• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][LineageOS][17.1][UNOFFICIAL][Nexus10] -> 2021-11-06

Search This thread

csteinert

Aug 1, 2021
@BlackVoltage:
Maybe one more thought: Did you try to unmount everything in TWRP before then doing the ADB push and flashing the REPIT Zip file? I don't know if the repartitioning can work if TWRP has mounted some of the partitions.

And I directly before flashing the REPIT Zip please try to format again the system+data+cache partitions.
I understand that you have formatted repeatedly before. But if you have maybe flashed data from another ROM on the system partition in the mean time, then I don't know if the repartitioning will work.

In my case these partitions were freshly formatted and unmounted before I tried the repartitioning.

If this is not helpful then I really don't know and then I can only hope that somebody else here in the thread can share how they did the flashing without a USB stick.

BlackVoltage

Aug 3, 2020
Ok then - I tried that as well. let's hope someone else has an idea or knows what to do. Thanks for your ideas. My last idea is to install 13 again and try to find something about encryption there?!

Meanwhile I have to charge the battery lots of hours I guess. Probably it flickered coz of empty battery.

csteinert

Aug 1, 2021
I also thought that the flickering probably had to do with low power.

About the encryption:
It seems that you can see this in the Android settings.

-> Open the Android Settings
-> go to Security & Location (may also be only called "Security")
-> go to Encryption & Credentials

Within the Encryption & Credentials menu you should see an entry where it tells you whether the device is encrypted.

The exact structure of the menus may differ a bit on various Android versions.The above description is what I found for Android 8.
I am not sure where exactly the Encryption & Credentials menu is on Lineag 13 / Android 6

I hope this helps
Christian

EDIT: Within the Encryption & Credentials menu, the exact entry is called "Encryption and Credentials" or soemthing like that (at least it is called like that on Android 10). In that menu entry there is a text which tells you whether the device is encrypted or not. If you tap that menu entry then you reach a submenu where you can also encrypt or decrypt the device.
I hope that these options are also there on Android 6.

BlackVoltage

Aug 3, 2020
I also thought that the flickering probably had to do with low power.

About the encryption:
It seems that you can see this in the Android settings.

-> Open the Android Settings
-> go to Security & Location (may also be only called "Security")
-> go to Encryption & Credentials

Within the Encryption & Credentials menu you should see an entry where it tells you whether the device is encrypted.

The exact structure of the menus may differ a bit on various Android versions.The above description is what I found for Android 8.
I am not sure where exactly the Encryption & Credentials menu is on Lineag 13 / Android 6

I hope this helps
Christian

EDIT: Within the Encryption & Credentials menu, the exact entry is called "Encryption and Credentials" or soemthing like that (at least it is called like that on Android 10). In that menu entry there is a text which tells you whether the device is encrypted or not. If you tap that menu entry then you reach a submenu where you can also encrypt or decrypt the device.
I hope that these options are also there on Android 6.
Found something similar. Tells me that I could encrypt after the battery is fully charged. So ...that thing is not encrypted right now.

No ideas left. Need perhaps help to repartition manually via adb or something.
Or somebody who knows another solution

Edit: Which version of twrp did you perhaps I need an older version?

Last edited:

BlackVoltage

Aug 3, 2020
Damn .. Seems we are blind there must be a solution.

Probably a very easy one - some small thing is not right. Spend about 1 day so far. Only possible coz my knee is broken and family visits grandparents.

Next day I may have spare time is wendsday after hospital.

BlackVoltage

Aug 3, 2020
I'll try this now https://github.com/Lanchon/REPIT/issues/35

Edit: looks good so far after.unmountimg /sdcard/ how discribed there manually through terminal the partition process seem to work 😃

Edit2: New Problem now ...as soom as in customized with settings apps and so and and restart - I can't login again. Pin also extremly slow .. Typing.Pin ...then nothing.

Did a wipe coz of that. But now the same a second time 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: csteinert

csteinert

Aug 1, 2021
Edit2: New Problem now ...as soom as in customized with settings apps and so and and restart - I can't login again. Pin also extremly slow .. Typing.Pin ...then nothing.

Did a wipe coz of that. But now the same a second time
You have to wait for a while and retry again and again. At some point it will hopefully work. I had the same problem with pattern-based lock.

The system_server process was eating lots of CPU all the time and the lock screen was hardly reacting and allowed me only to lock in after many tries.

The only thing that I could do was to disable the lock screen. When you enable passwod or pin or pattern lock then there seems to be this problem.

BlackVoltage

Aug 3, 2020
You have to wait for a while and retry again and again. At some point it will hopefully work. I had the same problem with pattern-based lock.

The system_server process was eating lots of CPU all the time and the lock screen was hardly reacting and allowed me only to lock in after many tries.

The only thing that I could do was to disable the lock screen. When you enable passwod or pin or pattern lock then there seems to be this problem.
I hole that was only at first (slow install process and so on) ... Activated pin now after 2nd Boot

csteinert

Aug 1, 2021
I hole that was only at first (slow install process and so on) ... Activated pin now after 2nd Boot
For me the problem with the slow boot and slow unlock happened every time after I rebooted and for me the system_server process was permanently eating a full CPU core even after successful login.

For me all this was the case even after repeated reboots so i had to turn off the lock completely.

I have seen some people write (on various models, not just Nexus 10) that the slow login happens for them after every boot but nobody else had the problem with the continued high CPU usage. So maybe if you don't mind being patient after every reboot you can also keep the lock screen. I wasn't quite that lucky...

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Lineage-17.1 - September 2021

lineage-17.1-20210916-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> September 2021
- Disabled Google AVC codec to fix video on latest versions of Netflix.
- Patched framework/base to support microG
- Latest LineageOS changes for Android 10

Pls check first page for known issues.

For the "System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70" topic pls have a look on the first page.

Enjoy :p

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Lineage-17.1 - October 2021

lineage-17.1-20211010-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
- Google security updates -> October 2021
- Disabled Google AVC codec to fix video on latest versions of Netflix.

For the "System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70" topic pls have a look on the first page.

Please Help, my Samsung gOOgle Nexus 10 P8110 Manta Tablet iz Hung on an Unlocked Google Splash Screen...

I've installed TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 & Tried Flashing this LineageOS-17.1-Unofficial-Nexus-10-2021-10-10, But it Fails w/ E1001 Failed to Update System image E:unknown command [log] Followed by ERROR 7... I've Edited the Updater-Script by Removing the Assert Line Up to the Ui Line ( of course the ui line iz Now the 1st Top Line ), I've Saved & ReZipped it... But Still get the same Error E1001 Failed to Update System image E:unknown command [log] Followed by ERROR 7!

All of this after Updating from TWRP 3.0.2, same Outcome... & I've Wiped Dalvik Cache etc... Please What have I done wRong? & What eLse Can I Do? Of Course I've Already Spent hOurs Searching the iNet & *UTube 4 Answers...

Please HELP!!!... & Thanx

;-)K

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Please Help, my Samsung gOOgle Nexus 10 P8110 Manta Tablet iz Hung on an Unlocked Google Splash Screen...

I've installed TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 & Tried Flashing this LineageOS-17.1-Unofficial-Nexus-10-2021-10-10, But it Fails w/ E1001 Failed to Update System image E:unknown command [log] Followed by ERROR 7... I've Edited the Updater-Script by Removing the Assert Line Up to the Ui Line ( of course the ui line iz Now the 1st Top Line ), I've Saved & ReZipped it... But Still get the same Error E1001 Failed to Update System image E:unknown command [log] Followed by ERROR 7!

All of this after Updating from TWRP 3.0.2, same Outcome... & I've Wiped Dalvik Cache etc... Please What have I done wRong? & What eLse Can I Do? Of Course I've Already Spent hOurs Searching the iNet & *UTube 4 Answers...

Please HELP!!!... & Thanx

;-)K
Normally the E1001 Failed to Update System image error was due to system partition size.
Lineage 17 will not fit in the stock size partition.

Did you reparation ?

[TOOL][UNOFFICIAL][PORT] REPIT: for Nexus 10 [manta] xdaThread - Link
I really need to find the time to edit that thread and clean up the OP and instructions a bit. 🙃

If that is not the issue then please save the recovery log from TWRP after installing the linage build and attach it to your post.

Cheers. :cowboy:

Last edited:
Reactions: followmsi
Thanx ipdev 4 your prompt reply, Sorry I don't understand your question "Did you reparation ?"

I've Started Reading & Hopefully understanding your instructions. Questions iz What's the size of the Stock Samsung gOOgle Nexus 10 P8110 Manta - Lollipop Partition? & Can yoU Recommend / Suggest an increased System Partition size that'll Fix the E1001 Error, 4 LineageOS 17.1 Beering in Mind that this iz the 16 GB Model? & This iz a Fresh install where I don't have any data there - on, So I've got Nuthing 2 lose. Please & Thanx...

;-)K

Last edited:

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Thanx ipdev 4 your prompt reply, Sorry I don't understand your question "Did you reparation ?"

I've Started Reading & Hopefully understanding your instructions. Questions iz What's the size of the Stock Samsung gOOgle Nexus 10 P8110 Manta - Lollipop Partition? & Can yoU Recommend / Suggest an increased System Partition size that'll Fix the E1001 Error, 4 LineageOS 17.1 Beering in Mind that this iz the 16 GB Model? & This iz a Fresh install where I don't have any data there - on, So I've got Nuthing 2 lose. Please & Thanx...

;-)K
Every device has a finite amount of storage.

This storage is split into partitions to allocate a set amount of storage to each.

Nexus 10 (Manta) is split into nine partitions.
Stock (original) partition layout for 32G model.
Code:
 Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name
    1            8192           49151   20.0 MiB    0700  efs
    2           49152           65535   8.0 MiB     0700  param
    3           65536           98303   16.0 MiB    0700  boot
    4           98304          163711   31.9 MiB    0700  recovery
    5          163712          163839   64.0 KiB    0700  metadata
    6          163840          172031   4.0 MiB     0700  misc
    7          172032         1253375   528.0 MiB   0700  cache
    8         1253376         2891775   800.0 MiB   0700  system
    9         2891776        61063167   27.7 GiB    0700  userdata
Only difference between the 16G and 32G models is the amount of storage left at the end for userdata.
The 32G version has 27.7G left for userdata, the 16G would be about 11.7G.

--

Partitions 1 through 6 can not be adjusted so, we just leave those alone. ;)

Cache no longer needs to be that large so we can reduce it dramatically.
Reducing the size of the cache partition it will leave unallocated (free) space.
You can then add the unallocated (free) space into the system partition.

The max you can go without reducing userdata is to create a 16M cache partition witch leaves 1.3G for the system partition.

This is the reason I set the default name of the REPIT port for manta to create a 16M cache and a 1.3G system. ;)
lanchon-repit-20210221-cache=16M+wipe-system=1.3G-data=max-manta.zip

---

The original system partition size is 800M.
Lineage 17.1 requires 900M.

If you plan to install GApps you will need even more.
Also to future proof a bit, it would be a good idea to increase the system partition larger than you currently need.
A 2G system would be a good size if you can afford to give up about a gig from userdata.

Hope it helps more than confuse. 🙃

PS.
To quote part of a post I made in a different thread about partitioning.
Note to all.
As for (re)partitioning you only need to do it once.
Well as needed would be more correct.
I've really been meaning to find a good explanation on this to link people to..

So I'll try to explain it quickly.
Partitioning is different from resizing an image.

When you flash an image in recovery it basically restores a backup to a specific partition. As long as the image is equal to or smaller than the partition, it will restore the image. If the image is smaller than the partition it is being restored to, there is unused/extra space in the partition. To make the extra space available, you have to resize (expand) the image to use the whole partition space.

When you wipe/format a device you are just erasing what is stored in the partition.
The only time a partition size changes is if you manually change them.
Once the partition for system is (re)partitioned to say 1.2G, it will always have 1.2G allocated for system even if the system image you flash is only 850M. System will only have 850M available since the rest of the (system partition) is unallocated. So you have to resize system to fill the whole (system partition) to be able to use the 1.2G space allocated.

To keep it simple, I will not try and describe the new dynamic partitioning (super partition), not related to older devices.
Implementing Dynamic Partitions source.android - Link

Sorry for the long post.
Hope I helped more than confused.

Cheers all. :cowboy:

Reactions: followmsi
Thanx 4 the info mate, Clear az Mud ;-) Reading about metadata brings back 2 mind recent research I've done about BTRFS that I've been Curious & Tempted by its Qualities But lacking the courage / confidence 2 actually get me feet wet.

Good point about GApps, I've got No intension of going there, gOOgle I mean... But it's so Sticky ( I'm eMbarressed 2 admit that I've got 2 GMail Accounts I Wish I Never had! ). Reckon I'll just Cherry Pick minimal Alternatives Anonymously from Aurora Store, F-Droid & iNet Apks, etc. However Thank Heavens 4 NewPipe & FreeTube, because yoUTube was my Guilty Confession!

;-)K

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-17.1 - November 2021

lineage-17.1-20211106-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
    - Google security updates -> November 2021

Hi there,

new user and newbie here. :)

I installed:
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0
    lanchon-repit-09180102-cache=max+wipe-system=1228M-manta.zip
    open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20211111.zip (not successful)

Regardless of whether I install the gapps together with LOS or after the first boot, I get the ERROR 70.
    open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211111.zip on the other hand works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or are the nano GApps simply too big?
    Is beansgapps the better choice?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Martin
    That is the older version of REPIT.

