[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 | Android 11 [UNOFFICIAL] [Mar3]

Search This thread

meovoz

Aug 2, 2021
This has fbe. All phones that came with Android 10 or later have fbe.

Nvm i found it need update apk for google play services thx for your help

I did it but i can't set allow permissions for google play services call logs and sms. I flashed NikGapps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-022213_Permission_controller.png
    Screenshot_20210810-022213_Permission_controller.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

zintegy

Jul 29, 2021
I'm having trouble with fastboot reboot fastboot. It's taking me to what I think is the OnePlus Recovery (starts me off with a language selection, then an option to reboot to fastboot or reboot to recovery).

Because of this, [fastboot update ....] is no longer working properly. It'll end at
Code:
Writing 'odm' ... FAILED (remote: "Partition not found')
, and after this the phone is no longer functional - I have to reset it with the MSM tool.

Earlier: on my FIRST try with this phone, I was able to reboot fastboot properly and get everything installed, and Lineage was able to load, but I reset to install Gapps/Magisk. That caused Lineage to go into a bootloop. I reset it with the MSM tool at this phase because I couldn't get the phone into any other state than a bootloop.

So now I have an unlocked phone but seemingly no way to flash a new ROM like lineage now. Any thoughts?

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm having trouble with fastboot reboot fastboot. It's taking me to what I think is the OnePlus Recovery (starts me off with a language selection, then an option to reboot to fastboot or reboot to recovery).

Because of this, [fastboot update ....] is no longer working properly. It'll end at
Code:
Writing 'odm' ... FAILED (remote: "Partition not found')
, and after this the phone is no longer functional - I have to reset it with the MSM tool.

Earlier: on my FIRST try with this phone, I was able to reboot fastboot properly and get everything installed, and Lineage was able to load, but I reset to install Gapps/Magisk. That caused Lineage to go into a bootloop. I reset it with the MSM tool at this phase because I couldn't get the phone into any other state than a bootloop.

So now I have an unlocked phone but seemingly no way to flash a new ROM like lineage now. Any thoughts?
That screen with the language selection is the correct fastbootd. Once you get that, just do "fastboot update ..."
Do NOT select "boot into fastboot"! That just gets you back to the old fastboot, which can't access all partitions.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX

P0weredByTECH

Sep 24, 2021
A new build., lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip.
As before, I just built it from other peoples' sources. All credit goes to TeamHydra and the LineageOS team.
thank you for the update. Curious as to which version of NikGapps you use (stock, full, etc). I flashed the full version but i seem to be having issues where google play services wants permission to sms/phone log but even if i go into permissions and grant it it will not stick, as soon as i leave the screen that says "always allow, only while using app, ets" it just goes back to being denied. also curious as to which carrier you use and what network mode you have set. no matter which rom i try lineageos/aoisp i always have to set network to LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM if i want mobile network to connect properly. im using tmobile

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
thank you for the update. Curious as to which version of NikGapps you use (stock, full, etc). I flashed the full version but i seem to be having issues where google play services wants permission to sms/phone log but even if i go into permissions and grant it it will not stick, as soon as i leave the screen that says "always allow, only while using app, ets" it just goes back to being denied. also curious as to which carrier you use and what network mode you have set. no matter which rom i try lineageos/aoisp i always have to set network to LTE/TDSCDMA/GSM if i want mobile network to connect properly. im using tmobile
I use NikGapps full. I flashed the latest version (0918) with this rom, and haven't experienced any issues. You may want to try "clear all data". I sometimes have to do that with Android Auto when it refuses to connect to my head unit in the car.
I am on T-Mobile, and I use Preferred Network Type "NR Only" or "NR/LTE". I am in the Austin, TX area where we have 5G (that's the NR mode.)

P0weredByTECH

Sep 24, 2021
I use NikGapps full. I flashed the latest version (0918) with this rom, and haven't experienced any issues. You may want to try "clear all data". I sometimes have to do that with Android Auto when it refuses to connect to my head unit in the car.
I am on T-Mobile, and I use Preferred Network Type "NR Only" or "NR/LTE". I am in the Austin, TX area where we have 5G (that's the NR mode.)
thanks ill try that. The permission issue with google play services seems to have fixed itself too

Reactions: JoeF2
Sep 22, 2021
D:\ptools>fastboot update lineage-18.1-20210603-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
-----------------------------------------
引导加载程序版本...:
基带版本.....:
序列号…………:044eff26
-----------------------------------------
将 android-info.txt (0 MB) 提取到 RAM...
将当前插槽设置为 'a' OKAY [ 0.003s]
将 boot.img (96 MB) 解压到磁盘...耗时 0.341 秒
存档不包含“boot.sig”
发送 'boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [2.124s]
写“boot_a”OKAY [0.334s]
将 dtbo.img (24 MB) 解压到磁盘...耗时 0.064s
存档不包含“dtbo.sig”
发送 'dtbo' (24576 KB) OKAY [ 0.538s]
写 'dtbo' OKAY [0.101s]
存档不包含“dt.img”
存档不包含“pvmfw.img”
存档不包含“recovery.img”
将 vbmeta.img (0 MB) 解压到磁盘...耗时 0.001 秒
存档不包含“vbmeta.sig”
发送 'vbmeta' (8 KB) OKAY [0.014s]
编写“vbmeta”OKAY [0.002s]
将 vbmeta_system.img (0 MB) 解压到磁盘...耗时 0.001 秒
存档不包含“vbmeta_system.sig”
发送 'vbmeta_system' (4 KB) OKAY [0.010s]
编写“vbmeta_system”OKAY [0.002s]
存档不包含“vendor_boot.img”
存档不包含“super_empty.img”
存档不包含“boot_other.img”
将 odm.img (2 MB) 解压到磁盘...耗时 0.009 秒
存档不包含“odm.sig”
发送 'odm' (2888 KB) OKAY [ 0.066s]
写入“odm”失败(远程:“分区号”
没有找到')
快速启动:错误:命令失败

