[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 - OnePlus X

Search This thread

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
Thanks for the instruction.

However, after following the instructions above (by clean flashing), my device only boots to TWRP. My TWRP version is 3.3.1 by YumeMichi.

I have the seamen problem. The problem happened after installing de TWRP 3.3.1 in Boot. How can we solve the problem?

I have wiped cache, data, Dalvik, system. After that I have installed the latest Lineage 17.1 again, then a system restart. That worked fine for me. After that I installed OpenGaps with no problems and no restarts in TWRP anymore.

Last edited:

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
I have the seamen problem. The problem happened after installing de TWRP 3.3.1 in Boot. How can we solve the problem?

I have wiped cache, data, Dalvik, system. After that I have installed the latest Lineage 17.1 again, then a system restart. That worked fine for me. After that I installed OpenGaps with no problems and no restarts in TWRP anymore.

So, we have already a fancy name for that ... "seamen problem" :).

If i got it right, you're installing twrp into boot-partition, reboot and wonder why you're system won't start but just enters twrp?
Then, after clean reflashing the ROM, you're able to boot into LOS again and now you're wondering why?
Because the reflashing restored the boot-partition you've overwritten with twrp, i'd guess ;).

twrp has to be flashed to recovery-partition, not to boot-partition.

Ciao
Kurt

Reactions: phillip1711

Jboer

Feb 10, 2018
So, we have already a fancy name for that ... "seamen problem" :).

If i got it right, you're installing twrp into boot-partition, reboot and wonder why you're system won't start but just enters twrp?
Then, after clean reflashing the ROM, you're able to boot into LOS again and now you're wondering why?
Because the reflashing restored the boot-partition you've overwritten with twrp, i'd guess ;).

twrp has to be flashed to recovery-partition, not to boot-partition.

Ciao
Kurt

Thank you Kurt. I was not sure if that was the problem. I know it now. Luckily everything works now.

SebiderSushi

Dec 4, 2016
UnifiedNlp location provider patch has no effect

Hi @YumeMichi.
I've noticed that you are supposedly patching in support for microG Core and UnifiedNlp as location providers.
However, applying these patches to framework/base is ineffective with LineageOS sources, as that resource is being overrinden in vendor/lineage/overlay.
I guess no one's actually affected by this but i thought i'd mention this seeing that the patches are still there on the lineage-17.1 branch in your github repo so it looks like they are at least supposed to work.

Have a nice Day :)

LoneWolfN8

May 19, 2018
Hello everyone, my OnePlus X screen froze and it turned off after its battery got depleted. Unfortunately its power button is broken. However, I tried to boot into TWRP by using the Volume up/down buttons but that did not work as well (don't know why).
As my phone's USB Debugging option is turned on, I tried connecting the phone to the pc but the "adb devices" command does not show my device (it returns a blank list of connected devices).
Any ideas/methods on how I can switch on my phone? Thanks in advance!!

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hello everyone, my OnePlus X screen froze and it turned off after its battery got depleted. Unfortunately its power button is broken. However, I tried to boot into TWRP by using the Volume up/down buttons but that did not work as well (don't know why).
As my phone's USB Debugging option is turned on, I tried connecting the phone to the pc but the "adb devices" command does not show my device (it returns a blank list of connected devices).
Any ideas/methods on how I can switch on my phone? Thanks in advance!!

Reinstall USB drivers, try a different USB cable / USB port?

You can also boot into bootloader and choose recovery from there I believe.

Good luck!

LoneWolfN8

May 19, 2018
Reinstall USB drivers, try a different USB cable / USB port?

You can also boot into bootloader and choose recovery from there I believe.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I have tried different USB ports and tried connecting my phone to a different PC as well, but the device folders don't show up after I connect it to a PC (I think the PC does not treat it as a portable storage device because its switched off and the phone might have been set to "Charge only" mode by default).
The "adb devices" command is not recognizing the phone even though the USB debugging is turned on (I tick marked the option when the phone was working), any thoughts on how to reboot my phone using "adb" commands? Do these commands work if the device is switched off? Thank you!!

UPDATE: The PC recognizes the phone as Model: Android and as a MTP USB Portable under the category "Unspecified" (I found it under Windows Control Panel -> Devices & Printers), but I cannot access the file/storage system of the phone as it does not show up in the windows explorer. I can also access the read-only properties of the phone, if that helps somehow.

Last edited:

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
Thanks for the advice. I have tried different USB ports and tried connecting my phone to a different PC as well, but the device folders don't show up after I connect it to a PC (I think the PC does not treat it as a portable storage device because its switched off and the phone might have been set to "Charge only" mode by default).
The "adb devices" command is not recognizing the phone even though the USB debugging is turned on (I tick marked the option when the phone was working), any thoughts on how to reboot my phone using "adb" commands? Do these commands work if the device is switched off? Thank you!!

UPDATE: The PC recognizes the phone as Model: Android and as a MTP USB Portable under the category "Unspecified" (I found it under Windows Control Panel -> Devices & Printers), but I cannot access the file/storage system of the phone as it does not show up in the windows explorer. I can also access the read-only properties of the phone, if that helps somehow.

First question, in what state is your phone, LOS booted or TWRP booted? If both is not the case, there is nothing adb can connect to. Or is it in FASTBOOT-mode? Then you can try to reboot it with "fastboot reboot" and push volume-down to get it into recovery.

If both is not the case, you should search for "unbrick onyx" :(.

