[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

cauch_y

Nov 6, 2013
Hi, I've just updated from 17.1 to 18.1 with latest build, latest TWRP and mindTheGapps. Flashing went buttery smooth after restart I could unlock the encrypted device but after the boot I can't unlock the phone (with a PIN). It looks like the launcher is crashing. I can see the wallpaper for the moment and then it get backs to the PIN pad. I thought maybe I can go straight to the settings (with a cog from the drop down) but unfortunately it is not working (fails in the same way). Any chance it is fixable from the TWRP? Some cache cleaning?

EDIT

OK. SOLVED. I had to delete /data/system/locksettings.db (from the TWRP) to turn off the lock screen. Now everything seems fine (with new PIN).

Once again thanks a lot @aleasto for this great work.

Last edited:

gordon55

Jan 29, 2014
hi @aleasto,
actually I tested the new LOS image from yesterday ... no ... still wifi not working on my D802 ...
btw., do you had any chance to view the logcats ? anything "not normal" ?

I cheched the LOS 18.1 on another LG G2 ... 16GB ... unfortunately same problem : Wifi not connecting
am I doing something wrong? I am just flashing LOS recovery via dd, then reboot into recovery, reset and sideload LOS ...
no chance ... wifi does't connect.

appeciating any advice. Thx.

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
hi @aleasto,
actually I tested the new LOS image from yesterday ... no ... still wifi not working on my D802 ...
btw., do you had any chance to view the logcats ? anything "not normal" ?

I cheched the LOS 18.1 on another LG G2 ... 16GB ... unfortunately same problem : Wifi not connecting
am I doing something wrong? I am just flashing LOS recovery via dd, then reboot into recovery, reset and sideload LOS ...
no chance ... wifi does't connect.

appeciating any advice. Thx.
Your router exposes the WPA3 capability, the phone tries to use it and fails.
Will be fixed in the next build, by explicitly disabling WPA3 support on the g2.

gordon55

Jan 29, 2014
thank you very much @aleasto .
yep, I activated WPA3 on my router (FritzBox 7590) some time ago during last upgrade, as more and more of my devices support WPA3.
I verified this now by simply diabling WPA3 on my router, recreated the network definition on G2 ... now connects again at 433 Mbit/s via 5GHz, using WPA2.

btw, I assume that the network module on LG G2 does not support WPA3 anyway, does it ?

computerofil

Mar 25, 2020
Moscow
does anyone have problems with recent apps not showing when pressing recent apps navigation button (square) ? (i'm using Nova Launcher Prime - if that matters)
When i click on that button - nothing happens...
I am using Nova Launcher too and all it's OK with all buttons.
BTW: I am using Nova Launcher by default launcher and therefore I disabled Trebuchet. No problem.

Kadir_Li

Apr 21, 2021
Hi everybody, as a new and first time custom rom user, this is my first post in this forum. I flashed, firstly, LOS 17.1 to my LG G2 D802 (Int) with TWRP and connected to the Wi-Fi Eduroam (PEAP-MSCHAPV2) of my university. However, when I flashed LOS 18.1 to my phone last week, I cannot connect. It needs domain name. I tried some domains but failed. How can I overcome this problem? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Special thanks to developers also.

IT Tech

Feb 24, 2019
Hi everybody, as a new and first time custom rom user, this is my first post in this forum. I flashed, firstly, LOS 17.1 to my LG G2 D802 (Int) with TWRP and connected to the Wi-Fi Eduroam (PEAP-MSCHAPV2) of my university. However, when I flashed LOS 18.1 to my phone last week, I cannot connect. It needs domain name. I tried some domains but failed. How can I overcome this problem? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Sounds like you wiped out the Domain Credentials that were stored in the 17.1 ROM (that were working) when flashing the 18.1 ROM. The credentials / permission to connect to your university would come from the university. Check with the IT department or administrator of the university's network.

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
few days ago i've mentioned the inbuilt updater issue... after that - i've followed the @aleasto suggestion and used different gapps package...
previous April update went well without the need to manually flash the gapps again...

now - with the latest April build - the same problem occured... i had to manually flash both the gapps and the Magisk...

i guess i'll just have to do a full wipe and reinstall some day and start from scratch... since this is not my daily driver - i'm not that much bothered with some quirks here and there - i'm just reporting what happens...

Reactions: Kontolngaceng007

agrumpyone

Mar 13, 2020
Saxony
few days ago i've mentioned the inbuilt updater issue... after that - i've followed the @aleasto suggestion and used different gapps package...
previous April update went well without the need to manually flash the gapps again...

now - with the latest April build - the same problem occured... i had to manually flash both the gapps and the Magisk...

i guess i'll just have to do a full wipe and reinstall some day and start from scratch... since this is not my daily driver - i'm not that much bothered with some quirks here and there - i'm just reporting what happens...
hmm - have no problem with the updater. maybe your twrp is not the latest version or it has to do with magisk? if you don't need magisk, could you try without it?

Top Liked Posts

I wonder why the releases are called nightly? They're weekly!
    The build slaves still work every night, for different devices :)
    somehow he just doesn't get that for some of us LG G2 is not a primary device, nor even secondary or tertiary - but just a toy "to play with" on a side and to see how far will this old phone go in terms of new unofficial updates... for example - i'm using G2 mainly as a wake up alarm or rarely to browse the internet or watch youtube when my main device is charging...
    Time to move on dude?!!

Either give helpful advice or please stop posting. Your comments are often either about you being impatient for features / releases or you complain and complain, like anyone would have any obligation to do anything for you. Please reconsider when writing whether your post will be helpful or not.
    This is a developer's forum, not a social media platform.
    dude, seriously - what is your problem? why can't you just ignore this device subforum once and for all...
    somehow he just doesn't get that for some of us LG G2 is not a primary device, nor even secondary or tertiary - but just a toy "to play with" on a side and to see how far will this old phone go in terms of new unofficial updates... for example - i'm using G2 mainly as a wake up alarm or rarely to browse the internet or watch youtube when my main device is charging...

To be honest, I still use it as a daily driver (until the Pixel 6 hits the scene) and I am still impressed how well this device performs (especially with a new battery).
    So thanks again to @aleasto for their impressive work!
    I wonder why the releases are called nightly? They're weekly!
    The build slaves still work every night, for different devices :)
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    New builds up
    March security patch
    Yaay! Upgrade from 17.1 done with zero issues.
    Screenshot_20210401-103323_Settings.png
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone