[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

e20140

May 12, 2009
(y)Big thanks to the developer as nightly build continues on the G2 (D800). Just installed the May 2022 update. No issue on the ROM itself for what I need. As for a working gapps. I used opengapps micro because nano didn't work for me.

i tried updating though recovery to latest
lineageos
opengapps but
magisk v24.3 by renaming .apk to .zip but did not work :(
what am i doing wrong?
View attachment 5618169
maybe my twrp is old? any newer?

edit: i took bot.img from lineage-18.1-20220519-nightly-d802-signed.zip
patched it in magisk
and flashed the img in twrp, and it worked
but why the zip did not flash? it was easier. what do i need to change?
Flash older release of magisk (ex 23.0)

Sep 12, 2020
I am using Verizon version of G2 VS980 and would like an updated build that would be really sweeet!
As the only options we have are Havoc OS 4.8 and this LineageOS18.1 from Nov 2021

I have figured many issues with my particular G2 VS980 phone and fixed them
I ran CPUFloat to see cores and temps and found a big issue with Battery Saver Modes
Since the Android 11 battery settings updated certain options do not work well with our old phones kernel

battery saver mode not compatible with kernel locks cores off and underclocks CPU too much and crashes
starts to build up heat on the processor over time even and ruins the phones performance
you can only see this with a CPU monitoring software such as CPUFloat

1. keep the battery setting on Efficiency
you get a lot better core management and temperature than balanced
it is similar to the Stock Kernels settings when phone shipped you can see how the CPU clocks so much better
2. Run KTweak App from Play Store it requires root run Balanced for KTweak not latency and do on Start up
changes just a few kernel parameters related to virtual memory and schedulers I find after some testing it is the perfect all in one kernel tweak and gives significant boost to background processes
3. must install old version Magisk 23.0 then you can update it all the way once you have phone rooted
4. in Developer Options turn on Background Processes Max Task Limit to 3 I find this is the setting that fixes issues when you turn Sync on and all the background Tasks take over the phone and cause SystemUI to crash
5. built in AOSP Camera on this ROM causes an issue where the microphone and camera get taken over and become unusable I think this also happens with recorder app as long as you don't open camera/recorder app and only use a 3rd party one it works fine I recommend the GCAM GO linked earlier in the thread

also using Sensors off Quick Settings tile to save battery life
remember to never use Battery Saver as this damages phone turn it off in settings
I use Airplane mode and Data Saver and Do Not Disturb and get 3 days mixed use on this phone
Turn on Battery Optimization for all Apps under applications section
remember to shut phone off when you charge and only when below 10% batt life and always go to at least %90 each charge to get best batt life

One other issue is that I do not think the Knock Knock ON double tap on the screen to turn on is not working right on this phone with this ROM for some reason maybe there is a way you can fix it but I am not sure it would be cool if anyone could provide a fix for the Knock Knock not working I think we have to flash something

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cross_stix
Sep 12, 2020
This is important for the LG G2 VS980 this phone is still a relic legend
in Developer Options turn on Background Processes Max Task Limit to 1 :cowboy:
and set battery profile to efficiency and never allow battery saver mode to turn on
this fixes everything and makes it run like brand new it frees up like 500Mb of RAM

I find this setting fixes issues when you turn Sync on and all the background Tasks caused SystemUI to crash and overheating phone I promise this makes it like brand new like crazy
Only downside is you actually have to reset this every time you restart your phone or power off

Reactions: cross_stix

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I have f320, but performance wise all variant would probably be similar..
I'm running LOS18.1, I have no Gapps and it has a plenty amount of ram, very fast, faster than the iphone 8 in ios 15 of my friend..
The important is not installing GApps. GApps may be convenient but is super heavy and also is not good for privacy, breaks LOS, etc.
Just use microG (personally I don't use it), and you can install playstore app using aurora store which is faster than playstore.

Reactions: BiG_FooT

Franz_G2

Jun 9, 2015
Hi there guys, it's wonderful to get this update, thanks a lot!!

I tried to install this new version on the G2 but twrp (2.8.6.1) fails to install the zip (both with signature verification and without it).

The phone is rooted and everything. I am trying to install the lineage-18.1-20220623-nightly-d802-signed.zip version.

Any recommendation? Thanks!

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Hi there guys, it's wonderful to get this update, thanks a lot!!

I tried to install this new version on the G2 but twrp (2.8.6.1) fails to install the zip (both with signature verification and without it).

The phone is rooted and everything. I am trying to install the lineage-18.1-20220623-nightly-d802-signed.zip version.

Any recommendation? Thanks!
Try the D802 version in this folder:

• Love
Reactions: Franz_G2

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
Hi.

I have two questions.

1. My D805 isn't offline charging with lineage-18.1-20220728-nightly-d802-signed.zip and lineage-18.1-20220728-recovery-d802.img. Is this normal? I have to turn my phone on so it's able to charge;
  2. Can I use twrp-3.3.1-0-d802-bump-blastagator-signed.zip with lineage-18.1-20220728-nightly-d802-signed.zip or will I have issues?
Compass.

Compass Linux

Apr 24, 2011
@Compass Linux , I use twrp on my d800. I've never used lineage recovery. I powered off my device and it charges while plugged in on latest d800 build 20220727 if that's what you mean by 'offline charging'.
Yes, "offline charging" means charging the phone while off.

I'm using a OTG cable (one of those which you can plug a USB Thumb Drive to your phone and use the other cable connector to a PC so it doesn't use the phone's power) to charge my phone. I'll try using another cable.

It seems my D805 can only charge up to around 73%. Age and usage took its toll on the battery.

I installed twrp-3.3.1-0-d802-bump-blastagator-signed.zip and it's working.

Thanks for the support!

Compass.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Compass Linux , I use twrp on my d800. I've never used lineage recovery. I powered off my device and it charges while plugged in on latest d800 build 20220727 if that's what you mean by 'offline charging'.
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Downloads
    Official builds
    Unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues