colored "Not running Samsungs Software Warning" message when you boot your device.
The patch will not affect your data or your installed LineageOS as it works on a different partition at boot time (firmware level).
But as always, no warranty is taken and you flash at your own risk!

Please find below the Boot Warning Fix for:
G970F - S10e
G973F - S10
G975F - S10+

Please unzip the corresponding attachment and flash BLF_97XF.tar in the AP slot with Odin for this to work. Please have the "Reboot Option" checked in Odin.
Your device will reboot after the patching and should start normally again without any annoying boot warning messages anymore.

PS: The fix can be reverted again by flashing the original Samsung firmware (if you revert it, you only need to reflash the BL slot with the BL firmware).

Thank you for the work, appreciate it! However, is it possible to make a version for s10e/s10/s10+ with this wallpaper?
It is darker and not so hard on the eyes :fingers-crossed:

URL: Link

crop.php

t.l

Dec 11, 2016
My Phantom remote also doesn't work. I'm out in the field just now, should have tested at home...
Did you (or anybody else) get this to work? Tried (de)activating ADB, tested all different default USB-modes - nothing works.

It seems as if no one got these devices to work - I would have appreciated this information in the first post (Not Working section).
As much as I love lineage (& kudos to @Ivan_Meler for porting!) - at least for me this is a dealbreaker, I don't want to bring a second mobile/tablet just for DJI devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
    Download Q twrp from this thread
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:
    Google drive
    Mega.nz
    (Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)
    sha256 checksums

Code:
    93ca94478bd8fa8e95fd513d8aae82b8e3aa0d21484e31ba2098c1e5e6693990  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    afb505986373bbeb10ade91f67765d800f504a933c6b94d88c4013382ab32270  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    06a334e091bdaac91f6c64559b5c9746559178facc7364b5676c39ddaa826a18  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

4668a9cc55f6135403120370e668548a  beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img
    4954c5f2cbedbc2bbd90362745d93a1d  beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img
    84ec49e64560477e1df87417dbc4890e  beyond0lte-boot-magisk.img

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group

Gapps
    READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android Q
    Changelog

- Merged january security update
    - Updated magisk boot image to magisk 21.2
    - Misc performance and security updates

-Merged december security update
    - Merged december vendor security update
    - Updated magisk images to 21.1
    - Synced with los source

- Updated vendor to XXU9DTJA
    - Switched to more calibrated sensor for Adaptive Brightness
    - Merged November 2020. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Updated vendor to FXXS9DTI8
    - Fixed camera and bt issues present in previous build
    - Merged october 2020 security update
    - Synced with LOS source
    - Updates magisk images to latest canary build (turns out it was more stable than beta version)

- Merged OneUI 2.5 Kernel and vendor (DTH7)
    - Enabled 5GHz tethering
    - Updated Magisk images
    - Merged September 2020 Security update
    - Tuned little core optimizations
    - Enabled vibrator intensity control (under accesibility)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Imported G97*FXXU8CTG4 vendor changes
    - Merged August 2020 system and vendor security updates
    - Improved system security and stability
    - Synced with LOS source (Check out new extended volume panel)

- Imported G97*FXXS7CTF3 vendor changes
    - Merged July 2020 security update for both system and vendor

- Merged G97*FXXU7CTF1 kernel source
    - Imported G97*FXXU7CTF1 vendor changes
    - Removed proximity from always on display (again)
    - Updated magisk images to G97*FXXU7CTF1
    - Camera and wifi stability and performance improvements
    - HWC stability and performance improvements
    - Fixed issue where USB tethering under linux would cause kernel panic
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged June 2020 System security patch
    - Merged June 2020 Vendor security patch (G97*FXXU3ASJD)
    - Improved completely back theme
    - Misc performance improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed DT2W on AOD
    - Added completely black theme (You can access it thru styles settings entry)
    - Removed blinking proximity sensor from AOD
    - Added usb trust hal that can prevent usb devices from being used if plugged in while device is locked
    - Exposed mdnie screen tuning modes
    - Moved pin entry area above fingerprint on s10 and s10+ so they dont overlap with sensor
    - Cleaned up DT2W implementation
    - Added high touch sensitivity mode (Glove mode) (This can also help when using screen protectors)
    - Implemented mDNIe powered color calibration (Settings>Display>LiveDisplay)
    - Implemented color profiles so you can use natural colors if you wish to do so (Settings>Display>LiveDisplay)
    - Next update should add even more color modes powered by mDNIe like negative and greyscale
    - Updated magisk kernel images
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed boot on latest CTD1 firmware
    - added ctd1 dtbo
    - exposed all camera instances to external apps
    - started working on HRM sensor
    - merged CTD1 kernel source
    - updated magisk images
    - misc performance and stability improvements

- Merged G97*FXXS5CTD1 blobs with may 2020 security update
    - Merged may 2020 system security update
    - Fixed usb tethering issues

- Fixed significant motion sensor detection
    - merged April system security update
    - Added vbmeta into the zip
    - Removed unused radio(ril) interfaces
    - Merged Note and s10 5g kernels into same tree for easier maintanance
    - Switched to source built dtbo
    - Updated magisk kernel images

- April vendor security update (System is still march as april tags havent been released on aosp yet)
    - Rebased kernel on top of G97*FXXU4CTC9
    - Added dt and dtbo images to rom
    - merged G97*FXXU4CTC9 vendor binaries
    - Removed simstat service as samsung fixed dual sim device detection
    - Updated boot images to Magisk 20.4

- Merged march system security update
    - Merged latest feature drop
    - Synced with los source
    - merged G97*FXXS4BTB3 vendor binaries

- Fixed camera cutout on S10
    - Enabled proximity sensor in all apps with proper permissions
    - Rewrote sensor impl
    - Removed unused parts of lights hal
    - Added vendor to the build (This is why rom is larger now)
    - Cleaned up lights overlays and power hal handling
    (This means vendor partition also gets built from source and can be more customized per aosp needs
    instead of relaying on bind mounting over existing drivers)

- Fixed BT calls on some devices that had issues with WBS
    - Fixed issue where on clean install or after factory reset there were no default notification sounds and ringtones set
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged 4BTA8 kernel source
    - Merged February security update
    - Fixed MTP/USB tethering while ADB is enabled
    - Synced with LOS source

- Rebased kernel on top of samsungs G975FXXU3BSKO source
    - Fixed kernel not properly reporting deep sleep state to userspace
    - Reimplemented sensor reporting to allow access to proximity sensor to more apps
    - Updated build fingerprint to Q one
    - Updated TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM flag to reflect samsungs changes to same
    - Removed releasetools which was failing on new-ish twrp releases anyway
    - Removed P vndk libs
    - Fixed power hal race condition
    - Fixed manual network selection
    - Performance and stability improvements

- Added FOD icons for S10 and S10+
    (This will show up any time system or app needs to use fp sensor and will help users locate the sensor)
    - Fixed detection of dual sim devices

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-17.1

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any stock Q firmware, Latest is recommended

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-09

Created 2019-11-20
    Last Updated 2020-11-09
    Reserved

Magisk boot images are provided within each device folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
    New build is up sorry for delays on this one but there was weird bug caused by samsungs power hal which took way longer than it should to be fixed, Magisk is independent of recovery as promised you can read more info about it in 3rd post on main page, There are a lot of other smaller improvements all around, Rest of the source for developers to compile other roms will be up soon (Just doing some final cleanup of proprietary bits and pieces)

Also big thanks to anyone who supported this project by covering build server cost and stuff and I'm really sorry for delays with this build but things should be pretty straightforward from this point
    Reserved

Reserved
    New update is almost ready for release from extensive testing i only noticed 1 small issue that needs to be fixed before release(that being sec power hal)

And more great news is that you won't need any custom recovery for magisk root anymore as it will reside within boot images for those that want to use it, that also means there won't be need to reboot to recovery/hold key combo to boot rooted with magisk