[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Search This thread

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
This is a very sketchy tactic you're using here. Hiding apps behind membership paywalls. Shame!
Seriously ? Tactic, right.... I was searching intensively for an option to get gcam working again on my phone after the update. The only to me viable option was to retrieve the necessary modified library from an developer who decided to offer it as a paid service as no other option was suggested here. You can like that or not.

However in the end I wanted to share my solution here in order to safe others the search. The link has been removed, that's fine but it's definitely in acceptable to shame one for sharing his solution.

hornedfiend

Aug 24, 2010
Bucharest
Seriously ? Tactic, right.... I was searching intensively for an option to get gcam working again on my phone after the update. The only to me viable option was to retrieve the necessary modified library from an developer who decided to offer it as a paid service as no other option was suggested here. You can like that or not.

However in the end I wanted to share my solution here in order to safe others the search. The link has been removed, that's fine but it's definitely in acceptable to shame one for sharing his solution.
All right. Maybe I over reacted, sorry if I offended you or anything. Was just trying to point out it's hard to asses whether your provided solution works since I would have to pay to see it for myself.
To me it felt more like you were trying to provide a fully working solution by putting it behind a membership. Doesn't matter anyway. Maybe someone can provide the lib without forcefully hiding it behind a paywall.

Ivan_Meler

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
New builds are up not too many changes due to some surprises that will soon be in 18.1 builds and well general holidays and everything that was going on lately

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help offset build server cost

Finn1sher

Nov 19, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
Google Nexus 5
No, unfortunatelly not.
Open Gapps do not have an official version for Android 10 ARM64 yet and the Open Gapps 10 beta will end-up in a bootloop.

The only GAPPS which work (at least for me) are the BITGAPPS:
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/arm64-bitgapps-q-10-0-0-t3968500
No gapps? No problem. I like Lineage because of it's integration with MicroG 🥰
I'm poking around here to see how lineage is for this device, I may flash an /e/ ROM that's based off of this.

Android-Joker

Oct 1, 2014
Thanks @Ivan_Meler for your great work! Rom is pretty smooth. But I still have problems with getting USB Audio working. Some already mentioned that issue. Did I overread the solution or is this still in progress?

rick321

Mar 16, 2019
Hesse
Just want to report that I could easyly update to LOS 18.1.

From this LOS 17.1 image (without gapps, using the official TWRP-recovery) I just flashed LOS 18.1 by Ivan Meler and after that the boot image with magisk mentioned there in post 3. I earased only cache and dalvik, then reboot.

Everything works well, no personal data loss, no problems with root. The ROM is very smooth and complete.

Thank you again, Ivan, great work!

Android-Joker

Oct 1, 2014
I noticed another issue (or maybe it's a feature?): I loose my wifi connection when my phone goes into standby. When unlock my phone it connects again. Since I am using Youtube for background playing (while screen is of), it just stops working (when I disable mobile data) or switches to mobile data.
I already changed to 2.4 GHz in my router settings. That helped a bit but the wifi still disconnects after a while. It's just a bit later.
Does anyone has idea of how I can use wifi always on?

flunkyball

May 20, 2019
All right. Maybe I over reacted, sorry if I offended you or anything. Was just trying to point out it's hard to asses whether your provided solution works since I would have to pay to see it for myself.
To me it felt more like you were trying to provide a fully working solution by putting it behind a membership. Doesn't matter anyway. Maybe someone can provide the lib without forcefully hiding it behind a paywall.

No worries ! (y)
Just wanted to come back to this because thanks to @jelbo who found out that the necessary lib is now made available publicly by the dev:
everyone can use it without paying for it.

Jan 21, 2021
Hi Guys, i succesfully instaled LineageOS 17.1,while the last stepsof finishing installation, setting up wifi connection, my phone shut down because my battery had 3perecnt remaining and i accidentally unpluged it. After shutting down i put it immediately back to the charger. It doesnt respond to anything, it is stuck on the charging image even after unplugging the charger, my idea is to let the battery drain and than to try to boot into recovery. Any suggestion, help is highly appriciated.
Thanks in advance

snuflk

Jan 24, 2021
Hi Guys, i succesfully instaled LineageOS 17.1,while the last stepsof finishing installation, setting up wifi connection, my phone shut down because my battery had 3perecnt remaining and i accidentally unpluged it. After shutting down i put it immediately back to the charger. It doesnt respond to anything, it is stuck on the charging image even after unplugging the charger, my idea is to let the battery drain and than to try to boot into recovery. Any suggestion, help is highly appriciated.
Thanks in advance

Not sure if you fixed it already but if no then:

Hold Volume Down and Power button till your screen goes black when it happens hold Bixby + Volume Up + Power and it should get you to TWRP. Literally happened to me this morning after my battery drained 80% over night (wtf) and it worked.

RustyBlad3s

May 8, 2016
hi Ivan
first of all. Thank you for your amazing work!
now to my question, i flashed ur OS, it works and looks great but one thing that keeps me a little scared is the "Selinux disabled". do i need selinux or is my device safe?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake
    - Wireless PowerShare

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Make sure you are on Q stock firmware (All of the Q firmwares are tested and confirmed to be working, This should be the case with new fws too as long as Samsung doesnt significantly change bootloader trustzone bits)
    Download Q twrp from this thread
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:
    Google drive
    Mega.nz
    (Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte)
    sha256 checksums

Code:
    93ca94478bd8fa8e95fd513d8aae82b8e3aa0d21484e31ba2098c1e5e6693990  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    afb505986373bbeb10ade91f67765d800f504a933c6b94d88c4013382ab32270  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    06a334e091bdaac91f6c64559b5c9746559178facc7364b5676c39ddaa826a18  lineage-17.1-20210112-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip

4668a9cc55f6135403120370e668548a  beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img
    4954c5f2cbedbc2bbd90362745d93a1d  beyond1lte-boot-magisk.img
    84ec49e64560477e1df87417dbc4890e  beyond0lte-boot-magisk.img

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group

Gapps
    READ BEFORE INSTALLING MAGISK

I do this in my free time so bear that in mind when you notice I didn't fix known bug in next available build, Currently i work on this alone and i am not one of those kangers that just copy source and claim it as their own work,
    if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Based On Android Q
    Changelog

- Merged january security update
    - Updated magisk boot image to magisk 21.2
    - Misc performance and security updates

-Merged december security update
    - Merged december vendor security update
    - Updated magisk images to 21.1
    - Synced with los source

- Updated vendor to XXU9DTJA
    - Switched to more calibrated sensor for Adaptive Brightness
    - Merged November 2020. Security update
    - Synced with LOS source

- Updated vendor to FXXS9DTI8
    - Fixed camera and bt issues present in previous build
    - Merged october 2020 security update
    - Synced with LOS source
    - Updates magisk images to latest canary build (turns out it was more stable than beta version)

- Merged OneUI 2.5 Kernel and vendor (DTH7)
    - Enabled 5GHz tethering
    - Updated Magisk images
    - Merged September 2020 Security update
    - Tuned little core optimizations
    - Enabled vibrator intensity control (under accesibility)
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Imported G97*FXXU8CTG4 vendor changes
    - Merged August 2020 system and vendor security updates
    - Improved system security and stability
    - Synced with LOS source (Check out new extended volume panel)

- Imported G97*FXXS7CTF3 vendor changes
    - Merged July 2020 security update for both system and vendor

- Merged G97*FXXU7CTF1 kernel source
    - Imported G97*FXXU7CTF1 vendor changes
    - Removed proximity from always on display (again)
    - Updated magisk images to G97*FXXU7CTF1
    - Camera and wifi stability and performance improvements
    - HWC stability and performance improvements
    - Fixed issue where USB tethering under linux would cause kernel panic
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged June 2020 System security patch
    - Merged June 2020 Vendor security patch (G97*FXXU3ASJD)
    - Improved completely back theme
    - Misc performance improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed DT2W on AOD
    - Added completely black theme (You can access it thru styles settings entry)
    - Removed blinking proximity sensor from AOD
    - Added usb trust hal that can prevent usb devices from being used if plugged in while device is locked
    - Exposed mdnie screen tuning modes
    - Moved pin entry area above fingerprint on s10 and s10+ so they dont overlap with sensor
    - Cleaned up DT2W implementation
    - Added high touch sensitivity mode (Glove mode) (This can also help when using screen protectors)
    - Implemented mDNIe powered color calibration (Settings>Display>LiveDisplay)
    - Implemented color profiles so you can use natural colors if you wish to do so (Settings>Display>LiveDisplay)
    - Next update should add even more color modes powered by mDNIe like negative and greyscale
    - Updated magisk kernel images
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed boot on latest CTD1 firmware
    - added ctd1 dtbo
    - exposed all camera instances to external apps
    - started working on HRM sensor
    - merged CTD1 kernel source
    - updated magisk images
    - misc performance and stability improvements

- Merged G97*FXXS5CTD1 blobs with may 2020 security update
    - Merged may 2020 system security update
    - Fixed usb tethering issues

- Fixed significant motion sensor detection
    - merged April system security update
    - Added vbmeta into the zip
    - Removed unused radio(ril) interfaces
    - Merged Note and s10 5g kernels into same tree for easier maintanance
    - Switched to source built dtbo
    - Updated magisk kernel images

- April vendor security update (System is still march as april tags havent been released on aosp yet)
    - Rebased kernel on top of G97*FXXU4CTC9
    - Added dt and dtbo images to rom
    - merged G97*FXXU4CTC9 vendor binaries
    - Removed simstat service as samsung fixed dual sim device detection
    - Updated boot images to Magisk 20.4

- Merged march system security update
    - Merged latest feature drop
    - Synced with los source
    - merged G97*FXXS4BTB3 vendor binaries

- Fixed camera cutout on S10
    - Enabled proximity sensor in all apps with proper permissions
    - Rewrote sensor impl
    - Removed unused parts of lights hal
    - Added vendor to the build (This is why rom is larger now)
    - Cleaned up lights overlays and power hal handling
    (This means vendor partition also gets built from source and can be more customized per aosp needs
    instead of relaying on bind mounting over existing drivers)

- Fixed BT calls on some devices that had issues with WBS
    - Fixed issue where on clean install or after factory reset there were no default notification sounds and ringtones set
    - Synced with LOS source

- Merged 4BTA8 kernel source
    - Merged February security update
    - Fixed MTP/USB tethering while ADB is enabled
    - Synced with LOS source

- Rebased kernel on top of samsungs G975FXXU3BSKO source
    - Fixed kernel not properly reporting deep sleep state to userspace
    - Reimplemented sensor reporting to allow access to proximity sensor to more apps
    - Updated build fingerprint to Q one
    - Updated TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM flag to reflect samsungs changes to same
    - Removed releasetools which was failing on new-ish twrp releases anyway
    - Removed P vndk libs
    - Fixed power hal race condition
    - Fixed manual network selection
    - Performance and stability improvements

- Added FOD icons for S10 and S10+
    (This will show up any time system or app needs to use fp sensor and will help users locate the sensor)
    - Fixed detection of dual sim devices

- Initial public release

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 17.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S10

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_beyondlte/tree/lineage-17.1

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Any stock Q firmware, Latest is recommended

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.7.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-09

Created 2019-11-20
    Last Updated 2020-11-09
    Reserved

Magisk boot images are provided within each device folder named beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img you can flash them on boot slot and install magisk manager, No need to worry about rebooting to recovery or not having TWRP and magisk at the same time, Just make sure you dont try to boot to system with magisk patched TWRP as that might cause issues but as long as you have stock twrp and have flashed beyond*lte-boot-magisk.img image to boot slot you are fine, Source for given kernel is available at GitHub if you want to compile kernel yourself just run source build.sh devicename e.g. source build.sh beyond2lte, It will produce new boot image in build/ folder, To update magisk you can follow instructions given at this commit enjoy

Do note that you will have to reflash magisk boot image when updating rom
    New build is up sorry for delays on this one but there was weird bug caused by samsungs power hal which took way longer than it should to be fixed, Magisk is independent of recovery as promised you can read more info about it in 3rd post on main page, There are a lot of other smaller improvements all around, Rest of the source for developers to compile other roms will be up soon (Just doing some final cleanup of proprietary bits and pieces)

Also big thanks to anyone who supported this project by covering build server cost and stuff and I'm really sorry for delays with this build but things should be pretty straightforward from this point
    Reserved

Reserved
    New update is almost ready for release from extensive testing i only noticed 1 small issue that needs to be fixed before release(that being sec power hal)

And more great news is that you won't need any custom recovery for magisk root anymore as it will reside within boot images for those that want to use it, that also means there won't be need to reboot to recovery/hold key combo to boot rooted with magisk