• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

ParkourPaul

Jan 15, 2015
For those of you that are living privacy life, what apps are you using?

Bit late but I'm currently running magisk and edexposed to run XPrivacyLua, AFWall+ and MinMinGuard. I do currently have Pico GAPPS installed though xprivacy and afwall is pretty good at keeping much of the telemetry from getting out. I'll likely try micro g out when I install the latest build as I'm going to do a full wipe and start from scratch anyway.
I use Aurora store with anonymous login for most things and only unblock the Play store when there is no other choice (apps that require in app purchases) though I may just risk it and start logging in with Aurora in future or just move away from those apps.
I also recently discovered Shelter which is almost perfect at sandboxing apps (WhatsApp for work) within the work profile. The only bummer is that in order for AFWall+ to be able to apply firewall rules to apps in the work profile they first have to be installed on the main profile. You could then set your rules, apply and then uninstall the app from the maiin profile and the settings will stick but as soon as you make any other change to your ip tables, the tables for that app will vanish and the app will lose internet access (for me at least as I maintain a white list) so this is not a reasonable solution and apparently there won't be one any time soon for reasons I won't go into right now. So while WhatsApp is installed on my main profile, it does not have internet access or any permissions and is never launched. I use signal for messaging as my default SMS app and YouTube Vanced for my video needs. Not sure if this is the kind of info you're looking for but there you go.

Paul this is utterly interesting, I wonder if you are wishing for making a sort of guide to keep privacy while having to use certain apps. I have the WhatsApp (for work) concern too, so for now I left it on the other phone and here I access via WhatsApp Web but it is inconvenient.

I wonder if with the working microg posted here in this thread you are able to use sandboxed WhatsApp. I am not confident installing gapps and then blocking them, I do not have enough network knowledge nor I think it will block 100%.

xdafanboii

May 18, 2018
[...]I use Aurora store with anonymous login for most things and only unblock the Play store when there is no other choice (apps that require in app purchases) though I may just risk it and start logging in with Aurora in future or just move away from those apps.
[...]
and YouTube Vanced for my video needs. Not sure if this is the kind of info you're looking for but there you go.

Apkmirror is also a great option to bypass Google entirely and you don't need to update apps as soon as new ones come out. It's mostly placebo anyway. Also get "Apkmirror installler" to install "bundled" apps.

Youtube Vanced is better than normal Youtube but you are still using your Google account to do everything. Newpipe has come a long way and it can replace full featured youtube client easily. The only thing I miss is the ability to comment but considering all the privacy implications, it's not worth it.

I'll likely try micro g out when I install the latest build as I'm going to do a full wipe and start from scratch anyway.

Same goes for me. I'm actually using a stock PIE ROM with gapps taken out, Smali patch'ed (for signature spoofing) and MicroG installed. Everything works, so that's why I've been waiting so long for this ROM issues to be patched out, so I could finally switch.

Namnodorel

Oct 26, 2015
Paul this is utterly interesting, I wonder if you are wishing for making a sort of guide to keep privacy while having to use certain apps. I have the WhatsApp (for work) concern too, so for now I left it on the other phone and here I access via WhatsApp Web but it is inconvenient.

I wonder if with the working microg posted here in this thread you are able to use sandboxed WhatsApp. I am not confident installing gapps and then blocking them, I do not have enough network knowledge nor I think it will block 100%.
If you have an old phone for WhatsApp already and willing to do some technical work yourself, I can recommend looking into the Matrix chat protocol (with Element being the actual chat client most use). It is a separate FOSS, E2E chat protocol that (besides generally having a lot of useful features) offers so-called "bridges" into proprietary chat systems. What that means in the case of WhatsApp is that you can set up a bot that will manage the WhatsApp account and redirect all messages to a private Matrix chat. You can send a message in Matrix and the bot will translate it to WhatsApp, etc. Since this bridge is still being worked on it currently still requires some time and technical skills to set up (though that might change in the future), but it is the most privacy preserving way to use WhatsApp that I know of (while being convenient to use after the initial setup).

landsome

May 4, 2015
Same goes for me. I'm actually using a stock PIE ROM with gapps taken out, Smali patch'ed (for signature spoofing) and MicroG installed. Everything works, so that's why I've been waiting so long for this ROM issues to be patched out, so I could finally switch.

That is so disappointing: I was going to ask how you managed to install microG on LOS. :)

Oh well...

carastro

Jun 1, 2015
Thanks. I tried that a while back. Somehow, for me it did not work properly. Do you now have full microG functionality with the standard version of the fork?

Yes. Everything checked. Though I didn't build from sources. I used Shane's prebuilt flashable zip from FriendlyNeighborhoodShane/MinMicroG_releases on github.com. That seemed more convenient to me.
view
view

Rubik.Orange

Mar 5, 2010
Busan
After update to 1.5, I connected my phone with Bluetooth audio device(I used Surface Headphones and Qudelix 5K) but audio is playing through speaker. Even I checked 'Play media to' settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still EAS kernel? Is 18.1 also?
    The EAS kernel is awesome!
    Yes. Both use the same kernel
    Select 'Access Point Names' and right up select + and configure You own apn.
    Hey guys, first off thanks a lot to modpunk and flamefire and everyone else here to put in the energy to keep our beloved phones updated.

This weekend I installed the very latest 18.1 from flamefire and it works fine so far. (I installed it clean, no dirty flash, completely started over with the Sony stock ROM via EMMA and then did a clean 18.1 install following all the right steps)

Now there is one major bug that I somehow cannot find a solve for and I hope someone could help me please. Sometimes and all of a sudden the mobile network just disappears and it says 'the cellular network is not available'. I cannot even select it under Settings to switch between 3G and LTE as it is grayed out. After I restart it comes back though.

Now, what is odd is under 'Settings / Wireless & Internet / Mobile Network' I cannot select and manually define the Advanced settings for the carrier AT&T (see 2 attached screenshots at the bottom). There for whatever reason it only says 'To disable this SIM, remove the SIM card'.

Shouldn't there be a menu similar to the TELUS screenshot that let's me define the preferred network type, calling, Network access and so on?

I know some people here had the same issue, but was wondering how it has been solved.

Thanks a lot!

(Edited: Wording, sorry I did not mean APN but the 'Advanced' settings for the network carrier)
    I see that effect after inserting ("hotplugging") a SIM card without rebooting.
    Well "preferred network" and "APNs" is there in the screenshots. If it is VoLTE which is missing, then I guess the SIM doesn't support it and/or IMS has been disabled in XperiaParts
    Wow, this ROM (18.1 Flamewire) is too fast :D Thank you! Only thing I found : Gabeldorsche Bluetooth stack is not working (one from developer options)
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.