• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 - UNOFFICIAL | Android 11

Search This thread

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
@rox4d , thanks for the feedback (although I don't see any specific about my issue on the link you shared).
@Broly , alarm was fine this morning. i "un-optimised" battery usage of some services/apps, maybe i had mistankly overdone it. will keep an eye on it. still running very smoothly :)

Stay2HigH

Dec 28, 2020
Poland
I had the same problem with the moto g6 (Ali) . I fixed this by flashing this twrp. Others older and newer twrp had the same password problem

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
I had the same problem with the moto g6 (Ali) . I fixed this by flashing this twrp. Others older and newer twrp had the same password problem
Newer twrp works fine, you will always get the password thing whenever you come from stock because stock is encrypted format data and wipe everything and you are all set.

ncbigfoot

Jun 26, 2021
Details about my phone:
XT1925-6 Moto G6
Build Number PPS29.118-15-11-17

Hi guys. I don't know what in the world I'm doing wrong (I'm new to custom ROMs). I want to install LineageOS 18.1 but I can't get twrp to install. I was able to unlock the bootloader. Then, using "Minimal ADB and Fastboot", I ran the following commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img
fastboot reboot

At this point, shouldn't I have twrp installed on my phone? I shut down the phone, then I press the power and volumn down bottons but instead of seeing twrp, I still see the standard bootloader.

Here is the message I get when I run "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img
target reported max download size of 534773760 bytes
sending 'recovery' (16194 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.362s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt
OKAY [ 0.212s]
finished. total time: 0.585s

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
Details about my phone:
XT1925-6 Moto G6
Build Number PPS29.118-15-11-17

Hi guys. I don't know what in the world I'm doing wrong (I'm new to custom ROMs). I want to install LineageOS 18.1 but I can't get twrp to install. I was able to unlock the bootloader. Then, using "Minimal ADB and Fastboot", I ran the following commands:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-0-ali.img
fastboot reboot

At this point, shouldn't I have twrp installed on my phone? I shut down the phone, then I press the power and volumn down bottons but instead of seeing twrp, I still see the standard bootloader.

Here is the message I get when I run "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.5.2_9-

You probably used 32 bit TWRP get the 64-bit Version here I recommend TWRP as ofox is a little bit unstable

Recovery download

Last edited:

ncbigfoot

Jun 26, 2021
You probably used 32 bit TWRP get the 64-bit Version here I recommend TWRP as ofox is a little bit unstable

Recovery download
So, using "Minimal ADB and Fastboot", if I run:

fastboot boot mali.img

the phone switches to twrp. But if I run:

fastboot flash recovery mali.img

afterwards I turn off the phone then press the power and volumn down bottons but I still see the regular bootloader (the green android image laying on it's side with an open panel). I think it is called "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)". Is the problem the line that reads "(bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt"? Here is the output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery mali.img
sending 'recovery' (21620 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.470s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.244s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
So, using "Minimal ADB and Fastboot", if I run:

fastboot boot mali.img

the phone switches to twrp. But if I run:

fastboot flash recovery mali.img

afterwards I turn off the phone then press the power and volumn down bottons but I still see the regular bootloader (the green android image laying on it's side with an open panel). I think it is called "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)". Is the problem the line that reads "(bootloader) Image not signed or corrupt"? Here is the output:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery mali.img
sending 'recovery' (21620 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.470s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.244s]
finished. total time: 0.717s

if you are using the new one from my link
run fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
but any ways if you used the old mali.img recovery it should
have worked

Jun 26, 2021
Hy there.
I registered for this ROM for my "new" G6...
I have exactly the same problem as ncbigfoot. Tried 3 several twrp.img, all the same result.
Maybe, the usb cable is corruptet?
Is it possibly to boot twrp with fastboot boot twrp.img and flash it "with itself"?
Sorry, my english is very bad and sorry for OT.
Thank you very much for answering.

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
Hy there.
I registered for this ROM for my "new" G6...
I have exactly the same problem as ncbigfoot. Tried 3 several twrp.img, all the same result.
Maybe, the usb cable is corruptet?
Is it possibly to boot twrp with fastboot boot twrp.img and flash it "with itself"?
Sorry, my english is very bad and sorry for OT.
Thank you very much for answering.
Yes you can try that, I would format data wipe everything and flash the ROM first, then I would try the command again fastboot flash recovery twrp.img if that doesn't work then try flashing it through TWRP it self like you said.

Reactions: Zitronenfalltür
Jun 26, 2021
I received the Code from Motorola webside and unlocked it. While starting phone, i see a warning

Is it correct so? this Image remains for about 2 Minutes, then normal boot.
20210626_193759.jpg

ncbigfoot

Jun 26, 2021
I too receive the same start up warning so my bootloader is unlocked. When you say format data wipe everything and flash the ROM you are referring to the factory reset option in settings, correct?

"Format data wipe everything and flash" the ROM is one operation, right?

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
I too receive the same start up warning so my bootloader is unlocked. When you say format data wipe everything and flash the ROM you are referring to the factory reset option in settings, correct?

"Format data wipe everything and flash" the ROM is one operation, right?
5 Operations:
1 tap wipe then
2 Format Data
3 Advanced Wipe
4 select everything except micro SD card and otg if you have newer TWRP
5 swipe to wipe

Reactions: breversa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks ... I got it ... but this is absolutly new for me.
    There are things ... you learn more every day.
    I have flashed so many devices with LOS and other Custom ROMS and I never heard about 32-bit or 64-bit TWRP's.
    Is the official TWRP a 32-bit-version?

The stock ROM is 32bits but our hardware is 64bit capable, Motorola never released a 64bit system for this device, and no the official 32bits TWRP only works with stock it is useless for custom ROMs As all custom ROMs are 64bits for it.
    Suggestion:
    Complete the first article with a supplement to the TWRP and a download link..
    Then you may have to explain it less often.
    I've updated the instructions, check it out and let me know if its good enough .
    I've updated the instructions, check it out and let me know if its good enough .

Seems nearly perfect to me!

One suggestion / complement (second line in Bold):
    >>>Download the latest Lineage build and gapps and place them ...
    >>>Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ...

Although I have enough experience, I will work through your instructions step-by-step as a test as soon as my device is there at the end of the week. ;-)
    If necessary, I will then write you additional suggestions.

Hello Broly,

today my Moto G6 arrived - I tested instruction as promised.

I would perhaps add the following items to the instructions:

>>>You will need adb and fastboot installed to your PC
    >>>You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC

>>>tap on Back, Advanced Wipe select everything except USB OTG
    >>>tap twice on Back, Advanced Wipe select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
    photo_2021-02-08_09-30-13.png

Released: 06/17/21

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

"keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff"

Instructions :

To flash any custom Rom to the moto g6 ali the first thing you need is to unlock the boot loader,
    instructions in PTBR and ENG can be found HERE

Once you have your boot loader unlocked you will need to flash the 64bit version of OrageFox recovery
    as all custom ROM's for this device are 64bits except the stock Rom,
    -> Download

To flash OrangeFox recovery:

You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC
    Put your phone in fastboot mode, plug it to the PC and use this commands:

To temporarily boot the recovery
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To install permanently
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

to reboot to recovery
    fastboot reboot recovery

To flash lineage or any other custom ROM:
    tap on trash icon, then Format Data, type "yes" without quotes
    then select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
    and Swipe to wipe
    keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff.
    Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ,
    in your SD-Card, tap on files icon, find your SD card,
    tap on the ROM name, and "Swipe to confirm Flash",
    Once that is done tap on "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" and Swipe to wipe, tap on back then select your gapps if you want gapps and flash it "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" again and reboot system.

* Download
    Mirror
    * Donate
    * Custom-Boot-Logos
    Changelog:

* Fingerprint Gesture now works
    * Kernel improvments
    * Gapps not included

Credits:
    @jeangraff30 For the source and much more
    • All the people who helped me test

By @Broly
    Follow @MotoG6update
    only flashed it yesterday but it's pretty smooth and a breeze a fresh air without any gapps. feeling liberated :). i've got a few apps which need google play services so i'll see what microg can do, if not i'll ditch them. thanks a lot for the work !
    I've build a new one today with the audio fix and june security patch

had issues dirty flashing it so recommend clean install, let me know if you find any bugs
    What sources are you using OP? I am trying to build 18.1 but failing, I need Signature Spoofing support, but first I am trying to build an unofficial stock build. Unfortunately, I believe I am using the wrong sources or lacking one or two.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm using same source as pixelexperience ROM, https://github.com/Broly1/local_manifests/blob/lineage18.1/romservice.xml
    Is there anyway to upgrade from LOS17.1 and restore all Apps, Apps, etc?

Unfortunately no way to upgrade it has to be clean install.