[ROM]LineageOS 19.0(W/ signature spoofing) /Android 12 + Material You for S10E/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

Cosbot_

May 31, 2018
Installed yesterday, now I'm using as daily driver, everything works fine. Passed safety net with magisk no probs.

I got used tho to the one UI festure to swipe down the fingerprint sensor to open the notification panel. Tried three apps from playstore and didn't work.
Another thing I realized that lineage os is limited in options to change the Bixby button, I can't find a way to use it for torch.

These problems aren't specific for this ROM as they occur on any aosp so thank you Ivan for this great ROM.

ne_Zaebavaj

Nov 24, 2021
I'm having problems registering with Viber, do any of you experience this problem as well? (I'm on s10e)

Ryptox

Oct 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Installed yesterday, now I'm using as daily driver, everything works fine. Passed safety net with magisk no probs.

I got used tho to the one UI festure to swipe down the fingerprint sensor to open the notification panel. Tried three apps from playstore and didn't work.
Another thing I realized that lineage os is limited in options to change the Bixby button, I can't find a way to use it for torch.

These problems aren't specific for this ROM as they occur on any aosp so thank you Ivan for this great ROM.
Try an app called 'buttons remapper - mapping and combination'
I use that to remap Bixby to the camera app, there's an option for flashlight I've just tested and that works fine!

Reactions: CitaroSR

kubis111

Oct 2, 2016
hi, thanks for the nice rom. I have a question. It's possible to run the settings text-to-speech (google)? I can't open it in settings. Some app don't work. Maybe it's just my fault. THX

hi, thanks for the nice rom. I have a question. It's possible to run the settings text-to-speech (google)? I can't open it in settings. Some app don't work. Maybe it's just my fault. THX
I got it to work by downloading it, trying to set it default then un installing, reinstalling and bingo. No "hello Google" yet however. But now works w/Mi Band etc. Good luck.

Reactions: kubis111

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Flashed yesterday. Dirty flash didn't went as expected, clean one faced struggle (outdated BL/CM), but after sorting those, the ROM runs perfectly. I have noticed few glitches:
a) 'Recent' view sometimes freezes for more than 10s, user is unable to do anything
b) Nav Bar configuration mostly do not work. Enabling button reverse mode do nothing.
c) This is probably something we can't change, but the way random wireless MAC works is weird. For one, there is never actual physical MAC, it is always virtual - but could be stuck to given wireless network (similarly it worked in LOS18). We can either enforce full randomization, or each network could have statically assigned MAC. Works well, just took time to understand/adjust to this ;-) But then you reboot, and MAC will change even for saved networks :-(
d) AA is broken (BitGapps, will test with NikGapps) in both wired and wireless mode. To me, it looks like gapps problem
e) Google Assistant do not work correctly (never did since LOS18). Could be triggered manually, but there is no animation. Voice activation doesn't work (again, this is with BitGapps, will retest with NikGapps soon).
f) BT audio seems to be working fine (tested with R-Link Audio system and with Niceboy plugs) for both phonecalls and music.
g) external app is required, as custom button mapping doesn't work yet
i) Phone setup wizzard usually crashes during wireless setup (initial, after wipe). - fixed by rebooting without setting anything, and then re-trying.

I am not complaining. I am actually pretty impressed. Despite these issues, I prefer to stay on LOS19, as LOS18 with PixelProps was causing endless 'update' downloads pushed by GMS, depleting carrier FUP (maybe my misconfiguration, but it was happening on three more phones I had no control over).

Last edited:

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Flashed yesterday. Dirty flash didn't went as expected, clean one faced struggle (outdated BL/CM), but after sorting those, the ROM runs perfectly. I have noticed few glitches:
a) 'Recent' view sometimes freezes for more than 10s, user is unable to do anything
b) Nav Bar configuration mostly do not work. Enabling button reverse mode do nothing.
c) This is probably something we can't change, but the way random wireless MAC works is weird. For one, there is never actual physical MAC, it is always virtual - but could be stuck to given wireless network (similarly it worked in LOS18). We can either enforce full randomization, or each network could have statically assigned MAC. Works well, just took time to understand/adjust to this ;-)
d) AA is broken (BitGapps, will test with NikGapps) in both wired and wireless mode. To me, it looks like gapps problem
e) Google Assistant do not work correctly (never did since LOS18). Could be triggered manually, but there is no animation. Voice activation doesn't work (again, this is with BitGapps, will retest with NikGapps soon).
f) BT audio seems to be working fine (tested with R-Link Audio system and with Niceboy plugs) for both phonecalls and music.
g) external app is required, as custom button mapping doesn't work yet
i) Phone setup wizzard usually crashes during wireless setup (initial, after wipe). - fixed by rebooting without setting anything, and then re-trying.

I am not complaining. I am actually pretty impressed. Despite these issues, I prefer to stay on LOS19, as LOS18 with PixelProps was causing endless 'update' downloads pushed by GMS, depleting carrier FUP (maybe my misconfiguration, but it was happening on three more phones I had no control over).
Update: With NikGapps, symptoms are almost identical. Just Android System Intelligence force-closes any time notification is received. Solved by removing pixel3 build of the apk, and replaced it with 'oem' build of the same version. Works fine since. AA does work, just remove any PlayStore installed version, and then flash NikGapps AA addon. It has unresolved access rights in terms of call logs and SMS, should be fixed in next update (AA Update just came out, fixed - perms could be given just fine). Works in both wired and wireless mode. Assistant works better with NikGapps, it has gui/animations. Voice activation doesn't work (expected). With NikGapps, Setup Wizzard doesn't crash during phone initiatialization. NikGapps package Basic or bigger removes Trebuchet, which causes Recent view to stop working. In my case, I just copied Trebuchet install from priv-apps backup I made earlier back to filesystem, works fine after reboot.

Last edited:

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
Just installed this ROM.

Awesome work, OP!!

One thing tho: My 128GB SD Card says it needs formatting, however it was working just fine with stock and is also filled with stuff, not a optimal solution. Would love to see a fix for this :)

EDIT: Also, after doing all hard work geting the damn SafetyNet to pass and my banking app to open, it crashes as soon as it wants to take a picture of me to confirm my identity. Unfortunately, I'll need to switch to another ROM in the meanwhile, as this is kinda crucial. (Logcat of the moment of the crash is attached)

Attachments

• logcat_err.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: DusanDobranic

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Just installed this ROM.

Awesome work, OP!!

One thing tho: My 128GB SD Card says it needs formatting, however it was working just fine with stock and is also filled with stuff, not a optimal solution. Would love to see a fix for this :)

EDIT: Also, after doing all hard work geting the damn SafetyNet to pass and my banking app to open, it crashes as soon as it wants to take a picture of me to confirm my identity. Unfortunately, I'll need to switch to another ROM in the meanwhile, as this is kinda crucial. (Logcat of the moment of the crash is attached)
Well, Masking your rom status takes literaly two few steps:
a) Flash Magisk apk/zip from TWRP
b) In Magisk Manager, install Props Config
c) In 'props', edit Fingerprint (1), select certified fingerprint (f), Google ->Pixel 5 (A12).
d) confirm/reboot
e) Back in Magisk, enable Magisk Hide (add banking/payment apps to the list), disable Play Protect temporarily and Hide Magisk Manager.
f) wipe Google App data, PlayStore Services data
g) reboot

As for your SD Card, what was the filesystem you used on it? I am using vfat, and the card worked fine in LOS17, LOS18 and LOS19 just the same.

ilviandante

Jul 9, 2013
Hi! I d like to use this rom but I don t want lose camera quality..I have tested zgcam,gcam 8.1 but front camera look so bad respect samsung camera.. there is a solution like new camera libs for this rom?

DusanDobranic

Oct 20, 2021
Hi! I d like to use this rom but I don t want lose camera quality..I have tested zgcam,gcam 8.1 but front camera look so bad respect samsung camera.. there is a solution like new camera libs for this rom?
Man i am jus amazed with gcam 8.1 i dont see the need for samsung camera, personaly i would try to install gcam on oficial rom aswell.

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
Well, Masking your rom status takes literaly two few steps:
a) Flash Magisk apk/zip from TWRP
b) In Magisk Manager, install Props Config
c) In 'props', edit Fingerprint (1), select certified fingerprint (f), Google ->Pixel 5 (A12).
d) confirm/reboot
e) Back in Magisk, enable Magisk Hide (add banking/payment apps to the list), disable Play Protect temporarily and Hide Magisk Manager.
f) wipe Google App data, PlayStore Services data
g) reboot

As for your SD Card, what was the filesystem you used on it? I am using vfat, and the card worked fine in LOS17, LOS18 and LOS19 just the same.
Hi Virnik0, thanks for the quote!

SafetyNet did pass, that wasn't the problem. The banking app crashes the moment it wants to take a picture and a I can clearly see it inside logcat. It looks like some UI things are being enforced in A12 which weren't on older versions (the banking app is creating multiple views when it opens the camera and A12 doesn't seem to like that). I researched that error quite a bit.

I don't know if there's a fix for that. Maybe recompiling the banking app to an older target version of android MIGHT work, but I think I'll just stick with A11 for the time being.

As per logcat:

E WindowManager: android.view.WindowLeaked: Activity br.com.neon.features.login.ui.activities.LoginPasswordActivity has leaked window DecorView@e98da91[LoginPasswordActivity] that was originally added here

EDIT: Also, I just did what another user did recently and was caught offguard. Adjusting screen edges in the developer option does freeze and then BOOTLOOP your device. After some boot attempts, Lineage Recovery greets me with the message: "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory reset and erase all user data stored on this device."
Well, now it's toast anyways. Time to go back :)

Last edited:

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Hi Virnik0, thanks for the quote!

SafetyNet did pass, that wasn't the problem. The banking app crashes the moment it wants to take a picture and a I can clearly see it inside logcat. It looks like some UI things are being enforced in A12 which weren't on older versions (the banking app is creating multiple views when it opens the camera and A12 doesn't seem to like that). I researched that error quite a bit.

I don't know if there's a fix for that. Maybe recompiling the banking app to an older target version of android MIGHT work, but I think I'll just stick with A11 for the time being.
What Camera app you use and what Gapps package you used? I tested the same thing with AirBank and Commerz Bank here in CZ. I tried to use a camera to read EAN and QR codes (loading up payment slip, authorizing logon to a service....) using their android apps and it works. But yes, if the banking app uses some 'neat' feature A12 prohibits, it is well possible. I already noticed multiple apps which doesn't work correctly on A12 (ot just AOSP, I let my father with Stock, unrooted S21 Ultra to try them too with the same results), so it is not surprising.

What exactly is it complaining about in the catlog?

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
What Camera app you use and what Gapps package you used? I tested the same thing with AirBank and Commerz Bank here in CZ. I tried to use a camera to read EAN and QR codes (loading up payment slip, authorizing logon to a service....) using their android apps and it works. But yes, if the banking app uses some 'neat' feature A12 prohibits, it is well possible. I already noticed multiple apps which doesn't work correctly on A12 (ot just AOSP, I let my father with Stock, unrooted S21 Ultra to try them too with the same results), so it is not surprising.

What exactly is it complaining about in the catlog?
I edited my post, should be clearer now.

I did use BitGapps.

The camera per se opens without problem and displays my mediocre face on the verify cutout, but after some seconds it crashes. Sometime it goes as far as telling me to "blink" and then crashes.

Will try with AOSP A11, but if that also doesn't work, I'll install it on rooted stock, backup it there after verifying and then restore on AOSP again. If that ALSO doesn't work, I guess I'll just change banks :)
I'm so fed up with lagging stock that I'm ready to give up the Samsung camera AND my bank. That's quite something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.0 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
    - A lot of features are not yet implemented in LineageOS itself, while those are not device specific bugs do not expect extras to be there yet

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Download official twrp from twrp.me
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive / mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte | s10 5g = beyondx)

sha256 checksums

Code:
    80f3ece79b830e62ef56a3fac9546b4ca8eae28a3dda5ea24c416f0140b5dcb8  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    4e16325d8204123da6157a6b2fd61a438b6b031e0652c837dbd1789f7c8ae793  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    2cae883b83e3f6f93d0791c9617bcd9a1a7810adcc5c7d99d1b1ffda4117211a  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip
    fad739d2fcb6ab3bfde6534cb7a6bc1a672c05493c934245a6d38cdc8e194ed6  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyondx.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
    BitGapps / NikGapps

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Based On Android S
    Changelog

- Merged December 2021 security update
    - Merged kernel 4.14.253
    - Enabled selinux
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Switched to new fp hal
    - Switched to new lights hal
    - Switched to new vibrator hal
    - Added fp gestures to s10e
    - Added signature spoofing support
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed in-call bluetooth issues with various devices
    - Merged November 2021. security update
    - Performance and stability iimprovements
    - Synced with LOS source and merged a lot of los features previously missing (Keep in mind everything is still not there)

- Cleaned up vndk dependencies to remove unneeded ones
    - Fixed cases where Material You theme wouldnt be applied to some visual effects
    - Merged every change to date on gerrit
    - merged vendor binnaries from samsung october security update
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source (Once again a lot of small stuff has been merged that has been missing from lineageos so far but not everything is there yet)

- Fixed fp sensor icon
    - fixed magisk support
    - synced with los source and merged missing stuff

- Initial public release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/SealsPlayground/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

ROM OS Version: 12.0
    This also includes monet dynamic theming support
    keep in mind this is early build and a lot of lineage features havent been ported over yet but this will be regularly updated to keep up with them

Big thanks to everyone who donated and helped covering the build server cost over on PayPal this project wouldnt been possible without them
    September build is up with improved in call bluetooth and few other small improvements, you can find the builds in OP
    big thanks to everyone who supported this project because its thanks to them that its still up, next build will have quite a lot of improvements and one quite big surprise that should further improve performacne and ui fluidity
    New builds are up, magisk is working now (install magisk 23 or newer and patch boot image, after that flash the boot image on boot slot from twrp)
    fp icon is also there for s10 and s10+ and new los features have been merged, s10e build will be out soon, enjoy
    Yup, same here, the bluetooth headset (tried 2 different ones) is just garbled noise in phonecalls and whatsapps and the other side cant hear, nor can I hear them, it may have something to do with vendor blobs for Samsung (that I am trying to locate). Google Maps resolution is messed up and resets the entire phone res to HUGE (as one poster says about 4x the size). Hope BT calls and Maps can get resolved in future as it's awesome otherwise ! Thanks to the dev @Ivan_Meler
    Looking at those 2 issues as we speak, Maps really is a weird one and as for bt i think i might know a fix