[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 | Android 11 [UNOFFICIAL] [Mar3]

Search This thread

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

This is an UNOFFICIAL build.of LineageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren. Some LOS specific features haven't been re-imported yet so, just be aware. I did NOT create this ROM, it is an Open Source project by the community for the community and has many many contributors , some from this very thread!. thanks to all who have contributed to CyanogenMod/LineageOS over the years.

Supported device: OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren (hotdogg)

Code:
[B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Builds are done when they are done, and not a second sooner. Please no build begging.
* Do NOT be rude.
* If you don't get a reply from me in a timely manner about your bug, sorry i do this in my spare time
* Respect all users
* If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest LineageOS/Android 11 source
  • Service
  • Text
  • Data
  • Call
  • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
  • Audio
  • WiFi
  • Google Now
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • MMS
  • Video playback
  • Audio playback
  • Camera
  • Video recording
  • NFC
  • Standalone 5G

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
  • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
    Code:
    (boot to bootloader)
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot -w
    fastboot update lineage-18.0-<builddate>-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
  • Boot to bootloader
  • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
    (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
    Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
  • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
  • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, lineage-18.0-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • LineageOS Devs
  • @mjevange
  • @omariscal1019
  • @OC'D
  • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18.0 | Android 11 for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren (hotdogg), ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren

Contributors
albinoman887
Source Code: http://github.com/Team-Hydra

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 10.0.39 Modem or higher for full support
Based On: LineageOS

Last edited:
Reactions: pyckvi

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Reserved

Unlock Warning:
- This matters only if you ever want to revert to OnePlus ROMs or a fully stock phone
- Choose a method below to get backups BEFORE unlocking to prevent this
- persist.img and reserve.img are most important, but get full dump/backup to be safe
- If you need help, join our Telegram Chat

Getting your phone into EDL mode
Code:
- While holding {Vol+} & {Vol-}, insert USB
- Your screen will remain blank, you will immediately be in EDL mode
- You will have 10 seconds to interact with EDL mode, or the phone will restart into Charging mode
- If an EDL mode interaction fails, you will need to first reboot into fastboot by holding {Vol+} & {Vol-} & {Power} for 10 seconds

MSM Readback (Windows Only)
Download Tool
Grab any MSM Tool version

Obtain Backup
- Launch tool
- Select Target 'TMO'
- Press F8 (password is 'oneplus')
- Select Partitions & Hit OK
(persist.img and reserve.img are very important, but can't hurt to have a copy of everything, use Ctrl-A to select all)
- Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
- Enumerate device
- Click Readback & Wait

EDL Tool Backup (Linux Only)
Obtain the tool
Use GIT:
Code:
~$ git clone [email protected]:bkerler/edl.git
—or—
Download ZIP: https://github.com/bkerler/edl/archive/master.zip

Prep
Use the included README for required packages / setup
Pay attention to UDEV rules, python, and pip

Backup
In the edl folder:
- Create folder named dumps
- Put phone in EDL mode (SEE NOTE)
- Use edl.py:
Code:
~$ ./edl.py rl dumps/ --memory=ufs --genxml --skip=userdata

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
sB7atuO.png

Mar 3
* Major Release, do a full wipe if you have problems. I actually STRONGLY recommend a full wipe anyways.
* For all intents and purposes this is a Stable release. I've done extensive testing and everything has worked as it should or above and beyond. Now on to the updates
* A lot of just under the hood optimization and cleanup. There some configuration options that weren't exactly optimized for our device, dalvik config is a good example.
* 5G support is on par with stock ROM, if not better.
* Auto brightness has been improved
* Some cosmetic issues have been addressed like status bar padding and FOD icon centering.
* Fixed a wakelock issue when using Always on Display
* Adjustable display refresh rate code has been improved.
* Updated vendor libs from hotdog Android R OB2 to allow full use of Android 11 Display HAL
* Added Stereo in call recording support
* Various audio fixups, including increasing volume steps from 7 to 15 and raising the max volume level to be on par with stock OOS
* Optimized Always on Display: fixed wakelock issue, lowed default AOD brightness, as well as enabled auto brightness when on AOD if enabled by user within settings
* Many upstream changes, fixes, and improvments.
** This will most likely be my final release as i have moved on to the Snapdragon variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G. Thanks for the support guys and I hope you enjoy my work. Hopefully someone will pick up where I left off.

