[CLOSED][Rom]Lineageos 18.1 with microG for OnePlus 5 & 5T

Do you want me to keep or end support for update ?

• maintain support

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • End support

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
It also works for me when calling *#*#4636#*#*, although as my knowledge in Android development & roms is limited I'm not sure how it's related to Android API internal calls.
@bonswouar
Is it because the signal strength is not displayed in Tower Collector ?
Just enter In Dialer App *#*#4636#*#* and then on phone information
There you will also see the signal strength
Except that the signal strength is not displayed, the rest works.
So do not understand your problem.
Yes that's the how I spotted the problem, I trusted Tower Collector's developer when he said there is an issue with my rom's Android API 4.2 after seeing my app's log. But I don't really know anything more...
Is there anything I can tell him to find out what's going on?

It also works for me when calling *#*#4636#*#*, although as my knowledge in Android development & roms is limited I'm not sure how it's related to Android API internal calls.

Yes that's the how I spotted the problem, I trusted Tower Collector's developer when he said there is an issue with my rom's Android API 4.2 after seeing my app's log. But I don't really know anything more...
Is there anything I can tell him to find out what's going on?
A colleague of mine has the same problem with Tower Collector that the signal strength is not displayed. We suspect that lineagos is blocking something. Say the problem is not only on microg but also on the normal Rom with gapps.
See attachment that is from normal Rom with Gapps
And the other one where you can see the signal strength is from the stock Rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-10-30-21_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-10-30-21_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-13-03-13_2f3dadf9fbb0690dd1aedd8395bf8072.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-08-11-13-03-13_2f3dadf9fbb0690dd1aedd8395bf8072.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: bonswouar

Johjac

Sep 29, 2021
Hi, is there anyone in The Netherlands who might help me with backing up my OP 5T and flashing LOS18.1 on my 5T?
Many thanks in advance !!!

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
Just downloaded ROM and it is working like a charm. Thank you.
Btw tried to root as well with Magisk master 23.0. But that did not work. Anyway, probably do not need it.

Just downloaded ROM and it is working like a charm. Thank you.
Btw tried to root as well with Magisk master 23.0. But that did not work. Anyway, probably do not need it.
Download the magisk ZIP and rename it to magisk.apk Start TWRP and install magisk.apk Reboot and open magisk Manager and follow the instructions.
Magisk ZIP link see first OP post.

Johjac

Sep 29, 2021
See post one . https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-lineageos-18-1-with-microg-for-oneplus-5-5t.4260639/

If you need to install TWRP you can find it here
After that update TWRP see download link post one
After that installs the Rom
I read elsewhere OOS 10 should be installed before installing LOS 18.1, which is not mentioned in post one. Also complete NAndroid backup could give problems. Also not mentioned in post one. I also read about dm-verity problems. As I am a custom rom noob, I would like to have some (online) or Dutch assistance, which I want to pay for of course.

As my 5T is my only phone, the installation of LOS should succeed, otherwise I have no useable phone anymore. That's why I am asking for help from someone who did this before and knows the quirks to deal with.

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
Download the magisk ZIP and rename it to magisk.apk Start TWRP and install magisk.apk Reboot and open magisk Manager and follow the instructions.
Magisk ZIP link see first OP post.
Not working with following error message: E: footer is wrong E: Signature verification failed E: error 21
I am not using TWRP. I went with LineageOS recovery. I am uploading with adb sideload.

Not working with following error message: E: footer is wrong E: Signature verification failed E: error 21
I am not using TWRP. I went with LineageOS recovery. I am uploading with adb sideload.
I do not know anything about that. TWRP is the better choice for me.
With TWRP you have more possibilities than with the lineageos recovery.

Try to leave that out
Signature verification failed

Last edited:

griMa010100

Mar 15, 2018
I do not know anything about that. TWRP is the better choice for me.
With TWRP you have more possibilities than with the lineageos recovery.

Try to leave that out
Signature verification failed
Usually I use TWRP as well. This time I thought I use "in-house" recovery. Just for fun. Actually it is working just fine and it probably less intimidating for first time users. I tried it without verification, but still not working.

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
This ROM boots and works great on unencrypted OP5 blu_spark twrp but I couldn't get Voice to sign in Google account. I didn't try titanium backup method.

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
for anyone with gps problems , get dejavu backend and dissable mozila backend in microg location settings. worked for me in the netherlands
I second that! I've also tried "GSM location service" provider but it sometimes gives false positives (much less than Mozilla though).

Although those false positives might also be because of a problem with Android API implementation. As pointed out in some previous comments this could limit some requests to Android API 1.0 which apparently doesn't provide signal strength and neighboring cells (that are pretty essential for a good GSM location I believe). At least that's what we concluded for Tower Collector app (an app to collect gsm tower positions and upload them on open services).
Unfortunately original OP5 LOS developer didn't respond to my comment about this on the other thread...

Reactions: waver1967
I second that! I've also tried "GSM location service" provider but it sometimes gives false positives (much less than Mozilla though).

Although those false positives might also be because of a problem with Android API implementation. As pointed out in some previous comments this could limit some requests to Android API 1.0 which apparently doesn't provide signal strength and neighboring cells (that are pretty essential for a good GSM location I believe). At least that's what we concluded for Tower Collector app (an app to collect gsm tower positions and upload them on open services).
Unfortunately original OP5 LOS developer didn't respond to my comment about this on the other thread...
been on /e/os and lineage microg , agps problems in both .it keeps pushing me back to google. is it a microg problem or op5 problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    images

This is my daily driver that I have decided to share. With the increase of big tech and government overreach in our lives, I felt more of a desire to move away from Google and the like. OnePlus 5 & 5T was built with microG and LineageOS source and is fully functional.

What is this?

This is LineageOS with all closed-source binary Google blobs removed and replaced with microG. I.E no Play services or GAPPS. UnifiedNLP is used as networking location provider vice Google's NLP. F-Droid is installed by default providing alternative app store. However, with Aurora store you can still install Google Play store apps with ease (requires additional installations).

It is strongly recommended not to install GApps as this ROM contains a replacement for them.

Known issues

You tell me!

Installation with lineage recovery:
    here for cheeseburger
    here for dumpling

Installation with twrp

Clean flash
    - Backup your data (recommended)
    - Remove custom encryption pins/passwords (recommended)
    - Reboot to TWRP
    - Wipe system / data / cache / vendor (do not format data - this will erase the internal memory)
    - Flash firmware (if needed), build (also no-verity if you want to run decrypted)
    - Flash Magisk for root (if needed) - Restart

Dirty flash (Update)

- Backup your data (recommended)
    - Reboot to TWRP - Flash new firmware (if needed) and update the build (followed by no-verity if you were decrypted earlier)
    - Restart"

Dirty Flash (OTA)

Updates can be downloaded and installed on your phone via lineageos_updates.
    See under settings/system/advanced.
    If it is not possible to install the update automatically, or if you want to install it manually, please follow these steps,
    select install in twrp/ parent folder/data/lineageos_updates.
    selects the Rom and installs it and anything else you want to install, then restart.

Other information

Google Play Store Alternative If you want full access to normal android Play Store apps do the following: Open F-Droid app. Search for Aurora Store and install. Once opened select the appropriate option, generally option #1 will be the most common used with this ROM as long as it has not been modified by the user. Once setup you will have access to all applications as normal. Some apps require Play Services and cannot be used, This requires Magisk, which is not provided in our base rom. Once you have reached Magisk, you need to read and install NanoDroid, which can be found here XDA | Download website .

instructions for the nanodroid with PlayStore
    Troubleshooting

instructions for push
    Push Notification Test

Do not publish bug reports without specifying logs (logcats) or steps to reproduce the bug.

Download OTA
    Oneplus 5 (cheeseburger)
    Oneplus 5T (dumpling)

others downloads
    TWRP https://dl.twrp.me/cheeseburger_dumpling/
    Root: Magisk v21.x or Magisk Beta v21.x
    No VerityNo Verity

Support for german users

Telegram Group
    t.me/losoneplus5

All credit goes to LineageOS team

Contributors
    Exodusnick
    Source Code Rom: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree: device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    Device tree: device_oneplus_dumpling
    Device tree: oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel: kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Source Link microG:
    https://github.com/lineageos4microg

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2021-04-10
    Last Updated 2023-07-14

Everyone is responsible for his own actions. Neither the operator of the site, nor I take responsibility for any damage to your device caused by any flash attempts.
    New update lineageos-18.1 microG available via ota or see download link.

Changelog
    - Synced with LineageOS source
    - Merged security update June.2022

- update bromite-WebView 102.0.5005.96
    - update bromite Browser 102.0.5005.96

Download Rom
    OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
    lineage-18.1-20220615-microG-signed-dumpling.zip
    OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
    lineage-18.1-20220615-microG-signed-cheeseburger.zip
    Thanks for the info. Is it about the localization from the network or from the GPS ?
    I think it has to do with the old GSM data.
    With the new update which comes the days there will be a new
    LocalGsmNlpBackend 1.5.2 version that may solve the problem.
    The problem is not from the GPS but from the network: it seems that API 4.2 isn't working properly: MCC and MNC values are broken (it uses API 1.0 then and can't have proper values for signal strength and neighboring cells).
    I doubt this is linked to LocalGsmNlpBackend as it's a low level Android API problem?

Info : In the next days there will be a bigger update Here already the preliminary changelog
    added in rom
    - AuroraDroid 1.0.8
    - AuroraServices 1.1.1
    - AuroraStore 4.0.7
    - LocalGsmNlpBackend 1.5.2
    - PdfViewer 6
    - additional_repos.xml extra FDroid repos
    - Update GmsCore to 0.2.22
    - Update FDroid to 1.13.1
    LocalGsmNlpBackend: UnifiedNlp backend that uses local GSM data to resolve user location
    * NominatimNlpBackend: UnifiedNlp (no GAPPS) backend that uses MapQuest's Nominatim service (based on OpenStreetMap) for geocoding
    * additional_repos.xml: a configuration file to include the microG https://microg.org/fdroid.html , Bromite https://www.bromite.org/fdroid, and IzzyOnDroid https://apt.izzysoft.de/fdroid/repo FDroid repositories in the ROM (requires FDroid >= 1.5)
    AuroraOSS packages (binaries sourced from here https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS
    * AuroraDroid: an alternate to the FDroid app store
    * AuroraStore: an alternate to Google's Play Store
    * AuroraServices: a system / root application that integrates with the Aurora line of products
    * GrapheneOS packages (binaries sourced from here https://github.com/GrapheneOS/PdfViewer/releases
    * PdfViewer: a Simple Android PDF viewer based on pdf.js and content providers

Great news! Pretty good idea to include AuroraStore directly in the rom :)
    New build available for 18.1 microG via ota or see download link.

Changelog
    - Synced with LOS source
    - Merged Mai 2021 Security update
    - Merged Device tree

Changelog from my
    Fixed - permission manager

the build has full singnatue spoofing ,
    not like the previous builds only restricted.

" SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted "
    will be reset when the pull pull request is completed.

-e "SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=yes"
    WARNING: The default signature spoofing patch is a security threat.
    i have to tell you because i got the message.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-05-08 16-03-41.png

in the previous builds it was set like this
    -e "SIGNATURE_SPOOFING=restricted"
    is restricted and has no full access
    is applied to the official microG.

OnePlus 5T(dumpling)
    lineage-18.1-20210508-microG-signed-dumpling.zip

OnePlus 5(cheeseburger)
    lineage-18.1-20210508-microG-signed-cheeseburger.zip

and on github you can also follow everything what it is about exactly .

or see
    Telegram Group
    t.me/losoneplus5
    Thanks @Exodusnick, new lease of life for my dumpling.
    Very convenient having MicroG, FDroid, Aurora etc all installed properly with the ROM.
    I love the 5T form factor and fingerprint reader, might move back to it from a Pixel 4 XL with Calyx