Regards
Kurt

LoneWolfN8

May 19, 2018
First question, in what state is your phone, LOS booted or TWRP booted? If both is not the case, there is nothing adb can connect to. Or is it in FASTBOOT-mode? Then you can try to reboot it with "fastboot reboot" and push volume-down to get it into recovery.

If both is not the case, you should search for "unbrick onyx" :(.

Regards
Kurt

My phone was LOS booted (and was running some applications) when it froze. It then switched off after its battery got depleted. It seems my power and volume buttons are broken and I am unable to turn on my device using any of these hardware buttons. As the USB debugging feature is enabled on my phone, I was wondering if I could power on the device by connecting it to a PC and running some "adb" commands.
When I charge my phone it shows the 1+ splash screen and the charging battery animation so the device is working fine, its just that I am unable to switch on the device due to the broken hardware buttons.

Aug 14, 2016
Dhaka
Want the Rom Review

Hello guys,
I'm currently on AOSP Extended Pie Stable rom. It's bug free and awesomely smooth. It is my primary device and daily driver. But still i wanted to try out Android 10. As Yumemichi's rom is the most frequently updated and well maintained i'm hoping it will be wise to flash this. From previous comments i'm not getting a clear view of the rom. Actually I wanted to know, How is the overall performance, battery life, and any heating/lagging/forced close issues compare with Pie roms. if possible please mention the best build of this rom.
Thank you.

pumikachu

Feb 6, 2020
Me and my gf are using our one plus x since least week with this rom as a Daily driver and so far we are quite satisfied and without any major issues so far. Battery loss in flightmode over night is about 0.5% per hour.

It is not possible for the camera app to save to sd card btw and some guys are experiencing issues with lte as far as I know.

hammad siddiqui

Aug 29, 2017
Hello guys,
I'm currently on AOSP Extended Pie Stable rom. It's bug free and awesomely smooth. It is my primary device and daily driver. But still i wanted to try out Android 10. As Yumemichi's rom is the most frequently updated and well maintained i'm hoping it will be wise to flash this. From previous comments i'm not getting a clear view of the rom. Actually I wanted to know, How is the overall performance, battery life, and any heating/lagging/forced close issues compare with Pie roms. if possible please mention the best build of this rom.
Thank you.

Apart from a few some random freezes and random restarts everything else is fine.
It surely is a little slower than the last Yumi (pie) built. i am enjoying the fast share menu and that was my primary reason for updating to Q.

fotjon

Jan 20, 2013
The phone goes off without warning or anything. The battery is not even close to 0. It will not boot up (power button has no effect). I put it on charge and wait for at least one hour or so. Eventually, It will come back. Just now it happened again. The phone is hot while charging but it still can't be turned on. I'm waiting to see what happens. I'm thinking it is not related to the rom, maybe the battery reaching its limit? I mean, it is 4.5 year old.

Do you think I should prepare for a disaster soon?

Update: Solved by holding the power and volume button for more then 12 sec. Other say to hold the power button for 20+ sec.

Last edited:

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My phone was LOS booted (and was running some applications) when it froze. It then switched off after its battery got depleted. It seems my power and volume buttons are broken and I am unable to turn on my device using any of these hardware buttons. As the USB debugging feature is enabled on my phone, I was wondering if I could power on the device by connecting it to a PC and running some "adb" commands.
When I charge my phone it shows the 1+ splash screen and the charging battery animation so the device is working fine, its just that I am unable to switch on the device due to the broken hardware buttons.

I really doubt that.

Should have plugged it in when it froze if you knew your buttons are broken lol, at least then you might have been able to run some ADB commands to reboot it.

Hope its not your daily driver.

LoneWolfN8

May 19, 2018
I really doubt that.

Should have plugged it in when it froze if you knew your buttons are broken lol, at least then you might have been able to run some ADB commands to reboot it.

Hope its not your daily driver.

The volume buttons were intact and working when my phone's screen froze. But then my brother fidgeted the volume buttons and broke them, of which I wasn't aware of. Sadly, its my daily driver :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

SOURCE CODE:
    Device: https://github.com/YumeMichi/device_oneplus_onyx
    Kernel: https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_oneplus_onyx
    Vendor: https://github.com/YumeMichi/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

DOWNLOAD:
    ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pz1DFaGeFxqdyENWaHwgejBCP5_qw8_M
    GApps: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/beta/

SPECIAL NOTES:
    1. We are using closed OSS camera HAL now. Sultan camera HAL is broken on Q and I don't have much time to fix it.
    2. CPU Input Boost and Simple Thermal Monitor are gone. Welcome back to CAF CPU Boost driver and Thermal Monitor.

If you like my job, please click on the picture below to buy me a cup of coffee.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus X, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    YumeMichi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2020-01-18
    Reserved

Changelog
    +20200516
    Update to May SPL
    Upstream LineageOS changes
    Fix camera issue
    Kernel updates

+20200118
    Uprev to LineageOS 17.1
    Switch to Sultan camera HAL
    Switch to userspace LMK (LMKD)
    Address SELinux denials, SELinux is now enforcing
    New build is up. (Clean flash is REQUIRED!!!)

Changelog:
    1. Update to Feb SPL
    2. Fix sensor issue
    3. Address SELinux denials
    4. Fix offline charging
    5. Add 4K and QHD recording
    6. Kernel updates (CVE, battery backup, performance, etc)
    7. Sign with release keys (Clean flash is required.)
    New build is up~
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone