Search This thread

yangyu11

Mar 9, 2021
20210317073302.jpg

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
You could always try building an updated image yourself. I believe the local_manifest used for hotdogg is below. I was able to test that it builds correctly, but I don't have a device to test the build on.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg" path="device/oneplus/hotdogg" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_common" path="device/oneplus/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common" path="device/oneplus/sm8150-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150" path="kernel/oneplus/sm8150" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.0-yaap_base" />
</manifest>

You could always try building an updated image yourself. I believe the local_manifest used for hotdogg is below. I was able to test that it builds correctly, but I don't have a device to test the build on.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg" path="device/oneplus/hotdogg" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_common" path="device/oneplus/common" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common" path="device/oneplus/sm8150-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150" path="kernel/oneplus/sm8150" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.1" />
  <project name="Team-Hydra/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="lineage-18.0-yaap_base" />
</manifest>
I'm getting a McLaren in a few days, I could test that if you wanted to upload it.

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
I wish I could give this ROM a try. The AOSiP ROM is pretty decent, but I get the feeling I'd be happier with this one. That decryption error is crippling. By the time I got around it, I ran out of free bandwidth (and they suck too much to pay them for their premium crap).

I had considered just building it myself, but after seeing the amount of work it takes just to get Windows to be able to do it (especially just to try *one* ROM), it's quite discouraging.

If the build could be hosted elsewhere, even just shortly, I imagine at least a few of us would be willing to mirror it for everybody else.

Reactions: FalseBuddha

international9

May 6, 2021
Nokia 6.1
F(x)tec Pro1
I wish I could give this ROM a try. The AOSiP ROM is pretty decent, but I get the feeling I'd be happier with this one. That decryption error is crippling. By the time I got around it, I ran out of free bandwidth (and they suck too much to pay them for their premium crap).

I had considered just building it myself, but after seeing the amount of work it takes just to get Windows to be able to do it (especially just to try *one* ROM), it's quite discouraging.

If the build could be hosted elsewhere, even just shortly, I imagine at least a few of us would be willing to mirror it for everybody else.
yeah,, coming from an fxtec with lineage and aicp rom... this aosip rom crashed on me twice while inital setting up through the settings and options and themes and sounds. its alright. definitely not as many options as AICP... but lineage was good for me on the fxtec pro1 phone,,, i would love to try it out on the mclaren.

problem is that, i just bought this phone for cheap, and is an amazing phone, but i don't see much future for this phone. only a few guys and 3 roms available for this phone. will hope it will stay stable.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
At the Telegram link mentioned in the first post there is a newer build pinned without gapps. Seems to work fine.
Magisk and a Gapps package like NikGapps can be installed when booting into twrp with fastboot boot <twrp.img>.
Seems to be working (I needed to wipe everything.)
Definitely better than that Mega crap.

Reactions: Gamesoul Master

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
At the Telegram link mentioned in the first post there is a newer build pinned without gapps. Seems to work fine.
Magisk and a Gapps package like NikGapps can be installed when booting into twrp with fastboot boot <twrp.img>.
Seems to be working (I needed to wipe everything.)
Definitely better than that Mega crap.
Thanks for that. I didn't even think to check the support link for a ROM download. Already downloaded, I'll be giving it a test drive later today.

Edit: ROM is running beautifully so far. My one complaint is one that I'm starting to suspect is a problem with Android 11, not custom ROM's. It refuses to find custom ringtones or notification sounds if you have more than (seemingly) a few. I put a few in the folder, it's just fine. I put 29 in the folder, they all disappear. I'm thinking I'm gonna need to root and try to find (and delete) the stock sounds and replace them with my custom ones. Especially since I'm tired of the stock ones that I never use cluttering the list.

Edit 2: ROM does have an issue with screen brightness. Even with auto/adaptive brightness turned off, sometimes it just does its own thing. Especially if an app tries to manually control the brightness itself (like my ebook reading app, where I have it set to go full brightness).

Last edited:

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Edit 2: ROM does have an issue with screen brightness. Even with auto/adaptive brightness turned off, sometimes it just does its own thing. Especially if an app tries to manually control the brightness itself (like my ebook reading app, where I have it set to go full brightness).
I have the same issue with the auto brightness. I had to switch it off, then the brightness stays ok most of the time.

Last edited:

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
yeah, my rom crashed on me and started to flash red bars all over the place and darkened the screen, just by messing around the ringtones folder on initial set up , to change that awful ringtone.
I use Magisk, with the Oxy-ify module, which provides the OxygenOS media apps. Didn't have any problems with ringtones.
I can't imagine using a phone without using Magisk and a couple of its modules.

dustinob

May 17, 2021
I downloaded MegaSync and directed my Avast Virus scanner to block the deletion of files by that app. I copied the downloaded file and changed it's temp extension made it into a zip file. I was able to install the newest LineageOS available for this device (Oneplus 7T Pro 5G) I am in the process of uploading it to Google Drive. Be warned, the fingerprint scanner does NOT work. Neither does the LineageOS Trebuchet home app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah i agree they are evil.but yeah i get having a real life as i do too.everything does work with verizon once i flashed over oos 11.thanks for posting the rom.xda seff isnt what it used to be.
    I'll probably post a new build every month or so now that I got the build process figured out, which is a bit different from phones where you can just use adb sideload to install a new image. I have a shell script to run builds for all of the phones I have as cron jobs on my Linux box (I even got LineageOS 18.1 on my ancient Nexus 7 now...)
    Eventually I may fix things that I feel are missing, if the Team Hydra people don't fix it (like the actions for the slider not being available; builds for other OnePlus phones, like the 5T, have that; I need to figure out where that's set.)
    I finally got my own build running: lineage-18.1-20210603-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
    Device trees: https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_hotdogg, https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_oneplus_sm8150-common
    Kernel tree: https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150
    Vendor tree: https://github.com/Team-Hydra/vendor_oneplus
    To install gapps, use TWRP: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mauronofrio-twrp/files/Hotdog-Hotdogb-Hotdogc/
    From the bootloader, run fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-2-hotdog-unified-mauronofrio.img
    then adb push whatever gapps package you like (I use NikGapps), adb push Magisk if desired, and install from within TWRP. adb sideload did not work for me.
    Of course, not responsible for bricked devices. Take backups.
    To make it clear: I did not develop anything. I just got the code from Team-Hydra's Github repo and ran a build. Any questions about the code should be directed at the people in the Telegram chat listed in Post #2.
    Yeah i agree they are evil.but yeah i get having a real life as i do too.everything does work with verizon once i flashed over oos 11.thanks for posting the rom.xda seff isnt what it used to be.
    New build uploaded. I recommend everyone to update to it as it addresses the last few bugs i'm aware of and all the LOS specific features are fully merged
    I'll probably post a new build every month or so now that I got the build process figured out, which is a bit different from phones where you can just use adb sideload to install a new image. I have a shell script to run builds for all of the phones I have as cron jobs on my Linux box (I even got LineageOS 18.1 on my ancient Nexus 7 now...)
    Eventually I may fix things that I feel are missing, if the Team Hydra people don't fix it (like the actions for the slider not being available; builds for other OnePlus phones, like the 5T, have that; I need to figure out where that's set.)
    Thanks man, just showed my appreciation via PayPal. Happy Thanksgiving! This build rocks. Passes safetynet with props module spoofing a Oneplus 8. Or you wouldn't be getting that stuffing! Stable as hell, everything working for me so far. Happy Holidays to all
    Please change to something other than Mega. or might as well delete this thread.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

This is an UNOFFICIAL build.of LineageOS 18.1 based on Android 11 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G Mclaren. Some LOS specific features haven't been re-imported yet so, just be aware. I did NOT create this ROM, it is an Open Source project by the community for the community and has many many contributors , some from this very thread!. thanks to all who have contributed to CyanogenMod/LineageOS over the years.

Supported device: OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren (hotdogg)

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Builds are done when they are done, and not a second sooner. Please no build begging.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * If you don't get a reply from me in a timely manner about your bug, sorry i do this in my spare time
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from latest LineageOS/Android 11 source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • VoLTE/WiFI Calling/IMS/5G]
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • NFC
    • Standalone 5G

bJO9QqG.png

• ??? You tell me

Unlock Warning:
    By unlocking a OnePlus phone, you can loose permanent functionality in fingerprint scanner and OTAs for Stock ROMS if improper steps are taken.
    Please see 2rd post for backup instructions BEFORE flashing this or ANY custom ROMs
    Join our Telegram Chat for added support

2jpqfKR.png

PAY ATTENTION!! DIFFERENT THEN MOST DEVICES! CURRENTLY TWRP DOESNT SUPPORT OUR DEVICE SO FASTBOOT MUST BE USED INSTEAD! GAPPS IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THE BUILD DUE TO SAME LACK OF TWRP!
    • (if you are comfortable with fastboot just run the following commands from fastbootd, if you are unsure of the procedure please read on IT IS DIFFERENT THEN TWRP!
      Code:
      (boot to bootloader)
      fastboot reboot fastboot
      fastboot -w
      fastboot update lineage-18.0-<builddate>-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • from terminal/command prompt: fastboot reboot fastboot
      (Don't forget the above step! This will bring us into fastbootd mode. Regular bootloader/fastboot doesn't have access to all needed partitions for flashing. You will see 'partition not found' errors)
      Note: In order to access fastbootd mode, we must have stock recovery flashed until TWRP is fixed
    • if you are coming from a different rom wipe userdata by typing fastboot -w
    • now type fastboot update filename.zip where filename is the name of the downloaded zip. (e.g, lineage-18.0-20200723-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg+GAPPS_fastboot.zip)

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • LineageOS Devs
    • @mjevange
    • @omariscal1019
    • @OC'D
    • Me

cvU6373.png

Not expected by any means but always brings a smile to my face when I see it, If anyone wants to Paypal me a couple bucks my way it would really help cuver all the coffee and smokes i go through debugging stuff haha :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

[*] See Post 3

lSuV72q.png

[*] See Post 3

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0 | Android 11 for OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren (hotdogg), ROM for the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren

Contributors
    albinoman887
    Source Code: http://github.com/Team-Hydra

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on 10.0.39 Modem or higher for full support
    Based On: LineageOS