[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 OFFICIAL d80x; UNOFFICIAL ls980 vs980

Search This thread

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
I just send you a PM with some screenshots regarding point no. 2 of your post and the "edit" part also ... Good luck ...

yes, thanks - it works now :)

for everyone else with the same "issue" (in English):
1. go to Windows 10 device manager (right click "This PC" > Properties > Device Manager)
2. you'll see "Android Phone" there (on top), and under it - "LG Android Interface"
3. double click "LG Android Interface", select update driver
4. select "Browse my computer for driver software" and on the next page
5. select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and on the next page
6. select "MTP USB Device" > click "next"
7. driver should be updated and installed

now the phone is visible under "Portable devices" in device manager as "LG-D80x" and you can browse its internal storage with Windows Explorer

thanks to @theelderstatesman for the guide and screenshots he sent via PM :)

yes, thanks - it works now :)

for everyone else with the same "issue" (in English):
1. go to Windows 10 device manager (right click "This PC" > Properties > Device Manager)
2. you'll see "Android Phone" there (on top), and under it - "LG Android Interface"
3. double click "LG Android Interface", select update driver
4. select "Browse my computer for driver software" and on the next page
5. select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and on the next page
6. select "MTP USB Device" > click "next"
7. driver should be updated and installed

now the phone is visible under "Portable devices" in device manager as "LG-D80x" and you can browse its internal storage with Windows Explorer

thanks to @theelderstatesman for the guide and screenshots he sent via PM :)
That's a very good guide, thank you ...

Reactions: sourav24071999

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
no problem, thank you...

now - another problem with the new build:
1. dirty flashed the new build - phone starts with LG and Lineage logo, after few minutes - it boots back to TWRP

2. tried wiping the system/cache/dalvik, flashing the build again - same thing...

i'm on twrp3.3.1.0 - latest one...
should data be wiped as well? or gapps flashed afterwards again?

sorry for so much confusion, i haven't been around for months :)

update:
SUCCESS!
i've tried again - this time by flashing everything again from USB OTG drive, here is what i did:
1. wipe system/cache/dalvik
2. flashed rom zip > clear dalvik/cache
3. flashed bitgapps (R19) (tried newer R20 as well but it gave me an error) > clear dalvik/cache
4. flashed magisk (v21.2) > clear dalvik/cache
5. reboot...

device booted normally with all my settings and apps intact... i don't know what happened earlier... maybe flashing gapps again helped (i don't recall flashing the gapps again after dirty flashing the rom, but then - i've said that i'm a bit out of this waters lately and maybe i just forgot it's mandatory :D )

Last edited:

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
no problem, thank you...

now - another problem with the new build:
1. dirty flashed the new build - phone starts with LG and Lineage logo, after few minutes - it boots back to TWRP

2. tried wiping the system/cache/dalvik, flashing the build again - same thing...

i'm on twrp3.3.1.0 - latest one...
should data be wiped as well? or gapps flashed afterwards again?

sorry for so much confusion, i haven't been around for months :)

update:
SUCCESS!
i've tried again - this time by flashing everything again from USB OTG drive, here is what i did:
3. flashed bitgapps (R19) (tried newer R20 as well but it gave me an error) > clear dalvik/cache
5. reboot...

device booted normally with all my settings and apps intact... i don't know what happened earlier... maybe flashing gapps again helped (i don't recall flashing the gapps again after dirty flashing the rom, but then - i've said that i'm a bit out of this waters lately and maybe i just forgot it's mandatory :D )
Thanks for sharing this workaround. I faced exactly the same issue (bootloop).

IT Tech

Feb 24, 2019
SUCCESS!
5. reboot...

Just an FYI Magisk v22 is available with some nice improvements including no more Magisk Manager, just the App and Hiding Roots from Banking Applications.
;)

Darezi

Oct 28, 2008
Belgrade
I managed to find the problem for not being able to get into the recovery mode. There is a missing command in the wiki tutorial. It's missing an "exit" command when finishing with "adb shell" in "downgrading bootloader" so that you can do "adb push" for installing a custom recovery.
Please don't judge me as I don't have that much experience in this. I had to google on how to exit "adb shell" for the next command.

What Gapps do you recommend?

Also is it ok to stay with Lineage recovery or should I switch to TWRP?

Last edited:

J.V.B.

Apr 20, 2017
How come I'm not surprised that BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R20_signed.zip didn't work? For me, BiTGApps is just an alternative, while there's no Open GApps. Other than that and if there was an alternative to BiTGApps, I wouldn't use it, although it used to be good once a long time ago ...
Opengapps for R is available in testing, links to it sourceforge readme: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/
There are opengapps available, they are not on the main site yet because they are in testing.

Reactions: theelderstatesman

IT Tech

Feb 24, 2019
yes, i know there is v22, but i had this one already on otg drive from my previous flashing :)

Well heck, you went through the process of getting windows to recognize your phone so you could access it and transfer files to it you should have updated to the latest Magisk.... :giggle:

Darezi

Oct 28, 2008
Belgrade
So what I see as I've been trying to download "BiTGApps" since yesterday that they will not be available any time soon. Their thread has been closed temporarily for more than a month and you are not able to download anything?

60nine

May 24, 2012
Zagreb
www.soundcloud.com
Well heck, you went through the process of getting windows to recognize your phone so you could access it and transfer files to it you should have updated to the latest Magisk.... :giggle:

well, i just forgot to do that :D and i can always update via Magisk anyway :)

@aleasto - thanks for the MindTheGapps hint, is there anything different between those and bitgapps because MindTheGapps are almost double in size?

edit: i see there is Velvet.apk in MindTheGapps which alone is almost 145mb :/

Reactions: theelderstatesman

IT Tech

Feb 24, 2019
TESTING lineage-18.1-20210303-UNOFFICIAL-vs980

Testing with the following:

VS980
TWRP 3.3.1
lineage-18.1-20210303-UNOFFICIAL-vs980
BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R19_signed
Magisk-v22.0 (Rooted) Still does not pass Safteynet with Android 11

Observations after testing lineage-18.1-20210303-UNOFFICIAL-vs980:

* Trying to install BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R20_signed FAILED TO INSTALL (reverted back to R19)

* Messages talk to text still works intermittently. A reboot is required to make it temporarily work.

* Taking a picture using the camera - the picture you take does not appear in the camera app. You can navigate to the picture using FILES or similar app but they will not appear until you reboot the phone. A reboot is required after every picture you take.

* Video does not work. "Could not start media recorder. Can't start video recording."

* Phone still randomly makes screen wake/lineage boot animation sound

* If you are in an area or inside a building and have Poor/No LTE signal or Wifi, the phone is unusable (System UI Freeze ups, crashes, lag, apps non responsive etc.)

* Battery usage is seems to be poor Edited: after a few days of using this build the Battery Usage does not seem to be poor. I have seen this on other builds as well. When you initially flash it then immediately use the ROM it will eat up battery for the first day or so. So it seems pretty good now.

* Visual Voicemail FIXED! ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

few days ago i've mentioned the inbuilt updater issue... after that - i've followed the @aleasto suggestion and used different gapps package...
    previous April update went well without the need to manually flash the gapps again...

now - with the latest April build - the same problem occured... i had to manually flash both the gapps and the Magisk...

i guess i'll just have to do a full wipe and reinstall some day and start from scratch... since this is not my daily driver - i'm not that much bothered with some quirks here and there - i'm just reporting what happens...
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    Yaay! Upgrade from 17.1 done with zero issues.
    Screenshot_20210401-103323_Settings.png
    Congrats on the release and thank you @aleasto for all your work!
    Hey guys, this is my first post on xda. I just want to report that I successfully dirty flashed 18.1 + mindthegapps + magisk 22 on my d802. I didn't wipe anything, so all apps/data/settings are preserved, and even my banking app continues to work without demanding a reactivation.

Thank you @aleasto for your work!
    hi @aleasto,
    actually I tested the new LOS image from yesterday ... no ... still wifi not working on my D802 ...
    btw., do you had any chance to view the logcats ? anything "not normal" ?

I cheched the LOS 18.1 on another LG G2 ... 16GB ... unfortunately same problem : Wifi not connecting
    am I doing something wrong? I am just flashing LOS recovery via dd, then reboot into recovery, reset and sideload LOS ...
    no chance ... wifi does't connect.

appeciating any advice. Thx.
    Your router exposes the WPA3 capability, the phone tries to use it and fails.
    Will be fixed in the next build, by explicitly disabling WPA3 support on the g2.
    logo.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    * cause of male impotence.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features

Installing
    • Please follow the instructions at lineageos wiki
    • Clean flash if coming from UNOFFICIAL LineageOS or a different ROM

Changelog
    Code:
    [16/03/2021]
    Improve system lag issues

[03/03/2021]
    March security patch (android-11.0.0_r32)

[20/01/2021]
    January security patch (android-11.0.0_r27)

[04/01/2021]
    Reverted Android Go changes
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[13/12/2020]
    LineageOS 18.1 - Android 11 QPR1
    This now an Android Go phone, for better memory management

[30/11/2020]
    Fixed boot after encrypting with a lockscreen set
    Updated LineageOS apps and frameworks

[26/11/2020]
    Enforcing selinux
    Fixed wifi hotspot
    Updated binder driver

[16/11/2020]
    Updated Lineage apps and frameworks

[04/11/2020]
    Initial Release

Downloads
    Official builds
    Archived unofficial builds: sourceforge
    Thank y'all for the feedback. Enjoy.
    New builds up
    March security patch
    Yaay! Upgrade from 17.1 done with zero issues.
    Screenshot_20210401-103323_Settings.png
    New builds out
    Improve system lag issues
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone