[ROM] LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL [Updated 2021-3-31]

Search This thread

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
LineageOS 18.1 for Sony Xperia XZ Premium

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for fixing anything (preferably dmesg and logcat).

FEATURES
  • EAS kernel (thanks to @linckandrea )
  • Forced Encryption with FDE (Full Disk Encryption)

DOWNLOAD
Please check changelogs and download links at #2

maple (G8141):
twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple

maple_dsds (G8142):
twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple_dsds

INSTALLATION

Clean flash recommended when updating from Android 10 or stock:
1. Flash latest stock firmware (47.2.A.10.107) with newflasher.
2. Flash and boot the new twrp given in this thread.
3. Format data and wipe everything.
4. Flash the ROM, GApps (if needed) and root (if needed).
5. If you have IMS (VoLTE) working on stock, enable IMS in Settings - XperiaParts.

Note: If you are updating from Android 10 and can't boot the new TWRP, please backup your stuffs and format data by using either the old TWRP or fastboot -w. This is required because there are some adjusts in userdata image size to fix FDE encryption.

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

Google Apps

Both OpenGApps and NikGApps should work. You can download and install the Google Apps from opengapps.org. You need ARM64 and 11.x. Open GApps for Android 11 is still in beta. You can download those releases here.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • WFD is not working
  • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
Contributors
derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh, linckandrea

Telegram Group

Source Code
maple:
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_maple
maple_dsds: https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_maple_dsds

kernel: https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998

Rom Information
ROM OS Version:
Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 2021-01-21

Thread Information
Created
2021-01-21
Last Updated 2021-03-31

Last edited:

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
2021-3-31
  • March Security Update
  • Vulkan fix (thanks to @linckandrea )
  • New IMS implement (Please enable IMS option in Xperia Parts if you have IMS working on stock.)
  • EAS kernel (thanks to @linckandrea )
  • Forced Encryption since this release.
Download links:
G8141: lineage-18.1-20210331-UNOFFICIAL-maple.zip
G8142: lineage-18.1-20210331-UNOFFICIAL-maple_dsds.zip

2021-01-20

Initial release. Download links:
G8141:lineage-18.1-20210120-UNOFFICIAL-maple
G8142: lineage-18.1-20210119-UNOFFICIAL-maple_dsds

Last edited:

kgvarunkanth

Nov 21, 2015
LineageOS 18.1 for Sony Xperia XZ Premium

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for fixing anything (preferably dmesg and logcat).

FEATURES
  • Signed with dev keys
  • Up-to-date kernel
  • WireGuard kernel support
  • FDE Encryption support

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest releases here:

maple (G8141):
twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple
lineage-18.1-20210120-UNOFFICIAL-maple

maple_dsds (G8142):
twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple_dsds
lineage-18.1-20210119-UNOFFICIAL-maple_dsds

INSTALLATION

Clean flash recommended when updating from Android 10 or stock:
1. Flash latest stock firmware (47.2.A.10.107) with newflasher.
2. Flash and boot the new twrp given in this post.
3. Flash the ROM, GApps (if needed) and root (if needed).

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

Google Apps

Both OpenGApps and NikGApps should work. You can download and install the Google Apps from opengapps.org. You need ARM64 and 11.x. Open GApps for Android 11 is still in beta. You can download those releases here.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • WFD is not working yet (waiting for new non-BSP blobs)
  • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
Contributors
derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh

Telegram Group

Source Code
maple:
https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_maple
maple_dsds: https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_maple_dsds

kernel: https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998

Rom Information
ROM OS Version:
Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 2021-01-21

Thread Information
Created
2021-01-21
Last Updated 2021-01-21
Awesome work mate!

Reactions: born2bkilled

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
Sony Xperia 5 II
just tried flashing twrp to my phone (single sim) running aosp 11, and it couldnt get past the splash screen.
also tried fastboot booting the image,and it just hangs on the sony logo.

it could be the kernel im using, ill try a complete wipe and reinstall of this rom and twrp tonight.

EDIT: flashing stock rom to start fixed it. everything works as it should now.

Last edited:

ted5300

• Jan 5, 2012
    The twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple isn't working well on G8141 model with this ROM. I've using twrp 3.2.1 and I can say that it is more stable. I've seen that after the flashing I cannot reach the TWRP after reboot and I need to reinstalling the TWRP again. With others ROM's the issue not exist.

Next79

Sep 9, 2016
    The twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple isn't working well on G8141 model with this ROM. I've using twrp 3.2.1 and I can say that it is more stable. I've seen that after the flashing I cannot reach the TWRP after reboot and I need to reinstalling the TWRP again. With others ROM's the issue not exist.
    On my g8141 all things work. I have flash twrp 3.5 with old 3.4 . Format data,reboot twrp,format data,reboot back to twrp. After this 2 format,i flash the rom+gapps mini.(no reflash stock)All runs good. But i miss the PixelExp:)

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
    Sony Xperia 5 II
    i was having the same issue, i fixed it by flashing back to stock firmware before flashing twrp and this rom.

now running twrp 3.5.0 and lineageos 18.1 rooted with magisk 21.4 with no issues.

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
    just tried flashing twrp to my phone (single sim) running aosp 11, and it couldnt get past the splash screen.
    also tried fastboot booting the image,and it just hangs on the sony logo.

it could be the kernel im using, ill try a complete wipe and reinstall of this rom and twrp tonight.

EDIT: flashing stock rom to start fixed it. everything works as it should now.
    Note: If you are updating from Android 10 and can't boot the new TWRP, please backup your stuffs and format data by using either the old TWRP or fastboot -w. This is required because there are some adjusts in userdata image size to fix FDE encryption.

ted5300

• Jan 5, 2012
    Thank you for your feedback, but the situation is the same with TWRP. :confused: I've used fastboot -w. nothing changed. Then I format data from the new TWRP 3.5 and after reboot I can't go to TWRP again. Some other ideas what I can try? Regards

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
    Sony Xperia 5 II
    Thank you for your feedback, but the situation is the same with TWRP. :confused: I've used fastboot -w. nothing changed. Then I format data from the new TWRP 3.5 and after reboot I can't go to TWRP again. Some other ideas what I can try? Regards

Start from stock ROM. Use xperifirm to download the latest stock Rom and use newflasher to flash it. Then flash twrp, lineage and magisk.

Thats how I did it.

beammer335d

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for your hard work on this. Flashed this, working great, love having 2 day battery life. With NO gapps. It’s all about privacy
    Hopefully you are still working on is

Reactions: fobtob387

NFec__

Oct 1, 2017
    First of all: Many thanks for spending all the effort to create this ROM for the old Sony XZ Premium!!!

So far I was using Bliss ROM but the new Android security issues made me to wake up and look for something fresher ;-)

I do have a G8141 (German) device. Flashing worked quite well and the system was booting up quickly. (ROM+TWRP 3.5+openGApps nano+Magist 21.4)

So far I detected just one issue yet which I would like to report:
    WLAN and mobile connection not stable. I required me 4 reboot attempts to get a more stable connection. WLAN was constantly dropping out and only a reboot at the end made the device to reconnect. Same for cellular connection. After around 4 reboots I have a stable connection now.
    I will monitor the behaviour and hopefully it will become stable after all Google Apps are installed etc..
    I will let you know.

NFec__

Oct 1, 2017
    First of all: Many thanks for spending all the effort to create this ROM for the old Sony XZ Premium!!!

So far I was using Bliss ROM but the new Android security issues made me to wake up and look for something fresher ;-)

I do have a G8141 (German) device. Flashing worked quite well and the system was booting up quickly. (ROM+TWRP 3.5+openGApps nano+Magist 21.4)

So far I detected just one issue yet which I would like to report:
    WLAN and mobile connection not stable. I required me 4 reboot attempts to get a more stable connection. WLAN was constantly dropping out and only a reboot at the end made the device to reconnect. Same for cellular connection. After around 4 reboots I have a stable connection now.
    I will monitor the behaviour and hopefully it will become stable after all Google Apps are installed etc..
    I will let you know.

Finally I am giving up. I am not able to get a stable WLAN or cellular connection. After installing it again and again (format data twice, factory reset etc., starting all over with latest stock FW) am not getting it working properly. After 1-2 hours, WLAN is not able to connect anymore and cellular is detected incl. carrier but dropping off and data connection not possible to establish.

Really strange was the latest/ last Sony FW everything works. With other ROMS I am running into similar problems. Sometimes cellular is not detected, but WLAN works and sometimes both are not working. Last fully working alternative ROM was Bliss from late September 2020. After reading that several of you are successfully using this ROM I start to believe that this is perhaps a problem with my device made for the German market...

lynxlok94

May 21, 2013
    Is there an option to hide the "hide keyboard" button at the bottom while typing? I've already used full gesture but it still shows a bar with hide keyboard button at the bottom while typing.

Thanks OP for bringing LOS18 to maple!!

ted5300

• Jan 5, 2012
    Weird, after installation and enter the SIM pin and connect to the Wi-Fi network, it take me charge directly from the carrier network for data. Sould be better what connection I will choose during the first installation as primary (Wi-Fi or mobile ) and not connecting by default directly to the mobile internet. With others Android 11 ROMs this issue not exits. Some thoughts?

beammer335d

Jul 1, 2012
    fastboot -w
    install twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple
    install lineage-18.1-20210120-UNOFFICIAL-maple
    from twrp

I want to install gapps but after first run i cannot back to twrp - when I try to run in recovery mode I only see black screen.
    I try to install oldest twrp - no results.

Any idea what is the problem ?
    That’s what just happened to me. But I didn’t install gapps. Just went black screen, won’t boot up. Also I’ve had it running for about 3-4 weeks with no issues. Now this. Can’t even get into twrp

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone