• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

foresto

Feb 13, 2010
1.3 has no kernel updates

This 1.3 release doesn't appear to include any updates to the kernel; it's still at linux version 4.4.224, while the current is 4.4.230.

@modpunk @derf elot What would be needed to get the Xperia-specific patches applied to the current and future 4.4.y kernels?

If someone wanted to do the work of bringing in kernel updates, would you identify/provide the kernel patches and configs that would make this possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j and nussbaum

airjoe

Dec 12, 2008
Hong Kong
Sony Xperia 5 II
I'm using LG U+, CDMA operator in South Korea and Xperia XZ1 Compact isn't compatible with CDMA. So without VoLTE, XZ1C can't connect with cellular network(device says No Service).

but after upgrade to v1.3 , my xz1c connect with celluar network.
Thanks, however according to my knowledge CDMA and VoLTE are two different technologies. I also search some information from below link.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-CDMA-and-VoLTE

What I can say is Ver 1.3 might work on CDMA network, but not for VoLTE. I am using same network on same device in two different ROM. When I were in Sony stock firmware 47.2.A.11.228, there is VoLTE icon shown on status bar all the time. After I upgraded to this ROM, no more this icon and even no VoLTE setting on network section. I try to make a call, the network will change from "LTE" to "H+" which I might say VoLTE is not working on this ROM in Hong Kong.

By the way, LineageOS is very good ROM which I am quite satisfy with without VoLTE.

Last edited:
Reactions: i.j

Rubik.Orange

Mar 5, 2010
Busan
Thanks, however according to my knowledge CDMA and VoLTE are two different technologies. I also search some information from below link.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-CDMA-and-VoLTE

What I can say is Ver 1.3 might work on CDMA network, but not for VoLTE. I am using same network on same device in two different ROM. When I were in Sony stock firmware 47.2.A.11.228, there is VoLTE icon shown on status bar all the time. After I upgraded to this ROM, no more this icon and even no VoLTE setting on network section. I try to make a call, the network will change from "LTE" to "H+" which I might say VoLTE is not working on this ROM in Hong Kong.

By the way, LineageOS is very good ROM which I am quite satisfy with without VoLTE.

Maybe i written too short.

When using LTE phone without VoLTE, data packet is transferred through LTE, and voice packet is through 3G(CDMA or UMTS). That's why the network is changed to H+ when making a call.

Xperia XZ1C support EDGE, UMTS, and LTE. No CDMA, So before 1.3, i can't make a call or sent a text message because VoLTE doesn't work and can't use CDMA network. But after upgrade to 1.3, both call and text is working. That's why I say VoLTE is work. If VoLTE doesn't work, my phonr can't register to network and both call and text also doesn't work.

Nonononoki

Jul 24, 2015
Thanks for continuing support for this awesome phone! Everything works perfectly, except for the memory leak - hope it gets fixed in a future release.

ysf956

Jul 19, 2020
After I flashed the 1.3rom, restarting the phone can only return to twrp again. What

After I flashed the 1.3rom, restarting the phone can only return to twrp again. What is the cause of this?

GT500s

Sep 25, 2018
Apps2SD PRO All in One Tool with Magisk

ROM is GREAT and everything is working but i have problem with creating mount script in Apps2SD . I was trying for some time but no solution found . When trying to create script with '' I've su.d support on my device / I use Magisk interface " it shows error " Unable to determinate su.d path '' and with normal or advanced method get error '' Command failed! " . Did anyone had same problem ???

ChomikImage.aspx
ChomikImage.aspx

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017

ROM is GREAT and everything is working but i have problem with creating mount script in Apps2SD . I was trying for some time but no solution found . When trying to create script with '' I've su.d support on my device / I use Magisk interface " it shows error " Unable to determinate su.d path '' and with normal or advanced method get error '' Command failed! " . Did anyone had same problem ???

ChomikImage.aspx
ChomikImage.aspx

Do you know that in the developer options the switch for "unlock external memory for all apps" can be set?
Maybe this is enough to save without using Apps2SD.

Reactions: i.j and GT500s

GT500s

Sep 25, 2018
Do you know that in the developer options the switch for "unlock external memory for all apps" can be set?
Maybe this is enough to save without using Apps2SD.
Just tried "unlock external memory" but i think there are few more steps before it'll work. Can You PLEASE explain do i need do format external SD as internal memory first or something? I'm using a Samsung EVO sd card 128GB but i found on forum that apps can get very slow when setting sd as internal memory but i'll try it anyway if there is no other solution. I also tried app Link2SD Plus but no way to create script at all.

Last edited:

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017
Just tried "unlock external memory" but i think there are few more steps before it'll work. Can You PLEASE explain do i need do format external SD as internal memory first or something? I'm using a Samsung EVO sd card 128GB but i found on forum that apps can get very slow when setting sd as internal memory but i'll try it anyway if there is no other solution. I also tried app Link2SD Plus but no way to create script at all.

My SD card is 64 GB and is set up as external memory. I use Magisk only for the superuser rights and I have enabled the SD in the developer options.
This is all I need to use the SD with many apps.

Reactions: GT500s

GT500s

Sep 25, 2018
My SD card is 64 GB and is set up as external memory. I use Magisk only for the superuser rights and I have enabled the SD in the developer options.
This is all I need to use the SD with many apps.
I tried with installing game and copying obb folder to sd card on Android/obb but it won't work and external sd is ON in developer options. Basically when i'm installing app and externlal sd is set in developer it should automatically install apps on SD? I remember that when i was using LineageOS 16 there was root option install with TWRP and i didn't need magisk. I think it was addonsu-16.zip or something but won"t work with LineageOS 17.1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.