[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

landsome

May 4, 2015
Reactions: fropal and mulcahey

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
If I wanted to come back to 17 from 18... how difficult is it? I like 18 but I want to keep up with security updates (and I'd like app timers in Digital Wellbeing). Has anyone gone backwards? What's the process?
Cant u just use havoc or crdroid ? no need to go back just for that?

As for your qeustion about where to find stockrom u can just use the program xperia companion easy to use and fast.

Reactions: mulcahey

Fox____

Nov 7, 2020
As I haven't heard anything yet I'll just dump this here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324301

LOS 17.1 built with the device sources from modpunk & derf elot with latest LOS upstream sources (Patch level 2021-03-05) and the 4.4.261 kernel (from the 18.1 branch)

Again this is 17.1 NOT 18.1, so only install from previous 17.1 or stock.
No warranty or any questions, I just compiled this (for myself and using it) and providing this for anyone who wants to use an updated 17.1

I'll provide updated versions occasionally, but again: Don't ask when. Likely around middle of the month but maybe not.

All credits (except compiling) go to @modpunk and @derf elot so a big thanks to them!

Edit: Updated on 23.04.2021 to include security patch level 05.04.2021 and kernel 4.4.263 as well as fixes to the modem/IMS stuff and connectivity issues after first boot. Again: Using the work by the aforementioned and Rooted_Ansh for the IMS stuff which I cherry-picked from the 18.1 branches.
Damn, I missed that patch, that's why IMS is not working for me, thanks for pointing it out!

FFW

May 24, 2020
As I haven't heard anything yet I'll just dump this here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324301

LOS 17.1 built with the device sources from modpunk & derf elot with latest LOS upstream sources (Patch level 2021-03-05) and the 4.4.261 kernel (from the 18.1 branch)

No warranty or any questions, I just compiled this (for myself and using it) and providing this for anyone who wants to use an updated 17.1

I'll provide updated versions occasionally, but again: Don't ask when. Likely around middle of the month but maybe not.

All credits (except compiling) go to @modpunk and @derf elot so a big thanks to them!

Edit: Updated on 23.04.2021 to include security patch level 05.04.2021 and kernel 4.4.263 as well as fixes to the modem/IMS stuff and connectivity issues after first boot. Again: Using the work by the aforementioned and Rooted_Ansh for the IMS stuff which I cherry-picked from the 18.1 branches.
Just updated from the last "original" 17.1 v1.7 following the usual "boot into TWRP - remove Magisk - update LOS - install latest GApps - install Magisk 21.4 - clear Cache and Dalvik and reboot" routine. Works like a charm.
Thank you very much, now my beloved phone has a current patch level again - and no first boot connection issues :)

@All: please consider donating to Flamefire if you use his ROM (and no, I am in no way connected to him apart from being happy to use what he provides here). He is the one we have to thank for keeping our phones up to date - at least until modpunk and derf_elot show up again ;-)
(edit: typo removed)

Last edited:

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
Just updated from the last "original" 17.1 v1.7 following the usual "boot into TWRP - remove Magisk - update LOS - install latest GApps - install Magisk 21.4 - clear Cache and Dalvik and reboot" routine. Works like a charm.
Did you turn off magisk hiding and unique name before uninstalling with zip in twrp?
What is your experience with Gps working with an active 4G connection? Can you find the position immediately?
Isn't the battery charged more by a fresher system?

Last edited:

FFW

May 24, 2020
Did you turn off magisk hiding and unique name before uninstalling with zip in twrp?
Sorry, I use neither of both. But I would turn them off before uninstalling unless someone who has more experience with them says it's okay not to, just to be sure. I don't know how intelligent the Magisk uninstall routine is...
What is your experience with Gps working with an active 4G connection? Can you find the position immediately?
I rarely have GPS on, but I just went outside and tested - and it went on almost immediately (WLAN turned off). I had some problems with GPS after installing my last update (the original 17.1 v1.7 from Modpunk) a while ago, but these were gone as soon as I recalibrated my phone compass that was *way* off.
Isn't the battery charged more by a fresher system?
Sorry, you might need to explain what you mean with that one :) If I understand the question correctly: the charger charges the battery regardless of what the system does IMO (things like that magisk module that plays around with the charging process aside).
The only thing you can influence with the system is how fast the battery is drained, and I have absolutely no complains about that. With GPS and Bluetooth off, my phone lasts 2-3 days, depending on how much I play around with it. But I also block most of the connections the phone wants to make (this is my reason for rooting it) and the rest goes through a Wireguard VPN and through my PiHole. Zero ad-f*ck means more battery for meaningful things 😈

Reactions: 7alvoo

hannesz

Apr 13, 2020
I have a question for those that are running 18.1: Is anyone using Android Auto including mirroring to the car screen?

I updated a few months back, but couldn't get the above szenario to work. The app itself (and everything else) ran fine on the phone, but I never got a connection to the car display so I reverted to 17.1 for now.

If yes, which OpenGapps did you flash? 20210130-test?

I'm wondering if it was just a glitch in my case or if it's a general problem. Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

Edit: After some more searching, I found that it seems to be a general problem with all recent OpenGapps builds. The solution seems to be to either use the MindtheGapps package or use the fix described here. I'll update once I've had time to test.

Last edited:

claudiobar

Oct 21, 2014
Will there be anymore updates? Or is this the end of the line?
Hi, it's been + than 3 months since modpunk connected (I truly hope he's alright) so .. I dunno, I guess at least 18.1 has met it's end :(

I'm also thinking in switching to an Android 11 which is being maintained, so, if anyone has a suggestion on havoc vs crdroid and wants to chime in, it'll be appreciated.

Btw, there's no way to save a home screen arrangement from one rom to another, or is it?

Btw2 anyone knows of a really tempered glass screen that can still be bought for xz1c?
Regards

landsome

May 4, 2015
Hi, it's been + than 3 months since modpunk connected (I truly hope he's alright) so .. I dunno, I guess at least 18.1 has met it's end :(

I'm also thinking in switching to an Android 11 which is being maintained, so, if anyone has a suggestion on havoc vs crdroid and wants to chime in, it'll be appreciated.

Btw, there's no way to save a home screen arrangement from one rom to another, or is it?

Btw2 anyone knows of a really tempered glass screen that can still be bought for xz1c?
Regards
I switched to Havoc, as it's by now official, but have not tried crDroid.

In short, I think it works very well. Endurance is less impressive than on LOS, but not bad and, reportedly, it's better on 4.3 than on the latest (4.4), the only one I have tried. Also, in my case most cameras (including the Havoc stock) have a problem with autoexposure, but otherwise work fine. (Google Camera 5.11, downloadable from apkmirror and other places, is one of the few apps that auto-expose correctly, but you only get 8MP instead of the full 19 - a relatively problem, though. No HDR+, of course.) Other than this, it's pretty good and the many tweaks are great as well.

I installed it directly over LOS 18.1 without bothering to go to stock first, via TWRP (latest by derf elot). Follow the clean flash procedure on the Havoc thread.

And yes, let's hope modpunk is doing well.

claudiobar

Oct 21, 2014

In short, I think it works very well. Endurance is less impressive than on LOS, but not bad and, reportedly, it's better on 4.3 than on the latest (4.4), the only one I have tried. Also, in my case most cameras (including the Havoc stock) have a problem with autoexposure, but otherwise work fine. (Google Camera 5.11, downloadable from apkmirror and other places, is one of the few apps that auto-expose correctly, but you only get 8MP instead of the full 19 - a relatively problem, though. No HDR+, of course.) Other than this, it's pretty good and the many tweaks are great as well.

I installed it directly over LOS 18.1 without bothering to go to stock first, via TWRP (latest by derf elot). Follow the clean flash procedure on the Havoc thread.

