[ROM]LineageOS 20 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

ryan77627

Aug 29, 2018
Tried dirty flashing over an April build (don't remember which unfortunately), that causes a bootloop. Does this build (09/05) happen to have G-Apps by any chance, or where could I find some built for Android 12? Trying to avoid an erase since I didn't happen to backup my apps 😬

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Tried dirty flashing over an April build (don't remember which unfortunately), that causes a bootloop. Does this build (09/05) happen to have G-Apps by any chance, or where could I find some built for Android 12? Trying to avoid an erase since I didn't happen to backup my apps 😬
I havent tried one of these links yet personally but reckon this Should work.

MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip

couplefly

Apr 7, 2018
GPS extra satellites test, Build 17/05/2022
Beidou 11
Glonass 5
Galileo 1
All 34
Screenshot_20220518-115159_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20220518-115250_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20220518-115326_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20220518-115409_Trebuchet.png

Reactions: infrag

couplefly

Apr 7, 2018
Flash ROM only by Adb sideload.
The decryption dialog box cannot pop up automatically in TWRP-3.6.1_9-0, Folder names are all Cluttered character, even no password is set in lineage-19.1.
When using 18.1, the decryption dialog box will pop up automatically.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Flash ROM only by Adb sideload.
The decryption dialog box cannot pop up automatically in TWRP-3.6.1_9-0, Folder names are all Cluttered character, even no password is set in lineage-19.1.
When using 18.1, the decryption dialog box will pop up automatically.
Yes thats android 12. TWRP doesnt support decryption yet of android 12.

rossomike1966

Apr 27, 2009
Sinalunga (SIENA)
Xiaomi Mi 8
17/05 build in OP. Should include the audio fix.
Hi @infrag
i'm sorry..i flashed the build in first page (lineage-19.1-20220517-UNOFFICIAL-dipper.zip), but i have audio issue yet..lighter than before, but always present

ps: no more bootloop now
also while I was installing an app, the system replies that it is not possible because my phone is unsecured (Entrust Identity)

Last edited:

ryan77627

Aug 29, 2018
I havent tried one of these links yet personally but reckon this Should work.

MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220416_174313.zip

Worked perfect, thanks! Just flashed the 19/05 update too and got that up and running on my phone. GPS and NFC work great, my earpiece has an issue anyways so I have no way to test the audio issue unfortunately. Great work!

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
Does this mean you still have problems with audio in calls?
If so please test this kernel to see if it fixes it for you:

The microphone issue seems to be only on some devices.

Also in the PixelExperience thread only some people are reporting an issue. Others who have checked for a microphone bug do not have the bug.

@UnluckyPoet @rossomike1966 @gcholvi @Manosdocpap @couplefly @mapotn do you experience still an issue with the latest boot.img from @infrag ?

Tom_wvw

Mar 14, 2022
Is there any idea to fix data icon conflicted with a dot in status bar? The bug like this
1653788466686.png

The logo is overlapped by a dot. (Although it is a minor bug, and may solved by using mods like aosp mods, but I desire to solve it in rom itself)
I tried to change 4G logo to LTE logo, but not work .
And add support about devices round corner (Like PixelExperience ROM , just add some config files in device tree)
And thanks for your hard work!

Top Liked Posts

I have to reflash gapps everytime after OTA. I guess this is related to the used recovery. I'm using OrangeFox recovery. Which recovery are you guys using?
    I use OrangeFox also and I don't have to reflash Gapps (MindTheGapps).
    Can someone explain to me why there are currently no updates for LOS 21?
    Maybe a developer can write some explanatory details.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb
    I have found the reason:

Seems like all LOS 21 builds are disabled:

I wonder if the maintainers are aware of this, because not a single LOS 21 device has been enabled since...
    So we will wait patiently and keep our fingers crossed🤞
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install a Google Apps package of your choice.

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.
    Dear @infrag

I have a big smile on my face ... because I see that the NFC change was merged a couple of hours ago.

Was this the merge you were waiting for?
    Yes. NFC should now work fine in official builds so now can be promoted to 19.1 builds once accepted. I've lodged the request so should hopefully not be too far away.
    D
    Deleted member 12134985
    Last year I figured out the cause of the issue and I informed Qualcomm and Linux kernel maintainers, I didn't want to keep you folk waiting for them to fix it so I'd made a temporary fix.
    It seems that they have fixed it in both the upstream kernel and the CLA audio-kernel now, but they didn't backport it to a sdm845 tag!
    I've made an experimental build with the required fixes backported. If all goes well, I'll submit a patch to Lineage Gerrit.
    I've attached the build below, you'll have to flash it as a boot.img via recovery or fastboot, let me know if it fixes the problem.
    I haven't had much time to test it, so make sure you're on lineage-20.0-20230216.
    Lineage-19.1 builds in OP.