• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]LineageOS 18.1 - UNOFFICIAL | Android 11

Search This thread

aswiseman

Jan 24, 2012
Moto X Play
Lenovo P2
Flashed this (version RQ3A.210605.005) with Pico Open Gapps to my Moto G6 and found that everything seems to work OK, including the LED which shines brightly when the phone is charging and flashes when there's an alert. Really great work! (I did initially think there was an issue with low call volume, but embarrassingly I still had the plastic screen cover on the phone after it had come back from being repaired!)

Last edited:

rm43115

May 13, 2017
So ... with me it looks like this:
The combination of OrangeFox recovery and OpenGapps seems to be the trick, i. I have no inconsistencies in this combination for several days.
I have started the recovery several times to perform backups or other maintenance tasks. I have used the LineageOS intensively.
... and, as I said no more problems!

@ Broly: I would recommend to customize the text in the first thread accordingly.

P.S.:
By the way, I had consistency problems with the old TWRP (3.3.1) in combination with OpenGapps, too.

Broly

Dec 12, 2013
So ... with me it looks like this:
The combination of OrangeFox recovery and OpenGapps seems to be the trick, i. I have no inconsistencies in this combination for several days.
I have started the recovery several times to perform backups or other maintenance tasks. I have used the LineageOS intensively.
... and, as I said no more problems!

@ Broly: I would recommend to customize the text in the first thread accordingly.

P.S.:
By the way, I had consistency problems with the old TWRP (3.3.1) in combination with OpenGapps, too.
thanks for the feedback will fix it soon.

mdianov87

Jul 22, 2021
View attachment 5217239

Released: 06/17/21

* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

"keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff"

Instructions :

To flash any custom Rom to the moto g6 ali the first thing you need is to unlock the boot loader,
instructions in PTBR and ENG can be found HERE

Once you have your boot loader unlocked you will need to flash the 64bit version of OrageFox recovery
as all custom ROM's for this device are 64bits except the stock Rom,
-> Download

To flash OrangeFox recovery:

You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC
Put your phone in fastboot mode, plug it to the PC and use this commands:

To temporarily boot the recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img

To install permanently
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

to reboot to recovery
fastboot reboot recovery

To flash lineage or any other custom ROM:
tap on trash icon, then Format Data, type "yes" without quotes
then select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
and Swipe to wipe
keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff.
Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ,
in your SD-Card, tap on files icon, find your SD card,
tap on the ROM name, and "Swipe to confirm Flash",
Once that is done tap on "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" and Swipe to wipe, tap on back then select your gapps if you want gapps and flash it "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" again and reboot system.

* Download
Mirror
* Donate
* Custom-Boot-Logos
Changelog:

* Fingerprint Gesture now works
* Kernel improvments
* Gapps not included

Credits:
@jeangraff30 For the source and much more
• All the people who helped me test

By @Broly
Follow @MotoG6update
Hello! Has anyone been able to run screen mirroring (Miracast)?

Gabe_

Jul 20, 2021
Hello,
I've been using this cool ROM a bit less than a month now on a G6 that my dad gave me. I installed it with a pico Gapps and twrp 64bits.
I have questions about the overall battery usage. I've tried to limit power consumption to the max:
- Tracked consumption from apps.
- Set performances to increase battery life instead of performances
- Shutdown data, bluetooth, wifi, NFC and GPS when not using them (most of the time, I'm using 50Mo of data a month, never uses GPS, Bluetooth and NFC, use 5min of wifi max per day).
- Got 1.7Go of RAM used.
- Have only one Google account with sync disabled.
- Limit screen brightness.
Etc.
I know the phone is not brand new. The battery has been used for 2 years. But still I'm a bit deceived by the power consumption, I've read it should:
Up to approx. 36 hours Usage Time
Up to approx. 13 days Standby Time
Usage time is ok, with the power limitations mentioned above, it takes about 48h to go down to 15%.
My concern is about the standby power consumption. I had the phone in airplane mode during 8h without using it and it drains as much power as not being in airplane mode for 8hours and not using it (and about 10% of battery is used during the 8 hours...).
I previously had a Zenfone 2 with a stock ROM that could last 4/5 days with such a use, so I'm wondering:
- Have I missed some setting somewhere that could lower the battery use?
- Or is it just the G6/Android 11 which is not the best at saving battery?
- Or could it be the ROM that missed some low power / deep sleep improv?
(A long time ago, I worked on the very first Motorola's software power management for their first Android Phones on TI targets, and I remember it as a great nightmare...)
Thanks for your answers!

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Hi everybody,

Anyone else having issues with lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip when installing Magisk v23 ?

lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip boots fine, but once I install Magisk v23, either from TWRP with a zip, or by flashing the patched boot img prepared from the Magisk app, the phone will never finish booting up and will stay on the boot animation for what seems forever (well, maybe not forever, but several minutes is still way too long)

mdianov87

Jul 22, 2021
Hi everybody,

Anyone else having issues with lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip when installing Magisk v23 ?

lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip boots fine, but once I install Magisk v23, either from TWRP with a zip, or by flashing the patched boot img prepared from the Magisk app, the phone will never finish booting up and will stay on the boot animation for what seems forever (well, maybe not forever, but several minutes is still way too long)
Hi. I use Pixel Experience Rom. I have observed the same issue with this version Magisk. I advise you to put Magisk v. 21

Reactions: breversa

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Thanks ! I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one, though it's the first time that Magisk v23 gives me any issue.

I'll try with v21.4 and see how it goes.

EDIT :
No luck so far. It's getting late so I'll try something else later.

Last edited:

Hei Wiper

Jan 19, 2017
Hi everybody,

Used to happen to me in the first boots and I would just force restart during the boot animation. It's not happening anymore lately (I just tested now).

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Well, I eventually managed to install Magisk by doing the following :
- install OrangeFox recovery
- install lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip (after wiping /system but NOT /data as is wasn't backed up)
- install Magisk v21.4 zip
- boot
- from the Magisk app, upgrade Magisk to v23

I then had a hard time trying to get signature spoofing working for MicroG, which I achieved by tinkering with Riru and LSposed modules.

I should be able to wipe the phone clean and try a full install again in a few days. I'll try and keep you posted.

Thanks for your replies, everyone. :)

Reactions: Hei Wiper

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
hi, anyone got safetynet to pass ? any link to a good tutorial ? got lost half-way through the different settings to change in the one i tried :rolleyes:. tx.

buddy96

Aug 22, 2018
hi, anyone got safetynet to pass ? any link to a good tutorial ? got lost half-way through the different settings to change in the one i tried :rolleyes:. tx.
I'll answer myself as I finally managed to make it work:
- install magiskhide props module and reboot​
- run "su" and "props" in a terminal​
- select "1 - edit device fingerprint" and "f - pick a certified fingerprint"​
- select "7 - google" and "26 - pixel 5" as the device​
- back in the main menu​
- select "6 - script settings"​
- select "6 - background boot script" and enable it (seems to be disabled by default and I think that's I went wrong initially)​
- reboot device​
- basic magisk safetynet check is now a success​

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Well, I eventually managed to install Magisk by doing the following :
- install OrangeFox recovery
- install lineage-18.1-20210617-UNOFFICIAL-ali.zip (after wiping /system but NOT /data as is wasn't backed up)
- install Magisk v21.4 zip
- boot
- from the Magisk app, upgrade Magisk to v23

I then had a hard time trying to get signature spoofing working for MicroG, which I achieved by tinkering with Riru and LSposed modules.

I should be able to wipe the phone clean and try a full install again in a few days. I'll try and keep you posted.

Thanks for your replies, everyone. :)
I reinstalled this ROM last night, and managed to install Magisk without any issue by following the *supported* procedure (https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html) and NOT by renaming the Magisk apk to zip then trying to flash it (as I had been doing for ages).

Enabling signature spoofing (for MicroG), however, made me pull my hair out. I had to install several Magisk modules (Riru, Riru LSposed), then FakeGApss, then allow every needed app… Man, what a hassle.

@Broly : Would you consider adding signature spoofing support in your LineageOS ROM (or even better : integrate MicroG) ? It would make my day SO much easier. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Broly : Would you consider adding signature spoofing support in your LineageOS ROM (or even better : integrate MicroG) ? It would make my day SO much easier. ;)
    arrow rom already support spoofing but we can't receive text message without gapps, we have tested many roms including android 10 with different tree and none receive text, so we are trying to figure why, if we figure out maybe I try to build lineage for micro-G but no promises.
    What the best google package? (I want minimum no bloat). Anything in settings would be nice to have. I dont want android auto installed cause need to install it seperate.

Edit installed with gapps nano and android auto not working.

Edit again. Seems it was the usb connection setting. Had to be on MIDI.
    What the best google package? (I want minimum no bloat). Anything in settings would be nice to have. I dont want android auto installed cause need to install it seperate.

Edit installed with gapps nano and android auto not working.

Edit again. Seems it was the usb connection setting. Had to be on MIDI.
    just use nik gapps core, and use add on to setupwizard and android auto if you want... open gapps is not a good choice for now.
    just use nik gapps core, and use add on to setupwizard and android auto if you want... open gapps is not a good choice for now.
    I installed with open gapps for testing and seemed to work fine? I am confused.
    photo_2021-02-08_09-30-13.png

Released: 06/17/21

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

"keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff"

Instructions :

To flash any custom Rom to the moto g6 ali the first thing you need is to unlock the boot loader,
    instructions in PTBR and ENG can be found HERE

Once you have your boot loader unlocked you will need to flash the 64bit version of OrageFox recovery
    as all custom ROM's for this device are 64bits except the stock Rom,
    -> Download

To flash OrangeFox recovery:

You will need adb and fastboot (and adb/fastboot drivers) installed to your PC
    Put your phone in fastboot mode, plug it to the PC and use this commands:

To temporarily boot the recovery
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To install permanently
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

to reboot to recovery
    fastboot reboot recovery

To flash lineage or any other custom ROM:
    tap on trash icon, then Format Data, type "yes" without quotes
    then select everything except Micro SD card and USB OTG
    and Swipe to wipe
    keep in mind this will wipe everything so always backup your stuff.
    Download the latest Lineage build and gapps (ARM64-Version!) and place them ,
    in your SD-Card, tap on files icon, find your SD card,
    tap on the ROM name, and "Swipe to confirm Flash",
    Once that is done tap on "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" and Swipe to wipe, tap on back then select your gapps if you want gapps and flash it "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" again and reboot system.

* Download
    Mirror
    * Donate
    * Custom-Boot-Logos
    Changelog:

* August Security patch

Credits:
    @jeangraff30 For the source and much more
    • All the people who helped me test

By @Broly
    Follow @MotoG6update
    only flashed it yesterday but it's pretty smooth and a breeze a fresh air without any gapps. feeling liberated :). i've got a few apps which need google play services so i'll see what microg can do, if not i'll ditch them. thanks a lot for the work !
    I've build a new one today with the audio fix and june security patch

had issues dirty flashing it so recommend clean install, let me know if you find any bugs
    What sources are you using OP? I am trying to build 18.1 but failing, I need Signature Spoofing support, but first I am trying to build an unofficial stock build. Unfortunately, I believe I am using the wrong sources or lacking one or two.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm using same source as pixelexperience ROM, https://github.com/Broly1/local_manifests/blob/lineage18.1/romservice.xml
    Is there anyway to upgrade from LOS17.1 and restore all Apps, Apps, etc?

Unfortunately no way to upgrade it has to be clean install.
    Updated the links with new build.