Thanks so much for your feedback¡

mulcahey

May 4, 2016

Regards

AFAIK, the only way to save the home screen between ROMs is to use a custom launcher. Personally, I've been using Nova for years and love it. Very easy to backup your homescreen and restore on a new ROM with Nova.

Re: Screen protector: I use the Celicious Privacy Screen. It's worked for years. Looks like Celicious has a ton of XZ1 screens to choose from.

Reactions: claudiobar

lleysan

May 7, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have problem with GPS. I tried 17.1 and 18.1 with TWRP. GPS turns on and sometimes it still catches satellites, but I can't call it normal work.....
Any ideas?

f000bar

May 4, 2021
There is no way to re-lock the bootloader for the XZ1C.
I'm not sure which instructions you were following, but most of the guides I've seen for this phone make that clear.

hannesz

Apr 13, 2020
I have a question for those that are running 18.1: Is anyone using Android Auto including mirroring to the car screen?

I updated a few months back, but couldn't get the above szenario to work. The app itself (and everything else) ran fine on the phone, but I never got a connection to the car display so I reverted to 17.1 for now.

If yes, which OpenGapps did you flash? 20210130-test?

I'm wondering if it was just a glitch in my case or if it's a general problem. Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

Edit: After some more searching, I found that it seems to be a general problem with all recent OpenGapps builds. The solution seems to be to either use the MindtheGapps package or use the fix described here. I'll update once I've had time to test.

It works! The update with a dirty flash of 18.1/2.0 along with opengapps 11 beta from 20210130 went without problems. The fix from the above link then gave me working AA. Maybe it helps someone else as well

Last edited:

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have problem with GPS. I tried 17.1 and 18.1 with TWRP. GPS turns on and sometimes it still catches satellites, but I can't call it normal work.....
Any ideas?
Could be your gps is broken commen isseu xz1 compact
i have the same problem.

U could try another rom/official rom just to be sure see if ti works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Flamefire can I donate a little to you as a small reward for providing this? As it seems you are the one at the moment who keeps my XZ1C alive :)
    Of course I wont stop you doing so, but the real work was done by modpunk, derf elot, Rooted_Ansh and others. I just compiled what they created and uploaded it. So thanks goes to them! :)
    Forgive me for asking perhaps a ingorant qeustion but can someone help me understand?

Did you just update the rom with latest security update ?

I dont understand what u mean with what u did with the kernel?

if the original creater comes back and updates then what happens can i just update to his or just stay with this one ? like are there 2 versions then ?
    Yes, the latest updates from LOS 17.1 are included which includes the latest security update (at that point, April update will be coming soon. Edit: Updated now)
    modpunk/derf elot updated the kernel for their 18.1 releases. I took that and included it in this build, which is possible, as the kernel is still compatible with the rest of android.

It looks like there won't be an "original" 17.1 release anymore, but only 18.1 releases. I don't want to loose the stock camera, so that's why I stay at 17.1 and provide what I did for myself for others too.
    With the usual caveats you can very likely at any time switch to the "original" versions, once new ones come in, but remember that those will be LOS 18.1, so once you go there you can't switch back to 17.1 (mine) easily.

Regards

Thank you very much, now my beloved phone has a current patch level again - and no first boot connection issues :)

@All: please consider donating to Flamefire if you use his ROM (and no, I am in no way connected to him apart from being happy to use what he provides here). He is the one we have to thank for keeping our phones up to date - at least until modpunk and derf_elot show up again ;-)
    (edit: typo removed)
    Thanks! I've never actually flashed stock... where can I find it?
    Use xperifirm to get the stock for your model: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-v5-6-1.2834142/

And newflasher to flash it: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-newflasher-xperia-command-line-flasher.3619426/

Make sure you exclude relevant files, mainly persist.sin

Regards

AFAIK, the only way to save the home screen between ROMs is to use a custom launcher. Personally, I've been using Nova for years and love it. Very easy to backup your homescreen and restore on a new ROM with Nova.

Re: Screen protector: I use the Celicious Privacy Screen. It's worked for years. Looks like Celicious has a ton of XZ1 screens to choose from.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone