[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
Excuse me butting in, but I have built a LineageOS for microG ROM for xz1c. It's based on the LOS 17.1 version of this ROM and is available from AndroidFileHost

Please note that the ROM has had very little use or testing as I built it back in January to debug a problem with my unofficial builds of /e/ OS. But it seems to be mostly functional, and I could be persuaded to build a more up-to-date version of you find it meets your needs.

My unofficial /e/ OS builds for xz1c are also available on AndroidFileHost <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322415>

All of these are based on @modpunk and @derf elot 's great work on this LOS ROM - thanks
Assuming this is stable, this could be huge! Although I must ask the obligatory question, are there any plans for a MicroG LineageOS 18.1 at this time?

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
are there any plans for a MicroG LineageOS 18.1 at this time?
My main interest is /e/ OS, which is based on LineageOS for microG. L4mG is currently releasing 17.1 ROMs. I don't know anything much about L4mG's plans, butI believe that /e/ has plans to move to 18.1 eventually. I assume that won't happen until / unless L4mG does the same. Anything I do in my builds will inevitably lag a little behind what happens in /e/ OS and L4mg

So, to anwer your actual question, not "at this time".

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

landsome

May 4, 2015
Excuse me butting in, but I have built a LineageOS for microG ROM for xz1c. It's based on the LOS 17.1 version of this ROM and is available from AndroidFileHost

Please note that the ROM has had very little use or testing as I built it back in January to debug a problem with my unofficial builds of /e/ OS. But it seems to be mostly functional, and I could be persuaded to build a more up-to-date version of you find it meets your needs.

My unofficial /e/ OS builds for xz1c are also available on AndroidFileHost <https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322415>

All of these are based on @modpunk and @derf elot 's great work on this LOS ROM - thanks
Thanks a lot, it's very welcome.

But why not also tell us a little about your /e/ ROMs. Are they fully functional, what works, what doesn't etc.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

kentchristopher

Nov 16, 2007
Hoping someone can help here:

I was running 18 and reverted back to latest 17.1 feeling it would be more trouble-free. Now I'm getting "No service" with 3 different SIMs, even though it's showing the right network in Mobile Network settings. With at least one SIM it doesn't even let me do a manual network (by turning off automatic search) - it only shows me "To disable this SIM, remove the SIM card".

Anyone know a solution? I'd like to avoid having to reflash back to stock ROM and start all over if possible, assuming that's the default solution.

Reactions: Fox____

rez78

Nov 16, 2017
Hoping someone can help here:

I was running 18 and reverted back to latest 17.1 feeling it would be more trouble-free. Now I'm getting "No service" with 3 different SIMs, even though it's showing the right network in Mobile Network settings. With at least one SIM it doesn't even let me do a manual network (by turning off automatic search) - it only shows me "To disable this SIM, remove the SIM card".

Anyone know a solution? I'd like to avoid having to reflash back to stock ROM and start all over if possible, assuming that's the default solution.
Do you have tried formatting (not wiping) data via twrp recovery before install 17.1?

kentchristopher

Nov 16, 2007
Do you have tried formatting (not wiping) data via twrp recovery before install 17.1?

I know I had trouble getting 17.1 running after reverting and took some extra steps, but I don't recall if formatting the data partition was one of them. Assuming I didn't, and do that now, will it work to do a backup of /data first, reformat, then restore /data? in other words, is the underlying issue with the formatting, not anything on /data itself?

Edit: I went ahead and formatted /data, re-installed 17.1 and Gapps, did not (yet) restore the backup I made of /data, and I'm still having the same problem. Likely relevant: I'm getting a notification from CustomizationSelector saying:

Sony Modem
Config: amss_fsg_lilac_tar.mbn
Cust ID: N/A

Through Xperia Parts I tried selecting the most appropriate modem for my network (never had to do this before), rebooted and still no luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox____

dr0idik4

Feb 6, 2021

perhaps you should open up a separate thread for this to get more attention and support / testing from users. I'm interessted in it and will have a closer look as soon as possible.

Flamefire

Jul 26, 2013
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
I need to do 2 boots after turning off the phone completely. On the first boot, I get no service and usually no WiFi. Just log into the phone, then reboot and all works. Try that if you have not already

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
perhaps you should open up a separate thread for this to get more attention and support / testing from users. I'm interessted in it and will have a closer look as soon as possible.
I could, but supporting the unofficial build for this phone (and two other official /e/ ROMs for which I am the maintainer) on the /e/ forums already takes up enough of my online time. I don't need to spend more time supporting them in XDA forums as well :)

kentchristopher

Nov 16, 2007
A follow-up on my issues in the posts above:

I tried flashing just the modem from the stock ROM to see if that might fix it. It didn't.

I ended up flashing back to stock, which got it working again. I'm thinking I might just keep it on stock.

Flamefire

Jul 26, 2013
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
As I haven't heard anything yet I'll just dump this here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324301

LOS 17.1 built with the device sources from modpunk & derf elot with latest LOS upstream sources (Patch level 2021-03-05) and the 4.4.261 kernel (from the 18.1 branch)

Again this is 17.1 NOT 18.1, so only install from previous 17.1 or stock.
No warranty or any questions, I just compiled this (for myself and using it) and providing this for anyone who wants to use an updated 17.1

I'll provide updated versions occasionally, but again: Don't ask when. Likely around middle of the month but maybe not.

All credits (except compiling) go to @modpunk and @derf elot so a big thanks to them!

Edit: Updated on 23.04.2021 to include security patch level 05.04.2021 and kernel 4.4.263 as well as fixes to the modem/IMS stuff and connectivity issues after first boot. Again: Using the work by the aforementioned and Rooted_Ansh for the IMS stuff which I cherry-picked from the 18.1 branches.

Last edited:

tdcockers

Apr 2, 2021
Possibly an edge case here... I upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and everything seemed to be going well. I then switched from a PIN screen lock to a swipe, then after a reboot the phone is asking for a PIN that is not my old one. Any suggestions?

I've got adb access to the device. TWRP is asking for a password to decrypt, but if I cancel and go to file manager, it seems happy to show me the contents of the drive. Just can't get rid of the PIN to log in :(

Edit: Never mind, got through it by deleting the locksettings.db file via TWRP...

Last edited:
Reactions: landsome

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Possibly an edge case here... I upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and everything seemed to be going well. I then switched from a PIN screen lock to a swipe, then after a reboot the phone is asking for a PIN that is not my old one. Any suggestions?

I've got adb access to the device. TWRP is asking for a password to decrypt, but if I cancel and go to file manager, it seems happy to show me the contents of the drive. Just can't get rid of the PIN to log in :(

Edit: Never mind, got through it by deleting the locksettings.db file via TWRP...

This is a bug with the ROM, also had the same story

tdcockers

Apr 2, 2021
This is a bug with the ROM, also had the same story
Did you need to do anything after unlocking? Mine is stuck on the 'Just a sec' setup assistant screen now, I read somewhere that it might be that deleting locksettings.db may have broken something in the encryption. Is it time for a format and clean install?

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
Did you need to do anything after unlocking? Mine is stuck on the 'Just a sec' setup assistant screen now, I read somewhere that it might be that deleting locksettings.db may have broken something in the encryption. Is it time for a format and clean install?

Didn't really mess with it, I just flashed another ROM for now.

Otherwise ROM is excellent, this lineage is nice and snappy, but there's an issue with the PIN as you said.... Very very bad if this happened while I was traveling or long way from home.... Reliability is important to me so for now I am using something else until the next update.

vboechat

Feb 5, 2014
Hi

Can i get these two features with this custom rom?

1 - merge microSD + internal memory into one.
2 - always-on fingerprint reader (no need to press to unlock).

Thanks.

Reactions: alximiktik

bebebopbop

Apr 7, 2021
Hello to all,

after installing a ROM (I tried with Lineage18.1 and with havoc 4.1), the phone turns on but the screen remains black, the volume and shutdown panels work

How can I solve the problem? any sus please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.