[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Let's hope that this beautiful work is as stable as OS16 soon !

Hey @modpunk @derf elot

Do you think that when you stop working on this, you will still be able to put up security updates on a bi/tri monthly basis ? Or will someone else be able to ?
I hope this doesn't meet EOL, this XZ1 Compact is the last of the compact phones, and as such, it cannot be replaced..... Making it worthwhile to keep a stable V17 secured for longer.

What do you think Sir ?

And another question...
With unifiedNLP and all location grants given (No gapps, just stock V16) - Is it normal to have Android Fused Location assisting ? Nothing to worry ? Because it seems like a system process I can't undo.
I was wondering how it got there, without Gapps, that's all. If it helps, works for me !

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j

nussbaum

Feb 18, 2011
Bielefeld
Hi folks also running v1.0 rom from 11th April 2020 - and I am pretty satisfied with the ROM.

I have two questions:

- Is it possible to lock the bootloader? if i try following command: "fastboot oem lock" or "fastboot flashing lock" or "fastboot oem relock" i only get errors with no result.
- I get an error when i try to install chrome from "aurora store" - "app incompatible" - on base i have pico open-gaps

Thx in adv

Relocking Bootloader is impossible for users, maybe Sony service center can, but never heard of that.

Flamefire

Jul 26, 2013
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
@modpunk It seems something is wrong with the kernel. For the qcacld-3.0 module the build shows errors because it tries to run git commands from within out/target/product/lilac/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/drivers/staging/qcacld-3.0 which obviously won't work.

I debugged it by printing some variables from within the Kbuild file which resulted in this:

I'm pretty sure this isn't right as e.g. WLAN_ROOT should be an absolute path and ANDROID_BUILD_TOP should likely be set but isn't.
This might cause other issues as well as WLAN_ROOT is used quite often in the Kbuild file.

In the calling environment of "make" the variable ANDROID_BUILD_TOP is set, so it seems to get cleared (by the build system?)

@derf elot FWIW: I added an env dump to the KBuild file and there is ANDROID_PYTHONPATH, ANDROID_BUILD_PATHS and ANDROID_JAVA[89]_HOME set, also various KBUILD_ variables like KBUILD_SRC=/lineageos/repo/kernel/sony/msm8998 but no ANDROID_BUILD_TOP. So the environment is only partially preserved. I also noticed that ANDROID_JAVA_HOME changed from /lineageos/repo/prebuilts/jdk/jdk9/linux-x86 to prebuilts/jdk/jdk9/linux-x86

Hope that helps

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Not all hero's wear capes...

modpunk, derf elot - Hero's of the XZ1 Compact

Running their latest version 1, and very very happy.

Agree, these two made a difference in my small corner.
Sounds strange to say that about OS programmers but they are truly great and admired.

Last edited:

jacen05

May 20, 2018
Toulouse
Thanks! How did you manage to get spoofing supported?

The question was not intended for me, but if I can help:
- Install MicroG however you like
- Follow instructions from https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/fywiix/signature_spoofing_patcher_for_android_q/
- Basically, the instructions tell to run a script located here: https://del.dog/hulycobanu.sh
- The script will download the service.jar from your phone through adb, patch it, and then push it back to the phone
- The only modification I needed to make was to let my phone more time to get to recovery
But the next release of Nanodroid should integrate the patch: https://gitlab.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/-/issues/128

After rebooting to system I got confirmation that signature spoofing was working, both in MicroG settings and in Signature Spoofing Checker app.

However this will not allow you to get rid of SafetyNet: https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_RemoteDroidGuard/issues/24

Got a working Network Location via UnifiedNlp by following these steps again on 17.1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xp...icial-todo-t3925675/post81427023#post81427023

Since Mozilla Nlp backend has issues, I use GSM Location Service via F-Droid.

I got it working following these instructions : https://old.reddit.com/r/MicroG/wiki/issues (2nd issue)
It grants additionnal permissions on MicroG Core and NLP backends.

Not all hero's wear capes...

modpunk, derf elot - Hero's of the XZ1 Compact

Running their latest version 1, and very very happy.

Totally agree, thanks again @modpunk and @derf elot!

Flamefire

Jul 26, 2013
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
@modpunk Did some experiments on the camera issue and wanted to document it here in case it helps or if you have other ideas.

`cmd package compile -f -m speed com.sonyericsson.android.camera` generates the following 2 files:
/data/dalvik-cache/arm64/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.vdex
/data/dalvik-cache/arm64/[email protected]@[email protected]@classes.dex
--> SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.apk is the right apk to work with

Main apk on device is in: /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.apk

Adding PRODUCT_DEXPREOPT_SPEED_APPS += SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release to lineage_lilac.mk results in:
/system/app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/oat/arm/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.vdex
/system/app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/oat/arm/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.odex
/system/app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/oat/arm64/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.vdex
/system/app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/oat/arm64/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.odex
So it has an effect, however the files are in app not priv-app and there is no *.dex file and no "classes" mentioned.
I tried moving the oat folder to the "correct" one in priv-app but app still crashes and "package compile" still creates the cache files.

Using
android_app_import {
name: "SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release",
owner: "sony",
apk: "proprietary/priv-app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.apk",
certificate: "platform",
dex_preopt: {
enabled: true,
},
privileged: true,
}
in the Android.bp has the same effect as "PRODUCT_DEXPREOPT_SPEED_APPS += SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release", so no luck there. The difference is that it does not appear in the "SpeedApps" list in dexpreopt.config.

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

gladykov

Jul 12, 2010
It takes sooooo long to pick up network when switching aeroplane mode.

If someone will encounter long time of connection to your mobile carrier, after turning airplane mode off. Remove / disable SIM App / SIM Toolkit / whatever comes from your provider. I went from one minute to instant.

This is more Android 10 thing, as I found this tip in completly different place.

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Privacy questions regarding this ROM:

Is it wise to root the device to be able to use xposed XPRIVACYLUA ? (No bugs in lineage when rooting?)
Or is the stock V16 Lineage with no gapps good enough ?

More specifically:

What is the safest way to use whatsapp malware on the lineage ?
Things I heard...
1. Use Shelter and put whatsapp+contacts in a Work profile
2. Use xprivacylua to fake metadata
3. use the webapp on main phone, and the main whatsapp sever on a junk phone.

What do you think?
I wish I could delete this malware, but $$ depends on people there.

To what exactly am I exposed in terms of tracking, with Whatsapp on lineage ? Did anyone ever measure the tracking they do besides login times/contact list ?
I figured a VPN can take care of the IP, shelter can take care of the contact list, and I'm left with login times/duration that I guess I can live with.
UNLESS it tracks more stuff about the device usage (downloaded via Aurora)

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBrother84

modpunk

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
@modpunk Did some experiments on the camera issue and wanted to document it here in case it helps or if you have other ideas.

`cmd package compile -f -m speed com.sonyericsson.android.camera` generates the following 2 files:

--> SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.apk is the right apk to work with

Main apk on device is in: /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release/SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release.apk

Adding PRODUCT_DEXPREOPT_SPEED_APPS += SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release to lineage_lilac.mk results in:

So it has an effect, however the files are in app not priv-app and there is no *.dex file and no "classes" mentioned.
I tried moving the oat folder to the "correct" one in priv-app but app still crashes and "package compile" still creates the cache files.

Using

in the Android.bp has the same effect as "PRODUCT_DEXPREOPT_SPEED_APPS += SemcCameraUI-xhdpi-release", so no luck there. The difference is that it does not appear in the "SpeedApps" list in dexpreopt.config.

Thank you very much, your tests are much appreciated. I'm not able to look into this the next two weeks.

modpunk

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Let's hope that this beautiful work is as stable as OS16 soon !

Hey @modpunk @derf elot

Do you think that when you stop working on this, you will still be able to put up security updates on a bi/tri monthly basis ? Or will someone else be able to ?
I hope this doesn't meet EOL, this XZ1 Compact is the last of the compact phones, and as such, it cannot be replaced..... Making it worthwhile to keep a stable V17 secured for longer.

What do you think Sir ?

And another question...
With unifiedNLP and all location grants given (No gapps, just stock V16) - Is it normal to have Android Fused Location assisting ? Nothing to worry ? Because it seems like a system process I can't undo.
I was wondering how it got there, without Gapps, that's all. If it helps, works for me !

@derf elot and I will provide monthly updates at least till the end of the year. However we both bought and S10e which is a little bit bigger than the XZ1 Compact but thinner, so it is an OK compromise.

Reactions: nussbaum

modpunk

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Privacy questions regarding this ROM:

Is it wise to root the device to be able to use xposed XPRIVACYLUA ? (No bugs in lineage when rooting?)
Or is the stock V16 Lineage with no gapps good enough ?

More specifically:

What is the safest way to use whatsapp malware on the lineage ?
Things I heard...
1. Use Shelter and put whatsapp+contacts in a Work profile
2. Use xprivacylua to fake metadata
3. use the webapp on main phone, and the main whatsapp sever on a junk phone.

What do you think?
I wish I could delete this malware, but $$ depends on people there.

To what exactly am I exposed in terms of tracking, with Whatsapp on lineage ? Did anyone ever measure the tracking they do besides login times/contact list ?
I figured a VPN can take care of the IP, shelter can take care of the contact list, and I'm left with login times/duration that I guess I can live with.
UNLESS it tracks more stuff about the device usage (downloaded via Aurora)

Thoughts ?

Isn't the permission manager which comes with LineageOS enough? You can remove the permission to access contacts with it. If that's all you need. What they are mostly interested in is who you have contact with and how often. Those people will then show up first in your Facebook timeline.

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Thanks so much for the replies Sir Modpunk !

I like the UNLP on the 16 and want to set up LOS 16 on two more XZ1 Compacts ... When you out the final V17 can I just update or do you recommend a wipe ?

Also, is there a chance to add built in spoofing abilities to the ROM without root?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Out of curiosity, are there plans on porting LineageOS 19 to the XZ1 Compact?
    @derf elot has created a port of LOS 19.1 for the XZ1C that you can download here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333224
    Hello everyone
    Teach me Please.

Unlocked the boot loader.
    At the beginning, it was the startup screen of the unlocked mark.

While installing Rom many times,
    It had changed to a yellow triangular Maark.

What is the difference between the two marks?

Regards.

I believe it has to do with which bootloader your phone has installed. The original (8.1/Oreo) one was the lock, and the 9/Pie update changed it to the warning triangle - probably because it was implying that you could re-lock it (which you cannot).
    You could probably roll it back by downgrading your phone (using Xperifirm) but you probably want the updated one if you're using a newer ROM.

It always suggested to me that there might be a way to remove/hide the warning, but it's a very scary change to test, since if you flash the wrong thing to your bootloader you completely brick the phone...
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.