• XBMC in android

Votes: 120 20.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Josh.5

Apr 4, 2014
EmbER v2.0.2 Released - The final Helix build

Hey everyone.

Somewhat delayed, but never-the-less... Here is the final Kodi 14.2 Embedded Entertainment ROM http://ember-dev.com/downloads.

Release Notes

This release was mostly a bunch of bug fixes to 2.0.1. Some of which were more serious than others.
This release has also been made public as it fixes a number of issues in the underlying conversion process to EmbER.

There are still some outstanding reported issues for TLBB builds. To be honest, it was just a case of time and our lack there of. Rest assured though, this will be looked into in the upcoming EmbER v3.

Some of the big things that we're looking at doing for the next few releases are:

- Bumping MX kernel to 3.10.
- Updating a majority of packages.
- Adding a bluetooth stack to System Settings.
- Adding scheduled backups and adding a custom dir option.
- Implement PAL/NTSC switch for A/V output users.
- And a bunch of other little things (and maybe some huge things...)

Remember to follow us on Twitter or Facebook for up-to-date news on development progress.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

This may also be useful to someone...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut4csg8dr6bgwx9/EmbER-AutoMakeRecoverySD.tar.gz?dl=1

It's a script for creating a Recovery SD for EmbER devices.

Extract it and run
Code:
 sudo ./MakeRecoverySD <drive>
(Where "<drive>" is the name of your device in Linux. Eg. /dev/sdb)

This isn't 100% tested. If anyone finds anything wrong with it, please let me know.

Wotzit

Aug 11, 2013
croniccorey / Josh.5,
Can you give me a clue as to how I can re-enable the suspend after 20mins idle, that has been removed in your build.
I have tried using advancedsettings.xml but, as has been previously reported, your cooked version overrides the users requirements and keeps it disabled.
I appear to be able to powerOFF using that file, but this option does not turn off the video output to my TV (MX2 box) and so the TV does not shut off. This is a very useful feature (for those of us with kids), so I am stumped why it has been disabled.
After all, if it IS restored as an option, those that have no use for it can simply not use it
Thanks

Last edited:

DancesWithChickens

Feb 23, 2015
Did a fresh install of 2.0.2:

G6Q6x3Fh.jpg

being both connected and disconnected - Schrödingers Internet.

Performing a video library update still performs a cleanup as well.

So offline/disconnected temporary sources (external HDD) will be deleted from library... which means my HDD has to run all the time, or i won't have a video library.

FTP still doesn't work.

RayWalton

Mar 3, 2014
Ban Chang, Rayong
Did a fresh install of 2.0.2:

G6Q6x3Fh.jpg

being both connected and disconnected - Schrödingers Internet.

Performing a video library update still performs a cleanup as well.

So offline/disconnected temporary sources (external HDD) will be deleted from library... which means my HDD has to run all the time, or i won't have a video library.

FTP still doesn't work.

You beat me to it as have just noticed this weird little bug in the Internet connection screen. Before I realised what was happening I really thought my Ethernet connection was not connection and could not figure why until I found out I was connected all the time.

Whilst talkie about using Ethernet connection to the MyGIca box I have one annoying problem with this and that concerns Apple Air Play from my iPhone 4S . This is important now I have the magic Apple Music service which I highly rate despite the buggy latest iTunes problems with it. The problem is, and I have had this for a long time, is that I cannot Air Play to the MyGica box from my iPhone 4S unless the box is connected to my LAN via WiFi. This is crazy as after all whether Ethernet or WiFi it is still the same LAN so logically it should work either way. Can anyone else get their iPhone to work to their KODI box if it is connected via Ethernet, or does everyone have to connect only via the same LAN WiFI link as the iPhone is using??

Is there a Router setting that needs changing for this Air Play problem ?? I certainly cannot find one or know of one.

As to the Library and my external USB hard drive with all the media on it well I leave that permanently plugged into my KODI box so it powers up when I power up my box. But understand your concerns on this point though.

Last edited:

mj1998

Apr 19, 2008
Hi, I have been on this forum for a while. I had installed xbmc v12.2 in 2013 on my generic mx box. It has been working fine. However, I was looking into upgrading it to the latest version. I have copied the latest EmbER files (for my device) onto root of SD card:
- aml_autoscript
- bootloader.img
- EmbER-Amlogic-_****_****-update.zip
- factory_update_param.aml
- recovery.img

The toothpick method is no longer working. The box just loads into xbmc v12.2 every time. Am I missing something? Thanks.

mj1998

Apr 19, 2008
Is there a way to install the update via ssh?

Hi, I have been on this forum for a while. I had installed xbmc v12.2 in 2013 on my generic mx box. It has been working fine. However, I was looking into upgrading it to the latest version. I have copied the latest EmbER files (for my device) onto root of SD card:
- aml_autoscript
- bootloader.img
- EmbER-Amlogic-_****_****-update.zip
- factory_update_param.aml
- recovery.img

The toothpick method is no longer working. The box just loads into xbmc v12.2 every time. Am I missing something? Thanks.

mj1998

Apr 19, 2008
That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for a quick response.

If you can SSH (or ADB if you have Android installed) into the Box, just issue command:
#reboot recovery
And while the SD card with all those files on it is inserted, it should install the new build.

Sent from my Mobile Communication Device

vvd214

Oct 28, 2011
I just Updated to 2.0.2 on my ATV1200 (G02REF), I got a problem with display unicode characters when change to my language (Vietnamese), I try other option: change Font, Skin, Character set but no improve, please fix, thank

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EmbER v2.0.2 is Rolling Out!!!

Links are on our home page.

If you like it please click thanks on this post and give it a rating
    Thanks to all users

Flash at your own risk!!!
    We claim absolutely no responsibility if you make your device a paperweight, READ everything and know what you are doing before you start.

Info
    Embedded Entertainment Rom (EmbER) is small Linux distribution for the sole purpose of running the widely known Kodi Media Center as a OS on TV boxs using Amlogic chipsets and eventually others.

Support will be limited and handled over XDA forums.

If you would like to help out or know a fix let us know, Any fixes we make or find will be shared back to other developers on git ;)

Credits
    [email protected] for xbmc source
    Buildroot.org for buildroot source
    [email protected] for AML fixs
    [email protected] for help and fixs along the way
    [email protected] for his work on AML devices
    [email protected] for his work on MX devices
    [email protected] for his work on M6 devices
    Amlogic for access to there sources
    XDA for hosting these fourms
    AndroidFileHost, DevHost, and Goo.im for free premium file hosting

EmbER-Dev Team
    CronicCorey | Josh.5

[URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RXYPT5A5ACJ7W"]
    paypal_donate_button.gif
    [/URL]

Bitbucket | Github | Gitlab
    Builds

EmbER version scheme
    vX.X.X-aX = alpha
    vX.X.X-bX = beta
    vX.X.X-rcX = release canidate
    vX.X.X = release

EmbER Links

EmbER-Dev

All MX Linux downloads
    Link 1 | Link 2

ssh/putty logon info
    logon: root
    password: letmein
    Corey, thank you so much for sharing your developments!

Some questions:
    -Have you been able to test audio out through SPDIF?
    -Is internet streaming working for you?
    -Is there a work-around for changing the network settings?
    -Will a DHCP ethernet connection set itself up properly?

your welcome,

- no spdif untested but hdmi passthrough works fine
    - yes i stream 480p/720p/1080p without issues
    - that bug is unconfirmed as of now
    - yes dhcp works

cheers
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode