• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom]Lineageos 18.1 with microG for OnePlus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
It also works for me when calling *#*#4636#*#*, although as my knowledge in Android development & roms is limited I'm not sure how it's related to Android API internal calls.
@bonswouar
Is it because the signal strength is not displayed in Tower Collector ?
Just enter In Dialer App *#*#4636#*#* and then on phone information
There you will also see the signal strength
Except that the signal strength is not displayed, the rest works.
So do not understand your problem.
Yes that's the how I spotted the problem, I trusted Tower Collector's developer when he said there is an issue with my rom's Android API 4.2 after seeing my app's log. But I don't really know anything more...
Is there anything I can tell him to find out what's going on?

It also works for me when calling *#*#4636#*#*, although as my knowledge in Android development & roms is limited I'm not sure how it's related to Android API internal calls.

Yes that's the how I spotted the problem, I trusted Tower Collector's developer when he said there is an issue with my rom's Android API 4.2 after seeing my app's log. But I don't really know anything more...
Is there anything I can tell him to find out what's going on?
A colleague of mine has the same problem with Tower Collector that the signal strength is not displayed. We suspect that lineagos is blocking something. Say the problem is not only on microg but also on the normal Rom with gapps.
See attachment that is from normal Rom with Gapps
And the other one where you can see the signal strength is from the stock Rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-10-30-21_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-10-30-21_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-13-03-13_2f3dadf9fbb0690dd1aedd8395bf8072.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-13-03-13_2f3dadf9fbb0690dd1aedd8395bf8072.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Reactions: bonswouar
Last edited:
Reactions: bonswouar

Johjac

Sep 29, 2021
Hi, is there anyone in The Netherlands who might help me with backing up my OP 5T and flashing LOS18.1 on my 5T?
Many thanks in advance !!!

Hi, is there anyone in The Netherlands who might help me with backing up my OP 5T and flashing LOS18.1 on my 5T?
Many thanks in advance !!!
See post one . https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-with-microg-for-oneplus-5-5t.4260639/

If you need to install TWRP you can find it here
After that update TWRP see download link post one
After that installs the Rom

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
Just downloaded ROM and it is working like a charm. Thank you.
Btw tried to root as well with Magisk master 23.0. But that did not work. Anyway, probably do not need it.

Just downloaded ROM and it is working like a charm. Thank you.
Btw tried to root as well with Magisk master 23.0. But that did not work. Anyway, probably do not need it.
Download the magisk ZIP and rename it to magisk.apk Start TWRP and install magisk.apk Reboot and open magisk Manager and follow the instructions.
Magisk ZIP link see first OP post.

Johjac

Sep 29, 2021
See post one . https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-with-microg-for-oneplus-5-5t.4260639/

If you need to install TWRP you can find it here
After that update TWRP see download link post one
After that installs the Rom
I read elsewhere OOS 10 should be installed before installing LOS 18.1, which is not mentioned in post one. Also complete NAndroid backup could give problems. Also not mentioned in post one. I also read about dm-verity problems. As I am a custom rom noob, I would like to have some (online) or Dutch assistance, which I want to pay for of course.

As my 5T is my only phone, the installation of LOS should succeed, otherwise I have no useable phone anymore. That's why I am asking for help from someone who did this before and knows the quirks to deal with.

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
Download the magisk ZIP and rename it to magisk.apk Start TWRP and install magisk.apk Reboot and open magisk Manager and follow the instructions.
Magisk ZIP link see first OP post.
Not working with following error message: E: footer is wrong E: Signature verification failed E: error 21
I am not using TWRP. I went with LineageOS recovery. I am uploading with adb sideload.

Not working with following error message: E: footer is wrong E: Signature verification failed E: error 21
I am not using TWRP. I went with LineageOS recovery. I am uploading with adb sideload.
I do not know anything about that. TWRP is the better choice for me.
With TWRP you have more possibilities than with the lineageos recovery.

Try to leave that out
Signature verification failed

Last edited:

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
I do not know anything about that. TWRP is the better choice for me.
With TWRP you have more possibilities than with the lineageos recovery.

Try to leave that out
Signature verification failed
Usually I use TWRP as well. This time I thought I use "in-house" recovery. Just for fun. Actually it is working just fine and it probably less intimidating for first time users. I tried it without verification, but still not working.

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
This ROM boots and works great on unencrypted OP5 blu_spark twrp but I couldn't get Voice to sign in Google account. I didn't try titanium backup method.

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
for anyone with gps problems , get dejavu backend and dissable mozila backend in microg location settings. worked for me in the netherlands
I second that! I've also tried "GSM location service" provider but it sometimes gives false positives (much less than Mozilla though).

Although those false positives might also be because of a problem with Android API implementation. As pointed out in some previous comments this could limit some requests to Android API 1.0 which apparently doesn't provide signal strength and neighboring cells (that are pretty essential for a good GSM location I believe). At least that's what we concluded for Tower Collector app (an app to collect gsm tower positions and upload them on open services).
Unfortunately original OP5 LOS developer didn't respond to my comment about this on the other thread...

Reactions: waver1967

waver1967

Aug 30, 2014
nieuwerkerk aan den ijssel
I second that! I've also tried "GSM location service" provider but it sometimes gives false positives (much less than Mozilla though).

Although those false positives might also be because of a problem with Android API implementation. As pointed out in some previous comments this could limit some requests to Android API 1.0 which apparently doesn't provide signal strength and neighboring cells (that are pretty essential for a good GSM location I believe). At least that's what we concluded for Tower Collector app (an app to collect gsm tower positions and upload them on open services).
Unfortunately original OP5 LOS developer didn't respond to my comment about this on the other thread...
been on /e/os and lineage microg , agps problems in both .it keeps pushing me back to google. is it a microg problem or op5 problem ?

Top Liked Posts