• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017
Since version 1.5 the GPS fix does not work for me anymore. Back to version 1.4 I got my position after about 10 seconds. With version 1.5 and 1.6 I can see the satellites, but the GPS fix does not work.
How can I find out what the problem is?

addendum 31.10.
After deleting the system partition with the help of TWRP and a new installation of version 1.6 I get a GPS fix...

Last edited:

Sprnza

Mar 15, 2018
Since version 1.5 the GPS fix does not work for me anymore. Back to version 1.4 I got my position after about 10 seconds. With version 1.5 and 1.6 I can see the satellites, but the GPS fix does not work.
How can I find out what the problem is?

addendum 31.10.
After deleting the system partition with the help of TWRP and a new installation of version 1.6 I get a GPS fix...

Could you please describe steps you did in TWRP? I'm also having this issue with GPS fix doesn't work for me on 1.5 and 1.6 (I havn't used 1.4). Also does deleting the system partition wipes system settings and apps data? Thanks in advance!

MaxFragg

Sep 20, 2010
I can confirm, location from other location sources seams to work way better than in previous versions, but GPS-Fix still is extremely unreliable, sometimes toggling flight mode and or gps helps, but its far from good.

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017
Could you please describe steps you did in TWRP? I'm also having this issue with GPS fix doesn't work for me on 1.5 and 1.6 (I havn't used 1.4). Also does deleting the system partition wipes system settings and apps data? Thanks in advance!

Start in TWRP and select Delete in the Main Menu and then Advanced Delete.
There I deleted System and Data. Go back in the main menu and press Install and install the ROM LOS 17.1 (V1.6).
With the help of Titanium Backup you can "restore" the apps including data. Without TB you have more work and must reinstall everything...

auz_mo

Mar 21, 2011
GPS problems

Hello!

Not sure if you remember me, and the issues I was having with the gps not working unless I had the phone in airplane mode. I have FINALLY figured out what is going on here, but not really sure about the fix.

The problem seems to be the frequency that my provider (Telus, Canada) is using for LTE. There must be some sort of conflict with the LTE frequency and the GPS radio. If I force my preferred network type to 3g the gps works perfectly.

This problem persists even with the stock rom, I really don't know if there is any kind of fix we could implement, but just thought i would let you know.

Cheers, and thanks again for all the hard work you put into this stuff.

REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
  • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
  • Added Seedvault (Video)
  • Fixed bluetooth regression
  • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
  • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
  • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
  • Updated graphics stack
  • Fixed GPS issues
  • Fixed DRM issues
  • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
  • Fixed camera memory leak
  • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
  • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
  • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
  • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
  • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to Linux 4.4.214
  • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
  • Updated wifi driver
  • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
  • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
  • Update to kernel 4.4.213
  • Initial release

XDA-shark

Mar 2, 2018
After a couple of days of perfect performance my phone started to show some issues with IMS registration. Things seem to go wrong on (re)boot. I tend to switch the phone off over night and back on the next morning. When I did so yesterday and today, it did not find any signal. I first had to manually switch to 3G in settings, where it did get a signal, then wait for IMS registration to complete, and switch back to LTE.

While the phone is in the no network state, I noticed that it also looses WiFi ever few seconds, although I am only a meter away from the access point. Once IMS registration has taken place, everything is back to normal, smooth and steady.

Anyone else having these issues?
Any suggestions how to permanently fix them?
Anything I can provide to help identifying the issue?

Lemmiwinks86

Jun 10, 2019
On the nanodroid github pages it says:
Note: microG's Droid Guard Helper is currently not able to perform SafetyNet Attestation. (https://github.com/Nanolx/NanoDroid/blob/master/doc/Issues.md)
Can anybody confirm that this is also true for evalType BASIC?
I thought this is only an issue with hardware eval...
I can't even get basicIntegrity to work, although I followed all the required steps and signature spoofing is working.
Thanks!

systemdev

Aug 6, 2019
Hello!

Not sure if you remember me, and the issues I was having with the gps not working unless I had the phone in airplane mode. I have FINALLY figured out what is going on here, but not really sure about the fix.

The problem seems to be the frequency that my provider (Telus, Canada) is using for LTE. There must be some sort of conflict with the LTE frequency and the GPS radio. If I force my preferred network type to 3g the gps works perfectly.

This problem persists even with the stock rom, I really don't know if there is any kind of fix we could implement, but just thought i would let you know.

Cheers, and thanks again for all the hard work you put into this stuff.

FWIW I used to have GPS problems on North American (US/Can) networks until I disabled network based location (I prefer satellite location or nothing - keeps it simple??). This seems to only be an option during a clean (re)install because I can't find that in settings (?) I can only find WiFi and Bluetooth scanning options under Location, not cellular.
Maybe a missing setting, or "WiFi" is mislabeled because it includes cellular?
But My Unified Nlp->Self Check settings report that network based location is not supported or disabled in system settings - so I was able to disable that whole POS somehow....

But WTF is UnifiedNlp really for? Can it be removed? As I said, I prefer satellite or nothing.
Hope this helps??

FFW

May 24, 2020
After a couple of days of perfect performance my phone started to show some issues with IMS registration. Things seem to go wrong on (re)boot. I tend to switch the phone off over night and back on the next morning. When I did so yesterday and today, it did not find any signal. I first had to manually switch to 3G in settings, where it did get a signal, then wait for IMS registration to complete, and switch back to LTE.

While the phone is in the no network state, I noticed that it also looses WiFi ever few seconds, although I am only a meter away from the access point. Once IMS registration has taken place, everything is back to normal, smooth and steady.

Anyone else having these issues?
Any suggestions how to permanently fix them?
Anything I can provide to help identifying the issue?

I turn my phone off every night as well. Until now (dirty flashed 1.6 over 1.4 on tuesday) I have no issues at all with modem amss_fsg_lilac_telekom_germany_volte_vowifi_tar.mbn (doublechecked with custimization selector - modem switcher activity). I did not make any VoLTE calls yet though.

Sprnza

Mar 15, 2018
Is Magisk binary missing in 1.6? I'm getting errors saying "Magisk addon.d failed? Cannot find Magis binaries" during flashing. I've downloaded Magisk from Magisk Manager and flashed via TWRP, but then I'm unable to tick apps in MagiskHide (changes are being resettied after I press the back button).

Lemmiwinks86

Jun 10, 2019
Is Magisk binary missing in 1.6? I'm getting errors saying "Magisk addon.d failed? Cannot find Magis binaries" during flashing. I've downloaded Magisk from Magisk Manager and flashed via TWRP, but then I'm unable to tick apps in MagiskHide (changes are being resettied after I press the back button).

You have to reinstall Magisk through TWRP after an update of the ROM, then it works again.

Sprnza

Mar 15, 2018
You have to reinstall Magisk through TWRP after an update of the ROM, then it works again.

Yep, I've already done that. Magisk is working again, but ticking apps in MagiskHide aren't being saved and when I tap the "back" button and get back to the list of apps the previous settings are being resetted. And the are being resetted to the previous version of the list that I had before upgrade to 1.6 (other apps are ticked, except GSF, which I need to get GooglePay working.)

Corias

Clean installed ROM, got this annoyer notification every few hours, no way to disable in settings - any workaround?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-101757_VK.png
    Screenshot_20201102-101757_VK.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 305

Lemmiwinks86

Jun 10, 2019
Yep, I've already done that. Magisk is working again, but ticking apps in MagiskHide aren't being saved and when I tap the "back" button and get back to the list of apps the previous settings are being resetted. And the are being resetted to the previous version of the list that I had before upgrade to 1.6 (other apps are ticked, except GSF, which I need to get GooglePay working.)

That's funny, I have exactly the same problem with microG DroidGuard Helper app, which might also be a reason why I cannot pass SafetyNet basic...

Well it's super easy. Install Magisk. Make yourself a magisk module with Smali patcher (at least check the signature spoofing checkbox). Install "microG installer Revived" magisk module and there you have a working microG on Lineage 17.1. It's also advisable to add micro G repo in F-droid, so you get microG updates.

Also I don't know why the ROM comes with UnifiedNlp Settings pre installed. It's redundant if someone installs microG and it's redundant if someone chooses to install Gapps, or am I missing something here? I have great GPS discovery but my location backends are set up on microG settings that I got from installing full microG and not on the UnifiedNlp Settings app that comes preinstalled, so what's the point in including it? I'm on 1.5 but I'm rolling back to 1.4 due to bluetooth issues. I'm hoping this method will work on 1.4 as it did on 1.5.

I did as you said the microg is working! Thank you :) I did not uninstall the default UnifiedNlp because when I tried to do that, it bootlooped.
What should I enable here in location services? I live in EU See screenshot. photo5836802036790834354.jpg

EDIT: Well eventually I may not use microg because in my case it is not able to obtain the background location access permission (that's important I guess), and it is not able to obtain sms receiving permission.
Moreover, GCM is not working, I can't enable it. I planned to use microg without logging into google account, but the only thing it improved is that an app I sometimes use now start correctly. Another cons is that OneDrive app does work with microg, but works without it.
I will try to get good location without microg at this point, using the system UnifiedNLP

Last edited:

Sprnza

Mar 15, 2018

It's a Magisk visual bug. Need to pay attention not to the ticks, but to the bars above applications. I've found that one service from GooglePlay market was not hidden.

susetoyix

Aug 17, 2019
Build from repo

Hello! I'm trying out building from the repo but I'm currently stuck on the vendor blobs. I'm using LineageOS 17.1 release 1.4 and I haven't made a firmware dump from the start.

I figured that ./extract-files.sh from my phone would be missing a lot of vendor blobs.

I looked around for firmware dumps and I found this <git.rip dumps sony lilac> but some files required are still missing though.

Can I restore back to stock firmware so that I can dump it? What should I do next?

Last edited:

elChorche

Nov 5, 2018
Hello! I'm trying out building from the repo but I'm currently stuck on the vendor blobs. I'm using LineageOS 17.1 release 1.4 and I haven't made a firmware dump from the start.

I figured that ./extract-files.sh from my phone would be missing a lot of vendor blobs.

I looked around for firmware dumps and I found this <git.rip dumps sony lilac> but some files required are still missing though.

Can I restore back to stock firmware so that I can dump it? What should I do next?

You can extract the missing files from a downloaded stock image. You need to unpack it first, a guide be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1/how-to/dumping-stock-firmware-to-lineage-t4034621

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok got it working and running the new 17.1 for a day now on my phone, have it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359584

- June security patches
    - 4.4.272 kernel (thanks to derfelot)
    - Usual modifications to pass SafetyNet w/o Magisk
    - Few fixes related to GApps permissions (maybe)
    - New/Updated APNs (thanks to LOS and linckandrea)

The 18.1 version with the same changes is at: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359658

Again: I only tested the 17.1 build. The 18.1 should work but may bootloop or have other issues.
    I recommend (for both builds) that you have flashed TWRP to the recovery partition on the phone and have a working ROM zip on the SD card (e.g. what you currently use) to be able to boot the phone back to recovery and reflash the old ROM in case of bootloops etc.
    And as usual: Have your data backed up!
    Quick update: First test with new version failed. Got to check if its my new build machine or the new version. So gonna take a bit more time for testing (the 17.1 version. If that works I'll assume the 18.1 does too)

Edit: 17.1 on old build machine works. Investigating differences to new build machine. LOS gets stuck at the SONY logo when build on the new machine from the same sources as being used on the old one. This is annoying especially as I don't have enough space for 18.1 on the old one.
    Lessons learned: Have a ROM zip that is working next to the new one on SSD and flash twrp (the 10.1 for 17.1) to the recovery partition so when stuck at the SONY logo you can still boot the recovery (via key combo) and reflash the old ROM
    Ok got it working and running the new 17.1 for a day now on my phone, have it here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359584

- June security patches
    - 4.4.272 kernel (thanks to derfelot)
    - Usual modifications to pass SafetyNet w/o Magisk
    - Few fixes related to GApps permissions (maybe)
    - New/Updated APNs (thanks to LOS and linckandrea)

The 18.1 version with the same changes is at: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=14943124697586359658

Again: I only tested the 17.1 build. The 18.1 should work but may bootloop or have other issues.
    I recommend (for both builds) that you have flashed TWRP to the recovery partition on the phone and have a working ROM zip on the SD card (e.g. what you currently use) to be able to boot the phone back to recovery and reflash the old ROM in case of bootloops etc.
    And as usual: Have your data backed up!
    Thanks. Dirty flashed the 17.1 and it seems to work well.

Will try the 18.1 soon. How should I install it? Would dirty flashing it over 17.1 work?

LATER: Happy to report dirty flash of 18.1 worked well. I see no major changes except for stock LOS camera (which, like on most Sony 18.1 ROMs, has a problem with auto exposure). Otherwise, looks very promising.
    Still EAS kernel? Is 18.1 also?
    The EAS kernel is awesome!
    Yes. Both use the same kernel
    Select 'Access Point Names' and right up select + and configure You own apn.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.