[ROM] LineageOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL - 1.3 [2022-04-20]

Search This thread

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
A few questions about this firmware.
Does it support double tap to wake? (I believe the hardware supports that).
Is there any way to enable navigation bar at the screen bottom with the usual back/home keys?
Is it possible to enable unknown apk installation from sdcard?
I only saw in settings enabling that on a per app basis.

EDIT:
1. So yeah apparently you can install apk from unknown sources out of the box? (it gave me a stern warning and let me proceed with magisk apk installation).
2. Regarding my previous post with a question about gapps apk, you should choose 64bit.

The two questions remain:
1. Double tap to wake.
2. Enable navigation bar with back and home keys.

EDIT2:
So yeah I enabled the navigation bar as I wanted.
And apparently xz1 compact doesn't support double tap to wake in hardware and the general recommendation is to install wave2wake which works (not as good as double tap, but usable).
I will continue to setup my phone and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4qx

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
One more question about this firmware.
Which audio codecs are supported by bluetooth?
In developer options all codecs are grayed out (as if unsupported).
Stock supports pretty much everything including aptx hd unless I am mistaken.
Is it included in the firmware?

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
You can get aptXHD with a magisk module! I think all others are supported besides it and the sony LDac

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
You can get aptXHD with a magisk module! I think all others are supported besides it and the sony LDac
Thanks for the reply.
I will search for it now.
Do I need to meddle with the developer settings where you can choose the audio codec to use though?
Or is best codec chosen automatically based on the audio device paired with the phone?

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
Thanks for the reply.
I will search for it now.
Do I need to meddle with the developer settings where you can choose the audio codec to use though?
Or is best codec chosen automatically based on the audio device paired with the phone?
Dont know, i use wired headphones, but i think if your Bluetooth device supports it it should work.

WilcoSnel

Nov 20, 2011
I suggest clean flash :(
Yep, definitely clean flash. Full nikgapps flash just made my phone unusable. It boots, but pixel Launcher that's included, play store, play services are all freezing constantly with errors. Will try the uninstall of nikgapps that's listed on the site. But seems like I have to clean flash anyway...

landsome

May 4, 2015
Yep, definitely clean flash. Full nikgapps flash just made my phone unusable. It boots, but pixel Launcher that's included, play store, play services are all freezing constantly with errors. Will try the uninstall of nikgapps that's listed on the site. But seems like I have to clean flash anyway...
Yes, clean flash and not necessarily full. You can install a basic package and the separate Android Auto package is this is what you are after.

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
All the aptX and LDAC codecs are supported, you have to connect your Bluetooth devices first, then you will see (and you can change if necessary) which one is in use in developer options.

Reactions: matrix200200

WilcoSnel

Nov 20, 2011
Yes, clean flash and not necessarily full. You can install a basic package and the separate Android Auto package is this is what you are after.
Full doesn't work. The pixel launcher keeps crashing. Tried several times. It removes the default trebuchet launcher so had to install a separate one from the play store, but then noticed play store says storage is full and can't download or install. Even though about 20 gb remains. Checking the config option now, but this doesn't look good so far.

-EDIT- Tried the config option. Disabled the below,
Appsets: PixelLauncher, GoogleFiles, CoreGo
Apps: GoogleKeep, Books, YoutubeMusic, Go Apps, Addon Packages

Play store just doesn't work. Can you please share your nikgapps config with the working android auto? And you are using the lineage rom on the XZ1 Compact right?

Last edited:

landsome

May 4, 2015
Full doesn't work. The pixel launcher keeps crashing. Tried several times. It removes the default trebuchet launcher so had to install a separate one from the play store, but then noticed play store says storage is full and can't download or install. Even though about 20 gb remains. Checking the config option now, but this doesn't look good so far.

-EDIT- Tried the config option. Disabled the below,
Appsets: PixelLauncher, GoogleFiles, CoreGo
Apps: GoogleKeep, Books, YoutubeMusic, Go Apps, Addon Packages

Play store just doesn't work. Can you please share your nikgapps config with the working android auto? And you are using the lineage rom on the XZ1 Compact right?
I no longer have the XZ1c. But the trick was to install something like nikgapps core and then the separate auto package. No need to go full package and mess with defaults like the launcher (it can be done subsequently by simply selecting the desired home launcher - don't install it as a system app).

Of course, a proper clean install is needed for the ROM, the nikgapps, and the auto. Auto won't work otherwise.

WilcoSnel

Nov 20, 2011
I no longer have the XZ1c. But the trick was to install something like nikgapps core and then the separate auto package. No need to go full package and mess with defaults like the launcher (it can be done subsequently by simply selecting the desired home launcher - don't install it as a system app).

Of course, a proper clean install is needed for the ROM, the nikgapps, and the auto. Auto won't work otherwise.
Ok, so that's basically what I did. Wiped everything, Flashed Lineage, Flashed my own nikkgapps with the core, apps I wanted anyway and android auto. But Play store and related services (part of the core) just don't work. Keeps saying it's offline. Tried removing all data + cache of related apps (which should fix this), but no dice.

Should I just go for MindTheGapps (Except for AA, that worked on my previous installation) and then make a NikGapps package containing just Android Auto and flash that?

-EDIT- Ok, apparently I used a wrong NikGapps package. Did another clean flash and used the correct full NikGapps package this time. Alle google services are working properly now. Even the Pixel launcher is working like a charm now. But here's the kicker. AA is still not working. So didn't gain an inch...

I have now tried all available Android 12.1 Gapps I know off (NikGapps, MindTheGapps, FlameGapps) with a clean flash. None of them have working AA. Tried several roms too. Unless someone else has gotten AA to work on an Android 11 or 12 rom for the XZ1 Compact this sure seems to be a bigger issue.

Last edited:

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
Of course you can install, just follow the instructions. Formatting data is absolute necessary if you are coming from old android builds.
I am confused? i understood that when a new android comes out it takes a while for twrp to get the newer android to work with.

forexample android 11 took crazy long for it to finally work on twrp and up to this point of typing this android 12 still doesnt work on twrp acording to twrp them self.

so what am i missing here ?

i am using a nearly year old twrp would this work ? or do i need to update to the latest twrp for my device ?

Also thank you for your hard work and giving us one more new android version for our last true compact phone.
where can i buy you a cup of coffee? i cannot find anything about this one the first page ?

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
I am confused? i understood that when a new android comes out it takes a while for twrp to get the newer android to work with.
The current latest official TWRP is able to flash the ROM. Except decrypting data encrypted by Android 12, it is all fine. This means you just can't see your data (i.e. internal storage) under TWRP, but that's not a problem for flashing a ROM: you can use `adb sideload`; or simply put the ROM, gapps etc in external sd card and flash.

where can i buy you a cup of coffee? i cannot find anything about this one the first page ?
I am just posting this thread here on request from @derf elot and this ROM is mostly his work, thus for the coffee thing you should ask him ;)

Reactions: mstrnemo

mstrnemo

Feb 1, 2021
The current latest official TWRP is able to flash the ROM. Except decrypting data encrypted by Android 12, it is all fine. This means you just can't see your data (i.e. internal storage) under TWRP, but that's not a problem for flashing a ROM: you can use `adb sideload`; or simply put the ROM, gapps etc in external sd card and flash.

I am just posting this thread here on request from @derf elot and this ROM is mostly his work, thus for the coffee thing you should ask him ;)
I am not quite sure i understand ? so your private data needs to be moved to sd card or computer than flash the android 12 rom and put everything back ? and then you can see everything ?

strange they wouldnt mention this possibility on their log

anyway i am going to try flash it tomorrow thank you again

No1Alien

Feb 16, 2015
I am not quite sure i understand ? so your private data needs to be moved to sd card or computer than flash the android 12 rom and put everything back ? and then you can see everything ?

strange they wouldnt mention this possibility on their log

anyway i am going to try flash it tomorrow thank you again
Yes, you have to backup your data to anywhere else than internal storage, because you have to format it. Then you can flash the ROM and use it normally, TWRP can't decrypt the encrypted data of Android 12 doesn't affect you to use the ROM, that's two totally different thing.

Reactions: mstrnemo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its working for me mate, this lineage build + microg. Microg is installed through the microg4magisk revived module, while the signature spoofing is granted through lsposed and the FakeGapps 2.0 xposed module. Then you install the backends and its working perfectly.
    Working for me too :)
    If someone is interested, I used:
    Thanks a lot to the devs to get another Android release on the great XZ1C!
    Also able to pass SafetyNet check :)

• Lygisk/Magisk
      • Zygisk
      • Enforce DenyList
      • Configure DenyList -> Show system apps - > microG Service Core
        • com.google.android.gms
        • com.google.android.gms.unstable
    • Install MagiskHidePropsConf
    • Open terminal (e.g.Termux)
      • su
      • props
        • 1 (edit device fingerprint) -> f (Pick a certified fingerprint) -> 7 (Google) -> 24 (Pixel 4a) -> 3 (A 12)
        • 2 (Force BASIC key attestation) -> d (Pick value from device list) -> 7 (Google) -> 24 (Pixel 4a)
    Hello everyone
    Is VoLTE working for this rom?
    Regards.
    I think yes.
    The "4G Calling" switch is on, but greyed out. Nevertheless, when making a call the network stays on 4G and the "HD" sign is shown.

This is for O2/Telefonica Germany. It depends on your carrier. VoLTE needs to be supported for your carrier by stock ROM and it must be configured.
    Hey, I'm wanting to upgrade to LOS soon.

I'll have to try dirty upgrading first tho; the banking app from my origin country is validated and somehow "linked" to this phone and OS and I'm certain that, were I to clean install (or factory reset), I'd have to set up this again (for which I'd have to be in my country whereas I'm living abroad).

To anyone more versed on the subject: do you think if I dirty upgraded the phone would still be recognizable as "the same" and the app would work accordingly?
    It depends entirely on the app. I had two banking apps installed which I backed up with NeoBackup. After restoration, one of them worked right away without asking me to re-send a confirmation text, while the other one wouldn't let me log in without it.

I wouldn't risk it, though if can also manage your banking via browser, maybe losing the app isn't such a big thing.
    It depends entirely on the app. I had two banking apps installed which I backed up with NeoBackup. After restoration, one of them worked right away without asking me to re-send a confirmation text, while the other one wouldn't let me log in without it.

I wouldn't risk it, though if can also manage your banking via browser, maybe losing the app isn't such a big thing.
    Thanks so much for your answer :)
    The issue is actually that the app I'm talking about is the one with which I obtain the codes to confirm transfers and so.
    Better safe than sorry, thanks again!
    LineageOS 19.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for me to fix anything (preferably dmesg and logcat). I can't test NFC very thoroughly, to please report your findings.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • Up-to-date kernel
    • WireGuard kernel support
    DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest ROM releases here: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=333224
    Latest TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/lilac/

Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Before first install: flash and boot into TWRP, format data, reboot to recovery and wipe all internal partitions.

After above step / any subsequent dirty flashes: Boot into recovery, put the ROM, GApps and root (if needed) on sdcard and flash.

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

When updating from previous builds, simply dirty flash the ROM, together with any GApps and/or other modifications - addon.d will not work due to currently unavailable TWRP decryption.

Recommended GApps: MindTheGapps-12.1.0

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
    • You tell me...
    Contributors
    derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh

Thanks to the yoshino testers (let me know if I forgot to add you)
    coin3x, feduss, GiaSen, Gizanagi, hsheemi, kaancaliskan, sohrab1985

Source Code
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998

Rom Information
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2022-04-20
    Nice to have a separate LineageOS 19.1 for XZ1C thread, but it might be nice to credit this ROM to @derf elot more explicitely in the OP, since it seems to be mostly his work.
    No worries, I asked @No1Alien if he could open the thread since I don't have much time to maintain it ;)

I'd like to try the new Andorid 12 version, but I'm a happy microG user. Is there a way to install microG on this ROM? So far I haven't seen a way for signature spoofing on Android 12 and it's not natively supported by this ROM, right?
    Install magisk, then Lsposed and get the nogapps xposed module.
    It's not supported by default. For officially supported devices, there are lineage build with microg available: https://lineage.microg.org/
    But of course not for all unofficial builds. It can either be patches before building or there are some hacks, see here: https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/wiki/Signature-Spoofing
    I myself have no Xposed framework installed, but have my phone rooted. But my search so far has not revealed a hack for Android 12.
    Also it would be interesting, I haven't found the time to try building myself. And I don't have a powerful machine with a lot of free SSD space...
    Its working for me mate, this lineage build + microg. Microg is installed through the microg4magisk revived module, while the signature spoofing is granted through lsposed and the FakeGapps 2.0 xposed module. Then you install the backends and its working perfectly.
    Hi, do those of you with GPS issues perform a clean or dirty install? (That's the most important thing deterring me from upgrading)
    I did clean install.

1. Flashed 19.1 v1.3, noticed GPS problems.
    2. Re-flashed stock G8441_47.2.A.11.228_1310-5279_R10C.ftf and noticed GPS is working much better (so hardware is OK).
    3. Re-flashed 19.1 v1.3 according to the installation guide in the OP (with /data/ format and TWPR reboot), GPS works exactly as bad as it was on the first 19.1 v1.3 installation.