[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
*/

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
  • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
  • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Downloads
Official builds
Unofficial builds: sourceforge

Last edited:
It's just driving me nuts. I can't install the setup wizard on BiTGApps-arm-10.0.0-R17_signed.zip, although setup-config.prop is in the root directory of the internal sd card as it should be. I reported the problem to the developer of BiTGApps about a year ago and it still continues unsolved. Maybe I'm making some mistake or else I'll just have to wait for OpenGApps for Android R ...

Last edited:

crsNNN

Dec 4, 2013
I tried it earlier and the internet does not work with the mobile network.

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Flashed the new R firmware today and it's magic! R for the G2 D802:laugh::good: I also installed BitGapps https://bitgapps.cf/arm/R/

My first experience (without a simcard in it). It feels snappy and that's great news. Wifi is working fine and streaming through bluetooth with TuneIn radio app is also working fine. Great start!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

It's just driving me nuts. I can't install the setup wizard on BiTGApps-arm-10.0.0-R17_signed.zip, although setup-config.prop is in the root directory of the internal sd card as it should be. I reported the problem to the developer of BiTGApps about a year ago and it still continues unsolved. Maybe I'm making some mistake or else I'll just have to wait for OpenGApps for Android R ...

You are using the wrong version. Use BitGapps for Android 11 (see link in my other post). Working fine for me with this version.

Last edited:
Flashed the new R firmware today and it's magic! R for the G2 D802:laugh::good: I also installed BitGapps https://bitgapps.cf/arm/R/

My first experience (without a simcard in it). It feels snappy and that's great news. Wifi is working fine and streaming through bluetooth with TuneIn radio app is also working fine. Great start!

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

U are using the wrong version. Use BitGapps for Android 11 (see link in my other post). Working fine for me with this version.

I was tired. I think I copied the wrong file name. I think it was the right version. Did you use the setup wizard? Did it work for you?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

U are using the wrong version. Use BitGapps for Android 11 (see link in my other post). Working fine for me with this version.

I just tried it again with BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R17_signed.zip. Same thing - setup wizard just doesn't work, but thanks anyway for trying to help me ...

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
I was tired. I think I copied the wrong file name. I think it was the right version. Did you use the setup wizard? Did it work for you?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

I just tried it again with BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R17_signed.zip. Same thing - setup wizard just doesn't work, but thanks anyway for trying to help me ...

Yes, no problem with setup wizard. My phone is D802

Yes, no problem with setup wizard. My phone is D802

Thanks so much. I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong here. Do you place setup-config.prop in the root directory of the internal sd card? Is it there along with BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R17_signed.zip and maybe other files or do you just place the two BiTGApps files there?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong ...

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Just to be sure, I'm talking about the Google Setup (see picture) not the Lineage Setup Wizard ...

Ah, ok, i was misguided by your first post (as you stated to had installed BitGapps for 10.). I was convinced that this must have been the reason for your trouble with the setup wizard. And I'm talking about the Lineage setup wizard. You are right that Google setup wizard is not shown with BitGapps.

Ah, ok, i was misguided by your first post (as you stated to had installed BitGapps for 10.). I was convinced that this must have been the reason for your trouble with the setup wizard. And I'm talking about the Lineage setup wizard. You are right that Google setup wizard is not shown with BitGapps.

Thanks so much for your help ...

60nine

You must install Magisk Canary build to work with Android 11 (Google for instructions)

thanks... btw is magisk even needed for root in Lineage roms or does Lineage have it's own root of some kind already inplemented?

i'm kinda off with all the info since i'm not using G2 as a daily driver but i have it laying around for testing and it has RR 5.8.5 installed at the moment

computerofil

Mar 25, 2020
Moscow
I can't find the power management slider on LOS 18. The battery Manager shows very high consumption. Where can I now manage power consumption as in LOS 17.1? Now I am using LOS 18, BitGapps, Magisk Canary.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Compass Linux , I use twrp on my d800. I've never used lineage recovery. I powered off my device and it charges while plugged in on latest d800 build 20220727 if that's what you mean by 'offline charging'.
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Downloads
    Official builds
    Unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues