• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[ROM][LineageOS][17.1][UNOFFICIAL][Nexus10] -> 2020-11-07

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Lineage-17.1 - September 2020

lineage-17.1-20200912-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> September 2020
- Overlay: Disabled Automatic Brightness on clean install -> due to sensor service problems.
- Patched framework/base to support microG
- Patched framework/base to fix freeform window moving/resizing
- Patched framework/av to bring back "wifi-display" in android 10. (still not working correctly)
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

Pls check first page for known issues.

If Safety.net check does not work just disable and re-enable "Magisk Hide" in Magisk settings menu.

For the "System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70" topic pls have a look on the first page.

Enjoy :p

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Lineage-16.0 - September 2020 - The final build !

This is my last lineage-16.0 ROM !
My last builds will be uploaded to androidfilehost.com ..

lineage-16.0-20200805-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> September 2020
- Latest LineageOS changes

Sources:
https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineage-16.0
Pls feel free to make your own lineage-16.0 builds .. you may publish them for other users too.

Pls check first page for known issues.

If Safety.net check does not work just disable and re-enable "Magisk Hide" in Magisk settings menu.

For the "System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70" topic pls have a look on the first page.

Enjoy :p

chairmanmiaow

Aug 27, 2018
On the last couple of 16 builds the new Firefox 79+ (aka "Daylight") 100% reliably triggers a reboot. Problem still present on a clean flash of the latest 17.1 build. Known issue?
Searching the thread I see one other user with the same issue but it doesn't seem universal as other posters seem to report Firefox as at least functional on 17.1.
Happy to provide further info or logs.

Thanks for keeping this ROM going followmsi :good:

ipdev

Feb 14, 2016
hello, i have problems with screen orientation. I leave it blocked in vertical and when I turn off the screen and unblock it returns to horizontal and put it back in vertical is little annoying.
Hi.

It has to due with the screen orientation.
Nexus 10 is by default landscape.

I could not remember/find what I was looking for. :(

Tested an older setting and it still seemed to work for me.
lockscreen.rot_override true

I set it using MagiskHide Props Config.
MHPC xda thread - Link
Option 5 (Add/edit custom props)
Option n (New custom prop)
lockscreen.rot_override
true

Then reboot to activate the prop setting.

Might not be the correct way but, it is a work-a-round.
The lock screen will be in the same orientation as the screen when it was locked/screen off.

Cheers. :cowboy:
EDIT:
@Narcoticx
Forgot to mention.
With that prop active, you may run into an issue (navbar/touch) when the device is rebooted while in portrait mode.
If so, just switch to landscape and then back to portrait mode.

Last edited:

Narcoticx

Jun 20, 2018
Málaga
Hi.

It has to due with the screen orientation.
Nexus 10 is by default landscape.

I could not remember/find what I was looking for. :(

Tested an older setting and it still seemed to work for me.
lockscreen.rot_override true

I set it using MagiskHide Props Config.
MHPC xda thread - Link
Option 5 (Add/edit custom props)
Option n (New custom prop)
lockscreen.rot_override
true

Then reboot to activate the prop setting.

Might not be the correct way but, it is a work-a-round.
The lock screen will be in the same orientation as the screen when it was locked/screen off.

EDIT:
@Narcoticx
Forgot to mention.
With that prop active, you may run into an issue (navbar/touch) when the device is rebooted while in portrait mode.
If so, just switch to landscape and then back to portrait mode.
Perfect I have followed your steps and the screen is already blocked vertically even if it is turned off and on again. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
On the last couple of 16 builds the new Firefox 79+ (aka "Daylight") 100% reliably triggers a reboot. Problem still present on a clean flash of the latest 17.1 build. Known issue?
Searching the thread I see one other user with the same issue but it doesn't seem universal as other posters seem to report Firefox as at least functional on 17.1.
Happy to provide further info or logs.

Thanks for keeping this ROM going followmsi :good:
This is a (3.4) kernel issue .. https://github.com/followmsi/androi...mmit/edb03295d461b1cbde00e7e51c61af273044a001

Patched both kernels now - Android 10 and Pie.

manta-kernel-10-20200914.zip

manta-kernel-pie-20200922.zip

The kernel patch will be part of next Lineage-17.1 build .. for lineage-16.0 you will need to apply manually.
Pls install kernel .zip using TWRP 3.4 and re-install Magisk (20.4) after kernel installation.

Cheers

chairmanmiaow

Aug 27, 2018
This is a (3.4) kernel issue .. https://github.com/followmsi/androi...mmit/edb03295d461b1cbde00e7e51c61af273044a001

The kernel patch will be part of next Lineage-17.1 build .. for lineage-16.0 you will need to apply manually.
Pls install kernel .zip using TWRP 3.4 and re-install Magisk (20.4) after kernel installation.
I was expecting that to be a Firefox issue rather than an old kernel bug - many thanks for the fix chief.

Flashing manta-kernel-10-20200914.zip followed by reflashing trwp resolved the issue immediately on your latest 17.1 build.

muerte33

Jun 7, 2014
I ended up installing the "Brave" browser to get around this, I thought it was just me!

I was expecting that to be a Firefox issue rather than an old kernel bug - many thanks for the fix chief.

Flashing manta-kernel-10-20200914.zip followed by reflashing trwp resolved the issue immediately on your latest 17.1 build.

GhostMachine7

Sep 26, 2020
17.1 install fails

I've tried to install the 17.1 image a few times on my manta but with no success.

