[ROM] LineageOS 17.1 - OnePlus X

Search This thread

psychem

Oct 18, 2011
nice to see los 17!
im having 2 issues
1. ext4 formatted sd card is not recognised
2. when i try to reboot twrp after clean flashing los 16 after clean flashing los 17, i get the error NO OS INSTALLED!

hlapatsas

Apr 16, 2014
First impressions

Hi and thanks for this Rom!

First impressions as I am using it as my daily driver:

-Better battery life than my previous Pie rom
-Camera slows down
-Youtube slowing down\freezing when on 720p and bluetooth is on and connected simultaneously with wifi.
Sometimes I have to reboot the device for the Mobile data (3G/LTE) to work after been conbected to wifi.

Reactions: rizkal

vinz_uk80

Jan 7, 2015
Lille
You try when aod on?

I don't have option to enable AOD.
Where do you find this? In display parameters?

-Camera slows down
-Youtube slowing down\freezing when on 720p and bluetooth is on and connected simultaneously with wifi.
Sometimes I have to reboot the device for the Mobile data (3G/LTE) to work after been conbected to wifi.

Indeed, I had the same behaviour when streaming music on my BT amplifier while surfing in wifi.
The sound became very choppy and the phone very slow.
A reboot solved this.

As well this morning, the phone soft rebooted while trying to connect it to Android Auto in my car.

But for a first release, this is really promissing for the future :)

D

Deleted member 10102005

Can anyone tell me status of sensors in this ROM?
Sensors are all working as far as I can tell.

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

-Camera slows down
About the mobile data issue: Are you using af wall? Because I had the same bug untill I uninstalled af wall.
And about YouTube, I have the same, apparently YouTube toggles 60fps in the background, which leads to a short reload. It seems like 60fps does not run smooth (as you said) that's why the app toggles it off automatically. At least that's what I observed.

hlapatsas

Apr 16, 2014
Sensors are all working as far as I can tell.

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

About the mobile data issue: Are you using af wall? Because I had the same bug untill I uninstalled af wall.
And about YouTube, I have the same, apparently YouTube toggles 60fps in the background, which leads to a short reload. It seems like 60fps does not run smooth (as you said) that's why the app toggles it off automatically. At least that's what I observed.

1. No, no af wall
2. It's not reloading, it's breaking even on 30fps.

nannoe

Nov 28, 2018
Congrats on this ROM. Really awesome of you spent the time to develop this!

A couple of questions:
1) device encryption in Android 10 was a headache for recoveries like twrp: is twrp now able to decrypt?
2) to add to that: is device encryption possible?
3) is SE Linux enforced?
4) will SafetyNet be triggered?
5) what bugs are known and can you add it to the opening post?
6) Will your Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 build be maintained until all bugs have been smashed? If no, until what moment will you maintain LOS16 as the latest version is 28 Aug 2019?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10102005

Congrats on this ROM. Really awesome of you spent the time to develop this!

A couple of questions:
1) device encryption in Android 10 was a headache for recoveries like twrp: is twrp now able to decrypt?
2) to add to that: is device encryption possible?
3) is SE Linux enforced?
4) will SafetyNet be triggered?
5) what bugs are known and can you add it to the opening post?
6) Will your Unofficial LineageOS 16.0 build be maintained until all bugs have been smashed? If no, until what moment will you maintain LOS16 as the latest version is 28 Aug 2019?
I can answer the question about safety net and selinux: Selinux is disabled in this version, therefore there is also no chance to pass safety net at the moment. And to answer your no. 5: I am using the rom since release as my daily driver and there are not many bugs overall. I had problems with mobile data not working temporarily, but that seems to be gone now. Other than that there are just some lineageos features missing/not working, but that's due to the fact that lineageos 17 isn't even official released yet.

Reactions: nannoe

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
When installing the Viper fx module from magisk, the ROM breaks, the system does not boot.

You're best off reporting that to the ViperFX devs or just waiting until a later date and trying again.

I'd say reporting that here is the wrong place since this ROM is barely Alpha imo.

Sent from my OnePlus using Thebear Blue XDA Labs

Reactions: ze7zez
I use this ROM as a daily driver and the only issue I encountered so far is that I can't make in app purchases even tho I pass the safetynet checks and I'm not uncertified in playstore.

e9yWqhS.png

fXri6ZV.png

epYLsxH.png

Techsports

Mar 17, 2016
Issues in the Initial Release

I have encountered two issues till now
1- After rebooting the phone ..the phone does not unlock even if you put your pattern properly ...it gets solved after a minute or so

2- Sometimes while using the phone the notification panel gets too laggy .. it'll be literally unusable ....only the notification panel lags and not the whole phone it self
And yes this doesn't have Lineage customization ..it's just the initial release ..need to wait for it to improve
Has anyone found a way to fix Safety net issue permanently? IAM using FK manager to run this script "setenforce 1" to get it to enforcing

Reactions: rizkal

dev_chris

Nov 12, 2019
Camera SD Card Issue

Hey guys.
First of all: thanks for your great work, @YumeMichi !

One issue i encountered is that the camera app is unable to save taken images to external SD card.
It does not matter which one of the three camera apps i try, none of them is able to store the shots on external SD card. Saving images to internal storage is no problem at all.
The three camera apps I tried:
  • OpenCamera
  • com.oneplus.camera
  • org.lineageos.snap

Do you have any tips, how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

SOURCE CODE:
    Device: https://github.com/YumeMichi/device_oneplus_onyx
    Kernel: https://github.com/YumeMichi/kernel_oneplus_onyx
    Vendor: https://github.com/YumeMichi/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

DOWNLOAD:
    ROM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pz1DFaGeFxqdyENWaHwgejBCP5_qw8_M
    GApps: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm/beta/

SPECIAL NOTES:
    1. We are using closed OSS camera HAL now. Sultan camera HAL is broken on Q and I don't have much time to fix it.
    2. CPU Input Boost and Simple Thermal Monitor are gone. Welcome back to CAF CPU Boost driver and Thermal Monitor.

If you like my job, please click on the picture below to buy me a cup of coffee.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus X, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    YumeMichi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2020-01-18
    Reserved

Changelog
    +20200516
    Update to May SPL
    Upstream LineageOS changes
    Fix camera issue
    Kernel updates

+20200118
    Uprev to LineageOS 17.1
    Switch to Sultan camera HAL
    Switch to userspace LMK (LMKD)
    Address SELinux denials, SELinux is now enforcing
    New build is up. (Clean flash is REQUIRED!!!)

Changelog:
    1. Update to Feb SPL
    2. Fix sensor issue
    3. Address SELinux denials
    4. Fix offline charging
    5. Add 4K and QHD recording
    6. Kernel updates (CVE, battery backup, performance, etc)
    7. Sign with release keys (Clean flash is required.)
    New build is up~