[ROM][LineageOS][N801x/N8000][ALPHA][10/08/2017]Nougat

Search This thread

schmierer

Jan 24, 2015
Strange issue. When I turn off tablet and plugin charger, screen always is on with battery icon. Icon battery showing no progress charging, looks as empty. Of course tab charging correctly. Firmware last alpha for n8000.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N8000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello Lirokola,

i've clean installt the New Rom for the N8000.
You make a very very good job!!!! The ROM is more the alpha..........

But the Problem at charging........... the display is always on .............. Not good, this is bad very bad. Please fix

The sim detected very good in Germany, but the usermusst change the APN address of the provider.

Thanks for the work and go ......

mdkp

Apr 3, 2009
I have a problem with Gapps. I have access to two N8013's. On both I can install CM14.1 without issue and it boots fine. On both when I install Gapps it hangs on the CM boot face. I have tried 2 different Gapps packages, nsno amd micro, from the link in the first post. I am using 14.1 gapps. I have also tried installing with and without clearing cache and dalvik with the same behavior. No logs since it never boots up. Please this looks like a great rom. Any help is appreciated.

PhilCapron

Dec 26, 2011
Came across this rom earlier on today. Updated the TWRP recovery on my n8010 to 2.8.7.0 using TWRP 's official zip rather than the image and with the rom installed open pico gapps arm 7.1 . Titanium Backup wouldn't uninstall apps until Supersu was installed. This was done using a 2.78 zip and then updating via play store. Don't know if this is the right thing to do but it solved the TBU problem. Other than that you have to say that this is a very nice piece of work. It's certainly smoother and faster than my previous 4.4.2 rom and really does effectively extend the life of this tablet.
(Not surprisingly, a dirty flash works after initial installation.)
Thanks for all the efforts to turn out this tidy rom.
HTH.

Flogisto

Feb 2, 2016
Montreal
I have a problem with Gapps. I have access to two N8013's. On both I can install CM14.1 without issue and it boots fine. On both when I install Gapps it hangs on the CM boot face. I have tried 2 different Gapps packages, nsno amd micro, from the link in the first post. I am using 14.1 gapps. I have also tried installing with and without clearing cache and dalvik with the same behavior. No logs since it never boots up. Please this looks like a great rom. Any help is appreciated.

Hey I was having similar issues. I did a few things using the N8013, and it finally worked.
FIRST
Install .IMG file for TWRP recovery for the GT-N8013: twrp-2.8.7.0-gt-n8013.img (8MB) from here https://dl.twrp.me/p4noterf/
Follow these instructions for installation of the IMG file:
TWRP Install (Requires TWRP 2.8.4 or higher already installed):
Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images... button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.

SECOND
I downloaded the OpenGapps ARM-7.1-PICO and placed in the SD CARD same folder as the CM14.1 installer

THIRD
Enter the newly installed TWRP (step 1) and do a full wipe. I go to advanced wipe and wipe/format everything except external_SD (for obvious reasons).
Go to install, look for the CM14.1 zip and right there, click on Add more Zips, and select the OpenGapps Pico file.
Swipe for install both.

Before doing the change of the TWRP, during the Gapps installation, TWRP crashed and the blue splash screen showed bringing me back to the main menu. Now, the installation went through fine, it finished properly. Did a quick wipe dalvik/cache and rebooted the system. Even the first boot didn't take long at all. For some reason I have the feeling that installing the SuperUser app breaks things since it happened before, but I can't confirm at the moment. For now I'm gonna stay like this, using the built-in root manager in the developer settings. @lirokoa are you aware of this?

Thanks for the great work!! So far my N8013 is working fine, after struggling a while with the gapps part.

Reactions: DroidHiker63

lirokoa

Apr 14, 2012
Grenoble
github.com
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
Hey I was having similar issues. I did a few things using the N8013, and it finally worked.
FIRST
Install .IMG file for TWRP recovery for the GT-N8013: twrp-2.8.7.0-gt-n8013.img (8MB) from here https://dl.twrp.me/p4noterf/
Follow these instructions for installation of the IMG file:
TWRP Install (Requires TWRP 2.8.4 or higher already installed):
Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images... button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.

SECOND
I downloaded the OpenGapps ARM-7.1-PICO and placed in the SD CARD same folder as the CM14.1 installer

THIRD
Enter the newly installed TWRP (step 1) and do a full wipe. I go to advanced wipe and wipe/format everything except external_SD (for obvious reasons).
Go to install, look for the CM14.1 zip and right there, click on Add more Zips, and select the OpenGapps Pico file.
Swipe for install both.

Before doing the change of the TWRP, during the Gapps installation, TWRP crashed and the blue splash screen showed bringing me back to the main menu. Now, the installation went through fine, it finished properly. Did a quick wipe dalvik/cache and rebooted the system. Even the first boot didn't take long at all. For some reason I have the feeling that installing the SuperUser app breaks things since it happened before, but I can't confirm at the moment. For now I'm gonna stay like this, using the built-in root manager in the developer settings. @lirokoa are you aware of this?

Thanks for the great work!! So far my N8013 is working fine, after struggling a while with the gapps part.

It s all written in install section, 2nd post.
1) Use provided twrp.
2) format /system /data, wipe everything
3) install cm then gapps with NO reboot in between. It's also written on gapps install doc.

What can i do more?

johnny88

May 31, 2007
Rome
1) Use provided twrp.
3) install cm then gapps with NO reboot in between. It's also written on gapps install doc.

