• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 - UNOFFICIAL | Android 11

Search This thread
Oct 5, 2014
Forget what I've said just updated the lineage Rom, finally learned how to fix the fingerprint gesture, the link already has been updated to the new one.
thanks for the contribution colleague, just a query this rom Lineage 18.1 has the sound bug or not? So I don't flash everything again and I waste time is the only thing I hate about the roms that are published, that bug is very annoying to me, although with headphones the sound is not affected in Android 11

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
@Broly, is this your daily driver ? Any niggles with it ? I was considering partially de-googling PE11 but I think I'd prefer to start from scratch with this rom instead. Been a while since i've used lineageos though. thanks

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
Yes it is my daily driver, only issue is the audio that get low on some ocasions, but that affects all ROMs a11 for our device so far.

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
cool, I've not had this issue on PE11 but not a show-stopper.
It does happen on PE too we use the same source, but it doesn't bother me that much only happens on speaker not Bluetooth, there is a magisk workaround like audio-compatbility-patch but I don't use it, we are investigating and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

B2Pi

Jan 19, 2011
It's only a backup phone for me, but I'm finding it pretty smooth. The performance of the phone, though (before and after the upgrade to this ROM) seems to be steadily deteriorating

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
only flashed it yesterday but it's pretty smooth and a breeze a fresh air without any gapps. feeling liberated :). i've got a few apps which need google play services so i'll see what microg can do, if not i'll ditch them. thanks a lot for the work !

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
only flashed it yesterday but it's pretty smooth and a breeze a fresh air without any gapps. feeling liberated :). i've got a few apps which need google play services so i'll see what microg can do, if not i'll ditch them. thanks a lot for the work !
I've build a new one today with the audio fix and june security patch

had issues dirty flashing it so recommend clean install, let me know if you find any bugs

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Flashed the latest image and nikgapps core from twrp (i'm a sucker, couldn't do without gapps, signature spoofing etc...was becoming too complicated) and had no issues after rebooting. actually i was surprised it didn't affect magisk (y).

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
Do you know if dual sim is working ?
I remember we had quite a few issues with the modem on more recent android versions
1. dual sim works fine on my phone but android 11 does not let you disable a specific sim. they're always both active.
2. wifi hotspot works fine too. tested on the latest image. not tried teethering over bluetooth.

Reactions: Broly

rox4d

Jun 20, 2021
What about led ? I dream about led notifications (don'`t know how led connected to soc, it's possible this gpio doesn't have a pwm and it too cost in this case, or something else).

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
It seems that sometimes notifications from apps (or my alarm clock today) don't show until i press the power button. it's happened a few times this week but a bit random and not systematic. My alarms (i have 3 or more a day) had worked flawlessly until this glitch today. It's weird.

Anybody else experienced this ?

rox4d

Jun 20, 2021
It seems that sometimes notifications from apps (or my alarm clock today) don't show until i press the power button. it's happened a few times this week but a bit random and not systematic. My alarms (i have 3 or more a day) had worked flawlessly until this glitch today. It's weird.

It looks like i have the same with other device (redmi 7a) and LineageOS-18.1 (from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-arm64-unofficial-lineageos-18-1-for-redmi-7a-pine.4267861/). I am yet to install LineageOS on motorola g6.

Broly

Dec 12, 2013

Notifications seems to be working fine for me, I have yet to test the alarm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks ... I got it ... but this is absolutly new for me.
    There are things ... you learn more every day.
    I have flashed so many devices with LOS and other Custom ROMS and I never heard about 32-bit or 64-bit TWRP's.
    Is the official TWRP a 32-bit-version?

The stock ROM is 32bits but our hardware is 64bit capable, Motorola never released a 64bit system for this device, and no the official 32bits TWRP only works with stock it is useless for custom ROMs As all custom ROMs are 64bits for it.
    Suggestion:
    Complete the first article with a supplement to the TWRP and a download link..
    Then you may have to explain it less often.
    I've updated the instructions, check it out and let me know if its good enough .
    I've updated the instructions, check it out and let me know if its good enough .

Seems nearly perfect to me!

One suggestion / complement (second line in Bold):
    >>>Download the latest Lineage build and gapps and place them ...
    >>>Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ...

Although I have enough experience, I will work through your instructions step-by-step as a test as soon as my device is there at the end of the week. ;-)
    If necessary, I will then write you additional suggestions.

Hello Broly,

today my Moto G6 arrived - I tested instruction as promised.

I would perhaps add the following items to the instructions:

>>>You will need adb and fastboot installed to your PC
    >>>You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC

>>>tap on Back, Advanced Wipe select everything except USB OTG
    >>>tap twice on Back, Advanced Wipe select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
    photo_2021-02-08_09-30-13.png

Released: 06/17/21

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

"keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff"

Instructions :

To flash any custom Rom to the moto g6 ali the first thing you need is to unlock the boot loader,
    instructions in PTBR and ENG can be found HERE

Once you have your boot loader unlocked you will need to flash the 64bit version of OrageFox recovery
    as all custom ROM's for this device are 64bits except the stock Rom,
    -> Download

To flash OrangeFox recovery:

You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC
    Put your phone in fastboot mode, plug it to the PC and use this commands:

To temporarily boot the recovery
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To install permanently
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

to reboot to recovery
    fastboot reboot recovery

To flash lineage or any other custom ROM:
    tap on trash icon, then Format Data, type "yes" without quotes
    then select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
    and Swipe to wipe
    keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff.
    Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ,
    in your SD-Card, tap on files icon, find your SD card,
    tap on the ROM name, and "Swipe to confirm Flash",
    Once that is done tap on "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" and Swipe to wipe, tap on back then select your gapps if you want gapps and flash it "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" again and reboot system.

* Download
    Mirror
    * Donate
    * Custom-Boot-Logos
    Changelog:

* Fingerprint Gesture now works
    * Kernel improvments
    * Gapps not included

Credits:
    @jeangraff30 For the source and much more
    • All the people who helped me test

By @Broly
    Follow @MotoG6update
    I've build a new one today with the audio fix and june security patch

had issues dirty flashing it so recommend clean install, let me know if you find any bugs
    What sources are you using OP? I am trying to build 18.1 but failing, I need Signature Spoofing support, but first I am trying to build an unofficial stock build. Unfortunately, I believe I am using the wrong sources or lacking one or two.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm using same source as pixelexperience ROM, https://github.com/Broly1/local_manifests/blob/lineage18.1/romservice.xml
    Is there anyway to upgrade from LOS17.1 and restore all Apps, Apps, etc?

Unfortunately no way to upgrade it has to be clean install.