[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy M30s

Search This thread

Arya1999

Feb 12, 2021
Awesome Rom..

There has been development going for galaxy A51, in its custom/aosp roms ig volte works and both have almost similar specs and soc. So can it not be implemented in m30s ??
It's an request bro..

vbalter1964

Dec 12, 2019
Hi Santosh
I would like to install the last lineage rom on my M30s.
It has the latest stock rom UJ1, is the available TWRP suitable for it?
May you include a detailed guide step by step for TWRP installation including the link of the file to use?
Reading in various forum I found different way to do it.
-1) Unlock the phone (few site are indicating only to change the relevant set inside developer option, others are also asking for an additional procedure requesting switch on/off in special mode)
2)Install VBmeta (not all site are asking for that)
3) format (what?)
4) Install TWRP (whic I have to download, many version are around patched and no patched)
5)Format
6) Install DM-Verity ForceEncrypt disabler (not all the site ask for that)
7) Finally install Lineage and GAPPS (64 bit or no)

Thanks for your help

Arya1999

Feb 12, 2021
Hi santhoosh...
Due to water drop notch in m30s, the network traffic indicator is not visible at all..Is there something i can do to shift it ?

Mar 11, 2016
Update Notice ;)
Check the OP download link for Stable version, This update comes with Vendor included. Make sure to backup before flashing.
Hello bro I need urgent help. I flashed this on android 11 latest vendor. I first unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, wiped data, flashed your rom, flashed magisk, forced decryptt, gapps, and now i am stuck at the samsung logo with a warning at the bottom. nothing is working, i cannot go to recovery or download mode. if i press vol down+power it restarts and gets stuck there again. if i put a charging cable and then press vol down+power then it gets stuck at a charging logo. pls help bro its my only phone

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi, the last release is only for simple SIM, confirmed with my dual SIM version, 307FN.

Latest Build: lineage-18.1-20211224-UNOFFICIAL-m307f.zip [check Gdrive]
-For Magisk Flash the boot.img from magisk_bootimage [check Gdrive]

lineage-18.1-20211224-UNOFFICIAL-m307f.zip [Gdrive]
- Overall Performance Improvement
- Synced latest lineageos sources
- December month patch

Hello bro I need urgent help. I flashed this on android 11 latest vendor. I first unlocked bootloader, flashed twrp, wiped data, flashed your rom, flashed magisk, forced decryptt, gapps, and now i am stuck at the samsung logo with a warning at the bottom. nothing is working, i cannot go to recovery or download mode. if i press vol down+power it restarts and gets stuck there again. if i put a charging cable and then press vol down+power then it gets stuck at a charging logo. pls help bro its my only phone

Arya1999

Feb 12, 2021
Hi, the last release is only for simple SIM, confirmed with my dual SIM version, 307FN.

- December month patch
Where is the Gdrive link bro ?

santhoosh

- December month patch

You need to wipe the product partition in twrp, ill update a new build later today

santhoosh

lineage-18.1-20220108-UNOFFICIAL-m307f[n].zip [Gdrive]
- Added support for M307FN with NFC
- Implemented lineage livedisplay
- Minor bug fixes and improvement
- Magisk included

lineage-18.1-20211224-UNOFFICIAL-m307f.zip
- December month patch

lineage-18.1-20211114-UNOFFICIAL-m30s.zip
- Fixed Hotspot
Bugs: volte/vowifi

Guys check the New update, old builds are removed. use only the latest build which properly booting and working.
Join the telegram group for more updates "https://t.me/SamsungGalaxyM30SOfficial"
Send me bug reports to "https://t.me/Santhoosh" and don't ask me (how to) or root/flashing/other issues.
Thanks 😎

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013

!nvoker

Dec 26, 2020
Im testing latest FN build,

*Hotspot not work.

*Auto Brightnes not work.

Great rom Santoosh, Thank you.

