[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

AMartin8

Aug 24, 2019
No, most likely not. There is no Galaxy S4 or Oneplus 2 either :p
Security updates will continue until some time next year when focus shifts on Lineage 20 (however you may consider secure a 8 years old kernel)
I was kind of expecting that :)
Anyway, it was quite a ride!

What do you think guys to group-choosing our next smartphone and have another fun for about 8-10 years with all of us from here?
I know, kind of utopia but still - would like to know which phones you are looking at as a pride successor for our beloved LG G2 ;)

We still have around one your + as many time as someone can survive without security patches :D

AMartin8

Aug 24, 2019
Just an update on GCam, which is brilliant on our G2.

I have checked and used:
GCAMGO_2.12.422_SHAMIM_V5 (Shamim, 2022-03-22, gcam go)
which had most options and seems to work fine.

I am using it without GApps but it just works.

Photos are brighter, better in most cases though sometimes there is not much difference to LOS default camera, but in many conditions it's better.

NIGHT MODE works, but you cannot turn it on - you turn it in darker conditions by just making 1 photo, then it brightens up and all next photos will be made with NightMode on.
HDR - doesn't seem to be working, though maybe someone finds a way to turn it on like above NightMode.

So it's like a new camera or new mobile, I wish I found it earlier.

Looking forward for your experiences, please share it.

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
Last night I bricked my phone trying to install havoc os 4.8, tried to install 2 versions of blastagator twrp, one of them had fbe error.

Today, tried to use lollipop kdz to unbrick, didn't work. Tried to use tot kitkat to unbrick didn't work, either flashed successfully, failed to boot, or flashtool, lgup failed.

Managed to unbrick after download mode was corrupted with dd, lafs, managed to install lineage recovery, tried to installed los 18, failed, tried to install havoc os 4.10, failed. All adb sideloads failed with partial percentages.

Now unable to flash any kdz, tot, unable to enter recovery, only download mode. Can't get phone to work on any kind of firmware.

Tried to look for an lg g2 telegram channel but none exists. Not sure how to make any rom work.

Looking for some help.

w1ll1m

Jul 15, 2010
Over the last week, all apps have been crashing on the last couple of updates?

Anyone else? Or is this a hardware fault?

Thanks

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
Last night I bricked my phone trying to install havoc os 4.8, tried to install 2 versions of blastagator twrp, one of them had fbe error.

Today, tried to use lollipop kdz to unbrick, didn't work. Tried to use tot kitkat to unbrick didn't work, either flashed successfully, failed to boot, or flashtool, lgup failed.

Managed to unbrick after download mode was corrupted with dd, lafs, managed to install lineage recovery, tried to installed los 18, failed, tried to install havoc os 4.10, failed. All adb sideloads failed with partial percentages.

Now unable to flash any kdz, tot, unable to enter recovery, only download mode. Can't get phone to work on any kind of firmware.

Tried to look for an lg g2 telegram channel but none exists. Not sure how to make any rom work.

Looking for some help.
the fbe error is normal with latest blastagator twrp. did you wipe everything before flashing the rom!? since i rooted my phone on 20k kitkat version instead of going to latest stock i flash the danielstuart14 hybrid_caf_bootstacks. i have been running lineageos 18.1 since 20220112 build. i own the d800. i also use opengapps.

aloysius987

Feb 3, 2011
the fbe error is normal with latest blastagator twrp. did you wipe everything before flashing the rom!? since i rooted my phone on 20k kitkat version instead of going to latest stock i flash the danielstuart14 hybrid_caf_bootstacks. i have been running lineageos 18.1 since 20220112 build. i own the d800. i also use opengapps.
It's a bit too late, and the instructions for how to unbrick is different between so many methods and every method is difficult.

I was unable to get my phone into any kind of stock rom after flashing over 30 times over 3 days maybe 10 hours of trying each day while I do my work and before I go to bed.

I ended up getting rid of my LG G2. Thanks for replying.

TongkatLembut007

Apr 20, 2020
I just wondering for all the members whose STILL use this phone..how can u treat this..without LCD prob?! It is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE for me?!

This is my only LOVE on android phone!! Very handy..fit to hand..fit to pocket..fit to money..fot to our heart?!!

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I just wondering for all the members whose STILL use this phone..how can u treat this..without LCD prob?! It is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE for me?!

This is my only LOVE on android phone!! Very handy..fit to hand..fit to pocket..fit to money..fot to our heart?!!
My LG G2 (F320) is built in 2014. I got the phone in 2015~2016 for cheap. The phone still works (I only repaired the sim tray since I accidentally broke it, got it from a friend's broken G2) well, the display, strangely, never broke.
Other people who has the phone seems to have got the issue after 1~2 years of use, but my screen still works great. There are some minor scratches, but it's fine.
I have the LG official flip cover (Is it only for F320?) that I had since then, it seems like it protects the screen quite well...

akaloith

Dec 24, 2006
i tried updating though recovery to latest
lineageos
opengapps but
magisk v24.3 by renaming .apk to .zip but did not work :(
what am i doing wrong?
🆂_20220519_171640605_8.4.400_resize.jpg

maybe my twrp is old? any newer?

edit: i took bot.img from lineage-18.1-20220519-nightly-d802-signed.zip
patched it in magisk
and flashed the img in twrp, and it worked
but why the zip did not flash? it was easier. what do i need to change?

Last edited:

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
i tried updating though recovery to latest
lineageos
opengapps but
magisk v24.3 by renaming .apk to .zip but did not work :(
what am i doing wrong?
View attachment 5618169
maybe my twrp is old? any newer?

edit: i took bot.img from lineage-18.1-20220519-nightly-d802-signed.zip
patched it in magisk
and flashed the img in twrp, and it worked
but why the zip did not flash? it was easier. what do i need to change?
Can you mount system manually and browse it in TWRP?
Maybe your /system is in f2fs and your twrp doesn't support it..?

LegendOcta

Mar 18, 2019
South Korea
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
i can read /system from twrp
shows me folders inside
but not sure what do you mean

can you suggest a latest twrp for lg d802 ?
maybe mine is old
link?
I'm running blastagator(?) twrp 3
Do you see 'many' folders inside system are you sure? like /app, /priv-app, /etc things like that, normally it should fill your entire screen with folder listing

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
@akaloith , i always wipe cache,system and dalvik before flashing a rom update. i flash lineageos and opengapps and let it boot. then reboot back into recovery and flash the magisk patched boot.img. if i do it before first boot i run into a world of problems with safetynet and many other things failing.
i use blastagator 3.3.1 twrp for d800. this is the link to blastagator twrp. TWRP for LG G2 the latest version will give you a fbe error but i hear thats normal.

Reactions: BiG_FooT

akaloith

Dec 24, 2006
@akaloith , i always wipe cache,system and dalvik before flashing a rom update. i flash lineageos and opengapps and let it boot. then reboot back into recovery and flash the magisk patched boot.img. if i do it before first boot i run into a world of problems with safetynet and many other things failing.
i use blastagator 3.3.1 twrp for d800. this is the link to blastagator twrp. TWRP for LG G2 the latest version will give you a fbe error but i hear thats normal.
so you dont flash magisk.zip
I always did that and it worked
now i had to flash the patched img for it to work
so which twrp i should flash on my d802? i have 3.2.3

e20140

May 12, 2009
(y)Big thanks to the developer as nightly build continues on the G2 (D800). Just installed the May 2022 update. No issue on the ROM itself for what I need. As for a working gapps. I used opengapps micro because nano didn't work for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using Verizon version of G2 VS980 and would like an updated build that would be really sweeet!
    As the only options we have are Havoc OS 4.8 and this LineageOS18.1 from Nov 2021

I have figured many issues with my particular G2 VS980 phone and fixed them
    I ran CPUFloat to see cores and temps and found a big issue with Battery Saver Modes
    Since the Android 11 battery settings updated certain options do not work well with our old phones kernel

battery saver mode not compatible with kernel locks cores off and underclocks CPU too much and crashes
    starts to build up heat on the processor over time even and ruins the phones performance
    you can only see this with a CPU monitoring software such as CPUFloat

1. keep the battery setting on Efficiency
    you get a lot better core management and temperature than balanced
    it is similar to the Stock Kernels settings when phone shipped you can see how the CPU clocks so much better
    2. Run KTweak App from Play Store it requires root run Balanced for KTweak not latency and do on Start up
    changes just a few kernel parameters related to virtual memory and schedulers I find after some testing it is the perfect all in one kernel tweak and gives significant boost to background processes
    3. must install old version Magisk 23.0 then you can update it all the way once you have phone rooted
    4. in Developer Options turn on Background Processes Max Task Limit to 3 I find this is the setting that fixes issues when you turn Sync on and all the background Tasks take over the phone and cause SystemUI to crash
    5. built in AOSP Camera on this ROM causes an issue where the microphone and camera get taken over and become unusable I think this also happens with recorder app as long as you don't open camera/recorder app and only use a 3rd party one it works fine I recommend the GCAM GO linked earlier in the thread

also using Sensors off Quick Settings tile to save battery life
    remember to never use Battery Saver as this damages phone turn it off in settings
    I use Airplane mode and Data Saver and Do Not Disturb and get 3 days mixed use on this phone
    Turn on Battery Optimization for all Apps under applications section
    remember to shut phone off when you charge and only when below 10% batt life and always go to at least %90 each charge to get best batt life

One other issue is that I do not think the Knock Knock ON double tap on the screen to turn on is not working right on this phone with this ROM for some reason maybe there is a way you can fix it but I am not sure it would be cool if anyone could provide a fix for the Knock Knock not working I think we have to flash something
    This is important for the LG G2 VS980 this phone is still a relic legend
    in Developer Options turn on Background Processes Max Task Limit to 1 :cowboy:
    and set battery profile to efficiency and never allow battery saver mode to turn on
    this fixes everything and makes it run like brand new it frees up like 500Mb of RAM

I find this setting fixes issues when you turn Sync on and all the background Tasks caused SystemUI to crash and overheating phone I promise this makes it like brand new like crazy
    Only downside is you actually have to reset this every time you restart your phone or power off
    I have f320, but performance wise all variant would probably be similar..
    I'm running LOS18.1, I have no Gapps and it has a plenty amount of ram, very fast, faster than the iphone 8 in ios 15 of my friend..
    The important is not installing GApps. GApps may be convenient but is super heavy and also is not good for privacy, breaks LOS, etc.
    Just use microG (personally I don't use it), and you can install playstore app using aurora store which is faster than playstore.
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Hi folks, this is my first post in several years. My Huawei P30pro is under warranty in repair and so I took my LG G2 out of the drawer and installed this ROM. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the LG G2 alive and for developing this great ROM. With the Stock Lollipop ROM I didn't get very far with my apps because they don't run on Android 5. Many, many thanks to you 👍🏻
    New builds up
    March security patch
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues