[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL - 2.0 (Update: 2021-01-20)

Search This thread

blackspawn

Jul 18, 2011
Please everyone who updated about Flamefire 20210422 to 20210603 share a short review with the community, thank you.

Dirty install over the last 17,1 release (1.7). Everything went smoothly, I wasn't using magisk before so can't speak to that.

Previously the SafetyNet test would fail on CTS profile match but now it passes so I guess that's an improvement ^_^

Weirdly enough before I had one app (experian) which started to refused to run a while ago (saying phone was rooted - it's not, only bootloader is unlocked). Now it works fine. However the santander app which was running fine before now refuses to run (same reason - because it thinks devices is rooted). I was able to fix it by deleting the TWRP folders in internal/external storage... what a stupid security check!

All other apps I had (revolut, lloyds, and others) seem to work fine.

4G seems to work fine, even after reboots (before I had to boot with 3G and switch to 4G to get service). I had to manually select the right modem (hutch uk) after enabling IMS features though.

Last edited:

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Thanks. I thought that was the case. Time for some detailed comparison of vendor repos :)
And it's nothing to do with the software or the vendor blobs - it's my phone. The stock camera hasn't worked in any of my recent builds on my development phone. It didn't work in @Flamefire's builds either. Tonight I backed up my daily driver, flashed @Flamefire's latest and the stock camera works fine. Works fine in all my recent builds on this phone too. So sveral days chasing a softwarebug or build problem that doesn't exist :) Time for a new development phone I think

sieghartRM

There is a bug where device does not vibrate after reboot if the device battery completely runs out of power and you recharge it.

I have only notice this in Lineage OS 17.1 and is the same with Flamefire's May security patch version.

The only way I was able to get vibrate after reboot back was by flashing stock Sony OS.

sieghartRM

Also another bug for do not disturb where events in Simple Calendar Pro notify with sound even though do not disturb is enabled with events settings is set to not allow in do not disturb mode and I checked in app notification settings, it is set to not override do not disturb.

OS is Lineage OS 17.1 Flamefire's May security patch version.

MRunar

Nov 21, 2013
this non google version are very good, it it my main runner from now, can anyone give me a link to support "donate" for this build. you made my phone alive again, and i just bought a "new" secondhand one , just love the size and battery life on this phones, and 3.5mm jacklol
thnx......

Zelmor

Oct 29, 2019
I'm running into an Attestation Failed error with this ROM, even when using Magisk Hide, and the Universal SafetyNet fix version 2.0test. There is a discussion on the issue here:

however, the developer stated he is not working on the issue as of now. As of now, basicIntergrity passes, but ctsProfile fails with evalType BASIC.

This issue makes using Google Payment impossible with this ROM.

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
I've been looking into the Android 12 beta lately, generally I'm not a fan of less efficient use of screen space, but the larger quick-setting tiles could actually be beneficial on a small device like the XZ1C. I've also been hearing that its "20% more CPU efficient" over Android 11 (yet to be proven). Regardless, I'm sure we would all enjoy some extra battery life if it turns out to be more power efficient in any capacity. I'll certainly be interested to see how it performs on our device once (hopefully) it is eventually ported as a new LineageOS version. Interesting stuff! Once again, a huge thank you to the modders on this thread like @modpunk and @Flamefire for keeping the XZ1C alive.

Reactions: i.j

misterbirra

Mar 17, 2021
- A very big limitation of original XZ1C is that you cannot move apps to external SD, to free some internal space. Is it still like that with this rom? (example for WhatsApp and its huge internal memory footprint).
Hello! Can someone answer this question I made time ago? It is very important to me and I believe it is fairly easy to verify.
Thank you

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
Hello! Can someone answer this question I made time ago? It is very important to me and I believe it is fairly easy to verify.
Thank you
I'm don't WhatsApp user but I'm know the WhatsApp app contains internal solution for choice the sd card for database space but the main WhatsApp app stay in the internal storage.

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
Hi to everyone i'm on the december release, can you help me adding magisk? (Every passage and right file) thank you
Welcome!

mulcahey

May 4, 2016
Now that Modpunk is back, do we know if there will be any updates to LOS 18.1? Latest security patch is January...

I know we've got Flamefire's 17 with more recent patches, but not sure I can downgrade successfully. An updated 18 would be preferable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 17.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• UnifiedNlp doesn't work with LineageOS 18.1 yet
    • Spell checking doesn't switch if you change keyboards

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot
    Source Code: https://github.com/whatawurst/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2021-01-20
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-01-20 | 2.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to LinageOS 18.1/Android 11
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.251
    • Updated sdfat Kernel driver
    • Update Wireguard to v1.0.20201221
    • XperiaParts improvements
    • Stock camera is gone due incompatibility of camera libs in android 11, alternatively you can use OpenCamera or Snap (in-built) for stock quality photos
    • WFD is still work in progress

2020-12-17 | 1.7 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.243
    • Updated WireGuard to .0.20201112 snapshot
    • Added XperiaParts app
    • Improved IMS support

2020-10-26 | 1.6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.240
    • Updated WireGuard to 1.0.20200908 snapshot
    • Added Seedvault (Video)
    • Fixed bluetooth regression
    • Removed LOS Snap in favor of stock camera. That fixes issues with launching the camera from lockscreen using the camera button.
    • Added IMS support (again) (thanks again to @Rooted_Ansh and also @Shujath for the help)
    • Boot improvements

2020-09-11 | 1.5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.235
    • Updated graphics stack
    • Fixed GPS issues
    • Fixed DRM issues
    • Fixed issues with bluetooth audio

2020-08-09 | 1.4 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.232
    • Fixed camera memory leak
    • Updated camera app to the one from XZ2c
    • Fixed GPS issues

2020-07-14 | 1.3 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to XZ2 stock camera app (does not fix the memory leak)
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-06-07 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to latest LinageOS security release

2020-05-29 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux Kernel 4.4.224
    • Update to Wireguard 1.0.20200520
    • Fixed wifi driver (should be fast again)

2020-04-11 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to Linux 4.4.214
    • Updated Wireguard to 1.0
    • Updated wifi driver
    • Moved to AOSP bluetooth audio HAL v2
    • Enabled wifi 2.4GHz channel bonding (increase wifi speed)

2020-02-28 | RC0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213
    • Initial release
    I've just released version 1.7.

This will be the last release for lineage-17.1. The next release will be lineage-18.1 ...
    Version 1.4 is out with fixes for camera and GPS.
    Version 2.0 based on LineageOS 18.1 is out! Have fun.