Dec 26
* Merry Christmas!
* Updated ROM base to lineage-18.1
* Notification pull-down menu now shows 3 rows of tiles as expected
* Added "Minimum Refresh Rate" settings option in Settings > Display instead of hard-coding to 90htz always. With this new option choosing 90htz will (obviously) make it always 90htz , and choosing 60htz is similar to the "Dynamic" option in stock OOS where it decides based on what app your using.
* (With version 18.1 most, if not all of the expected LineageOS features have been merged)
* Fixed "choppy" display frame rate that would happen from time to time
* Fingerprint recognition speed improvement.
* Fixed excessive battery drain when Always On Display is active
* Update dalvik configs (they were configured for an 8GB RAM devices, we have 12)
* UI: Enabled blur
* Fixed IMS from spamming system logs
* Fixed booting with SELinux Enforcing on "user" build types
* Enabled SELinux enforcing

Nov 20
* Fixed up all the small bugs from test build
* Standalone 5G (NR SA) support, requires being on 10.0.39 or newer modem. Also be aware the signal icon will show no bars when connected to NR SA, this is just a cosmetic bug.
* Updated audio configs to to match OOS 10.0.39
* Added audio volume policy , should fix the lower then normal volume when below 50%
* SELinux is currently set to "Permissive" until I work out all the sepolicy errors

Oct 14
* Initial internal test Release

l5SakBJ.png

[ROM]: lineage-18.1-20210303-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
Gapps: TEMP INCLUDED WITH ROM IMG UNTIL ITS FLASHABLE VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY
[Download Archive]: All ROMs

lSuV72q.png

https://github.com/LineageOS
https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common
https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg
https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150
https://github.com/Team-Hydra/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

Last edited:
Reactions: cavalier3003

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thanks man, just showed my appreciation via PayPal. Happy Thanksgiving! This build rocks. Passes safetynet with props module spoofing a Oneplus 8. Or you wouldn't be getting that stuffing! Stable as hell, everything working for me so far. Happy Holidays to all

Thanks so much man that meant a lot to me

jinx4th

Oct 21, 2019
First time installing a custom ROM but when I run "fastboot update lineage-18.1-<builddate>-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip" I get an error reading "Fastboot: error: failed to open zip file 'lineage-18.0-<builddate>-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip': I/O error

EDIT: I got it working

factorion

Jan 1, 2014
I've installed the latest build (18.1, build 12/26), but I can't change notification, ringtone, or alarm through settings. Clicking on any of those restarts the settings app.

EDIT: I tried to do a workaround through tasker, but when I go to choose the sound I get the following popup:
Error: android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle intent { act=android.intent.action.RINGTONE_PICKER (has extras) }.

I wasn't able to find a working solution through google. I tried clearing the cache for settings and restarting, but it didn't fix anything. I also can't use the default launcher as it just continually crashes, but the pixel launcher works fine.

Last edited:

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
I've installed the latest build (18.1, build 12/26), but I can't change notification, ringtone, or alarm through settings. Clicking on any of those restarts the settings app.

EDIT: I tried to do a workaround through tasker, but when I go to choose the sound I get the following popup:
Error: android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle intent { act=android.intent.action.RINGTONE_PICKER (has extras) }.

I wasn't able to find a working solution through google. I tried clearing the cache for settings and restarting, but it didn't fix anything. I also can't use the default launcher as it just continually crashes, but the pixel launcher works fine.

hmmm. i'll take a look. tbh i restored stock like a week back to get updated libs and then my ISP was having all types of issues , one thing lead to another. blah blah blah.. i'm back now though

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2008
St.Petersburg
OnePlus 9 Pro
does this have pocket mode? or check proximity sensor before wakeup?N im happy your back :p

Also I dont seem to get the same signal as on aosip or oos not sure why switched it to global and im on the new sim

Last edited:

EddyBalls

Sep 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Great ROM so far! Just got one thing to add. Anyone seeing low WiFi signal? My house isn't big at all but when I'm in the kitchen, which is about 20 ft away form the router, it'll keep switching between data and wifi because it says the signal is poor. My gf's stock pixel is at full bars in the kitchen. Any thoughts? Also, I reflashed and still same issue.

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
I've been watching this therad ever since you released it, and it looks to keep getting better,, so kudos to you man! I have the T-Mobile variant on the Mint netowork, so I'm always afraid to try anything but I haven't done much research on if you can flash it to a T-Mobile device. Let me know, thanks!

factorion

Jan 1, 2014
I've been watching this therad ever since you released it, and it looks to keep getting better,, so kudos to you man! I have the T-Mobile variant on the Mint netowork, so I'm always afraid to try anything but I haven't done much research on if you can flash it to a T-Mobile device. Let me know, thanks!
I have the same phone, also went from t-mobile to mint. You have to get oneplus to unlock the bootloader, and then you can follow the flash instructions for the rom (Probably want to do the backup as well, although that wouldn't work for me). If you try it, hopefully you don't have the issues I had with notifications/ringtones.

cyapalmpos

Feb 12, 2011
Hey Dopewaffles and factorian
I've got the same phone, the 7t pro 5g mclaren, and put it on Mint.
Are y'all having issues receiving calls and/or SMS? I was and tried switching over to LineageOS. Seems better so far. Curious if y'all were seeing the same thing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please change to something other than Mega. or might as well delete this thread.
    New build uploaded. I recommend everyone to update to it as it addresses the last few bugs i'm aware of and all the LOS specific features are fully merged
    Thanks man, just showed my appreciation via PayPal. Happy Thanksgiving! This build rocks. Passes safetynet with props module spoofing a Oneplus 8. Or you wouldn't be getting that stuffing! Stable as hell, everything working for me so far. Happy Holidays to all
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

This is an UNOFFICIAL build.of LineageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren. Some LOS specific features haven't been re-imported yet so, just be aware. I did NOT create this ROM, it is an Open Source project by the community for the community and has many many contributors , some from this very thread!. thanks to all who have contributed to CyanogenMod/LineageOS over the years.

Supported device: OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren (hotdogg)

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Builds are done when they are done, and not a second sooner. Please no build begging.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * If you don't get a reply from me in a timely manner about your bug, sorry i do this in my spare time
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest LineageOS/Android 11 source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • NFC
    • Standalone 5G

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
    Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
    • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
      Code:
      (boot to bootloader)
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot update lineage-18.0-<builddate>-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
      (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
      Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
    • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
    • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, lineage-18.0-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Devs
    • @mjevange
    • @omariscal1019
    • @OC'D
    • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0 | Android 11 for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren (hotdogg), ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren

Contributors
    albinoman887
    Source Code: http://github.com/Team-Hydra

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 10.0.39 Modem or higher for full support
    Based On: LineageOS
    sB7atuO.png

Mar 3
    * Major Release, do a full wipe if you have problems. I actually STRONGLY recommend a full wipe anyways.
    * For all intents and purposes this is a Stable release. I've done extensive testing and everything has worked as it should or above and beyond. Now on to the updates
    * A lot of just under the hood optimization and cleanup. There some configuration options that weren't exactly optimized for our device, dalvik config is a good example.
    * 5G support is on par with stock ROM, if not better.
    * Auto brightness has been improved
    * Some cosmetic issues have been addressed like status bar padding and FOD icon centering.
    * Fixed a wakelock issue when using Always on Display
    * Adjustable display refresh rate code has been improved.
    * Updated vendor libs from hotdog Android R OB2 to allow full use of Android 11 Display HAL
    * Added Stereo in call recording support
    * Various audio fixups, including increasing volume steps from 7 to 15 and raising the max volume level to be on par with stock OOS
    * Optimized Always on Display: fixed wakelock issue, lowed default AOD brightness, as well as enabled auto brightness when on AOD if enabled by user within settings
    * Many upstream changes, fixes, and improvments.
    ** This will most likely be my final release as i have moved on to the Snapdragon variant of the Note 20 Ultra 5G. Thanks for the support guys and I hope you enjoy my work. Hopefully someone will pick up where I left off.

Dec 26
    * Merry Christmas!
    * Updated ROM base to lineage-18.1
    * Notification pull-down menu now shows 3 rows of tiles as expected
    * Added "Minimum Refresh Rate" settings option in Settings > Display instead of hard-coding to 90htz always. With this new option choosing 90htz will (obviously) make it always 90htz , and choosing 60htz is similar to the "Dynamic" option in stock OOS where it decides based on what app your using.
    * (With version 18.1 most, if not all of the expected LineageOS features have been merged)
    * Fixed "choppy" display frame rate that would happen from time to time
    * Fingerprint recognition speed improvement.
    * Fixed excessive battery drain when Always On Display is active
    * Update dalvik configs (they were configured for an 8GB RAM devices, we have 12)
    * UI: Enabled blur
    * Fixed IMS from spamming system logs
    * Fixed booting with SELinux Enforcing on "user" build types
    * Enabled SELinux enforcing

Nov 20
    * Fixed up all the small bugs from test build
    * Standalone 5G (NR SA) support, requires being on 10.0.39 or newer modem. Also be aware the signal icon will show no bars when connected to NR SA, this is just a cosmetic bug.
    * Updated audio configs to to match OOS 10.0.39
    * Added audio volume policy , should fix the lower then normal volume when below 50%
    * SELinux is currently set to "Permissive" until I work out all the sepolicy errors

Oct 14
    * Initial internal test Release

l5SakBJ.png

[ROM]: lineage-18.1-20210303-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
    Gapps: TEMP INCLUDED WITH ROM IMG UNTIL ITS FLASHABLE VIA CUSTOM RECOVERY
    [Download Archive]: All ROMs

lSuV72q.png

https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/proprietary_vendor_oneplus
    I got this installed and it's fantastic. For some reason my camera is capped at 12mp, even on other camera apps. Is there anything I can do about that?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone