• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

Rooted_Ansh

Sep 4, 2017
Do you recommend a clean flash for this update?
In the Havoc-os thread, they recommended a clean flash for the camera memory leak problem to be fixed. But maybe that wasn't the same fix?

It's the same fix

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Do you recommend a clean flash for this update?
In the Havoc-os thread, they recommended a clean flash for the camera memory leak problem to be fixed. But maybe that wasn't the same fix?

Why it was mentioned to clean flash is because it was needed for the fix to work..

It was all discussed on GitHub.. :)

Reactions: brordavid

derf elot

May 7, 2011
clean flash was not necessary for me

Sent from my SM-G970F using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I don't know which fix you are referring to. But if you mean kanging the blobs from taimen, this is not what we are doing. we fixed the issues in the display-caf sources and now use prebuilts.

in had a change up on los gerrit to integrate the needed fixes, but because caf switched to .bp for libqdutils, it would require too many changes.

Last edited:

Rooted_Ansh

Sep 4, 2017
clean flash was not necessary for me

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I don't know which fix you are referring to. But if you mean kanging the blobs from taimen, this is now what we are doing. we fixed the issues in the display-caf sources and now use prebuilts.

in had a change up on los gerrit to integrate the needed fixes, but because caf switched to .bp for libqdutils, it would require too many changes.

It didn't work for me until I clean flashed.. vince3fr mentioned in GitHub.. and russel confirmed it

Fix from blobs

Reactions: brordavid

derf elot

May 7, 2011
I know your fix is from hardware_qcom_display...

But doesn't the vendor has the same blobs too ?

google will not be on the same branch/tag with their display stuff.

i would even think they use their own aosp branches for it, not the qcom-caf. aosp is far behind, hence both offending commits aren't present (but also lots of other things aren't).

compare qcom-caf

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/lineage-17.1-caf-msm8998

with aosp

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/lineage-17.1/msm8998

Rooted_Ansh

Sep 4, 2017
google will not be on the same branch/tag with their display stuff.

i would even think they use their own aosp branches for it, not the qcom-caf. aosp is far behind, hence both offending commits aren't present (but also lots of other things aren't).

compare qcom-caf

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/lineage-17.1-caf-msm8998

with aosp

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_hardware_qcom_display/tree/lineage-17.1/msm8998

Yes I had already seen those and I have understood my mistake.. sorry for bothering you.. :)

Rubik.Orange

Mar 5, 2010
Busan
VoLTE partially works

Carrier : LG U+ (CDMA + LTE network operator)
working : Send and recevive text message, receive phone call(through VoLTE)
not working : Make phone call (call is automatically ended right away)

logcat : https://pastebin.com/XEM3P9vQ
dmesg : https://pastebin.com/dfhg41xb

i can't see any VoLTE or IMS things neither Settings app or *#*#4636#*#, but VoLTE is partially working on my device.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20200810-193243_Settings_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20200810-193243_Settings_LI.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 480
  • InkedScreenshot_20200810-193409_Settings_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20200810-193409_Settings_LI.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 472
  • Screenshot_20200810-193249_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200810-193249_Settings.png
    60 KB · Views: 474

derf elot

May 7, 2011
Carrier : LG U+ (CDMA + LTE network operator)
working : Send and recevive text message, receive phone call(through VoLTE)
not working : Make phone call (call is automatically ended right away)

logcat : https://pastebin.com/XEM3P9vQ
dmesg : https://pastebin.com/dfhg41xb

i can't see any VoLTE or IMS things neither Settings app or *#*#4636#*#, but VoLTE is partially working on my device.

Yes, it's expected that IMS is not fully functional yet. It's on the list for the next release.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

It seems to be fixed. Thank you!

Great :) It was a pain to test, because the after every reboot the phone had to settle down a bit first (otherwise the bug wouldn't show).

So I guess am I the only one who can't get the GPS working at all?

I also tried this microg fork which has a bunch of location services options, but nothing. https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG/blob/master/README.md
I tried the Global Optimized GPS File Replacer Magisk module, along with the linked module, and nothing.

So I unistalled both magisk modules, rebooted, dirty-flashed again the latest ROM and got rid of that microg, having only the UnifiedNlp Settings app. But is this normal that I miss a check here? (screenshot)

I enabled the Mozilla Unified Nlp backed settings, but still the GPStest app shows 1 or 2 satellites. So I am not able to obtain any location (permissions have been granted, WiFi connected and Mobile internet ON)

I am supposing that clean flashing will not bring me anywhere.. so strange that GPS does not work while for others it does.

Attachments

• photo5877681123197301617.jpg
    photo5877681123197301617.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Rooted_Ansh

Sep 4, 2017
So I guess am I the only one who can't get the GPS working at all?

I also tried this microg fork which has a bunch of location services options, but nothing. https://github.com/FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG/blob/master/README.md
I tried the Global Optimized GPS File Replacer Magisk module, along with the linked module, and nothing.

So I unistalled both magisk modules, rebooted, dirty-flashed again the latest ROM and got rid of that microg, having only the UnifiedNlp Settings app. But is this normal that I miss a check here? (screenshot)

I enabled the Mozilla Unified Nlp backed settings, but still the GPStest app shows 1 or 2 satellites. So I am not able to obtain any location (permissions have been granted, WiFi connected and Mobile internet ON)

I am supposing that clean flashing will not bring me anywhere.. so strange that GPS does not work while for others it does.

Download GPS Test app, tap on 3 dots menu icon, tap on AGPS then tap on clear data and update..

Then take your phone outside (maybe balcony or outside window) it will get GPS..

It won't work indoor

Reactions: TheArt.
Download GPS Test app, tap on 3 dots menu icon, tap on AGPS then tap on clear data and update..

Then take your phone outside (maybe balcony or outside window) it will get GPS..

It won't work indoor

Thank you for replying. I did that, cleared assist data, rebooted, waited about 25min outside in the garden and still no fix. I have seen max 7 satellites.

What I am wondering if is it normal that I miss one check in Unified "System supports location provider" (see previous screenshot) and that GPStest says that "SBAS satellite system is not available"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200811-101608_GPSTest.png
    Screenshot_20200811-101608_GPSTest.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 264

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Thank you for replying. I did that, cleared assist data, rebooted, waited about 25min outside in the garden and still no fix. I have seen max 7 satellites.

What I am wondering if is it normal that I miss one check in Unified "System supports location provider" (see previous screenshot) and that GPStest says that "SBAS satellite system is not available"

I recommend you enable Apple maps as location backend. Also make sure you have xposed installed with unified nlp module (Google this to find download)

Reactions: TheArt.
I recommend you enable Apple maps as location backend. Also make sure you have xposed installed with unified nlp module (Google this to find download)

OK I did all you said. In fact now I miss no checks in the system checking in UnifiedNlp. The situation improved a little, but 712 sec to fix seems quite long. Is it normal?

UPDATE: I finally got a fix in 40sec by also installing the magisk module "Global optimized GPS file replacer" so I guess for my location the gps.conf file was not optimized.

Attachments

• photo5882146295752275551.jpg
    photo5882146295752275551.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok got it working and running the new 17.1 for a day now on my phone, have it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359584

- June security patches
    - 4.4.272 kernel (thanks to derfelot)
    - Usual modifications to pass SafetyNet w/o Magisk
    - Few fixes related to GApps permissions (maybe)
    - New/Updated APNs (thanks to LOS and linckandrea)

The 18.1 version with the same changes is at: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359658

Again: I only tested the 17.1 build. The 18.1 should work but may bootloop or have other issues.
    I recommend (for both builds) that you have flashed TWRP to the recovery partition on the phone and have a working ROM zip on the SD card (e.g. what you currently use) to be able to boot the phone back to recovery and reflash the old ROM in case of bootloops etc.
    And as usual: Have your data backed up!
    Ok got it working and running the new 17.1 for a day now on my phone, have it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359584

- June security patches
    - 4.4.272 kernel (thanks to derfelot)
    - Usual modifications to pass SafetyNet w/o Magisk
    - Few fixes related to GApps permissions (maybe)
    - New/Updated APNs (thanks to LOS and linckandrea)

The 18.1 version with the same changes is at: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359658

Again: I only tested the 17.1 build. The 18.1 should work but may bootloop or have other issues.
    I recommend (for both builds) that you have flashed TWRP to the recovery partition on the phone and have a working ROM zip on the SD card (e.g. what you currently use) to be able to boot the phone back to recovery and reflash the old ROM in case of bootloops etc.
    And as usual: Have your data backed up!
    Thanks. Dirty flashed the 17.1 and it seems to work well.

Will try the 18.1 soon. How should I install it? Would dirty flashing it over 17.1 work?

LATER: Happy to report dirty flash of 18.1 worked well. I see no major changes except for stock LOS camera (which, like on most Sony 18.1 ROMs, has a problem with auto exposure). Otherwise, looks very promising.
    Still EAS kernel? Is 18.1 also?
    The EAS kernel is awesome!
    Yes. Both use the same kernel
    Select 'Access Point Names' and right up select + and configure You own apn.
    Hey guys, first off thanks a lot to modpunk and flamefire and everyone else here to put in the energy to keep our beloved phones updated.

This weekend I installed the very latest 18.1 from flamefire and it works fine so far. (I installed it clean, no dirty flash, completely started over with the Sony stock ROM via EMMA and then did a clean 18.1 install following all the right steps)

Now there is one major bug that I somehow cannot find a solve for and I hope someone could help me please. Sometimes and all of a sudden the mobile network just disappears and it says 'the cellular network is not available'. I cannot even select it under Settings to switch between 3G and LTE as it is grayed out. After I restart it comes back though.

Now, what is odd is under 'Settings / Wireless & Internet / Mobile Network' I cannot select and manually define the Advanced settings for the carrier AT&T (see 2 attached screenshots at the bottom). There for whatever reason it only says 'To disable this SIM, remove the SIM card'.

Shouldn't there be a menu similar to the TELUS screenshot that let's me define the preferred network type, calling, Network access and so on?

I know some people here had the same issue, but was wondering how it has been solved.

Thanks a lot!

(Edited: Wording, sorry I did not mean APN but the 'Advanced' settings for the network carrier)
    I see that effect after inserting ("hotplugging") a SIM card without rebooting.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.