[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
i've replaced the battery last year with a fairly new one and it holds 4 hours SOT without a problem (wifi only)... my G2 still looks like a new device, only few small scratches on the camera and washed out arrows on volume buttons :) (i also have my mother-in-law's d802 with broken screen for spare parts in case motherboard dies or something)

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
i've found out what was causing the multitasking button not working...
- if you use i.e. Nova Launcher as your default launcher - don't freeze Trebuchet (i.e. with Titanium Backup) because the navigation buttons will stop working as they should (especially the recent apps/multitasking button)

as soon as i've unfrost Trebuchet launcher - buttons worked again as they should... so now i wonder is this a Nova Launcher issue or system issue? anyway - i'm glad i've figured it out :)

Reactions: theelderstatesman

emergency 911

Mar 28, 2014
istanbul
Im using this rom roughly for a week and here is the results;

-gmail app very often checks for new e mails.
-3 to 5 times in a day phone freezes for 3 seconds.
-NFC scan time is increased (now takes 10 seconds it was like 5 sec).

+other things work perfect.

well done bro, you made it again.
LG G2 still lives thanks to you, it s like undead.
keep up the good work, many thanks.

Reactions: lowenergy

computerofil

Mar 25, 2020
Moscow
Yesterday I tried to install the lineage release 18.1-20210513-nightly-d802-signed.zip on my D802 phone through the update. I got an infinite download and then exit to TWRP. I downloaded this update manually and tried to install via TWRP - the result was the same even after 2 attempts. I was forced to download release 20210506, it was installed via TWRP without problems.

Last edited:

computerofil

Mar 25, 2020
Moscow
Somewhere I read that the terms master and slave will get substituted by others for racial concerns ...
Thank God in Russia there are no replacements because of some pseudo-norms. We say what we think, we only smile when we feel really good, and we tell the bad guy face to face that he's a bad guy. And if we praise, we praise for the real thing, and not because of political correctness. "Slave" was an Aleasto's joke and we understood each other.

Thank God in Russia there are no replacements because of some pseudo-norms. We say what we think, we only smile when we feel really good, and we tell the bad guy face to face that he's a bad guy. And if we praise, we praise for the real thing, and not because of political correctness. "Slave" was an Aleasto's joke and we understood each other.
Yes, I also understood it as a joke and I wasn't saying that I'm in favor of the new names - I just wanted to give you this information as such ...

Well,thank you. BTW: has anyone had a problem updating to version 20210513 like me?
I didn't. I backed up data partition, wiped everything except internal storage, installed the rom, BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R25_signed.zip, Magisk-f822ca5b(23001).zip, restored the data partition and booted back to system without problem. It works just fine ...

missile117

May 7, 2021
Paris
I didn't. I backed up data partition, wiped everything except internal storage, installed the rom, BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R25_signed.zip, Magisk-f822ca5b(23001).zip, restored the data partition and booted back to system without problem. It works just fine ...
Is it what one is supposed to do to update the rom? I always just plain install it without any other manipulation and I didn't encounter any major bug. I also wipe cache when it is proposed even though I don't even know what it means 😆

Is it what one is supposed to do to update the rom? I always just plain install it without any other manipulation and I didn't encounter any major bug. I also wipe cache when it is proposed even though I don't even know what it means 😆
I don't know, if it's what you're supposed to do, but it's the way I always do it ...

Last edited:
Reactions: missile117

computerofil

Mar 25, 2020
Moscow
Your method is cardinal, I would like something simpler. Before this release, all I had to do was click the "Update" button.

Reactions: theelderstatesman
Your method is cardinal, I would like something simpler. Before this release, all I had to do was click the "Update" button.
You're right - I forgot - I use this method, too, but only after a compatible OpenGApps package is released ... Anyway, it's not my method, I got it from @m0han ... This guy is a true master of the art ...

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
Idem,..!! Me too,..wait the next perfect ROM?! For the last on my LG G2 D802..

I still..use it for my daily driver?! I not install game etc,..just normal use.. social media n news..nothing else.

until 5G open in my country.. Indonesia..perhaps next year?!!

change to affordable mobile phone..NOT more than $500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why do you think we don't know the limits of our g2? we do... but you clearly don't get it...

and what's with the constant question marks in your sentences?

what are you trying to proof? and why do you CONSTANTLY do it here?

WE - DON'T - CARE
    hardware failure of what kind? everything was working well, last update also went well...

i'm using this device only for light surfing at home (wifi) and as an wake up alarm...

what to do now? go from scratch? (lg flash tool stock rom etc.)
    eMMC failure.

See if you have Recovery Mode access, otherwise if you are in fastboot mode flash Lineage Recovery via fastboot flash recovery <recovery.img>, otherwise Download Mode...
    ok, i'm up and running again...
    i had to do a full TOT reflash, that fastboot flash recovery command didn't work and since i had download mode - i went full monty with it...
    it was kinda nostalgic to see d802 on stock 4.4.2 Kitkat for a moment :) (i didn't have lollipop TOT image, just old Kitkat)

i've updated to stock Lollipop via LG Mobile Support tool and then used good old SRKtool2.1 to root and install (old) twrp...
    then i've updated twrp to latest, flashed new Lineage18 > gapps > magisk and voila... took me about an hour to do all of that (because i had to recall how to do it :D ), i just have to do all the setup again since the device is clean...

cheers all...
    Well,thank you. BTW: has anyone had a problem updating to version 20210513 like me?
    Cannot reproduce
    With the update 20210527, the sound in the Bluetooth headset was lost. In the volume menu, the selection of the playback device has disappeared when the Bluetooth headset is connected.
    Fixed in next build
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    New builds up
    March security patch
    Yaay! Upgrade from 17.1 done with zero issues.
    Screenshot_20210401-103323_Settings.png
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone