• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][LineageOS][N801x/N8000][ALPHA][10/08/2017]Nougat

Search This thread

Sukram2014

Jun 24, 2014
Cham
Hmm ... Having no issues till now (except the "bugs" I already mentioned). Fast and smooth. Working nearly 100% stable. But when I see, how fast thes official updates oft LAOS are coming, it would be great to get an update too ...

Markus.

Last edited:

audinswfc

May 29, 2011
Barnsley
I have two N8000's running this version and neither of them will run Minecraft. I had an earlier version of CM 13.0 running previously and it worked fine in that so must be an issue with this ROM. When running it, the screen goes black and will not come back on unless I hold in the power button to reboot.

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this please? I can provide a log if someone advises me how to do it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sukram2014

Jun 24, 2014
Cham
I got this with some apps too. I think it is related to the APP and not to the ROM ;) Making apps with the latest sources is not as usually as you hope it would be :)

Sukram.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
I used banks dynamic gapps as I was having issues flashing any of the open gapps

Thank you.

Downloaded. I will try to install again and see if I succeed this time.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I highly doubt it's the motherboard. I had this same exact issue using TWRP 3.0.2 to flash Gapps. I was only able to flash Gapps using TWRP 2.8.7.0. I would suggest wiping all partitions and going back to stock rom and start from scratch if all else fails

PS: I flashed manually via ADB sideload.

Sure.
I am using TWRP 2.8.7.0, and stock rom flash fails at Nand write in ODIN.

Same result.
Gapps not successfully flashing.

Last edited:

eliotargy

Oct 24, 2013
Hangzhou
Hello again. Upon installing I get two messages: "Settings has stopped." and "MTP host has stopped." The problem is with MTP in that I cannot connect my tablet to my PC. Any suggestions?

eliotargy

Oct 24, 2013
Hangzhou
Leave it blank?

Have you ever enabled encryption?

Are you on the required version of TWRP or newer?

Problem solved by formatting data through recovery. Cheers.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

<<<"Settings has stopped." and "MTP host has stopped."
If these two errors can be fixed, the rom will be perfect.
I agree. The ROM is near perfect.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Dears,
I have a GT-N8000 which has an android v4.4.2 undowngradable and I'm facing some issues to flash Lineage with these instrucions... Does anyone know if there are any trick to make it work? I can root, install twrp but when I try flash Lineage after some time twrp restarts.
You should use version 2.8..7. Advanced wipe including data and system. Do a nandroid first. And make sure you have the correct ROM for your model.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

That's what many people reported (me included). No answers ... :crying:

Sukram.

I just changed to PTP and all is fine.

Reactions: gusdantas

Okunyin

Feb 22, 2017
Sim card not detected after rom was installed

This rom works just fine on my GT-N8000 except for ine thing, it doesn't detect my sim card and when I try to open "settings>more>cellular networks" I get an error message saying "com.android.phone has stopped"
Can I get any suggestions as to how to solve this issue?
I have already tried factory reset and clearing "sim toolkit" and "phone" data but still doesn't work I'd really appreciate a solution to this issue.
But still you guys did a great job with this ROM
Hope for more stable ones in the future
Great work guys ???

grisu48

Jun 1, 2014
This rom works just fine on my GT-N8000 except for ine thing, it doesn't detect my sim card and when I try to open "settings>more>cellular networks" I get an error message saying "com.android.phone has stopped"
Can I get any suggestions as to how to solve this issue?
I have already tried factory reset and clearing "sim toolkit" and "phone" data but still doesn't work I'd really appreciate a solution to this issue.
But still you guys did a great job with this ROM
Hope for more stable ones in the future
Great work guys

Having the same issue. The SIM Card is not detected, although it was working properly before

Gartenkralle

Feb 13, 2017
Hmm, interesting. Are you using the latest downloadable Lineage lineage-14.1-20170116-UNOFFICIAL-n8000.zip? :confused:

Yes...See the attached screenshot...

Attachments

• IMG_20170224_201440.jpg
    IMG_20170224_201440.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 602

RoyanArt

Dec 24, 2014
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The superSU from chainfire works.

1. Flash Rom
2. Flash GApps (if you like)
3. Flash Super SU
4. reboot - the system reboots 1 or 2 times. After that you should have root :fingers-crossed:

why we need to flash supersu?
rootaccess from lineageos not working or what? (we can find it in developer option)

*edit
after flashing this rom, i know the reason why we need to flash supersu :)

my problem :
I can't connect to WiFi :( , any suggestion to fix it ? (n8000)

Last edited:

danger2txting

Jan 19, 2013
I was able to install without any issue. Please update OP to include the need to use opengapps 7.1. Wrong gapps will not install. No gapps will result in a continuous loop and stay at the lineageos boot screen. Occasionally it will say settings crashed and allow the user to progress, but other times it will sit at the load screen indefinitely.

Issues discovered so far:
-Default browser causes black/locked screen when used in full screen mode
-Was also getting the error MTP has stopped, but have been unable to reliably duplicate since my apps and settings have updated.
-Settings crashed on initial setup, EDIT: on reboot as well. Continues to ask to setup physical keyboard

Overall, performance has been decent although system feels sluggish at times especially loading information heavy screens like the play store.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2016
Loving the ROM so far.. very stable. However, I cannot flash SuperSU without the device getting stuck on the LineageOS boot screen.
Just the ROM and gapps work fine but I am missing Adaway very much.

danger2txting

Jan 19, 2013
Loving the ROM so far.. very stable. However, I cannot flash SuperSU without the device getting stuck on the LineageOS boot screen.
Just the ROM and gapps work fine but I am missing Adaway very much.
Using twrp, i installed lineage and gapps, but not supersu. I installed supersu from the gapps store afted. No issues, but the first boot took a few minutes to load. Don't forget to clear your cache after the install.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

templej02

Nov 7, 2013
I'm having a problem installing opengapps - when I flash the zip with TWRP, it gets part way through installing them and then resets back to the initial recovery screen. It doesn't complete installing the gapps as far as I can tell. Anyone know what's going on here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.
    It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is a preview build, do not install it if you want a stable ROM.

• This is a preview of what is going down on CM14.1
    • Rom is in beta state so many bugs are to be expected!
    • All the source code is available on my Github.
    • I do this on my free time and unfortunately I don't have much.
    • Any help is a appreciated!

LINKS IN SECOND POST

Source code: https://github.com/lirokoa

CREDITS:
    • The whole Cyanogenmod team
    • Special thanks @dhiru1602 for his awesome work on exynos 4
    • All people who works on the Exynos 4 SOC, they desserve it :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS N801X/N8000, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Contributors
    lirokoa
    Source Code: https://github.com/lirokoa

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-22
    Last Updated 2017-08-10
    How to install:
    Follow the usual procedure, important things is to use supported recovery, you can download it from the download section.
    Also do not forget, wipe everything, install rom, then gapps without reboot between!
    Others recovery will not be supported!
    Also if you come from another ROM, full wipe is required.

FAQ:
    • Which Gapps to use? OpenGapps works great, you can get them from here
    • After installing ROM + Gapss, GApps keep crashing: Just update your recovery with the provided twrp (in cm-13.0 thread)
    • Keyboard does not work: enable hardware keyboard in settings.
    • If you don't want to see cursor while using S-Pen, you can disable it it in settings / inputs
    • Camera is not working: use google camera

SECURITY WARNING:
    SElinux is set to permissive, I'm tired of rewriting those rules...
    Charging while tablet is off will be fixed in next release for those who are interested.
    New build incoming.
    N8013 is up, N8000 will follow.

N8000 users, please let me know if wifi tethering is fixed, thank you.