Here's the recovery.log portion that seems relevant. Any suggestions? I installed 17.1 on my Galaxy S7 and it's working fine so I thought I'd give this one a go too but no joy. I've installed TWRP 3.4.0-0-manta and it seems to be functioning normally.
===
Patching system image unconditionally...blockimg version is 4
maximum stash entries 0
using existing stash /cache/recovery/4dd6bf24fbba9cc76c352f5c4cfaed0074be0244
/cache/recovery/last_command doesn't exist.
erasing 5987 blocks
BLKDISCARD ioctl failed: Invalid argument
failed to execute command [erase 4,223330,228864,229947,230400]
new data receiver is still available after executing all commands.
script aborted: E1001: Failed to update system image.
E1001: Failed to update system image.error: 1001
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
I:Install took 1 second(s).

ipdev

Feb 14, 2016
I've tried to install the 17.1 image a few times on my manta but with no success.

Here's the recovery.log portion that seems relevant. Any suggestions? I installed 17.1 on my Galaxy S7 and it's working fine so I thought I'd give this one a go too but no joy. I've installed TWRP 3.4.0-0-manta and it seems to be functioning normally.
===
Patching system image unconditionally...blockimg version is 4
maximum stash entries 0
using existing stash /cache/recovery/4dd6bf24fbba9cc76c352f5c4cfaed0074be0244
/cache/recovery/last_command doesn't exist.
erasing 5987 blocks
BLKDISCARD ioctl failed: Invalid argument
failed to execute command [erase 4,223330,228864,229947,230400]
new data receiver is still available after executing all commands.
script aborted: E1001: Failed to update system image.
E1001: Failed to update system image.error: 1001
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
I:Install took 1 second(s).
You are running out of space in the system partition when installing the rom (system image).
You need to (re)partition the device for Lineage 17.
Lineage 16 will fit the stock partition size, with about 34M free.
Lineage 17 will not fit in the stock partition size.

See the OP about partitioning.
Lineage 17 and basic gapps requires a 1.1G system partition.

GhostMachine7

Sep 26, 2020
Thanks!

That worked. But I've a couple of questions that are probably simple to answer.
What version of OpenGapps do I use? Platform / Version / Variant (I'm assuming the Version is 10 but not sure of the other two. With partition resize are different variants now available?)
Do I have to flash OpenGapps before rebooting after installing LOS or does in not make a difference?
Thanks again. I just rebooted into LOS 17.1 but haven't tried anything yet.

You are running out of space in the system partition when installing the rom (system image).
You need to (re)partition the device for Lineage 17.
Lineage 16 will fit the stock partition size, with about 34M free.
Lineage 17 will not fit in the stock partition size.

See the OP about partitioning.
Lineage 17 and basic gapps requires a 1.1G system partition.

GhostMachine7

Sep 26, 2020
Success!

I installed open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20200927.zip and it seems to be working.

I initially tried the 64 bit package but that didn't work and the 'adb sideload' process failed, informing me that the architecture was 'arm' and not 'arm64'. So I tried the arm nano package and that wouldn't fit but the pico package does. I wasn't sure when you said it was an arm device if you meant that as a statement of 'arm*' vs 'x86*' or as 'arm' vs. 'arm64' but in the end the installer checks saved me and told me what it was so all is good.

I did all of this after having installed the OS and a few various packages from F-Droid, so that means it doesn't have to be done when loading the OS (though I think that was a requirement in the past but I'm not sure).

This should be good. I use the tablet for basic things like some streaming services (tubi, Deezer) and LAN media so it's great to be able to keep it in service. The demands for this kind of usage aren't great and they don't really change much over the years so why scrap older hardware if it still does the job?

Manta is only an arm device.
arm (arm v7a) is 32 bit.
arm64 (arm v8a) is 64 bit.

Gapps version needs to be compatible with the android version you are running.
Lineage 17 is Android 10 so you need to use an Android 10 gapps package.
Lineage 16 is Android 9 so you need to use an Android 9 gapps package.

Using OpenGApps and Lineage 17 you need to flash open_gapps-arm-10.0-PACKAGE-DATE-OFFICIAL.zip

OpenGApps pico and nano packages are normally safe.
Mini and above will replace the launcher and maybe change something else.
I have not been following OpenGApps to close lately, not sure what has all changed.
Not sure what the largest package you can install, that would depend on the (re)partitioning you did.
You can use a config file to adjust OpenGApps to customize it to your needs.

BlastFX

Jan 25, 2009

Cheers
Sorry if this is a n00b question, but I'm having issues installing the kernel.
It errors out with
Code:
Unable to mount /system_root as rw!
As far as I can tell, there is no /system_root to be remounted as rw (df doesn't list it and neither does ls).
What do I do?

P.S.: I'm running your 20200608 build of Pie.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Sorry if this is a n00b question, but I'm having issues installing the kernel.
It errors out with
Code:
Unable to mount /system_root as rw!
As far as I can tell, there is no /system_root to be remounted as rw (df doesn't list it and neither does ls).
What do I do?

P.S.: I'm running your 20200608 build of Pie.
I can confirm this problem too

"Unable to mount /system_root as rw!"

Also running Pie, latest sept version.
TWRP 3.4 on Android 10 did have changes for system_root.
It seems I have used same change for the Pie version as well.

Just have uploaded new version of the same file - pls download kernel again and test again.

Cheers

BlastFX

Jan 25, 2009
TWRP 3.4 on Android 10 did have changes for system_root.
It seems I have used same change for the Pie version as well.

Just have uploaded new version of the same file - pls download kernel again and test again.

Cheers
Thanks, that works perfectly!

So it was just /system instead of /system_root? I considered trying that, but I'm too much of a wuss. :D