• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
This is the MOST Fantastic and phenomenal ROM on this phone (LG G2 D802) never in my life seen something like this.. which dev. FULLY SUPPORT us..

sadly my phone is broke,..NO HOPE to fix it.. NO HOPE to buy .. even 2nd thing.

So folks,..If u still have this and use this as ur daily driver.. U must be blessed guys,..

enjoy..

astalavista bebe..

salute to dev.team!!

AMartin8

Aug 24, 2019
Did any of you notice battery percentage in notification bar is gone?

I have 2x LG G2 side by side, both LOS18.1, one from April and other one from December and in this one I cannot see an option to turn on a battery percentage (I know that it's visible when charging or when drag down status bar, but percentage is not being seen in the status bar itself when doing other stuff on the mobile)

On April release it's there all the time though cannot see an option to turn it on/off as well. I might be too sleepy though...

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
This is the most an amazing rom and developer all the time in android history since 15 years ago!!

Keep it up bro..folks!!

Never in my live seen something like this..

The dev team commit to update this..

Thank you dev team,..

U dont need give an update anymore after next week..this year!!

Make the greatest update next week if you please..

We love LG UI btw.. but..hmmmfh?!

I dont like some LG Apps lost.. like an radio and magic remote!! That is so usefull for US!!

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
yes devs, please bring back all the LG apps to Lineage... something that is impossible to do since 5-6 years ago and first custom roms without LG stock binaries... while you're there - make X-Cam work as well, i know it's easy to do but devs so far didn't want to do it for some reason... <sarcasm off>
Agreed..!! Please dev.. for closing this year and this thread forum as well!! Please bring back ALL LG ORIGINAL APPS..they are amazing apps ever !!!

Eiion

Aug 2, 2015
Still running 17.1 on my G2 I'm debating if I should update to 18.1 (17.1 was my first "custom ROM" ever that I've installed on a phone so I'm a little bit scared of bricking this great phone).

I'm wondering if updating is worth it as in what would be the benefits, are there any (besides - likely only - security updates)?

I'd appreciate if someone could teach me something about it.

Eiion

Aug 2, 2015
G2 is unbrickable - you can just lost all of your data, so you better do a backup before doing any ROM flashing/reflashing...
I mean... I wouldn't say "unbrickable" considering all the bricked G2s back in the day. No need to backup - there's nothing important on the phone.
But, I'm still wondering what the benefits of updateing to 18.1 would be over sticking with 17.1. Aren't there any since you didn't mention even one?

Eiion

Aug 2, 2015
I decided to just go for it - and ran into a problem right away:

The instructions under "Special Requirements" say
WARNING: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest firmware available, that is Android Lollipop (5.0.2)
Since I'm running LineageOS 17.1 right now, does that mean I have to go back to original the firmware 5.0.2 before I can install 18.1? I've checked instructions for another device where that wasn't mentions as a requirement.
Further down it also says the the device has to be rooted first?
Either way, I'm confused about what to do - continue with the process by rooting and then what comes next further down on the instructions page or try to find firmware 5.0.2 before progressing with LineageOS 18.1 🤔

I mean, I only want to update from 17.1 to 18.1 - you really cant just update but have to go through that whole installing the original firmware and root again thing first?

EDIT: Forget everthing before - I was referring to the wrong wiki page. That was from the "/install" that is about installing LineageOS for the first time. The correct page is https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d802/upgrade with instructions to upgrade to a newer version if you already are on LineageOS.

So I guess the only question left is if I previously was using Open GApps on 17.1 does it pose an issue if I now go with MindTheGapps for 18.1?

EDIT 2: Apparently you can - the phone runs and no error notification so far. So that answers that I guess. Thanks Eiion for helping me out 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: BiG_FooT

Top Liked Posts

G2 is unbrickable - you can just lost all of your data, so you better do a backup before doing any ROM flashing/reflashing...
    yes devs, please bring back all the LG apps to Lineage... something that is impossible to do since 5-6 years ago and first custom roms without LG stock binaries... while you're there - make X-Cam work as well, i know it's easy to do but devs so far didn't want to do it for some reason... <sarcasm off>
    i wonder why...
    Amazing ! I'm starting to think that my G2 will outlive me!! Thanks to all devs! And happy new 2022 year to all!
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues