[ROM] LineageOS 20.0 UNOFFICIAL - 1.1 [2023-01-08]

Search This thread

RKirpest

Nov 21, 2022
Nice rom. But I will have to flash a different one.

Problems:
My phone keeps disconnecting of the phone network every few seconds. (KPN Netherlands network).
I tried switching to 3G, Disabling IMS, and manually selecting the profile with modem switcher. It all did not help.

Reactions: PhobiaSoft

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Making unofficial and custom builds of LineageOS for microG based on this ROM is (very high) on my ToDo list.
No promises on ETA though :)

I have finally managed to create Unofficial and Custom builds based on this ROM. AndroidFileHost is still unwell, so the ROMs can be downloaded from Jaguar (links will expire in 180 days (2023-05-27) -
Many thanks to the people here and in the `lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd` repo who have provided invaluable help.

I have successfully dirty flashed the Custom build on my daily driver, and clean flashed both versions on a test device.. They both seem to work OK, and I haven't bumped into any major problems.

Have fun, good luck, and please feel free to provide feedback here, or raise issues in my Codeberg repo .

An outline of the necessary steps in this post in my Codeberg project issue Please feel free to PM me if you would like more information

Last edited:

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sorry to ask again, but does that mean that there's no fully working solution for installing Lineage 20.0 with microG up to this point?

I am very happy with 19 but would like to test.

Than. you in advance for a tip.
See the previous post: an unofficial LOS for Microg 20 ROMs is now available for download and testing. It's been running on my 'daily driver` device for at least 5 hours now, and nothing has broken yet ;)

Have fun, and good luck!

Reactions: sieghartRM

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
I have finally managed to create Unofficial and Custom builds based on this ROM. AndroidFileHost is still unwell, so the ROMs can be downloaded from Jaguar (links will expire in 180 days (2023-05-27) -
Many thanks to the people here and in the `lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd` repo who have provided invaluable help.

I have successfully dirty flashed the Custom build on my daily driver, and clean flashed both versions on a test device.. They both seem to work OK, and I haven't bumped into any major problems.

Have fun, good luck, and please feel free to provide feedback here, or raise issues in my Codeberg repo .

An outline of the necessary steps in this post in my Codeberg project issue Please feel free to PM me if you would like more information
Hey thanks a lot for you great work, as always!
By dirty flash do you mean dirty flash over your Los 19.1 MicroG builds?

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
By dirty flash do you mean dirty flash over your Los 19.1 MicroG builds?
Yes. I flashed the new LOS 20 CUSTOM-PLUS-E ROM over the LOS 19.1 version, and everything seemed to carry on as normal when I rebooted :)

Which is handy because, when I was testing on my test device, I wasn't able to make a restorable TWRP backup of my 19.1 data. I did have an up-to-date ABRT backup, but I didn't need it

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
Yes. I flashed the new LOS 20 CUSTOM-PLUS-E ROM over the LOS 19.1 version, and everything seemed to carry on as normal when I rebooted :)

Which is handy because, when I was testing on my test device, I wasn't able to make a restorable TWRP backup of my 19.1 data. I did have an up-to-date ABRT backup, but I didn't need it
I just installed it, everything works great, if not better! Battery life seems better too. Overall a nice refinement of android 12. Im curious how this will develop.

Reactions: petefoth

Arcline

Sep 11, 2016
I encountered a problem, but I think it's connected to the Los 20 build itself, not the MicroG variant. When you open the files app and select the Sd card it shows only "No files", but 3rd party file managers work fine. Anyone encounter that issue?

Edit: I found the problem. A magisk module called "NoStorageRestrict". Just update it to the latest version.

Last edited:

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
And they're now on AndroidFileHost too

Tim700_0

Aug 5, 2020
I dirty-flashed your LOS 20 builds peteforth but encountered the same problem with connectivity on my german telekom network that some others mentioned before:
-disconnecting phone calls and no mobile internet connection possible. All the tips of setting new APNs switching back to 3G connectivity etc did not help at all.

The ROM simply seems to kill any connection to the network every few seconds.
I have stayed on the older LOS 19.1 version before and never had any issues.
Have i missed a fix for that problem or is there a way to downgrade to it again without having to wipe all my data and the phone completely?

I tried both versions, the LOS 20.0 4microG UNOFFICIAL and the PLUS-E CUSTOM one.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Reactions: android666

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I dirty-flashed your LOS 20 builds peteforth but encountered the same problem with connectivity on my german telekom network that some others mentioned before

The ROM simply seems to kill any connection to the network every few seconds.
I have stayed on the older LOS 19.1 version before and never had any issues.

I assume the others you mention were having problems on the non-MicroG built by @No1Alien (as I have only just published my MicroG builds). Have you tried with that build?

EDIT: Are your problems similar to those reported in this post?
Problems:
My phone keeps disconnecting of the phone network every few seconds. (KPN Netherlands network).
I tried switching to 3G, Disabling IMS, and manually selecting the profile with modem switcher. It all did not help.

I have not come across any of these problems in either my builds or @No1Alien's. They may be specific to your network operator, and I can only suggest trying whatever fixes have been mentioned in response to the earlier comments.

Have i missed a fix for that problem or is there a way to downgrade to it again without having to wipe all my data and the phone completely?

You could try 'dirty flashing` the old version. It's not something I've tried but it **might** work. Alternatively, if you have access to a Linux computer - real or VM - then backup your apps and data using Android Backup and Restore Tools project, then clean flash the 19.1 version. It won't backup everything but it's the best backup solution I know of (apart from TWRP, but I haven't been able to make TWRP backup / restore work on LOS 19.1 or 20)

Good luck, and I'm sorry I can't be more help

Last edited:
Reactions: sieghartRM

Tim700_0

Aug 5, 2020
@peteforth: Thanks for your very quick reply:)

It seems like I am stuck on your LOS20 build 4microG a bit.
Dirty flashing back to 19.1 does not work and ends in a boot loop, the same for @No1Alien's original LOS 20 UNOFFICIAL version.

Everything works fine except the mobile data and GPS locking and calls get interrupted as soon as I switch on mobile data.

I evaluated in the LOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL thread again and saw that those problems seem to be ongoing for some european t-mobile users since version 1.4 of 19.1 (and seemingly ongoing in LOS 20 now too?)
- I missed that before because I never upgraded further from 19.-1.3.

RKirpest's issues (the post you quoted) are identical to mine.

But perhaps someone can help me out with TWRP backups?
There's are options to choose System or System Image and Vendor Image in the backup function (the others do not seem to contain much data?)
-Which one do I have to tick for backupping my personal data?

Thanks again
Tim.

Reactions: android666

TheArt.

I know the thank you button exists but.... THANK YOU anyway for keeping alive this little nice phone with microg!

Rrreutel

Sep 12, 2012
Everything works fine except the mobile data and GPS locking and calls get interrupted as soon as I switch on mobile data.

I evaluated in the LOS 19.1 UNOFFICIAL thread again and saw that those problems seem to be ongoing for some european t-mobile users since version 1.4 of 19.1 (and seemingly ongoing in LOS 20 now too?)
- I missed that before because I never upgraded further from 19.-1.3.

RKirpest's issues (the post you quoted) are identical to mine.

I don't remember seeing a logcat yet of when this network/data flapping is occurring, anyone?

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Hey. Can whomever created the custom build please start a new thread. It'll only cause confusion for people needing help with the official release in this thread. :)
For general discussion of my Lineage for Microg builds for this and other devices, I use the GitHub Discussions feature in this repo

Any problems can be raised in my Codeberg issue tracker

I will continue to publicise new builds in this thread as and when I build them, which will usually be when @No1Alien makes new builds of his ROM.

Is my understanding correct?
Unofficial = rebuild of this threads rom
custom = microg variant

cRaZy-bisCuiT

Feb 25, 2013
Hey guys! Thank you very much for this rom! Right now I do use [0]. I can't install GCam. Do any of you have successfully installed a GCam mod? One of my preferences would be the version of "onFire". While in some other threads with other ROMs people had success, I don't know if the issues are caused by Android 13, Lineageos 20 or the XZ1C itself. Do I need to patch the camera API first or something like that?

[0] Rom in use:
Unofficial https://share.jaguar-network.com/dba26051-29c9-41d5-a4e6-02a746b47c85

geodescent

Feb 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't remember seeing a logcat yet of when this network/data flapping is occurring, anyone?
See attached (Edit: logcat edited to remove sensitive info).

Some choice lines below seem to lead to this Lineage bug report.

Code:
12-10 12:03:09.194     0     0 E         : modem subsystem failure reason: dog_hb.c:266:DOG_HB detects starvation of task 0x9b65e990, triage with its own.
12-10 12:03:09.194     0     0 W subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_dev(): Restart sequence requested for modem, restart_level = RELATED.
12-10 12:03:40.501     0     0 I subsys-restart: subsystem_restart_wq_func(): [kworker/0:2:19200]: Restart sequence for modem completed.

12-10 12:17:48.963  1584  1646 W BroadcastQueue: Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=android.intent.action.SERVICE_STATE flg=0x1000010 (has extras) } to com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver.module/com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver.CellBroadcastReceiver requires android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE due to sender android (uid 1001)

12-10 12:17:49.188  2853  9800 D CS-Configurator: reApplyModem - current modem: /system/etc/customization/modem/amss_fsg_lilac_tmobile_us_ims_tar.mbn

Getting the notification:
sony modem
amss_fsg_lilac_tmobile_us_ims_tar.mbn

com.codeaurora.ims already has unchangeable permissions so there's little I can do as I haven't rooted.
I saw someone else wasn't able to dirty flash a downgrade, but I'll give it a shot.
Worst case I have to clean flash lineage-19.1-20220408-UNOFFICIAL-1.2-lilac, which is may work since it's mentioned here that everything from 1.3 on has this problem.

g8441 US variant
T-Mobile
twrp-3.7.0_9-0-lilac
lineage-20.0-20221002-UNOFFICIAL-1.0-lilac (clean flash)
MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20220927_220846

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    538.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Rrreutel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just saw a new build is out 😁
    And I've made a new unofficial LineageOS for microG build. It's available on AndroidFileHost at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4279422670115709982

The custom build will take a little longer as I can't build it in the cloud
    @derf elot did it again. He checked over some of my logs and provided a fix for android auto on our device. Audio playback over USB C works too. The fix will be implemented in the next release.

Don't forget to donate to the legend himself.

Anyway, if you don't wanna wait AND have ROOT access, follow below steps. It works for me (1.1, not sure if it'll work on 1.0)
    1. Download a root file explorer (like solid explorer), doing this through twrp causes permission issues.
    2. Download attached file
    3. Rename the downloaded file to init.yoshino.usb.rc
    4. Rename /vendor/etc/init/hw/init.yoshino.usb.rc to init.yoshino.usb.rc.old
    5. Move the renamed file from step 2 to /vendor/etc/init/hw/
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy AA

Issues?
    a. Booting system, but having issues after changes? Undo above steps.
    b. Not booting system after changes? Boot into twrp, mount system & vendor, undo above steps.

Again, don't forget to donate. @derf elot deserves all the credit for this.
    Just saw a new build is out 😁
    The custom build will take a little longer as I can't build it in the cloud
    The custom build is now built, seems to be working: file `lineage-20.0-20230117-4microg-CUSTOM-PLUS-E-lilac.zip` can be downloaded for AndroidFileHost

The ROM no longer contains Fennec browser, because of problems with apk signing that I was unable to solve. If you are clean flashing the ROM, and you want to use Fennec, you will need to install it from F-Droid.

However, I dirty flashed the ROM on my daily driver (after testing on my test phone - I'm not that confident :) ) and Fennec was still present. I have no idea how that worked, I'm just happy it did :)

As always, any feedback is welcome. Good luck!
    Initial feedback for new build:

lineage-20.0-20230108-UNOFFICIAL-1.1-lilac (Security Patch Jan 5, 23)
    twrp-3.7.0_9-0-lilac
    MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20221025_100653.zip
    (clean flash from 47.2.A.11.228-R3C)

Seems to run without problems (except 5G wifi??)
    • Camera working (photo and video, default app and OpenCamera tested)
    • Wifi (2.4), Mobile data working (T-Mobile DE prepaid sim), 4G+ connected
    • Smooth, no lags noticed
    • Auto brightness, GPS, flashlight, bluetooth working
    Not sure
    • VoLTE and Wifi call are selectable (both not tested if really working)
    • I doubt that 5G wifi ist working, haven't seen it switching in my dual-band setup so far, even on heavy load :confused:
    Observations:
    • I could not copy zip files via USB/MTP to TWRP, had to use adb push lineage-20....zip /sdcard/.

Until further notice, please use the TWRP from derf. Download link is in #1, the official builds on TWRP website doesn't have decryption so far. This is why you can't use MTP.

I don't notice any issue with 5GHz wifi so far. (I have separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, so don't know whether auto switch works anyway. Does that work on old builds?)
    LineageOS 20.0 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

logo.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, offering several privacy features.

Please report any issues you observe apart from the ones listed below. Logs are needed for me to fix anything (preferably dmesg and logcat). I can't test NFC very thoroughly, to please report your findings.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • Up-to-date kernel
    • WireGuard kernel support
    DOWNLOAD

ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshino/files/lilac/lineage-20.0/
    TWRP: https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshino/files/lilac/twrp/
    Suggested Gapps (MTG): http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps (choose 13.0.0/arm64)

Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Before first install: flash and boot into the TWRP provided in this thread, format data, reboot to recovery and wipe all internal partitions, then flash the ROM, GApps and root (if needed).

Or if you are coming from Lineage 19.x, dirty flash to 20.0 is possible too: flash the new TWRP, ROM, and GApps, su addons (if needed).

Note: There is not going to be a LOS su addon anymore. If you need root, flash a root manager of your choice. No guaranteed support from LOS for this.

When updating from previous builds, simply dirty flash the ROM is enough, decryption in new TWRP works now ;)

Recommended GApps: MindTheGapps provided in this thread.

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
    • You tell me...
    Contributors
    derf elot, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh

Thanks to the yoshino testers (let me know if I forgot to add you)
    coin3x, feduss, GiaSen, Gizanagi, hsheemi, kaancaliskan, sohrab1985

Source Code
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_lilac
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_kernel_sony_msm8998
    https://github.com/whatawurst/android_device_sony_yoshino-common

Rom Information
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2023-01-08
    hello
    Thank you for your nice rom.
    No plans to update yet?
    Best regards.
    There is plans, probably next week at some point.
    Making unofficial and custom builds of LineageOS for microG based on this ROM is (very high) on my ToDo list.

On a side note since it's unofficial, is it possible to add signature spoofing for MicroG?
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE:

CHANGELOG

2023-01-08 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228

- Updated to T QPR1 release (LineageOS upstream)​
    - New default camera app (LineageOS upstream) - yes, we cannot change video fps currently (thanks Sony!)​
    - Any other updates by LineageOS upstream​
    - Kernel security updates (also thanks to Flamefire)​
    - Dropped keyprovd service - it is useless on unlocked BL anyway​
    - Show 4G instead of LTE icon - saves some space too​
    - Enable IMS by default - this still only works if carrier is supported​
    - Fix some selinux denials (also thanks to Flamefire)​
    - Fixup ViLTE dependencies - this might in theory work again, but it's not enabled yet​

2022-10-03 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Initial release