The newer version will give you a little more space (1.3G) by default.
    The max before reducing userdata.
    You can also adjust the newer version to use some space from userdata to increase system.

[TOOL][UNOFFICIAL][PORT] REPIT: for Nexus 10 [manta] - [xdaThread] - Link

My Manta is very laggy. I want to restore to stock, first. Is this the newest stock images? https://developers.google.com/android/images#mantaray 5.1.1 (LMY49J) or are there newer images?

Is this the last bootloader bootloader-manta-mantamf01?

Then, I will restore to @followmsi newest ROM and report back.
    Been a while...

I finally managed to backup data, wipe the tablet, flash stock ROM, increase system space, then, follow OFFICIAL lineage guide to install this ROM.

Tablet is fast-ish. Fixed the problem of tablet shutting down at 42% with new replacement battery, even though early days. Overall, worth the trouble!
    Hi there,

new user and newbie here. :)

I installed:
    TWRP 3.5.2_9-0
    lanchon-repit-09180102-cache=max+wipe-system=1228M-manta.zip
    open_gapps-arm-10.0-nano-20211111.zip (not successful)

Regardless of whether I install the gapps together with LOS or after the first boot, I get the ERROR 70.
    open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211111.zip on the other hand works fine.

Am I doing something wrong or are the nano GApps simply too big?
    Is beansgapps the better choice?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Martin
    Error 70 is due to there being not enough space in the partition to install GAPPS larger than PICO. I had the same issue. It is possible to increase the partition size but IMO it's not worth it just install allot of bloatware.
    Not my Daily Driver but looking promising.

After a few days running the latest 17.1 build with various apps there's definitely some lag and apps that are intermittently stopping or not responding. Streaming apps seem to be pretty laggy as well.

Here's my initial observations:
    - Bluetooth seems to be unstable and stops. I tried connecting to various devices and experienced the same.
    - Amazon Prime Video is very laggy - Plenty of WiFi signal and I'm on a 400Nbps internet feed.
    - YouTube - stream is not to bad but does lag every so often.
    - Apps are generally petty slow to load.

All in all seems pretty good, but having the Bluetooth more stable and getting the GPS working would be epic!

@followmsi Kudos for picking this up again and looking forward to future builds (y)

EmPczMv.png

LineageOS

Known issues:
    - Pls disable "Adaptive brightness" in display settings -> sensor service problems.
    - GPS is not working and has been disabled completely
    - NFC is not working and has been disabled completely
    - Watchdog has been (partially) disabled - in case of crash/bug you may need to reboot using power button.
    - Camera is not working .. same problem like on Nougat. (broken HAL1 camera and unsupported HAL2 camera)
    - Encryption seems not to work - and has not been tested. -> Pls do not encrypt your data partition yet.

lineage-16.0-20200913-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip (DISCONTINUED) -> Pls check here for new builds !

Known issues:
    - HWC (hardware composer) is partly broken (icons are not shown correctly and black home screen - some overlays have problems .. etc.)
    - Encryption seems not to work - and has not been tested. -> Pls do not encrypt your data partition yet.
    - NFC may not work correctly and drains a lof of battery - Pls disable thru settings menu.
    - If you set pin, pattern or password to unlock the device pls be patient - if you press "confirm" the system is freezing for a few minutes - just wait.
    - Camera is not working .. same problem like on Nougat. (broken HAL1 camera and unsupported HAL2 camera)

lineage-15.1-20190516-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip (DISCONTINUED) -> Pls check here for new builds !

Known issues:
    - Headphone jack is not fully working (Pls use the "AudioJack" kernel -> 3.4.67 - current standard kernel for all Oreo ROMs)
    - If you install Magisk, pls disable Magisk "Hide" feature. (3.4.113 kernel issue)
    - NFC has been taken out - still not working.
    - If you set pin, pattern or password to unlock the device pls be patient - if you press "confirm" the system is freezing for a few minutes - just wait.

lineage-14.1-20181218-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip (DISCONTINUED) -> Pls check here for new builds !

Known issues:
    - Camera is not working (broken HAL1 camera and unsupported HAL2 camera)
    - Headphone jack is not fully working
    Due to the new kernel sources the Audio jack will not work correctly anymore. (2017-07-27)
    If you need working Audio jack - pls install this kernel via TWRP: manta-kernel-lineage_20170509.zip

Installation:
    1. Boot into TWRP
    2. Wipe system, cache, dalvik and data. (Not required if you upgrade from previous build)
    3. Install lineage-xx.x-yyyyyyyy-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip
    4. install opengapps or beansgapps (optional)
    5. install SuperSU.zip and/or Magisk.zip
    6. Reboot into system ..

- Please install Magisk.zip and/or SuperSu.zip yourself.
    - Due to systemless rooting - if you have installed magisk and/or supersu before you need to install it again !
    - If you install SuperSu.zip it will boot twice - no panic, it's normal !
    - If you had gapps installed before you don't need to install gapps again - the installer will take care.
    - If you face any strange issues, pls do a factory reset via TWRP first.
    - If you have problems with SetupWizard from opengapps - pls install opengapps after first system boot.
    - BeansGapps SetupWizard should have no problems at all !

System and Cache repartitioning / Opengapps: Error 70
    The current system partition is (getting) full !
    You need to do repartition your system and cache partitions .. either via TWRP package or manually via shell.
    It's an one time task.

But the filesystem of the system.img inside the ROM will keep always the same size .. approx. 800mb.
    The filesystem does not know the "real" size of the actual partition.
    In general .. If you install an image into a partition the filesystem will have the size of the image (in our case 800mb).
    The free space we got thru repartitioning needs to be allocated again.

For this reason we need to enlarge/resize the filesystem after each ROM update and/or clean install.
    Only the filesystem .. the partition itself will stay untouched.
    The automatic enlarge/resize of the filesystem is part of the ROM installer.

For manual repartitioning have a look here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77759823&postcount=953
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77762148&postcount=954

For automatic repartitioning have a look here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77764246&postcount=957
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77770425&postcount=960
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78219279&postcount=1059

@ipdev - Thanks for your TWRP flashable repartitioning package !

SOURCES:
    If you want to build your own ROM .. just use my slightly modified manifest.
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineageos-cm-14.1
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineage-15.1
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineage-16.0
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineage-17.1

Download:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...NOW5CdVk?resourcekey=0-sy5DtNinV0vaxAlPd8adpw
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=289294

Enjoy lineageOS on your Nexus 10 .. :)
    This is a milestone release ... HW decoding is working now !!!
    Even Netflix is working now :)

lineage-15.1-20180303-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
    - Fixing HW decoding on Oreo -> using Exynos SHIM_LIBS from TeamNexus -> adapted for manta device !
    - Latest LineageOS changes

Official Oreo 8.1 opengapps are ready now !

EDIT:
    - If you install Magisk, pls disable Magisk "Hide" feature !
    Otherwise you will get error 963 in playstore and can not install any apps anymore.
    Also no .apk via file explorer .. etc.
    Other strange issues could happen too.
    The next issue to be fixed.
    Finally :)

It was not the kernel !
    We are using fresh built OMX libs for each ROM .. since Nougat and before.
    But the Oreo libs do have some problems.
    For this reason we use prebuilt Nougat libs now ..

No Youtube problems anymore .. no video and memory issues anymore !

lineage-15.1-20180523-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
    - We are using prebuilt Nougat OMX blobs now !
    - Latest Lineage changes

Some new builds ...

CM-14.1

Pls see the link below .. last month they were quick .. all the security changes were implemented Oct. 3rd.
    https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/n_asb_10-2017
    But this month .. nothing until now.
    Anyway .. here is the new Nougat version .. some kernel changes were done.

lineage-14.1-20171116-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip
    lineage-14.1-20171116-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip.md5sum

Changes:
    - still october security level
    - new Kernel -> latest lineage changes
    - latest lineageos changes

Sources:
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineageos-cm-14.1
    https://github.com/followmsi/android_kernel_samsung_manta/tree/followmsi-nougat

Lineage-15.0

lineage-15.0-20171116-UNOFFICIAL-manta_followmsi.zip

Changes:
    - new Kernel -> changed to 64-Bit binder
    - 64Bit binder
    - Added binderized gralloc service

HW decoding is still not working !

Sources:
    https://github.com/followmsi/manifests/tree/manta-lineage-15.0
    https://github.com/followmsi/android_kernel_samsung_manta/tree/followmsi-oreo_2017-11-13

July 2018

lineage-15.1-20180707-UNOFFICIAL-manta.zip

Changes:
    - Google July 2018 Security updates
    - disable bionic linker warnings
    - Latest LineageOS changes

New RR version will come in the next days too ..

Due to holiday season the August releases will be delayed !

EDIT:
    And the new RR build ..
    RR-O-v6.1.0-20180707-manta-Unofficial.zip