[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy M30s[Discontinued]

Search This thread

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all, please a step by step instruction for install this rom? currently in last m307FN stock rom.

I do not understand the steps in TWRP tread.
Soy muy torpe...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021
Best ROM FOR daily usage. Everything works smoothly. Its better than prish os in terms of performance and speed and much more reliable. MTP also works now in lineage os. Prish os is full of bugs and bloatware. Use lineage and its derivatives instead of prish os.

Reactions: santhoosh

santhoosh

Hey @santhoosh I installed the ROM. It is working fine. However, I am not able to install magisk. Do you have instructions on how to do it please? Thank you:)
Install twrp for lineage os through odin (link in first post) In Twrp reboot to recovery to gain root. Or You can extract the tar file and install recovery in existing custom recovery then reboot to recovery

Sep 24, 2021
Hey @santhoosh I installed the ROM. It is working fine. However, I am not able to install magisk. Do you have instructions on

Hey @santhoosh I installed the ROM. It is working fine. However, I am not able to install magisk. Do you have instructions on how to do it please? Thank you:)
Hi follow these steps:
1) download Odin provided at first page
2) download "twrp-lineageos-magisk_patched.tar " also provided at first page
3) shut down your phone. go to download mode : press and hold volume up and volume down keys together.
4) while pressing these keys connect your phone to PC using USB cable
5) release all keys as soon as download mode appear

6) Now run the odin. Uncheck auto reboot in odin. Flash the twrp-lineageos-magisk_patched.tar in AP

Magisk will be installed but may not appear in icon menu. Download magisk manager from github. Install it and run it. It will ask to restart. Restart your phone. Done.
Sometimes you have to reboot into recovery in twrp to get magisk working. Don't know if it a bug in magisk or twrp.

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all, now has been installed LOS in my dual SIM versión, all work aparently correctly.

Only a warning but also this warning apear in other pones with LOS.

Thanks to DEV.

Regards.

Zobbster

Feb 14, 2013
I've been running the latest version of this rom for a few weeks now as my daily driver. It's smooth, clean and everything I've tried works perfectly. Battery life is vastly improved over stock and other custom roms, at least the couple I've tried. I'm very impressed.

That said, I've encountered two very tiny issues that you might want to be aware of:
1. The fingerprint device isn't detected in a couple of apps (Keepass2Android, for example)
2. Not sure if this is a bug, or I'm doing something wrong, but despite 'Tap to wake' being enabled in the display settings, the device will not wake and the power button needs to be pressed ('Tap to sleep' works fine).

Again, absolutely love your work santhoosh!

View attachment 5167595
LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy M30s
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot
Downloads :

Reporting Bugs :
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Donate
A little donation will make my server up and running for future development, Thanks

PayPal

XDA DevDB Information
[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy M30s

Contributors

santhoosh

Source Code: https://github.com/santhosh6194

ROM OS Version: 11

Version Information
Stable

Created 2020-12-25
Last Updated 2021-11-14
Amazing work bro

Arya1999

Feb 12, 2021
Its because of samsung we can't use volte on custom roms. The OneUI framework has the volte features which cannot be ported to other aosp roms unlike other devices.
In that case, i won't be buying samsung phones ever.
So then M30s will never have volte features in its gsi and custom roms ??
By the way hats off for your work brother...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage0.png

LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy M30s
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot
    Downloads :

Lineage OS 18.1 [Gdrive]
    TWRP [Gdrive]
    Reporting Bugs :
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Donate
    A little donation will make my server up and running for future development, Thanks

PayPal

XDA DevDB Information
    [ROM] LineageOS 18.1 for Galaxy M30s

Contributors

santhoosh

Source Code: https://github.com/GalaxyM30s

ROM OS Version: 11

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-12-25
    Last Updated 2022-01-08
    lineage-18.1-20220108-UNOFFICIAL-m307f[n].zip [Gdrive]
    - Added support for M307FN with NFC
    - Implemented lineage livedisplay
    - Minor bug fixes and improvement
    - Magisk included

lineage-18.1-20211224-UNOFFICIAL-m307f.zip
    - Overall Performance Improvement
    - Synced latest lineageos sources
    - December month patch

lineage-18.1-20211114-UNOFFICIAL-m30s.zip
    - Fixed Hotspot
    Bugs: volte/vowifi
    Hii this rom is not official this is the reason we will find many bugs such as when we shutdown and charge phone it automatically goes to download mode and battery backup is very poor and phone overheat on normal use and fingerprint sensor is very slow thank you
    I recommend not to flash this, I'm making a fully working stable rom. You can expect anytime soon. So please wait for the stable release.
    Install twrp for lineage os through odin (link in first post) In Twrp reboot to recovery to gain root. Or You can extract the tar file and install recovery in existing custom recovery then reboot to recovery
    @santhoosh Good Jobs, opengapps 11 may be not works right now with this rom but I used NIKGAPPS and it works. I like to hear new update :)