- Nov 23, 2014
LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy Z Flip 4G
/* * Your warranty may be void depending on the place you live. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, sms etc)
- Wifi and USB tethering
- 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
- HW encoding/decoding
- Cameras (both of them)
- HWcomposer (HWC)
- Screens (both of them)
- VoLTE and VoWIFI (and won't be implemented anytime soon)
- SELinux is set to permissive in this first build.
- Small outer cover screen has touch x and y axis swapped. (to swipe left, you must swipe up etc)
- Opening the fold wakes the phone up, but closing it doesn't put it to sleep (android does this assuming you want to use it with outer screen, but on flip this is impractical)
- Wireless Powershare (not implemeted yet)
Make sure you are on OneUI3.1 F700FXXU4DUB4 firmware (latest at the time of writing this). Older or newer ones may or may not work, this it what's tested.
- Carefully follow all instructions flashing the LineageOS recovery image in this thread, including decrypting the filesystem.
- Format data from los recovery again.
- Download and ADB sideload LineageOS zip, and (optionally) opengapps & Magisk(yes, the .apk). You can push them into internal storage but after decrypting that won't be accessible until first reboot so to avoid a mess it's best to sideload. Hit yes if the recovery asks you anything about missing signature verification.
- Reboot and profit?
- It may be possible to not have to decrypt the filesystem in order to use this, but personally i've never tried it.
- If you run into any issues regarding the rom itself (bootloops, crashes etc) try a clean flash without gapps or magisk and see if they occur again. Some meme versions of gapps and/or magisk can sometimes cause problems. If you still have them, post about it here.
- In the same downloads folder i have uploaded a kernel with the cover screen's touchscreen disabled since accidental touches can start getting annoying.If future me got lazy and uploaded it in .img format, place the kernel on the root of /sdcard/ and run this command from adb shell in los recovery (after enabling it in advanced tab)
dd if=/sdcard/disabled_covertouch_F700F.img of=/dev/block/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc/by-name/boot
Kernel source code
Big thankies to @Vaughnn for his S10e sources this was largely based upon and for general help in the process of this rom's development. It wouldn't have been possible without him.
@Ivan_Meler for being a great friend, a great seal, and for suffering through my various...mishaps regarding this and many other endeavours.