[ROM]LineageOS 20 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

bboytaione

Oct 5, 2009
I have the same issue with lag (volume slider/notification menu when sliding down/general system slowdown). It looks like it'll happen indiscriminately, it doesn't matter what apps you use.

Additionally, I'm having slight battery drain issues. Let's see if today's update helps in any way. Could it be a gapps issue?
So, still have lag. But now it feels like different system parts are the ones that lag. It is so strange. At one point, I thought it may have been because of the WebView build included in LOS, but no. After updating to the beta version of WebView, I still have lag.

Could someone with ZERO GAPPS verify if they also have random lag?
Opengapps doesnt support android 12?
Did you use twrp or lineageos recovery?
Right, Apologies. I meant MimdTheGapps. I got used to flashing opengapps on lineage 18.1 😅

armendeo

Jan 26, 2016
Flashing clean, I am in a noisy place, the sound from the microphone is broadcast to the upper speaker, it is impossible to talk

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Google pay that worked in unofficial build doesn't work in official.
Tried with latest Magisk, Universal SafetyNet fix and adding Google Pay and Google play services to deny list. But it didn't help.
Other apps such as Revolut work normally after applying these settings to them. But it looks like Google Pay is a tough animal.
Custom kernels that hide safteynet unlock on kernel still work fine for dipper.
Its a lot easier than using magisk etc.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
So, still have lag. But now it feels like different system parts are the ones that lag. It is so strange. At one point, I thought it may have been because of the WebView build included in LOS, but no. After updating to the beta version of WebView, I still have lag.

Could someone with ZERO GAPPS verify if they also have random lag?
I've used lineage 19.1 for a long time and have not had any of the lags you are describing.
I have no idea how to replicate the problems you say you are having.
Do you happen to have any logs?

Reactions: Silac_8

bboytaione

Oct 5, 2009
Could you recommend any for Android 12?
I would also like to see if it fixes the UI stutter.
I've used lineage 19.1 for a long time and have not had any of the lags you are describing.
I have no idea how to replicate the problems you say you are having.
Do you happen to have any logs?

I will try and take logs to send to you. There is another user here who also has lag/UI stutter

What specific type of log shall I provide you to help @infrag ?

Logcat? Dumpsys of gfxinfo?

Silac_8

Jul 1, 2012
In the meantime, here are some logcat root logs. I was running spotify in background (music playing) and Google maps with navigation in foreground. Music was lagging from time to time.
I'm not an expert with android or kernel development, but I can see some audio errors.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
In the meantime, here are some logcat root logs. I was running spotify in background (music playing) and Google maps with navigation in foreground. Music was lagging from time to time.
I'm not an expert with android or kernel development, but I can see some audio errors.

What firmware version are you using?

Silac_8

Jul 1, 2012
re-installing probably wont make a difference.
I vaguely recall having an issue like that but flashing a different firmware fixed that problem.
Wow. @infrag, you are my hero! Flashed firmware from 12.0.3.0 Chinese and it fixed audio stutter (install 12.0.3.0 version depending on your phone version - chinese or global - if unsure, flash global).

Y'all can find firmware here (60+ mb).

Or just install latest it firmware from this topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: bboytaione

bboytaione

Oct 5, 2009
Wow. @infrag, you are my hero! Flashed firmware from 12.0.3.0 global (even though I have Chinese version of the phone) and it fixed audio stutter.

Y'all can find firmware here (60+ mb).

Or just install latest EU firmware from this topic.
Could this possibly fix that weird ui lag you and I have been having? Please keep me updated!!

I know it may be unrelated but it's just strange that others, for example @infrag , isn't seeing this type of lag. We must be doing something wrong as a user 🥲

Silac_8

Jul 1, 2012
Could this possibly fix that weird ui lag you and I have been having? Please keep me updated!!

I know it may be unrelated but it's just strange that others, for example @infrag , isn't seeing this type of lag. We must be doing something wrong as a user 🥲
It seems that UI lags are history as well. I hope that random restarts are gone too.
I'll report back if I see any.

You can flash firmware through recovery if you want. No rom reflash is needed, no cache clear, no data loss - it's completely safe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone explain to me why there are currently no updates for LOS 21?
    Maybe a developer can write some explanatory details.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb
    Some News
    1000001356.png
    @gugugrp
    I have no experience with NikGapps or Pixel Experience Apps.
    I installed everything as described in the Lineageos tutorial.

@haxnhaxn
    That's why I use the Lineageos Recovery.
    In this recommended combination with Lineageos Recovery and MindTheGapps I have no problems and everything works perfectly.

However, I use my Mi 8 as a second device and do not use any banking apps or security-related apps.
    And it is not rooted.
    I have found the reason:

Seems like all LOS 21 builds are disabled:

I wonder if the maintainers are aware of this, because not a single LOS 21 device has been enabled since...
    So we will wait patiently and keep our fingers crossed🤞
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install a Google Apps package of your choice.

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.
    Dear @infrag

I have a big smile on my face ... because I see that the NFC change was merged a couple of hours ago.

Was this the merge you were waiting for?
    Yes. NFC should now work fine in official builds so now can be promoted to 19.1 builds once accepted. I've lodged the request so should hopefully not be too far away.
    D
    Deleted member 12134985
    Last year I figured out the cause of the issue and I informed Qualcomm and Linux kernel maintainers, I didn't want to keep you folk waiting for them to fix it so I'd made a temporary fix.
    It seems that they have fixed it in both the upstream kernel and the CLA audio-kernel now, but they didn't backport it to a sdm845 tag!
    I've made an experimental build with the required fixes backported. If all goes well, I'll submit a patch to Lineage Gerrit.
    I've attached the build below, you'll have to flash it as a boot.img via recovery or fastboot, let me know if it fixes the problem.
    I haven't had much time to test it, so make sure you're on lineage-20.0-20230216.
    Lineage-19.1 builds in OP.