[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

YamiYukiSenpai

I am using EdXposed and did experiment with some GPS related modules. I removed them because they were of no use, but the issue with geotagging persists.

Sorry. Forgot to let you know which ones I have.

I didn't put Edexposed on my main Android phone, but here are the ones I have:
  • AuroraServices
  • Font Changer
  • liboemcrypto disabler
  • LKT
  • MM recovery
  • Moto Clock Widget

wyt18

try wiping data in TWRP and setup your phone again

Earlier I posted about getting No Service. When I couldn't get it to work on that phone, I thought I might have better luck on a different handset. So I installed this rom on my SECOND XZ1 Compact... and still no service! Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I'm using T-Mobile in the US.

Here's what I did:
  • -From stock Sony (47.2.A.11.228), I unlocked bootloader, flashed TWRP, and from TWRP installed zips of this rom and Gapps. This is the ONLY rom that's ever been installed on this handset.
  • When I started, my phone said, "The phone will now reset to work with your provider"
  • When the phone reset, it came back and actually worked for a day!
  • But today, I've got no service.

I've tried:
  • Clearing dalvik/art cache
  • Going into *#*#4636#*#* and setting radio band to Automatic, then turning off mobile radio and restarting. ALSO tried doing this by setting to US
  • Changing my APN to different T-Mobile bands. One of them (T-Mobile IMS) actually worked for 30 seconds, then went back to nothing. The day when I had service I used fast.t-mobile.com.
  • deleting app data and cache of CustomizationSelector.

Is there another setting I'm missing somewhere I'm missing? The fact that it worked for 1 day gives me hope that I can get this working again.

Reactions: mulcahey

airjoe

Last edited:

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017
Notification LED does not work properly

About 3 weeks ago I switched from LOS16 to LOS 17.1 (1.2) with magisk for root privileges. In the meantime the notification LED does not work reliably anymore. This happens to me with current versions of FairEmail and Threma (without google playstore) as well as with older apps.
Maybe the notification LED is not supported correctly in LOS 17.1?

toejam119

About 3 weeks ago I switched from LOS16 to LOS 17.1 (1.2) with magisk for root privileges. In the meantime the notification LED does not work reliably anymore. This happens to me with current versions of FairEmail and Threma (without google playstore) as well as with older apps.
Maybe the notification LED is not supported correctly in LOS 17.1?

How reliable is it? I have noticed all other apps seems to work fine with notification LED except when in Whatsapp I receive a message I get the light normally blinking, but sometimes when I get another message from same group soon after, the blinking light disappears sometimes, not sure if it's app related so that the light would reappear if I just wait long enough.

mulcahey

May 4, 2016

Update: My phone started working again without any changes! I didn't wipe it or anything, it just started working! I have no idea why, but I hope it lasts.

Update 2: it did not last :( No Service, and wifi cuts out every 37 seconds, making the phone effectively unusable. Maybe it will mysteriously fix itself again, but otherwise I may have to wipe this and try again.

Last edited:
Simcard not recognized

I have two XZ1 compacts. The hardware is not exactly the same in each - both are on "This is Pixel Experience 10.0 Plus - UNOFFICIAL ROM for XZ1 Compact"

Below are two different methods to get simcard recognition. Both worked on one of my phones. One only worked on the other. Do't ask me how they work --don 't know

Here you go method one: .Take out your SIM card ,turn on airplane mode,reinsert it and turn off your phone(not reboot but power off).Wait for 1 minute and power it back on. Turn off airplane mode. Wait a couple of minutes - tyhat may do it.

method two download a simcard tool kit app from the play store. Click on sim info - thats it.

Reactions: mulcahey

wyt18

Update: My phone started working again without any changes! I didn't wipe it or anything, it just started working! I have no idea why, but I hope it lasts.

Update 2: it did not last :( No Service, and wifi cuts out every 37 seconds, making the phone effectively unusable. Maybe it will mysteriously fix itself again, but otherwise I may have to wipe this and try again.

i had a similar issue, because i logged into Google after flashing LOS 17 (but before flashing Gapps). when i wiped data and flashed both the rom and Gapps together before rebooting, the problem went away

mulcahey

May 4, 2016
method one: .Take out your SIM card ,turn on airplane mode,reinsert it and turn off your phone(not reboot but power off).Wait for 1 minute and power it back on. Turn off airplane mode. Wait a couple of minutes - tyhat may do it.

method two download a simcard tool kit app from the play store. Click on sim info - thats it.

So this is interesting. Off your comment, I decided to wipe and try again with the Pixel 10 rom. The problem continued! Even with the Airplane method and the Sim Info app method. So it's not exactly due to this rom. However, I don't think it's a hardware issue either, because
  • I've encountered it on both of my XZ1 compacts
  • After I encountered the No Service issue, it fixed itself for 2 hours before the problem came back. I didn't do anything to it in hardware or software to cause those changes.

At this point, I've wiped everything multiple times and tried different roms, but I still get No Service on BOTH phones. I'm going to leave it charging overnight tonight to see what happens.

Thank you to everyone for your continued suggestions! I think we're gonna solve this!

airjoe

So this is interesting. Off your comment, I decided to wipe and try again with the Pixel 10 rom. The problem continued! Even with the Airplane method and the Sim Info app method. So it's not exactly due to this rom. However, I don't think it's a hardware issue either, becauseI've encountered it on both of my XZ1 compacts
After I encountered the No Service issue, it fixed itself for 2 hours before the problem came back. I didn't do anything to it in hardware or software to cause those changes.

At this point, I've wiped everything multiple times and tried different roms, but I still get No Service on BOTH phones. I'm going to leave it charging overnight tonight to see what happens.

Thank you to everyone for your continued suggestions! I think we're gonna solve this!
I actually have two SIM in two different network providers. I experienced that when switch each SIM, device will take about 5-10 mins to get the network detect. Once the network detected, the service will be keep enabled even reboot device. However, when I change another SIM, it will take 5 mins to detect network again.

wirdSchoon

Nov 8, 2017
How reliable is it? I have noticed all other apps seems to work fine with notification LED except when in Whatsapp I receive a message I get the light normally blinking, but sometimes when I get another message from same group soon after, the blinking light disappears sometimes, not sure if it's app related so that the light would reappear if I just wait long enough.

I wanted to answer yesterday, but now it works a bit better...
Now I want to continue to observe the function of the notification LED before I spread "fake messages". At least I looked in vain in the settings of LOS 17.1 for the possibility to change the color of the LED for an app. The possibility to change colors was still integrated in LOS 16.
With Threema the LED works better at the moment than it did a few days ago. Both aCalender (old version / offline) and Threema can change the color of the LED within the app. Maybe this is the reason why the notification LED works better there.

edc9781

Jan 22, 2017
I wanted to answer yesterday, but now it works a bit better...
Now I want to continue to observe the function of the notification LED before I spread "fake messages". At least I looked in vain in the settings of LOS 17.1 for the possibility to change the color of the LED for an app. The possibility to change colors was still integrated in LOS 16.
With Threema the LED works better at the moment than it did a few days ago. Both aCalender (old version / offline) and Threema can change the color of the LED within the app. Maybe this is the reason why the notification LED works better there.

You can change the notification light color for each app under "Notification light" using "Use custom value* and adding the app with the + button top right.
I also had the problem that notifications where not working, a clean reinstall of the ROM solved the problem.

mulcahey

May 4, 2016
Success! No Service fixed!

My phone has service again after leaving it charging overnight! No idea why it's working now, but reallly hoping it sticks around. Everything is stable. Loving the Lineage & Android 10 features.

Thank you to everyone for your help troubleshooting this. Very very happy to have a working rom on my daily driver!!!

xenonism

Dec 20, 2010
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
I am having a peculiar issue with the builtin clock app. I'm sure it didn't happen with 1.0, not sure about 1.1, definitely with 1.2 which is what I am using.
Basically when you set up an alarm, half an hour before the actual alarm time the app shows a notification saying there's an upcoming alarm. The notification is not a silent one, which kinda beats the purpose of... having set the alarm half an hour later than that! :D

A related issue is that setting a countdown timer immediately produces a non-silent notification, which seems pointless but ultimately harmless.

Is this a common issue, is there a known workaround, is it just me...? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Gewiz

solo_0

Jul 5, 2020
Hi, I can't unlock my XZ1 compact.
I follow the instructions, but get stuck at:
$ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xXXXXXXXXXXXXX
It do nothing, just show 3 dots ... forever
Can someone tell what's going on. Thanks.
(I use Ubuntu 20.04)

fred0r

Nov 23, 2011
Hamburg
Cannot pickup Phonecall

i'm using the current 1.2 version and it sometimes happens, that i cannot pickup the phone when someone calls me.
the locked screen just stays black and its impossible to pickup, since the call isnt shown on the screen -but i'm also unable to unlock the phone during the call attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: nussbaum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.