[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

mod_terrik

Mar 14, 2008
Do you other T-Mobile US users still have 3g in your area? I dont, so I cant try the switch 3g/4g to get service trick. When I switch to 3g on my Pixel 4a I just have zero SIM service (no bars with an x, same on XZ1C). Does your SIM still register without 3g to toggle? Thanks!

Last edited:

FFW

May 24, 2020
Do you other T-Mobile US users still have 3g in your area? I dont, so I cant try the switch 3g/4g to get service trick. When I switch to 3g on my Pixel 4a I just have zero SIM service (no bars with an x, same on XZ1C). Does your SIM still register without 3g to toggle? Thanks!

Maybe try what I did with my phone (not in the US, but I had LTE connection problems as well and that "switch to 3G and back" task was a bit tiring every morning) - now it connects to LTE after boot or flight mode without having to switch to 3G. Still on 1.7 though.

j6jr

Oct 26, 2020
I have access to T-Mobile US 3g(HS+) in my area and this method sometimes works to register with IMS but I usually switch down to 2g and back because it tends to be quicker. The auto-switcher at boot is great for this, but I still have to manually perform this switch if I lose LTE coverage while traveling because it is unable to re-establish.

mod_terrik

Mar 14, 2008
I have access to T-Mobile US 3g(HS+) in my area and this method sometimes works to register with IMS but I usually switch down to 2g and back because it tends to be quicker. The auto-switcher at boot is great for this, but I still have to manually perform this switch if I lose LTE coverage while traveling because it is unable to re-establish.

Got it thanks. I wish the devs could find whatever proprietary voodoo Sony is doing to make it work smooth in stock and add it to the ROM. Would def. be worth paying for as far as I'm concerned.

GT500s

Nigel671

Feb 23, 2021
I've successfully installed 18.1 and things are almost perfect. (It's nice to use Android 11 and to have the potential for updates again.) However I have a couple of issues. I'd appreciate some guidance.

First I'm in the UK using the 3 network. I had to turn on the Network Switcher (in Settings/Xperia Parts) to get the network to work on reboot. I also changed the modem to amss_fsg_licla_hucth_uk_volte_vowifi_tar.mbn from ams_fsg_licaltelefonia_uk_tar.mbn. Not sure if that was necessary.

I have no need/desire to root the phone so I've not installed Magisk or anything else like that. I installed gapps and then had fun setting all my apps up again.

I have two problems now.
  1. (Most serious) I can't get gps to work. Specifically I use BackCountryNav and Waze (or I used to). Neither can determine where I am. I've tried using a gps tool but that can't get a location either. I may be mistaken but I understood that if I installed Gapps, then I don't need NLP. Is this wrong? Any ideas what I should do?
  2. The standard orginal Sony sound recorder can't access the microphone because it says the micropone is in use. Other recorders work. Shall I just live with this?
Should I try to use LOS 17 instead? Is there a clever fix or shall just go back to Sony version?

Thanks in advance

landsome

May 4, 2015
I've successfully installed 18.1 and things are almost perfect. (It's nice to use Android 11 and to have the potential for updates again.) However I have a couple of issues. I'd appreciate some guidance.

First I'm in the UK using the 3 network. I had to turn on the Network Switcher (in Settings/Xperia Parts) to get the network to work on reboot. I also changed the modem to amss_fsg_licla_hucth_uk_volte_vowifi_tar.mbn from ams_fsg_licaltelefonia_uk_tar.mbn. Not sure if that was necessary.

I have no need/desire to root the phone so I've not installed Magisk or anything else like that. I installed gapps and then had fun setting all my apps up again.

I have two problems now.
  1. (Most serious) I can't get gps to work. Specifically I use BackCountryNav and Waze (or I used to). Neither can determine where I am. I've tried using a gps tool but that can't get a location either. I may be mistaken but I understood that if I installed Gapps, then I don't need NLP. Is this wrong? Any ideas what I should do?
  2. The standard orginal Sony sound recorder can't access the microphone because it says the micropone is in use. Other recorders work. Shall I just live with this?
Should I try to use LOS 17 instead? Is there a clever fix or shall just go back to Sony version?

Thanks in advance

GPS works well for me in LOS18 and LOS17 (latest available version) with gapps.

FFW

May 24, 2020
Maybe there's a problem with my GPS chip
I had some problems with GPS (rooted, Gapps installed) when I switched to tha last LOS17 version - Google maps worked, but for some obscure reason neither HereWego nor Waze could get a reliable fix (and if they got something, they lost it as soon as I started driving). I could fix that by recalibrating the phone compass. While your error looks different, it might be worth giving it a try anyway...

Nigel671

Feb 23, 2021
I had some problems with GPS (rooted, Gapps installed) when I switched to tha last LOS17 version - Google maps worked, but for some obscure reason neither HereWego nor Waze could get a reliable fix (and if they got something, they lost it as soon as I started driving). I could fix that by recalibrating the phone compass. While your error looks different, it might be worth giving it a try anyway...
Thanks for the advice. The compass on my phone is (nearly) true. I'll try some more recalibration. Google Maps knows where I am. GPS Essentials is now seeing some satellites - wasn't seeing any earlier - but still can't get a fix.

I'll soldier on. Do you use google pay - I've heard that the trick is to install magisk and then enable magisk hide to get google pay to work. Is that correct?

claudiobar

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks for the advice. The compass on my phone is (nearly) true. I'll try some more recalibration. Google Maps knows where I am. GPS Essentials is now seeing some satellites - wasn't seeing any earlier - but still can't get a fix.

I'll soldier on. Do you use google pay - I've heard that the trick is to install magisk and then enable magisk hide to get google pay to work. Is that correct?

You need root for that, magisk, use magiskhide props config (xz1 fingerprint which is built into it) and universal safetynet fix (go back some pages in the thread you'll find the answer)
Regards

FFW

May 24, 2020

Then I cross my fingers it works for you too. What you describe now sounds similar to what I had... maybe also doublecheck the settings of the UnifiedNLP that comes with this LOS. Usually you should not need it with GApps installed as far as I understand, but anyway...

Since I do not use Google Pay (or anything similar - IMO root on a phone and direct access to my money do not work too well together) I am afraid I cannot help you with your second question. But you should find some clues further up in this thread. - edit: claudiobar was faster then me :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.