• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Use the suggested gapps package.
note:
internal Lineage updater gives bootlops... it downloads the latest build without problem, reboots to recovery, flashes the build and then just keeps trying to boot... after some time - it boots in recovery again and stops...
only fix so far is to flash gapps again - then it boots normally again...

sorry if this was already posted...

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
@aleasto - sorry, but i guess you didn't quite get my post...
i thought that the inbuilt updater should update the rom without an additional step to flash the gapps again... i didn't see this mentioned anywhere (apart for the manual update via twrp)
The only way the Updater can know to flash gapps again is if the gapps package tells it to. The gapps package shall provide a shell script that reinstalls itself. Your gapps package is either not doing that, or its script is broken/outdated.

Reactions: 60nine

60nine

thanks... makes more sense now...
so which are the latest gapps to use? the official ones? (if they exist)
i've used r19 so far (this was the first time i've tried inbuilt updater - usually i'd just download a new build and flash everything via twrp manually)

one question extra - gapps have to be on the device or the updater somehow skips or downloads them if they're not present?

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
thanks... makes more sense now...
so which are the latest gapps to use? the official ones? (if they exist)
i've used r19 so far (this was the first time i've tried inbuilt updater - usually i'd just download a new build and flash everything via twrp manually)
one question extra - gapps have to be on the device or the updater somehow skips or downloads them if they're not present?
If you use a proper gapps package, you don't have to think about it.
You don't need the zip downloaded, everything necessary to reinstall is already installed in the system partition.

Reactions: 60nine

gordon55

Jan 29, 2014
Hi there.
1st, many thx. for providing this update for the good old G2.
Actually I have a problem with the 18.1 on LG G2 32GB: wifi is not connecting ...

What I did :
  • having 17.1 updated.
  • follow procedure to update to 18.1 via adb
  • G2 rebooted, but no wifi connection ... SSID are shown, passwords entered, but no connection
  • ok, clean install of 18.1 ... same problem, even in setup the wifi is not connected.
  • test with clean install of 17.1 from March 25th : ok, wifi is connected even in setup.
I took a logcat on both 18.1 and 17.1 installations. There I see the connected in 17.1, but not in 18.1 ??
OK, I'm not an expert on logcat, although pretty familiar with adb ...

I'd apprciate any advice, if there is any information I should provide, pls. let me know.
Thx. in advance

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi there.
1st, many thx. for providing this update for the good old G2.
Actually I have a problem with the 18.1 on LG G2 32GB: wifi is not connecting ...

What I did :
  • having 17.1 updated.
  • follow procedure to update to 18.1 via adb
  • G2 rebooted, but no wifi connection ... SSID are shown, passwords entered, but no connection
  • ok, clean install of 18.1 ... same problem, even in setup the wifi is not connected.
  • test with clean install of 17.1 from March 25th : ok, wifi is connected even in setup.
I took a logcat on both 18.1 and 17.1 installations. There I see the connected in 17.1, but not in 18.1 ??
OK, I'm not an expert on logcat, although pretty familiar with adb ...

I'd apprciate any advice, if there is any information I should provide, pls. let me know.
Thx. in advance
Well, let's start by sharing the logcat

IT Tech

the infrared emitter seems doesn't work .. someone has the same problem ?

is there an infrared remote app that works with 15 april build ?
Make sure the IR opening is not dirty or covered. There are many remote control apps on the play store that would work. I use a fairly sophisticated app called Touchsquid. I worked with the developers here and there for about five years troubleshooting and helping them improve the app as an end-user. Been using it for many years. It works with Global Cache devices and others (so you do not have to point your phone at a device like a TV, Cable Box, A/V Receiver etc.) and it will also control the LG G2 IR Transmitter.

Lamborghini61

Apr 6, 2018
In Lineage OS 18.1, I could not see this. It existed at 17.1. It is much better for me to enter recovery mode through the system. Because the physical keys are problematic.

60nine

In Lineage OS 18.1, I could not see this. It existed at 17.1. It is much better for me to enter recovery mode through the system. Because the physical keys are problematic.

if you want to enter recovery through the system itself - you can use an app for that (something like "advanced reboot", i can't remember the exact name on the store) - just be sure to use the app from the trusted developer since it uses SU permissions...

Lamborghini61

Apr 6, 2018
It could be opened via "Developer options". This feature would be nice to have now. I have not been using SU permissions for a long time and I am not planning to use it either. So I am waiting for now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    Next time try with suggested mind the gapps. It's maintained by lineage team. Link is in the wiki
    So, I did a clean install yesterday and used "Mind the gapps". I can recommend these gapps. Everything worked right away, which was not the case with the "bitgapps". Furthermore, I can see that the smartphone doesn't get so warm anymore and runs a bit more smoothly.
    I will test the Rom more closely in time, but I can assure you that it is great for everyday use.
    Thanks again for making my beloved LgG2 feel almost like a new smartphone.
    💪🏻👍🏻
    something about new update
    Open GApps 11 are available since yesterday: https://opengapps.org/
    Don't stay away too long, since we'll miss you ...
    Thank You Brother! I will be here on XDA and as I said I will still probably toy around with the G2 but seriously this phone is incredible. What a nice leap forward. Messing around with Samsung / Knox and learning, rooting/flashing roms is a challenge.
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues