[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 for S10E/S10/S10+ Exynos

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2012
Vukovar
Awesome. Thanks Ivan.
Now we just need a proper camera for AOSP based roms, one that would allow us two use at least 2 cameras on our phones. That is truly almost the last barrier for me to be able to fully switch to a more aosp rom. I'm not a photographer or not even a camera user that much, but when I do need to take a photo of something, I'ld like it to work the way it's supposed to.
I guess this is the worst part about moving to aosp in general, not just for me. Plus banking or nfc payment solutions.
all cameras do work with apps that support it (gcam port with libs, or open camera on its own)
as for nfc payments they also work just fine if you pass safetynet which you can do with a magisk module

Stamzrat10

Nov 28, 2020
all cameras do work with apps that support it (gcam port with libs, or open camera on its own)
as for nfc payments they also work just fine if you pass safetynet which you can do with a magisk module
But Ivan, how could we pass safteynet on your lineage 18 if the signature spoofing doesn't work (with fakegapps and all the mods that work on your lineage 17)?

I am on your lineage 17.1 and absolutely loving it. I want to move to 18, but when I did in the past I couldn't activate signature spoofing

perxeus

Jan 22, 2011
Frankfurt
newest version as of 06.01.2021 works like a charm. So is with the TWRP and Magisk Boot.

Thanks Ivan.

The only thing I never got to work is GCam - what sources do you use?

Solved:
* GCam needs Gapps or GCam_Services _Provider.apk
* good website is https://www.celsoazevedo.com - check Zoran for Exynos compatible versions

Last edited:
Reactions: starbright_

hornedfiend

Aug 24, 2010
Bucharest
Really? I had no idea that's even possible, cause I couldn't find any libs that will give me the possibility to use my wide angle camera on my S10e (G970F), but to be fair I didn't try open camera.
As far as nfc payments are concerned, I use microg, which doesn't really work with them atm because of safetynet but I guess I could go the less private gapps way and block them at network level. There are solutions, however they are a hassle to work with and much bigger pain to maintain.

Edit: @Ivan_Meler would be awesome and highly appreciated if you could share those libs

topro

Mar 20, 2010
First of all thank you so much for your great work that makes us enjoy our S10(e) so much more.

There is only one thing that's really annoying and I keep asking myself if I'm doing anything wrong. With this ROM my S10e will randomly recreate a new random MAC address for my stored WIFI connections, and as opposed to how it is documented for AOSP this Lineage port has no configuration option to use fixed MAC for a stored WIFI connection. Am I missing something or are others experiencing similar behaviour?

Is there anything I could do to have my phone reliably use fixed MAC for my home WIFI?

inzane

Sep 21, 2007
I'm thinkin' of switching to another ROM, because I can't get Android Auto to work on Lineage 18 and I just really need it.

Anyone had any luck?

Mugzi

Apr 5, 2013
Any time line for VoLTE and VoWiFi? Apparently all the major carriers in the United States plan to drop devices from their network on Jan 29th that don't support VoLTE/VoWIFI. BTW you're awesome and thanks for your time and effort working on this!

perxeus

Jan 22, 2011
Frankfurt
Help needed!!

I tried to update Magisk (as suggest today by the 8.0.5 magisk manager) with the beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img image in boot and TWRP in recovery

- it bricked my phone
- no chance to get to bootload mode, recovery or regular system start or even shut down
- no combo is working
- stuck in the Samsung start screen

[Solved] - after continous operation the battery was empty and shut off the phone. After that I could start with recovery Combo and had access to TWRP reflashing Ivans boot image. That worked.

Do not update Magisk currently!

Last edited:

Stamzrat10

Nov 28, 2020
Help needed!!

I tried to update Magisk (as suggest today by the 8.0.5 magisk manager) with the beyond2lte-boot-magisk.img image in boot and TWRP in recovery

- it bricked my phone
- no chance to get to bootload mode, recovery or regular system start or even shut down
- no combo is working
- stuck in the Samsung start screen

[Solved] - after continous operation the battery was empty and shut off the phone. After that I could start with recovery Combo and had access to TWRP reflashing Ivans boot image. That worked.

Do not update Magisk currently!
Out don't update magisk by your own when using Ivan's boot image, you should've read it. You could only update it if using the the older recovery file which overwrites TWRP.

To user Topro above, that MAC address changing sounds kinda awesome haha. You could download a MAC address changing app and fix it.

I just hope that Ivan implements the signature spoofing. His roms are awesome, I'm currently using 17.1 because I can't spoof signature on android 11

Reactions: hornedfiend
Oct 22, 2016
Hey, does this flash successfully when you're currently on Android 11 (One UI 3)?

I managed to flash this using One UI 2, (long story short) I re-flashed the stock ROM again & upgraded to One UI 3 & was wondering if this would work too (since the first step is to check if we're on the Q firmware and that "This should also work on higher versions as long Samsung doesn’t significantly change bootloader trust zone bits").

Edit: it does.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2016
Good job, LineageOS 18.1 is running perfectly on my G970F (which was upgraded from One UI 3 Android 11). TWRP 3.5.0 also is flashed correctly.

Bugs (to help development):
1. So far, I've found that the audio is inverted: the top earpiece speaker is handling bass while bottom firing one is very tiny and lacks bass. I'm not sure if the other S10 variants are not affected by this, but my S10e is.
2. Another "bug" is the status bar margins (I'm not sure if I can fix this in the settings) Either way, congratulations to the amazing developer(s) that put time and effort on this totally for free for the community to enjoy. Really appreciated!

Edit: Galaxy wereable app also doesn't work (says that my device OS was changed and **** -- thats scummy samsung) - buds+ still connect & work normally but I can't just change any settings in app. I'm sure I could fix this by changing build.prop to an HTC or something (the way playstore sees your phone) but I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

El3ndil

Jan 17, 2021
@Ivan_Meler quick tip: this solution works for signature spoofing https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/signature-spoofing-on-unsuported-android-11-r-roms.4214143/. I got it running on my G970F.
Maybe there's a way to have it integrated into the rom, but it's very easy to achieve without it.
I am doing experiments on my old phone (lg g6) and lineage os before doing something stupid on my main phone (s10e) since I am not much of an expert in modding

I was able to enable spoofing by just flashing using twrp NanoDroid-patcher from here

There are also other versions that include microg, fdroid and other things, but the patcher version only fixes the fingerprint problem.

Just a curiosity: can magisk also be flashed as usually by twrp (using the official zip release)?