[ROM]LineageOS 20 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010
I have a strange Problem. I sometimes get the a Popup that asks me to choose my Sim Card i want to use for Data Connection. After i choose one i get a Notification that my SIM Cards have changed. I already replaced one SIM that was a little older but did not help.

Also, when i reboot my phone, on both SIMs Data is "off" an i have to turn it on manually

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Edit: Log is attached...
View attachment 5439381View attachment 5439383
EDIT
I had this Problem on 18.1 but it disappeared suddenly without changing anything. Now it reappeared on 19.1. Anybody else expiriecing this?

ElBerretin

May 6, 2016
Hello everyone!

Just posting to ask, are there any MAJOR current issues with the Nightly releases of LineageOS for Dipper? I'll be fresh-installing this OS from a very old (2019 lol) version of a now-discontinued OS, Havoc-OS, and just wanted to know if there's any FYI's or things to look out for before procceeding with the installation. Thanks!

spacefrog.uk

Sep 2, 2022
Hello everyone!

Just posting to ask, are there any MAJOR current issues with the Nightly releases of LineageOS for Dipper? I'll be fresh-installing this OS from a very old (2019 lol) version of a now-discontinued OS, Havoc-OS, and just wanted to know if there's any FYI's or things to look out for before procceeding with the installation. Thanks!
Nothing major in my opinion. Go for it

Reactions: ElBerretin

armobenz

Sep 23, 2022
hello there, have a couple questions
1 - will there be an android 13 version of LineageOS?
2 - coming from miui touch response/sensitivity seems strange, am I the only one noticing this? is there any fix?
3 - apart from rom, there is a recovery, do I need to install it? will it replace my twrp? I cant flash via fastboot right now, so if it doesn’t have the option to flash ROMs like twrp, I won’t install it..
and could you share flashable kernel from the latest update please

CarlosGilberto

Dec 6, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 8
hello there, have a couple questions
1 - will there be an android 13 version of LineageOS?
2 - coming from miui touch response/sensitivity seems strange, am I the only one noticing this? is there any fix?
3 - apart from rom, there is a recovery, do I need to install it? will it replace my twrp? I cant flash via fastboot right now, so if it doesn’t have the option to flash ROMs like twrp, I won’t install it..
and could you share flashable kernel from the latest update please
Answer for your first question:
DSxlWqI.png

UEHvjyq.png

Last edited:
Reactions: armobenz

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
Anyone using It with gapps? Everytime i update i get un a bootloop unless i reflash nikgapps and still It boots but gapps wont work anymore...

How is then procedure?

tnsantos

Mar 21, 2011
Recife
Hello everyone! I installed los 19.1 24 hours ago and got a big battery drain. I then installed accubattery to check stats and saw that it never went to deep sleep.

I came from MIUI stock and did a clean install (followed all steps in the lineageos tutorial). I'm using Gapps and two sim cards.

Can someone help me please? Everything else is working as expected.

Srattax

Dec 21, 2015
Hello everyone! I installed los 19.1 24 hours ago and got a big battery drain. I then installed accubattery to check stats and saw that it never went to deep sleep.

I came from MIUI stock and did a clean install (followed all steps in the lineageos tutorial). I'm using Gapps and two sim cards.

Can someone help me please? Everything else is working as expected.
Hi and thx to the dev for this rom
Unfortunately, Same here, i wanted to use this rom for daily usage but... max 12hours a day i don't use the phone...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220926-172609_Paramètres.png
    Screenshot_20220926-172609_Paramètres.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 46

ales-76

May 11, 2017
Anyone having luck getting Android Auto to worki with this ROM? I recently migrated to LOS 19.1, fresh installing the 220915 build (no Magisk) Before I was on LOS 18.1 (and 17.1 before that) and I was using Androind Auto without any issues. With LOS 19.1 I tried multiple gapps packages - Mindthegapps, NikGapps full, FlameGapps, but Android Auto does not properly work in none of them. When connecting to car the Android Auto starts, offers you to connect to the car, but after a while it stops and the car says the connection to Android Auto is lost. I suppose there is some trick how to make it work.

ElBerretin

May 6, 2016
HELP PLEASE!! I cannot install LineageOS into my device (Fastboot Error)!!!

I've tried everything that I can think of and done the research, to no avail. The problem: I CANNOT work with Fastboot on my device. I can boot into it both manually (key combo) and through ADB (which DOES detect the device when it's turned on normally), yet upon entering Fastboot, it shows the following error when I input "fastboot devices":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
???????????? fastboot

And immediately after, the phone exits Fastboot (rather, gives out a prompt that says "press any keys to shutdown"), and well, shuts down. So I cannot flash a recovery, nor OS, no nothing.

I've tried.... About a thousand online XDA/forum threads on the topic. Downloaded USB ADB Driver (android_winusb.inf file to be specific) and "updated driver" multiple times, to no avail. I've ALSO switched cables and USB ports!! Two different, working, USB-C cables, three different computer ports. No luck. ADB/Fastboot software is up to date on my PC and works fine for other commands; it's just Fastboot itself that isn't working.

Ok, that's all the info I've gathered thus far. Might I add, I've already flashed a custom ROM on my phone, so I know for a fact that Fastboot used to work just fine..... Used to being the keyword. Sad.

Any help is appreciated!

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
HELP PLEASE!! I cannot install LineageOS into my device (Fastboot Error)!!!

I've tried everything that I can think of and done the research, to no avail. The problem: I CANNOT work with Fastboot on my device. I can boot into it both manually (key combo) and through ADB (which DOES detect the device when it's turned on normally), yet upon entering Fastboot, it shows the following error when I input "fastboot devices":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot devices
???????????? fastboot

And immediately after, the phone exits Fastboot (rather, gives out a prompt that says "press any keys to shutdown"), and well, shuts down. So I cannot flash a recovery, nor OS, no nothing.

I've tried.... About a thousand online XDA/forum threads on the topic. Downloaded USB ADB Driver (android_winusb.inf file to be specific) and "updated driver" multiple times, to no avail. I've ALSO switched cables and USB ports!! Two different, working, USB-C cables, three different computer ports. No luck. ADB/Fastboot software is up to date on my PC and works fine for other commands; it's just Fastboot itself that isn't working.

Ok, that's all the info I've gathered thus far. Might I add, I've already flashed a custom ROM on my phone, so I know for a fact that Fastboot used to work just fine..... Used to being the keyword. Sad.

Any help is appreciated!
Change yuour USB drivers and also your USB cable and port.

Maby times happened to me it was due to cable, port or drivers.

Reactions: ElBerretin

ElBerretin

May 6, 2016
Change yuour USB drivers and also your USB cable and port.

Maby times happened to me it was due to cable, port or drivers.

Yeah, this was the fix! Forgot to come back to my comment and update it, I managed to install LOS two days ago.

It was actually much more complicated than I was expecting, because driver issues caused a bad OS installation, and I suddenly found myself with a bootlooping phone with no working OS, and with my recovery having been half-rewritten by LOS, but not completely, so unusable too... I really thought the phone was a goner.

But alas, new cable and a cyber store's borrowed PC, and I finally managed to "talk" with the bootloader nice enough to install a good Recovery, then LOS. Definitely hard work for a "simple" install process, but it paid off!

I'll leave these messages up just in case anyone else faces the issue in the future. God knows I scoured every corner of the Web in search for a fix, lol.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Yeah, this was the fix! Forgot to come back to my comment and update it, I managed to install LOS two days ago.

It was actually much more complicated than I was expecting, because driver issues caused a bad OS installation, and I suddenly found myself with a bootlooping phone with no working OS, and with my recovery having been half-rewritten by LOS, but not completely, so unusable too... I really thought the phone was a goner.

But alas, new cable and a cyber store's borrowed PC, and I finally managed to "talk" with the bootloader nice enough to install a good Recovery, then LOS. Definitely hard work for a "simple" install process, but it paid off!

I'll leave these messages up just in case anyone else faces the issue in the future. God knows I scoured every corner of the Web in search for a fix, lol.
Hi mate

Glad you got your cable problem sorted.
Just an FYI some of us believe in God including myself. Could you please refrain from using God's name in that way please at least in this thread?
Thanks!

Reactions: moviefirst

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone explain to me why there are currently no updates for LOS 21?
    Maybe a developer can write some explanatory details.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/1bp83tb
    @gugugrp
    I have no experience with NikGapps or Pixel Experience Apps.
    I installed everything as described in the Lineageos tutorial.

@haxnhaxn
    That's why I use the Lineageos Recovery.
    In this recommended combination with Lineageos Recovery and MindTheGapps I have no problems and everything works perfectly.

However, I use my Mi 8 as a second device and do not use any banking apps or security-related apps.
    And it is not rooted.
    I have found the reason:

Seems like all LOS 21 builds are disabled:

I wonder if the maintainers are aware of this, because not a single LOS 21 device has been enabled since...
    So we will wait patiently and keep our fingers crossed🤞
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install a Google Apps package of your choice.

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Please note: I no longer maintain this ROM as my phone screen has cracked and I've moved on to a different device. Bgncm will probably continue to maintain it for mi8 as its similar to his other devices. Thanks for those that supported in the past and perhaps we will meet again in the future on a different device.
    Dear @infrag

I have a big smile on my face ... because I see that the NFC change was merged a couple of hours ago.

Was this the merge you were waiting for?
    Yes. NFC should now work fine in official builds so now can be promoted to 19.1 builds once accepted. I've lodged the request so should hopefully not be too far away.
    D
    Deleted member 12134985
    Last year I figured out the cause of the issue and I informed Qualcomm and Linux kernel maintainers, I didn't want to keep you folk waiting for them to fix it so I'd made a temporary fix.
    It seems that they have fixed it in both the upstream kernel and the CLA audio-kernel now, but they didn't backport it to a sdm845 tag!
    I've made an experimental build with the required fixes backported. If all goes well, I'll submit a patch to Lineage Gerrit.
    I've attached the build below, you'll have to flash it as a boot.img via recovery or fastboot, let me know if it fixes the problem.
    I haven't had much time to test it, so make sure you're on lineage-20.0-20230216.
    Lineage-19.1 builds in OP.