• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM]LineageOS 19.0(W/ signature spoofing) /Android 12 + Material You for S10E/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
Well, Masking your rom status takes literaly two few steps:
a) Flash Magisk apk/zip from TWRP
b) In Magisk Manager, install Props Config
c) In 'props', edit Fingerprint (1), select certified fingerprint (f), Google ->Pixel 5 (A12).
d) confirm/reboot
e) Back in Magisk, enable Magisk Hide (add banking/payment apps to the list), disable Play Protect temporarily and Hide Magisk Manager.
f) wipe Google App data, PlayStore Services data
g) reboot

As for your SD Card, what was the filesystem you used on it? I am using vfat, and the card worked fine in LOS17, LOS18 and LOS19 just the same.
Hi Virnik0, thanks for the quote!

SafetyNet did pass, that wasn't the problem. The banking app crashes the moment it wants to take a picture and a I can clearly see it inside logcat. It looks like some UI things are being enforced in A12 which weren't on older versions (the banking app is creating multiple views when it opens the camera and A12 doesn't seem to like that). I researched that error quite a bit.

I don't know if there's a fix for that. Maybe recompiling the banking app to an older target version of android MIGHT work, but I think I'll just stick with A11 for the time being.

As per logcat:

E WindowManager: android.view.WindowLeaked: Activity br.com.neon.features.login.ui.activities.LoginPasswordActivity has leaked window [email protected][LoginPasswordActivity] that was originally added here

EDIT: Also, I just did what another user did recently and was caught offguard. Adjusting screen edges in the developer option does freeze and then BOOTLOOP your device. After some boot attempts, Lineage Recovery greets me with the message: "Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory reset and erase all user data stored on this device."
Well, now it's toast anyways. Time to go back :)

Last edited:

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Hi Virnik0, thanks for the quote!

SafetyNet did pass, that wasn't the problem. The banking app crashes the moment it wants to take a picture and a I can clearly see it inside logcat. It looks like some UI things are being enforced in A12 which weren't on older versions (the banking app is creating multiple views when it opens the camera and A12 doesn't seem to like that). I researched that error quite a bit.

I don't know if there's a fix for that. Maybe recompiling the banking app to an older target version of android MIGHT work, but I think I'll just stick with A11 for the time being.
What Camera app you use and what Gapps package you used? I tested the same thing with AirBank and Commerz Bank here in CZ. I tried to use a camera to read EAN and QR codes (loading up payment slip, authorizing logon to a service....) using their android apps and it works. But yes, if the banking app uses some 'neat' feature A12 prohibits, it is well possible. I already noticed multiple apps which doesn't work correctly on A12 (ot just AOSP, I let my father with Stock, unrooted S21 Ultra to try them too with the same results), so it is not surprising.

What exactly is it complaining about in the catlog?

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
What Camera app you use and what Gapps package you used? I tested the same thing with AirBank and Commerz Bank here in CZ. I tried to use a camera to read EAN and QR codes (loading up payment slip, authorizing logon to a service....) using their android apps and it works. But yes, if the banking app uses some 'neat' feature A12 prohibits, it is well possible. I already noticed multiple apps which doesn't work correctly on A12 (ot just AOSP, I let my father with Stock, unrooted S21 Ultra to try them too with the same results), so it is not surprising.

What exactly is it complaining about in the catlog?
I edited my post, should be clearer now.

I did use BitGapps.

The camera per se opens without problem and displays my mediocre face on the verify cutout, but after some seconds it crashes. Sometime it goes as far as telling me to "blink" and then crashes.

Will try with AOSP A11, but if that also doesn't work, I'll install it on rooted stock, backup it there after verifying and then restore on AOSP again. If that ALSO doesn't work, I guess I'll just change banks :)
I'm so fed up with lagging stock that I'm ready to give up the Samsung camera AND my bank. That's quite something.

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
I edited my post, should be clearer now.

I did use BitGapps.

The camera per se opens without problem and displays my mediocre face on the verify cutout, but after some seconds it crashes. Sometime it goes as far as telling me to "blink" and then crashes.

Will try with AOSP A11, but if that also doesn't work, I'll install it on rooted stock, backup it there after verifying and then restore on AOSP again. If that ALSO doesn't work, I guess I'll just change banks :)
I'm so fed up with lagging stock that I'm ready to give up the Samsung camera AND my bank. That's quite something.
Oh, BitGapps...

ok, then reflash with NikGapps instead. BitGapps gave me a lot of trouble too.

For Camera, GCam is very good. Also Footej2 or PixCam.

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
But that should interfere with the bank app, should it?
Can, if it tries to access libraries/framework resources which aren't on the system thanks to lacking gapps package.

You can flash NikGapps over BitGapps just fine. Try with omni package. Should be best for beginner coming from stock.

So if you're on LOS19 + BitGapps, just flash NikGapps over it.

Last edited:

Fusseldieb

Jul 27, 2013
Anápolis
Can, if it tries to access libraries which aren't on the system thanks to lacking gapps package.

You can flash NikGapps over BitGapps just fine. Try with omni package. Should be best for beginner coming from stock.

So if you're on LOS19 + BitGapps, just flash NikGapps over it.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already nuked my data partition as I said (by mistake).

And, judging from the logcat error, it isn't a library that it can't access, but a UI error or something.

I ain't in the mood of setting the device up all over again at this point. ;)

But thanks anyways!

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already nuked my data partition as I said (by mistake).

And, judging from the logcat error, it isn't a library that it can't access, but a UI error or something.

I ain't in the mood of setting the device up all over again at this point. ;)

But thanks anyways!
Judging by the logcat, it tried to call for something which wasn't available on the system. And you used BitGapps, which is the smallest gapps package for A12 - surprise? Really not. I got rid of BitGapps about 30 minutes into setting up clean/wiped phone, as it caused a lot of things to not work. BitGapps has something about 88MB, while Omni package of NikGapps has more than 600MB (maybe even more, haven't checked).

I fully do understand that you're not in the mood - I've been there too. But in case you'd get to the mood, don't give up early. If others says it works, it is usually a mistake/oversight on one's own side - my experience.

unknown1818

Jan 25, 2020
can you please i beg you to fix desktop mode to stop flickering when i move mouse
lineageos is best os i ever seen but i use it as a desktop but that flickering is anoying
in lineage os 17 i the same problem

i was trying ubuntu touch but lineage os and linux deploy are better native acceleration

everything is fast and crystal smooth but in desktop mode that flickering when move mouse killing me

when mouse stop flickering stop as well but when i move mouse little bit then last frame showing when i move little bit again then next frame showing but when i move normal fast coursor then everything flickering because this two frames changes

install samsung internet browser is best browser with perfect scaling for desktop mode, perfect smooth and crystal picture is in native desktop mode, on samsung dex picture is blurred and colors are bad

on native desktop mode in lineageos you can watch 4k videos perfectly smooth even better than windows laptop

i dont know why people are playing with ubuntu touch and other linux based os's if there is lineageos and desktop mode with perfect hardware acceleration

Last edited:

RangerKevin2

Oct 1, 2021
How do we do the futures updates of this rom ? Directly from system updates menu or manually download it from xda and flash it again ?

Beatzekatze

Aug 22, 2013
@Ivan, Hey Ivan, first of all thank you very much for your work. I love lineage. With Vojtech I flashed LOS19. Unfortunately I had taken the files for S10 +. Everything went wonderfully except for the FP and the notch. It's totally wide and covers the battery symbol. (see photo). I made a backup earlier. Had done fullwipe and reflashed everything. Magisk not yet set up. Lineage started. When started for the first time, the notch was normal. After the display went off and on again, the notch was adjusted again.

Attachments

• photo5292002516378171550.jpg
    photo5292002516378171550.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 130
  • photo5292002516378171549.jpg
    photo5292002516378171549.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 130

Brixavier

Mar 20, 2020
I have try LOS and with this rom gcam works fine! Only with oneui works bad
Yes I did the same, I tried all possible settings, when i was at official rom, but nothing works, so it has to do with the official rom not allowing full access to the front cameras hardware. Maybe because of Samsung's face smoothing settings or something.

guguxfr

May 5, 2010
Hi all,

Flashed the ROM over modpunk's LOS 18.1 (I really needed internet sharing) which did not went well (stuck on LOS init screen), so I ended up doing a fresh install and everything went well.

I managed to install magisk by flashing the .ZIP file directly, which is nice.

So far all seem to work, I'm missing a good battery indicator, but else it's good for my everyday use.

Thanks for the nice work Ivan !

Brixavier

Mar 20, 2020
Hi all,

Flashed the ROM over modpunk's LOS 18.1 (I really needed internet sharing) which did not went well (stuck on LOS init screen), so I ended up doing a fresh install and everything went well.

I managed to install magisk by flashing the .ZIP file directly, which is nice.

So far all seem to work, I'm missing a good battery indicator, but else it's good for my everyday use.

Thanks for the nice work Ivan !
Looks like you're not on the latest update.
The update on 10 Nov 2021, came with the battery indicator.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm searching for the sources of this ROM, but so far it only seems the kernel has been released? :)

I would like to check what is included, this would make it easier to understand what works.
    Sources for the rom are at https://GitHub.com/LineageOS
    This seems to be incomplete, for instance there are missing power deps and it doesn't compile just from source.
    Stuff that is missing from the lineage rom sources is in the gerrit.
    Stuff that is missing from the lineage rom sources is in the gerrit.
    I'm new to LineageOS developing, how can I browse sources?

For instance, I would like to check the Samsung vendor repositories because of the power changes.
    Does LiveDisplay work? :)
    Yes, if i recall its not shown directly in the settings app as of yet, and you have to search for livedisplay to use it.
    Yes, if i recall its not shown directly in the settings app as of yet, and you have to search for livedisplay to use it.
    I'm searching for the sources of this ROM, but so far it only seems the kernel has been released? :)

I would like to check what is included, this would make it easier to understand what works.
    k5tUT1V.png

LineageOS 19.0 for Galaxy S10 Series

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Working:
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - mali drivers
    - USB tethering
    - Video Playback
    - Fingerprint Sensor
    - Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
    - Sensors
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi HotSpot
    - MTP
    - 2D and 3D gpu acceleration
    - HW encoding/decoding
    - GPS
    - Cameras (All of them)
    - HWcomposer (HWC)
    - Signal indicator
    - Double tap to wake

Not Working
    - VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
    - A lot of features are not yet implemented in LineageOS itself, while those are not device specific bugs do not expect extras to be there yet

To properly report a bug (Please dont report things already on the Not Working list)
    a) Logcat
    b) /proc/last_kmsg (or /proc/kmsg)
    c) /data/tombstones
    d) dmesg

Please do not report bugs if you have performed any system modifications excluding gapps installation

Installation instructions

Download official twrp from twrp.me
    flash twrp as per given instructions
    if you are coming from stock and have encryption enabled format data (Note i said format, Wiping it in twrp is not the same as formating it)
    wipe cache, dalvik cache and system
    flash LineageOS
    If you want to have gapps flash them right after flashing the rom before first booting
    Reboot the device

Downloads:

Google Drive / mega.nz

(Select build coresponding to your devices codename, S10e = beyond0lte | s10 = beyond1lte | s10+ = beyond2lte | s10 5g = beyondx)

sha256 checksums

Code:
    80f3ece79b830e62ef56a3fac9546b4ca8eae28a3dda5ea24c416f0140b5dcb8  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte.zip
    4e16325d8204123da6157a6b2fd61a438b6b031e0652c837dbd1789f7c8ae793  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond1lte.zip
    2cae883b83e3f6f93d0791c9617bcd9a1a7810adcc5c7d99d1b1ffda4117211a  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyond0lte.zip
    fad739d2fcb6ab3bfde6534cb7a6bc1a672c05493c934245a6d38cdc8e194ed6  lineage-19.0-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-beyondx.zip

If you need general help or questions feel free to join Telegram group
    BitGapps / NikGapps

if you want to support the project feel free to buy me some coffee paypal.me/ivanmeler

Donations help cover the build server cost and since I do this in my free time, and also cover the coffee for time spent debugging stuff

Based On Android S
    Changelog

- Merged December 2021 security update
    - Merged kernel 4.14.253
    - Enabled selinux
    - Disabled configstore which got replaced with props
    - Switched to new fp hal
    - Switched to new lights hal
    - Switched to new vibrator hal
    - Added fp gestures to s10e
    - Added signature spoofing support
    - Misc performance and stability improvements
    - Synced with LOS source

- Fixed in-call bluetooth issues with various devices
    - Merged November 2021. security update
    - Performance and stability iimprovements
    - Synced with LOS source and merged a lot of los features previously missing (Keep in mind everything is still not there)

- Cleaned up vndk dependencies to remove unneeded ones
    - Fixed cases where Material You theme wouldnt be applied to some visual effects
    - Merged every change to date on gerrit
    - merged vendor binnaries from samsung october security update
    - Synced with LOS source (Once again a lot of small stuff has been merged that has been missing from lineageos so far but not everything is there yet)

- Fixed fp sensor icon
    - fixed magisk support
    - synced with los source and merged missing stuff

- Initial public release

Contributors
    Ivan_Meler
    Source Code: https://github.com/SealsPlayground/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

ROM OS Version: 12.0
    This also includes monet dynamic theming support
    keep in mind this is early build and a lot of lineage features havent been ported over yet but this will be regularly updated to keep up with them

Big thanks to everyone who donated and helped covering the build server cost over on PayPal this project wouldnt been possible without them
    September build is up with improved in call bluetooth and few other small improvements, you can find the builds in OP
    big thanks to everyone who supported this project because its thanks to them that its still up, next build will have quite a lot of improvements and one quite big surprise that should further improve performacne and ui fluidity
    New builds are up, magisk is working now (install magisk 23 or newer and patch boot image, after that flash the boot image on boot slot from twrp)
    fp icon is also there for s10 and s10+ and new los features have been merged, s10e build will be out soon, enjoy
    Another build with some minor imrpovements and that has beem synced with curent lineageos source + everything from gerrit
    Here is a brief changelog

- Cleaned up vndk dependencies to remove unneeded ones
    - Fixed cases where Material You theme wouldnt be applied to some visual effects
    - Merged every change to date on gerrit
    - Synced with LOS source

Big thanks to everyone who supported this project as their donations help cover the build server cost, enjoy the new build