Note : MagiskHide Props config, device simulation Samsung S10 SM-G973F Europe, Widevine L1 support and Netflix 1080p working fine.

Screenshot_20220117-173053_Netflix.png Screenshot_20220117-173118_Settings.png Screenshot_20220117-173648_Google_Play_Store.png

Last edited by a moderator:

santhoosh

Im testing latest FN build,

*Hotspot not work.

*Auto Brightnes not work.

Great rom Santoosh, Thank you.

Note : MagiskHide Props config, device simulation Samsung S10 SM-G973F Europe, Widevine L1 support and Netflix 1080p working fine.

View attachment 5510807 View attachment 5510809 View attachment 5510811

Thanks for the feedback, Hotspot is working its kernel dependent(give me logs if still having issues)
Auto brightness will not be implemented since m30s don't have light sensor

Reactions: !nvoker

!nvoker

Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the feedback, Hotspot is working its kernel dependent(give me logs if still having issues)
Auto brightness will not be implemented since m30s don't have light sensor
Problem solved, next reboot working fine.

Hey Santoosh pls update your lineage build 18.1 to 19. Im waited next build. my phone working fine, thank you.

sorry my english bad, ım write to google translate.

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all.

WARNING...

Do not update new Magisk 24.1 fron the app, i has been briked my phone.

Only apear "This phone is not running official Samsung software...."

Can not enter in download mode, recovery mode.

I has been read that can be solved, uncharge battery and later charge but not power on, and i can enter in download mode and flash official rom.

Again warning with Magisk 24.1, do not install.

Regards.

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi, my phone is again in the life...

Regards.
Hi all.

WARNING...

Do not update new Magisk 24.1 fron the app, i has been briked my phone.

Only apear "This phone is not running official Samsung software...."

Can not enter in download mode, recovery mode.

I has been read that can be solved, uncharge battery and later charge but not power on, and i can enter in download mode and flash official rom.

Again warning with Magisk 24.1, do not install.

Regards.

r.m.fsm

Mar 27, 2022
Hello Santhoosh and all,
thanks a lot for this!
Tried to get it installed on my m30s, but I am not able to run the fastboot mode, I tried using the adb cli, the phone enters the green download screen and does never return from there; I canceled after about 1h. Am I doing something wrong, can anybody help?
And will this device be added to the official supported ones at any time?
Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage0.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy M30s
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot
    Downloads :

Lineage OS 18.1 [Gdrive]
    TWRP [Gdrive]
    Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Donate
    A little donation will make my server up and running for future development, Thanks

PayPal

XDA DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy M30s

Contributors

santhoosh

Source Code: https://github.com/GalaxyM30s

ROM OS Version: 11

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-12-25
    Last Updated 2022-01-08
    lineage-18.1-20220108-UNOFFICIAL-m307f[n].zip [Gdrive]
    - Added support for M307FN with NFC
    - Implemented lineage livedisplay
    - Minor bug fixes and improvement
    - Magisk included

lineage-18.1-20211224-UNOFFICIAL-m307f.zip
    - December month patch

lineage-18.1-20211114-UNOFFICIAL-m30s.zip
    - Fixed Hotspot
    Bugs: volte/vowifi
    Hii this rom is not official this is the reason we will find many bugs such as when we shutdown and charge phone it automatically goes to download mode and battery backup is very poor and phone overheat on normal use and fingerprint sensor is very slow thank you
    I recommend not to flash this, I'm making a fully working stable rom. You can expect anytime soon. So please wait for the stable release.
    Hey @santhoosh I installed the ROM. It is working fine. However, I am not able to install magisk. Do you have instructions on how to do it please? Thank you:)
    Install twrp for lineage os through odin (link in first post) In Twrp reboot to recovery to gain root. Or You can extract the tar file and install recovery in existing custom recovery then reboot to recovery
    @santhoosh Good Jobs, opengapps 11 may be not works right now with this rom but I used NIKGAPPS and it works. I like to hear new update :)