网上刷错了,有解决办法吗?谢谢你。
Hello I am getting an error when I am running this update Please see attached

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    149.2 KB · Views: 50

Dopewaffles

Feb 2, 2020
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
A new build, lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
As before, I just built it from other peoples' sources. All credit goes to TeamHydra and the LineageOS team.
I have a question about updating. I originally installed this ROM back in April so its definitely been a while. Now that you've released an update, I am interested in flashing the update. How would I go about doing that? Would I dirty flash over the older version of the ROM that is on there now? Thanks!

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
How to do this with TWRP TWRP is working on the OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren so there any update threads for that
There is a TWRP build for the phone, but it doesn't do decryption, nor the fastbootd stuff. That's why you only boot it, you don't flash it as recovery. You only need to boot it to install Gapps and stuff like Magisk. There is a thread for the unofficial twrp build. Don't have the link handy right now.
Update: The link is in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-root-oneplus-7t-pro-mclaren-5g-t-mobile-version-hd1925.4021325/
First post, #5 bullet point. That's the twrp I am using.

Last edited:

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I have a question about updating. I originally installed this ROM back in April so its definitely been a while. Now that you've released an update, I am interested in flashing the update. How would I go about doing that? Would I dirty flash over the older version of the ROM that is on there now? Thanks!
I had one of the old builds, and I just dirty-flashed. I have continued to dirty-flash. Just install a recent Gapps version.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
A new build, lineage-18.1-20211109-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
I am likely going to try using another device tree eventually. There are several more recent ones. I am experimenting a bit right now.

There is a TWRP build for the phone, but it doesn't do decryption, nor the fastbootd stuff. That's why you only boot it, you don't flash it as recovery. You only need to boot it to install Gapps and stuff like Magisk. There is a thread for the unofficial twrp build. Don't have the link handy right now.
Update: The link is in this thread: https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-root-oneplus-7t-pro-mclaren-5g-t-mobile-version-hd1925.4021325/
First post, #5 bullet point. That's the twrp I am using.
I haven't tested it yet but this one claims to have functional decryption? It seems not many people are aware of it.

I tried it out last week, decryption didn't work for me. The thread only says it works for OOS. They don't mention LineageOS.
What about this one? It's a newer TWRP version. (3-5-2_11 vs 3-5-1_10) It doesn't specifically mention the McLaren edition but it's in the cross dev category they should be about the same right? Minus the 5G modem the hardware is identical.

EDIT: Page 5 someone said "I can confirm this is working on the OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren" Might be worth looking into.

Last edited:

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
What about this one? It's a newer TWRP version. (3-5-2_11 vs 3-5-1_10) It doesn't specifically mention the McLaren edition but it's in the cross dev category they should be about the same right? Minus the 5G modem the hardware is identical.

EDIT: Page 5 someone said "I can confirm this is working on the OnePlus 7t Pro McLaren" Might be worth looking into.
That person also said OxygenOS (OOS). From what I can gather, it seems OOS still uses full device encryption (FDE), which is deprecated by Google. LineageOS for current devices uses FBE. There's a different codebase for FDE, and TWRP would have to have FBE enabled to work for LineageOS-based systems. When LineageOS changed to FBE for the OnePlus 5T, I forked the device tree and added FDE back in (the OP5T is my backup phone for when I mess up the 7T.) For TWRP for the 5T all that was needed was setting a flag to re-enable FDE. I'm busy at work, and going to travel a lot in Dec. and Jan., so I may not get to check the TWRP code out for a while.

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
A new build, lineage-18.1-20211109-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
I am likely going to try using another device tree eventually. There are several more recent ones. I am experimenting a bit right now.
A new build, lineage-18.1-20220225-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip As before, I just built it from other peoples' sources. All credit goes to TeamHydra and the LineageOS team.

Reactions: sabresfan

JoeF2

Jan 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Reactions: sabresfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build uploaded. I recommend everyone to update to it as it addresses the last few bugs i'm aware of and all the LOS specific features are fully merged
    A new build, lineage-18.1-20210808-UNOFFICIAL-hotdogg.zip
    Yeah i have the mclaren but my 7t does work with verizon on custom roms and my mclaren works with verizon on oos.
    I personally don't care. I have T-Mobile and I only care that it runs on my phone with a T-Mobile SIM. If it works with other sims, fine, but I won't ever test with Verizon because I never will use any Verizon stuff. To me, they are evil. Sorry, but that's how I feel. My build, my opinion.
    This is Open Source. You are free to test it yourself, but I won't test it, nor fix any issues. Period. It Works For me (TM).
    I just posted the ROM to give people options. I don't do tech support. I am way too busy with my real life. Know what you are doing. You should anyway if you are rooting a phone and flashing a custom ROM. I bricked phones lots of times over the decade+ I've been building and flashing ROMs, I learned how to unbrick them. Google is your friend.
    Sorry if it sounds elitist or arrogant. My real life takes precedence over online stuff. I have a real life...
    Thanks man, just showed my appreciation via PayPal. Happy Thanksgiving! This build rocks. Passes safetynet with props module spoofing a Oneplus 8. Or you wouldn't be getting that stuffing! Stable as hell, everything working for me so far. Happy Holidays to all
    Please change to something other than Mega. or might as well delete this thread.