[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
Is there some one here still use this phone as daily driver this time?!

I just wondering with..

Please confirm..

This thread so quite now?!

Is there stilll any issues or BUGS with this ROM?!

Please confirm..

Please???

ihead

Feb 11, 2012
How to turn on the "knock knock" feature on this rom?
I want to wake the phone without using the power button by tapping twice on the screen

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
I finally got my LG G2 d800 back up and running after screen breakage 5-6 yrs ago. It's not as quick as I was hoping but it works. I have alot of old roms, kernels, apps, etc for the d800 that don't seem to exist anymore online. Anywhere I can dump them?

cenkcs

Nov 22, 2016
After the last update my phones memory management improved significantly. Ram is the biggest downside of this phone unfortunately. Thank you for good work.

Reactions: BiG_FooT

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Hi everybody
Is someone facing battery drain issue ?
My battery life is very poor while my battery is new.
I will try with other battery. Maybe my battery isn't Good
It's similar to stock for me. I suggest you replace it, considering that it's almost 9year old battery now. :D
Mine's a Korean variant where we have the battery replacable, but is probably different for yours if it's global/us one.

alilife

Oct 15, 2013
my phone gets really laggy when I turn on data or connect to wifi, right now I'm using latest release of LineageOS
I didn't have this problem with LineageOS Android 9 version
does anyone else have this problem?
I think my phone is too old for Android 11

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
my phone gets really laggy when I turn on data or connect to wifi, right now I'm using latest release of LineageOS
I didn't have this problem with LineageOS Android 9 version
does anyone else have this problem?
I think my phone is too old for Android 11
Could you try using the phone without installing GAPPS?
I don't have this issue in my G2 and I don't have GAPPS.

AMartin8

Aug 24, 2019
Hi @aleasto,

Hope you are well and healthy during those tought times.

I'm still using LineageOS as my daily driver plus second LG G2 as a backup phone.
I appreciate your work over the last years as many on this forum are.

Regarding LineageOS 19, is there a chance that we will see it for our beloved LG G2?
I saw information about phones supported and seen even Samsung S4 or OnePlus 2, but did not see our mobiles.
Maybe it's a secret and you don't want to spoil it, but there is also no Unofficial version like it used to be in recent years.

The reason I'm asking is that without security upgrades our phones are safe only for a short period of time after which we will have to look for other phones. When LineageOS will move to version 19 I guess version 18.1 will be cut off without new security patches.

As our mobiles are still quite capable (and because I cannot find really any smartphone that will worth upgrading - maybe someone can recommend some models) I'm still very happy to use it.

Best regards,
AMartin8

EDIT: I have just found out, that GCAM actually works on our LG G2 - I lived convinced that this is impossile due to lack of proper Camera2API.

For anyone interested to have a better camera, I have compared with stock LineageOS 18.1 and it's better, but HDR and NightMode are not working. Still, it's like you have suddenly a new camera quality.

I have tested the ones on the main GCAM developers website:
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/camerago/

The ones that are working/installing (others seems to be for 64bit) are below, and some have more options that others so it's worth checking:

Last edited:
Reactions: BiG_FooT

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
i9100
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hi @aleasto,

Hope you are well and healthy during those tought times.

I'm still using LineageOS as my daily driver plus second LG G2 as a backup phone.
I appreciate your work over the last years as many on this forum are.

Regarding LineageOS 19, is there a chance that we will see it for our beloved LG G2?
I saw information about phones supported and seen even Samsung S4 or OnePlus 2, but did not see our mobiles.
Maybe it's a secret and you don't want to spoil it, but there is also no Unofficial version like it used to be in recent years.

The reason I'm asking is that without security upgrades our phones are safe only for a short period of time after which we will have to look for other phones. When LineageOS will move to version 19 I guess version 18.1 will be cut off without new security patches.

As our mobiles are still quite capable (and because I cannot find really any smartphone that will worth upgrading - maybe someone can recommend some models) I'm still very happy to use it.

Best regards,
AMartin8
No, most likely not. There is no Galaxy S4 or Oneplus 2 either :p
Security updates will continue until some time next year when focus shifts on Lineage 20 (however you may consider secure a 8 years old kernel)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this questions and experiences belong to general forums, not the rom ones... i don't see a point of posting it here
    @akaloith , i always wipe cache,system and dalvik before flashing a rom update. i flash lineageos and opengapps and let it boot. then reboot back into recovery and flash the magisk patched boot.img. if i do it before first boot i run into a world of problems with safetynet and many other things failing.
    i use blastagator 3.3.1 twrp for d800. this is the link to blastagator twrp. TWRP for LG G2 the latest version will give you a fbe error but i hear thats normal.
    so you dont flash magisk.zip
    I always did that and it worked
    now i had to flash the patched img for it to work
    so which twrp i should flash on my d802? i have 3.2.3
    I think that's the latest.. nobody built newer ones
    I might try later on with LOS18.1 but it would require some editing
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues