[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

Dean F

I'm uploading a new ROM version 1.1. Should be up in 3 hours (yes, I only have 1Mbit/s upload).

Hi modpunk. I have just sent you $3 on paypal for this release.

Sorry its only $3, but its all I have in my paypal account at the moment. After covid-19, when I have a working credit card again, I will definitely make what ever donation I can after each release.

I write this post in a hope that somebody else will match my $3 and donate to you - as well as getting some cash to derf elot.

I hope we can identify who are the people who should receive the funds from the community on this thread.

THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THIS DEVICE ALIVE
Regards.
Dean

Last edited:

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10

CherAlban

Nov 30, 2014
Hannover
I have the same problem with the default calendar app. Synchronization with DAVx5 and Nexcloud seems to work, but you cannot add or edit any entry, the calendar app does not have any settings, and it does not show notifications for upcoming events.

The default calendar app is working now in 1.1, thanks!

I have one more question I could not find an answer to: How do I delete "LineageOS stock apps" like Browser, Email, Gallery, Music,...? In earlier versions those apps could be easily found in system/app or system/priv-app, but in 17.1 those apps don't have their own folders anymore.

CherAlban

Reactions: seven hole and i.j

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Thanks Modpunk !
I chipped in $ for the effort, and will gladly do so each month for every release.
This is professional work and solid programming, so a thousand thank you's for the service you two !

Question:
My carrier started offering free VoLTE calling. Is this an option with our Sony's ? I can't find a setting for it.

To the guy above:

The camera won't work right after the flashing, but after a few hours of charge it will. In any case, it won't have the gallery linkage so you can't take a pic and then view it from the camera... You have to exit and open the gallery, which makes the app useless. Just install Open Camera. The whole camera situation in this phone is retarded regardless of ROMs. But at least Sony let us unlock the bootloader :)

Regarding dirty flashing, I don't like to dirty flash from Android 9 to 10, although most would say it is fine... Even on Stock Android, they dirty flash you the updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j

YamiYukiSenpai

Thanks Modpunk !
The camera won't work right after the flashing, but after a few hours of charge it will. In any case, it won't have the gallery linkage so you can't take a pic and then view it from the camera...

I thought that it was just the Sony camera app, and not the camera itself? So the hardware won't work until I charge it up? And what about the Snap camera (default LineageOS camera app)

Last edited:

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Only the sony app wont work until charged
The other camera works fine !

Non issue really, I use Open Camera from Fdroid and get great images

Reactions: YamiYukiSenpai

drob_i_k

May 30, 2020
Hello everyone. How can i remove the build number 10 (QQ2A.200501.001.B2) from notification area? Thanks in advance.

wyt18

wifi not working

I'm uploading a new ROM version 1.1. Should be up in 3 hours (yes, I only have 1Mbit/s upload).

i clean flashed v1.1 onto a fresh newflasher .228 stock rom (that matches my region/operator). stock rom booted fine, was able to connect to wifi

but upon booting up into LOS, wifi cannot connect (error message says "failed to connect to network" even without trying). when trying to add a network manually, i get an error message "failed to save network"

am i missing some setting somewhere? mobile data seems to work fine. thanks for the help!

EDIT (Solved): i wiped data just before installing LOS (and after logging into the stock rom on initial boot). this solved the wifi issue

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j

Vinztar

Mar 29, 2020
3d creator

Hello, and thank you for all this great work. :good:
I would like to know how it would be possible to install the 3D creator application?
Thank you

Reactions: seven hole

danish0175

Oct 3, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Hello everyone. How can i remove the build number 10 (QQ2A.200501.001.B2) from notification area? Thanks in advance.

Go-to settings then system , expand it by clicking advanced then, go-to developer options switch of the toggle at the top most part of the screen( switch of developer options).

The QQ2A..... Stuff won't show again

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j and drob_i_k

nialv7

May 31, 2015
I was trying to build the rom, but there are always some files missing when I do extract-files.sh. I have already tried stock roms from a number of different regions.

The missing files are /vendor/bin/ffu, and a couple of *.so for several camera apps in priv-app.

Where could I find those files?

Edit: Also the rom I built boot loops. I cannot even connect adb to it. All I can get is kernel logs after it reboots into recovery. So all I know is some services are crashing (xtra-daemon, qti_gnss_service, zygote, etc), but not why.

Is it because I am missing those file, or is the files I extracted just wrong? I sampled some of the files and compared with the image I downloaded, they seem mostly equivalent.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.