What can i do more?

One coffe please! :')

Inviato dal mio GT-N8000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Flogisto

Feb 2, 2016
Montreal
1) Use provided twrp.

What can i do more?

Hey @lirokoa thanks for the answer. Yes your instructions were clear from the beginning, however for some reason it was happening to me that the installation phase of the gapps will cause the recovery to restart, just like that. I couldn't see if the process finished properly or not. When rebooting the tablet, it will stay forever in the android screen and even it was not possible to turn off the device directly. I'd long-press the power button and it'd just reboot not switch-off.

Anyway, for some reason I tried re-writing the recovery with the bin file as I explained and this time the installation was seamless.

Maybe I didn't explain better, but the reason for asking you was the fact that it seems that installing SuperSU breaks the system. As I said, I decided to stick to the root manager built-in your Rom. I had to reinstall a few times the everything due to failing to reboot the tablet after installing a few apps directly, including SuperSU.

Anyway, thanks so much for this work. This tablet is surprisingly fast when well maintained.

Gazzasore

Apr 1, 2014
Khon Kaen
I have this Great ROM back on my N8000
I get a couple of fc on startup
One was MTP and can't remember the other
I updated TWRP to the correct version
And it seems to have fixed the fc problem
Also Minecraft for my "daughter" has black screen when I try to start the App
But I have read its a MC App problem and not the OS
So ROM is very smooth and no problems I can see

Attachments

• tmp_10135-logcat252858727.txt
    59.9 KB · Views: 20
  • tmp_10135-device_info1213942836.txt
    684 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

softlion

Dec 21, 2016
Paris
root

Hi all,
i couldn't find any up to date tutorial to root the device from a 4.4 android version, until now and it worked:
(can not post link: search google with this term and will be first result)
"how-to-root-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-gt-n8010-android-4-4-2"
Hope it will help someone.

Still on my way to 7.1 ... not easy to understand all terms and names from scratch (how to flash gapps, ...).
And sorry for CM dying.

Update: flashed 7.1 and gapps ok.
Still on the "Starting Android in progress" screen. Seems abnormally long. How much time does it need ?
Already 5-10mn ...

Update: while flashing was ok, i keep having 'settings failed' after boot.
To get that fixed, i reflashed the same 2 zips using the recovery "twrp-2.8.7.0-n8013.zip" (i have a n8010 but it worked).
And: IT DOES WORK FINE !!!!
TY !!!

So an excellent guide would be:

0) download samsung odin from official site
1) Root your tablet using Odin (i used Odin3 v3.12.3). If using Android 4.4, all previous root guides are obsolete. Follow the only one working (see link at top on this post).
2) Flash a recovery using Odin. File extension must be ".tar.md5" and put in "AP" field. Use the one found in twrp-2.8.7.0-n8013.zip (if you have a gt-n801x tablet) in the download section (link in second post of this thread).
Note: do not use another recovery, it will work but OS will fail to start and no keyboard will be available at all (even with the hardware tick trick).
3) download 2 zip files: open gapps (platform arm, android 7.1, variant: as you want - leave default) from their website, and cm-14.1 from the download section (see second post of this thread)
4) upload these 2 zip files to the /sdcard folder of the tablet. This folder is the internal memory, not the external sdcard. I used the graphical "monitor.bat" from the android sdk (android sdk can be download from developer dot android dot com, in "command line tools only" section: "tools_r25.2.3-windows.zip") to upload the file: while the recovery is opened, adb is available (install adb usb drivers from the SDK extra folder). Drag and drop the 2 zips in the /sdcard folder in the "explorer" window of 'Android Device Monitor' (DDMS).
5) In recovery, select to flash the 2 zip files in this order: cm-14.1 then gapps, then start flash.
Reboot. Enjoy.

Hope it helped, as i lost lots of hours understanding those things, easy for geeks but not for me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is a preview build, do not install it if you want a stable ROM.

• This is a preview of what is going down on CM14.1
    • Rom is in beta state so many bugs are to be expected!
    • All the source code is available on my Github.
    • I do this on my free time and unfortunately I don't have much.
    • Any help is a appreciated!

LINKS IN SECOND POST

Source code: https://github.com/lirokoa

CREDITS:
    • The whole Cyanogenmod team
    • Special thanks @dhiru1602 for his awesome work on exynos 4
    • All people who works on the Exynos 4 SOC, they desserve it :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS N801X/N8000, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    lirokoa
    Source Code: https://github.com/lirokoa

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-10
    How to install:
    Follow the usual procedure, important things is to use supported recovery, you can download it from the download section.
    Also do not forget, wipe everything, install rom, then gapps without reboot between!
    Others recovery will not be supported!
    Also if you come from another ROM, full wipe is required.

FAQ:
    • Which Gapps to use? OpenGapps works great, you can get them from here
    • After installing ROM + Gapss, GApps keep crashing: Just update your recovery with the provided twrp (in cm-13.0 thread)
    • Keyboard does not work: enable hardware keyboard in settings.
    • If you don't want to see cursor while using S-Pen, you can disable it it in settings / inputs
    • Camera is not working: use google camera

SECURITY WARNING:
    SElinux is set to permissive, I'm tired of rewriting those rules...
    Charging while tablet is off will be fixed in next release for those who are interested.
    New build incoming.
    N8013 is up, N8000 will follow.

N8000 users, please let me know if wifi tethering is fixed, thank you.